HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Amnesty Buy-Outs Allowable In-Season For Redden And Gomez

Old
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
oilerbear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Wow, now that the first buyout is now, do you think we'll see more then just Gomez and Redden get bought out before the season starts or does anyone think some guys like Horcoff might be shown the door as well?
Genius!

Give me the center option that:

1. plays first comp in a less than 45% zone start while getiing the post 04 lockout average.
2. high pocession, front net precence center with high GF rate on pp.

3. 2MIn+TOI PK center with top 40 GA.

That do not require a trade or any assets, and are less than 5.5M per year.

I am LMAO!
When you start to look, you will realize how much of a (red calls his son in the 70 show) ...........

you buy out guys you can replace with cheaper cap and younger.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
To be fair, if he made the same amount of money as Bickel or Matt ****ing Gilroy, you don't think he would be playing over one of them?
No. And not Eminger either.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Durrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
So every team that spent to or close to the cap that had players of an salary in the minors was circumventing the cap?

Interesting.

The Rangers placed Redden in the minors because that's where he belonged.
Correct.
Along with the back diving contracts.
One of the main drivers for this CBA negotiations was to plug the cap holes to keep all the contract money within the system.

Durrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Sather followed the rules. Why should he be punished for that? He followed the rules signing Redden and he followed the rules for keeping him in the AHL. Not grandfathering in the Redden situation was BS.
He used a loop hole in the old CBA, that is why they changed it in this CBA. Does he get to get away with it because the Rangers have deep pockets?

We are in a cap system now. Sather knew what he was doing when he signed Redden to the contract.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
bernmeister

Well, if I have it right, it appears Rangers can avoid bubble wrap of Redden, buy out 'now', will cost full amount of remaining 2 years but will come off books after this season.

But if Rangers do that, they get nothing in terms of relief if Redden is paid by any other team, i.e., that salary taken vs. what Rangers cap hit is this season.

However, if Rangers could actually find a taker (which is unlikely without benefit of the above meaning only the new negotiated salary between Redden and a new team would apply), then big IF, but if that were the case, the whole Redden salary cap headache becomes that other team's problem.

However, we would obviously have to pay them to take this problem off our hands.

So the question is which is cheaper?

Buy out Redden now, and have one buy out remaining which cannot be used until next year? {Or is that not the case?}

Or move him if there is a taker, depending upon the cost of such a bribe is?

Seems like now a buy out may be in order.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Sorry if this was answered (don't have time to read the whole thread), but is this accelerated amnesty buyout in addition to the 2 that teams can use in the summer, or does it take the place of one of them if a team uses it before the season?

Also, I would think that this isn't just for Redden and Gomez, but for every team? (wouldn't be fair otherwise)

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Sorry if this was answered (don't have time to read the whole thread), but is this accelerated amnesty buyout in addition to the 2 that teams can use in the summer, or does it take the place of one of them if a team uses it before the season?

Also, I would think that this isn't just for Redden and Gomez, but for every team? (wouldn't be fair otherwise)
It counts towards the allotment.
If I am not mistaken, the accelerated buyout costs the team 100% of the contract and has full cap hit this season, if they waited till the off season, they would save 1/3rd of the salary and no cap ht for 2013/14 season

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
canuckster19
Former CDC Mod

Gomez to the Canucks, I'm certain of it, I'm giving it my personal C-5 stamp.

Purely speculative of course.

canuckster19 is offline   Reply With Quote