HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
  #176
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Just wondering, how many goals did Stamkos score when St. Louis was injured? I have a friend whos trying to argue Iginla is the better scorer than Stamkos, and the only reason he scores more is because of St. Louis.
While I could look up when Marty was injured last year and then compare that to how many goals Stammer scored without him, I am too lazy. Please direct your friend to this graphic:

http://i.imgur.com/wOc2M.jpg

Marty assisted (primary and secondary) on 20 of Stammer's 60 goals last year. 1/3. Please tell your friend that Iginla doesn't even come close to Stamkos with regards to scoring ability.

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
  #177
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
While I could look up when Marty was injured last year and then compare that to how many goals Stammer scored without him, I am too lazy. Please direct your friend to this graphic:

http://i.imgur.com/wOc2M.jpg

Marty assisted (primary and secondary) on 20 of Stammer's 60 goals last year. 1/3. Please tell your friend that Iginla doesn't even come close to Stamkos with regards to scoring ability.
Been trying to argue that for the last 30 minutes, he's super dense though. That graphic is really nice though, hopefully he realizes how stupid his argument is.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:38 PM
  #178
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 1225
I hope Lindback kills it for you guys. Super nice guy. Do think it will take ~20 games for him to hit his groove given Pekka was such a workhorse when he was here.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
  #179
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I hope Lindback kills it for you guys. Super nice guy. Do think it will take ~20 games for him to hit his groove given Pekka was such a workhorse when he was here.
Well in that case he'll kill Tampa.. but not in a good way lol.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #180
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Well in that case he'll kill Tampa.. but not in a good way lol.
I hope he does awesome, we win the cup, and be called the lockout kings.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
  #181
lost puck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I hope he does awesome, we win the cup, and be called the lockout kings.
lol Win cup = Lock out, Lock Out = win cup, I like it, very poetic

lost puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
  #182
dillyboy93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Caps fan here, just wondering what happened to J.T. Brown haven't heard anything about him and was wondering if he was gonna be on your opening night roster

dillyboy93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
  #183
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyboy93 View Post
Caps fan here, just wondering what happened to J.T. Brown haven't heard anything about him and was wondering if he was gonna be on your opening night roster
Broken Collar Bone + Surgery, out 5-8weeks more.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
  #184
hfgreg
Obviously...
 
hfgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLeitner View Post
Is anyone else a bit worried about Purcell this year? Doesn't it usually take him a while to get going each season? That would hurt bad - especially this season - if our second line winger takes 25-30 games to get in the swing of things....
Purcell and Vinny were electric in the first skate around they had Sunday at the forum. He looks in shape and ready to build on last years career year IMO.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:43 PM
  #185
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
^ Do you have a chart or anything? Would be awesome to see since i'm in a debate.

Just wondering, how many goals did Stamkos score when St. Louis was injured? I have a friend whos trying to argue Iginla is the better scorer than Stamkos, and the only reason he scores more is because of St. Louis.
Holy hell.

Iginla has scored 516 goals in his 15 years in the league (1188 Games). That is a .43 G/PG clip.

Stamkos has scored 179 goals in his 4 years in the league (325 Games). That is a .55 G/PG clip.

A .12 difference is EXTREMELY significant. Extrapolated over the course of a 15 year career( using Iginla's 1188 Games as a base) for Stamkos it would compare as Inginla's 516 goals to Stamkos' 653 goals. Almost 150 more goals over the course of a career.

Your friend, to put it nicely. Is an idiot.


Last edited by IdealisticSniper: 01-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
  #186
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Holy hell.

Iginla has scored 516 goals in his 15 years in the league (1188 Games). That is a .43 G/PG clip.

Stamkos has scored 179 goals in his 4 years in the league (325 Games). That is a .55 G/PG clip.

A .12 difference is EXTREMELY significant. Extrapolated over the course of a 15 year career( using Iginla's 1188 Games as a base) for Stamkos it would compare as Inginla's 516 goals to Stamkos' 653 goals. Almost 150 more goals over the course of a career.

Your friend, to put it nicely. Its an idiot.
Haha, I know. Which is why I try to educate him sometimes

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM
  #187
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola
 
FrancoRussianAlaskan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pensacola, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
According to Christodero, Pyatt seems to be developing some nice chemistry with Pouliot

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
  #188
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
And Tyrell with Wilson.

Interesting how things are shaping up.

Malone-Stamkos-St Louis
Concacher-Lecavalier-Purcell
Pouliot-Pyatt-Thompson
Tyrell-Wilson- Crombeen?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:19 AM
  #189
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
And Tyrell with Wilson.

Interesting how things are shaping up.

Malone-Stamkos-St Louis
Concacher-Lecavalier-Purcell
Pouliot-Pyatt-Thompson
Tyrell-Wilson- Crombeen?
Don't forget Crombeen-Hall-Thompson was a consistent line during camp, Jan 14.

I guess it's somewhat safe to say that the chance of making the team for Wyman, Angelidis and Labrie is shrinking. Johnson probably too with all the praise Conacher is getting.

As for our 3rd and 4th line we have chemistry between:
Pouliot and Pyatt
Tyrell and Wilson
Hall and Thompson (and Crombeen)

But it's not unlikely that Boucher will have 7 defensemen dress and not just for opening night. So which combo is he going to break up?

Consistant D pairings during camp were:
Carle and Brewer
Hedman and Salo
MAB and Lee
Mikkelson and Aulie

It's gonna be tough for Boucher to figure out who's gonna be on his 3rd pairing, who will be #7 and who will sit in the press box.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
  #190
PoundCake
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
So it looks like we'll be keeping all 8 Dmen up?

Opening day roster of (so far)?

Forwards (13)
Conacher
Crombeen
Hall
Lecavalier
Malone
Pouliot
Purcell
Pyatt
St. Louis
Stamkos
Thompson
Tyrell
Wilson

Defensemen (8)
Aulie
Bergeron
Brewer
Carle
Hedman
Lee
Mikkelson
Salo

Goalies (2)
Garon
Lindback

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
For opening night, I'd probably do something like:

Malone -- Stamkos -- St. Louis
Conacher -- Lecavalier -- Purcell
Pouliot -- Pyatt -- Tyrell
Thompson -- Crombeen

Hedman -- Salo
Brewer -- Carle
Aulie -- Lee
Bergeron

Lindback
Garon

Scratches: Mikkelson, Hall, Wilson

During the season, I think we'll see a lot of rotation between Aulie/Mikkelson/Bergeron for the #6 and #7 d spots, as well as Wilson/Pyatt/Tyrell for 3rd line center and 3rd line winger spots.

That's how I would do open night lines though.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
  #191
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Last year was hopefully an anomaly and Boucher didn't run 7 until like February.

It may be too risky straight away to do so however. We've got new guys and the team hasn't played together in a meaningful game since April. That being said, I'd expect 11/7 the first game.

Coaches, like players, get rust too.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-17-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: changed my mind
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:22 AM
  #192
Sky04
Registered User
 
Sky04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Holy hell.

Iginla has scored 516 goals in his 15 years in the league (1188 Games). That is a .43 G/PG clip.

Stamkos has scored 179 goals in his 4 years in the league (325 Games). That is a .55 G/PG clip.

A .12 difference is EXTREMELY significant. Extrapolated over the course of a 15 year career( using Iginla's 1188 Games as a base) for Stamkos it would compare as Inginla's 516 goals to Stamkos' 653 goals. Almost 150 more goals over the course of a career.

Your friend, to put it nicely. Is an idiot.
There are much better ways you can argue Stamkos is a better goal scorer than iginla, but this one is just stupid. You can't just prorate Stamkos's gpg through that many years when Iginla's stats are through over 3 times the amount of years.

Not to mention you didn't even include Stamkos's rookie year yet you used Iginla's entire career Homerism at its finest.

As for lines,any chance Conacher makes the team this year?

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
  #193
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,729
vCash: 500
Big chance in 2nd line with Vinny and Purcell

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
  #194
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
There are much better ways you can argue Stamkos is a better goal scorer than iginla, but this one is just stupid. You can't just prorate Stamkos's gpg through that many years when Iginla's stats are through over 3 times the amount of years.

Not to mention you didn't even include Stamkos's rookie year yet you used Iginla's entire career Homerism at its finest.

As for lines,any chance Conacher makes the team this year?
He did include Stamkos' rookie season. 23 (rookie) + 51 (2nd) + 45 (3rd) + 60 (4th) = 179.

In fact, the only number I'm getting differently is Stamkos' goal total after the math occurs. He got 653 and I got 654.


Last edited by MattM92: 01-17-2013 at 08:34 AM.
MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:54 AM
  #195
Hockeystar3712
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Any speculation on top PP unit?

Not a TB fan here, but if I remember correctly you guys generally run Stamkos on one point? Then St Louis and Lecavalier down low... Who would the 3rd forward be and the other point man? Or am I all wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hockeystar3712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:10 AM
  #196
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystar3712 View Post
Any speculation on top PP unit?

Not a TB fan here, but if I remember correctly you guys generally run Stamkos on one point? Then St Louis and Lecavalier down low... Who would the 3rd forward be and the other point man? Or am I all wrong? Thanks in advance.
Boucher is splitting it up a little bit. St. Louis will be qb'ing the first unit and Lecavalier the second. At least for the time being.

I'll have to find where I saw that to get the exact personnel.

Looks like practices have had Salo/Carle, St. Louis, Stamkos, Purcell and Malone for the 1st unit.


Last edited by Benders Lindyhop: 01-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
  #197
Hockeystar3712
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
I'm mostly asking for fantasy purposes... I have Malone and Carle on my fantasy team.. I'm sure Carle will be on the point on one of the two units and was just trying to see if anyone had insight on Malone..

Hockeystar3712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:33 AM
  #198
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystar3712 View Post
Any speculation on top PP unit?

Not a TB fan here, but if I remember correctly you guys generally run Stamkos on one point? Then St Louis and Lecavalier down low... Who would the 3rd forward be and the other point man? Or am I all wrong? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystar3712 View Post
I'm mostly asking for fantasy purposes... I have Malone and Carle on my fantasy team.. I'm sure Carle will be on the point on one of the two units and was just trying to see if anyone had insight on Malone..
Check out the training camp thread.

1st unit was: Salo, Stamkos, St. Louis, Malone, Purcell
2nd unit was: Carle, Bergeron/Hedman, Conacher/Johnson, Pouliot, Lecavalier

Could change anytime, though.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
  #199
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Check out the training camp thread.

1st unit was: Salo, Stamkos, St. Louis, Malone, Purcell
2nd unit was: Carle, Bergeron/Hedman, Conacher/Johnson, Pouliot, Lecavalier

Could change anytime, though.
Or I could have just looked in the training camp thread instead of all over the internet

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:50 AM
  #200
hfgreg
Obviously...
 
hfgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystar3712 View Post
I'm mostly asking for fantasy purposes... I have Malone and Carle on my fantasy team.. I'm sure Carle will be on the point on one of the two units and was just trying to see if anyone had insight on Malone..
Lol you have Malone and Carle? Not liking your chances for fantasy hockey..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.