HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Xbox 360 - Be a GM NHL 13 Sim League - Thread #5 - OPEN SPOTS LOOKING FOR GMS!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #276
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeenKariya View Post
Yeah mine did too and when there is an injury it makes the weirdest lines like scratching Cowen and keeping babchuk in the lineup (who was doing fabulous). Good news is the Ottawa Senators are off to a solid start! My only regret is picking the 2020 1st rounder from the Rangers instead of this year (I think have like 3 games so far last I checked but they could still easily turn it around). Despres looking good for a rookie 15 points in 14 games should challenge Wesley for Calder.
Markstrom says hello.

Kellogs is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  #277
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs View Post
Markstrom says hello.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:09 PM
  #278
Das Boot
Jajajaja
 
Das Boot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Wesley has it don't even kid.

Das Boot is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
  #279
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Back-to-back Calder Trophy winner Markstrom says hello.

Kellogs is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
  #280
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 500
Looking for a 80 something rental D.

Indy on the Road is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
  #281
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
Looking for a 80 something rental D.
Matt Greene would enjoy coming back to Buffalo.

__________________
No longer valid
moz is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
  #282
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
I love how moz pulls the player returning to his former team card to entice OSF to a trade.

Don't be fooled into thinking that a player's apparent desire to return to your team will somehow translate into an improved outcome for your team. If you're looking for a rental D at a much friendlier cap hit and who is much younger, look no further than the Florida Panthers' Steven Tarasuk, an 80 Overall OFD with elite defensive instincts.


Last edited by Kellogs: 01-15-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Kellogs is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
  #283
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,021
vCash: 50
Granlund leads my team with 20 points in 20 games

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
  #284
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Schroeder 2nd line centre, 82 overall, 25 years old. RFA asking for 3.2mil-3.5mil depending on the year. Looking to trade him for picks/unsigned prospects. Do not want any contracts coming back.

Or willing to package him with Roman Josi(26, Top 6, 3.2mil 2 years, 82 overall, 3.5 stars) for an OFD.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
  #285
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs View Post
I love how moz pulls the player returning to his former team card to entice OSF to a trade.

Don't be fooled into thinking that a player's apparent desire to return to your team will somehow translate into an improved outcome for your team. If you're looking for a rental D at a much friendlier cap hit and who is much younger, look no further than the Florida Panthers' Steven Tarasuk, an 80 Overall OFD with elite defensive instincts.
My barn or yours?

moz is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:31 PM
  #286
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 500
I'll let you guys know. I found a nice FA still available that might do the trick.

Indy on the Road is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:16 AM
  #287
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
My barn or yours?
Mine of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
I'll let you guys know. I found a nice FA still available that might do the trick.
Tarasuk is still available...

Kellogs is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:15 AM
  #288
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Schroeder 2nd line centre, 82 overall, 25 years old. RFA asking for 3.2mil-3.5mil depending on the year. Looking to trade him for picks/unsigned prospects. Do not want any contracts coming back.

Or willing to package him with Roman Josi(26, Top 6, 3.2mil 2 years, 82 overall, 3.5 stars) for an OFD.
UPDATE: Schroeder resigned 6 years at 3.3mil per.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:34 PM
  #289
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
St. Louis looking to make a run:

Shinkaruhk (69) – Skinner (85) – Simmonds (85)
Hartnell (84) – Cyzikas (84) – Kassian (86)
Steen (83) – Johansson (82) – Parenteau (81)
Haddad (80) – Fisher (79) – Downie (81)

Bouwmeester (87) – Carlson (86)
Ekhlund (83) – Burns (85)
Aulie (83) – Eronen (82)
Schultz (83)

Halak (85)
Lehner (75)


I might look into a high-end backup, just in case.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
  #290
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Can anyone tell me why my team is so bad lol...on paper its the best roster i've had with the worst results so far.

derriko is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
  #291
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Can anyone tell me why my team is so bad lol...on paper its the best roster i've had with the worst results so far.
Change up your team strategy?

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #292
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
This league is broken. Im selling a 25 year old 2nd line center and I cant get ONE offer.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
  #293
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
This league is broken. Im selling a 25 year old 2nd line center and I cant get ONE offer.
To me he is dime a dozen. I only have cap room for defense.

Speaking of which, moz/kellogs, what are you guys looking for in return for your D?

Indy on the Road is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
  #294
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Yea, ive changed my strategies a couple times to no effect. I score 2.57 gpg, give up 2.17 gapg, have the 3rd ranked powerplay, and 11th pk, yet I am in 23 in the league haha. I cant figure it out.

As to Schroeder, I have Weal who is basically the same player. I think its hardest to make trades at this time because everyone got what they wanted from free agency already, and havent lost enough bodies from injury yet.

derriko is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:45 PM
  #295
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
To me he is dime a dozen. I only have cap room for defense.

Speaking of which, moz/kellogs, what are you guys looking for in return for your D?
A 4th.

moz is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
  #296
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
This league is broken. Im selling a 25 year old 2nd line center and I cant get ONE offer.
Obviously I can't speak for other GMs, but my current strategy is to not trade at all (minus offloading Greene because I have too many D) and just let my players develop for a few seasons. That makes me a pretty boring league member but yeah.

Edit: though I am confused how 82 counts as a second line C, my roster sucks and he'd be my 4th.

moz is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
  #297
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Yea, ive changed my strategies a couple times to no effect. I score 2.57 gpg, give up 2.17 gapg, have the 3rd ranked powerplay, and 11th pk, yet I am in 23 in the league haha. I cant figure it out.
Have you changed line strategy?
Quote:
As to Schroeder, I have Weal who is basically the same player. I think its hardest to make trades at this time because everyone got what they wanted from free agency already, and havent lost enough bodies from injury yet.
That makes sense. Its just weird because in real life a 2nd line center becoming available would get a ton of interest. Especially being 25.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
  #298
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Obviously I can't speak for other GMs, but my current strategy is to not trade at all (minus offloading Greene because I have too many D) and just let my players develop for a few seasons. That makes me a pretty boring league member but yeah.

Edit: though I am confused how 82 counts as a second line C, my roster sucks and he'd be my 4th.
He's got low defense and physical attributes with high offensive attributes.

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
  #299
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
To me he is dime a dozen. I only have cap room for defense.

Speaking of which, moz/kellogs, what are you guys looking for in return for your D?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
A 4th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Obviously I can't speak for other GMs, but my current strategy is to not trade at all (minus offloading Greene because I have too many D) and just let my players develop for a few seasons. That makes me a pretty boring league member but yeah.

Edit: though I am confused how 82 counts as a second line C, my roster sucks and he'd be my 4th.
Perhaps we can work out some sort of 3 way deal. I would be interested in taking on Greene, maybe Buffalo is more interested in my defenseman, and Buffalo seems to have something you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Have you changed line strategy?


That makes sense. Its just weird because in real life a 2nd line center becoming available would get a ton of interest. Especially being 25.
Problem is, the game overproduces second line centers, so most are probably satisfied with their #2 centers. Don't hate the players, hate the game

Kellogs is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
  #300
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
This league is broken. Im selling a 25 year old 2nd line center and I cant get ONE offer.
I would be interested if I had space on my roster for him. My top three guys down the middle are Staal, Granlund, and Desharnais. I don't want to play either Desharnais or Schroeder on the 4th line.

If I can get Schroeder for cheap and someone takes Desharnais off my hands, that'd be cool. But no one has shown interest in him.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.