HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Value of Scott Hartnell

Old
01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Value of Scott Hartnell

Just wondering what it would take if one of our top line on the Ducks decides to leave. Hence Perry leaving and YES I know Harts plays left and Perry plays right. I'm just curious Flyer fans. Harts has grit and we need that upfront plus a bunch of scoring.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:18 PM
var

As surprising as it was to see Richards and Carter go, it would be even more surprising to see Hartnell go. Epitome of Philly hockey.

var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by var View Post
As surprising as it was to see Richards and Carter go, it would be even more surprising to see Hartnell go. Epitome of Philly hockey.
Well?? What would it take? Ducks won the cup off grit so I'm curious what it would take if we took a shot at Harts.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Prairie Habs

I'm pretty sure Montreal would be all over it if Hartnell became available, he would look great next to Plek on the second line.

I would also wonder what Philly would be looking for though I would assume it would be a top 4 or top 2 D depending on what either side adds.

We don't have any current top 4 D available so I assume we are out of the running, but I would still offer up

Beauleau + MTL 2nd + Emelin/Diaz

or Beaulieu + MTL 1st in 2014

Not that enticing for a win now team but Philly has a pretty long window for being competitive so I'll throw those out there.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

value to dentistry? incalculable.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Well?? What would it take? Ducks won the cup off grit so I'm curious what it would take if we took a shot at Harts.
We have no shot at him. Philadelphia is gunning for contention, and they are not going to consider trading their superstar center's winger who he has great chemistry with, for a downgrade. If we'd call, the only answer I'd expect would be would be Ryan, with them throwing something in there. And no even much, given what Giroux/Hartnell already are for them.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
He's worth a lot. I may get flamed bad from my fellow Jets fans, but I'd get rid of money bags for him.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
We have no shot at him. Philadelphia is gunning for contention, and they are not going to consider trading their superstar center's winger who he has great chemistry with, for a downgrade. If we'd call, the only answer I'd expect would be would be Ryan, with them throwing something in there. And no even much, given what Giroux/Hartnell already are for them.
This. The flyers just don't really have any reason to trade Hartnell unless it was for a great overpayment. He's extremely valuable to this team, moreso than I think people realize. On top of being our numer 1 winger and Girouxs left hand man, he's a "glue guy" if you will...

There are some players on Anaheim that I like, but I don't even know if I'd consider trading Hartnell for them. No, not even hometown boy bobby Ryan. Yes Ryan has more trade value than Hartnell, as do the rest of the players Id want from Anaheim (perry, sbisa, fowler even though none of these would be traded, except maybe perry) and i LOVE ryan. i really want to see him in a flyers jersey some day, but I really think Hartnell is invaluable to the flyers, and not just on the ice necessarily, he's a mentor for the young guys and a class act off the ice. I think a lot of guys in the locker room would be pretty pissed if Hartnell were traded.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront. I hope Murray at least inquired on him.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:34 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'd imagine the Flyers would be interested in Fowler and Ryan. But in reality, I can't see him leaving. He just signed a 6 year extension with a NMC.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
I'd imagine the Flyers would be interested in Fowler and Ryan. But in reality, I can't see him leaving. He just signed a 6 year extension with a NMC.
That's why I want him. Six years NMC gritty as f and down! If ducks could get him were good years until our prospects turn pro.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront.
I know he's a fantastic player and would be a picture-perfect fit here given what we could need, but I don't think that trade would be a smart idea, whatsoever. If Perry doesn't want to sign, we should take what we can get for him and use that first rounder. While Hartnell is great, that would be a huge price to pay in order to tread waters, because we certainly couldn't expect Hartnell to make up for Perry's lost production in that scenario. We just wouldn't be in a situation where such a move made sense. That's a couple of years away, I suppose.

Quote:
I hope Murray at least inquired on him.
I don't think any GM has inquired about him with Holmgren for a long time. Heavily contributing players on teams looking to win now, who have great chemistry with their linemates and who are signed long-term to good deals tend to not be on the market, unless very special circumstances arrive. There's no point in even dialing Holmgren's number asking about Hartnell, and I don't think any GM has actually bothered to make such a call in a long time. They know that's not a scenario where you can make a trade happen, which is tough enough generally.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront. I hope Murray at least inquired on him.
This would be extremely tempting for me. Perry unsigned is a gamble because he might not resign but I really like perry, and I think with Giroux he could net 45-50 again. The first could be very valuable to us in terms of getting a potential top pairing defenseman if Anaheim has another down year.

But still, even with that being said, Hartnell is the type of guy who holds a locker room together, and keeps the guys loose and motivated. I honestly think trading him could be disastrous for team morale and locker room stability. I really think he's that important to our current success and the development of the young guys.

It would be a very tempting offer though.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
That's why I want him. Six years NMC gritty as f and down! If ducks could get him were good years until our prospects turn pro.
Or we could focus on bringing perry back... same type of player but corery perry is better at all aspects.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
lakai17

vCash: 174
Peter Laviolette said Scott Hartnell is worth his left nut, that's how he values Scott.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:10 AM
lakai17

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
He's worth a lot. I may get flamed bad from my fellow Jets fans, but I'd get rid of money bags for him.
I would consider it as well, he is that good and will be in his prime for many more seasons.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Honour Over Glory

Ryan would cost Hartnell +.

Yeah he's a fan favourite, but you'd have to be blind as a bat to think Ryan isn't worth more.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:58 AM
laundryman

If the Flyers were in a position to move Scott (which they aren't, as said in this thread) and Anaheim inquired, I'd assume they would have interest in Fowler or Perry. Perry for Hartnell straight up is interesting because the value isn't quite the same, but Perry is a soon to be free agent and there's been speculation that the Flyers will make a run at him after this year. If Anaheim wants to get something for Perry, a 30 goal scoring locker room glue guy and fan favorite is not a bad return by any stretch.

The return might be different for other teams. Depending on how the young guys for the Flyers do this year (Voracek, Schenn, Read) in terms of handling the scoring load, the Flyers could move Hartnell to bolster the defense knowing they have others to fill the loss in scoring. A top 4 d-man would be nice. If a team offers a top 2 the Flyers would probably toss in a pick or a prospect like Gustafsson or Bourdon

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:21 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I'm pretty sure Montreal would be all over it if Hartnell became available, he would look great next to Plek on the second line.

I would also wonder what Philly would be looking for though I would assume it would be a top 4 or top 2 D depending on what either side adds.

We don't have any current top 4 D available so I assume we are out of the running, but I would still offer up

Beauleau + MTL 2nd + Emelin/Diaz

or Beaulieu + MTL 1st in 2014

Not that enticing for a win now team but Philly has a pretty long window for being competitive so I'll throw those out there.
Couldn't crack the 1st line in Montreal? You might be over-valuing a couple wingers there..

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Ryan would cost Hartnell +.

Yeah he's a fan favourite, but you'd have to be blind as a bat to think Ryan isn't worth more.
In terms of raw value, I wholeheartedly agree. That said, I doubt the Flyers would take the deal even if it were straight up because of Hartnell's role in the teams chemistry. I think it's fairly obvious that the Flyers and Ryan have a ton of mutual interest, but the deal to be made isn't around Hartnell from either teams perspective.

Broad Street Elite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:41 AM
captainpaxil

Ryan even up or an offer like sbisa palmierri 2 firsts

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
Ryan even up or an offer like sbisa palmierri 2 firsts
Sbisa- an nhl defencemen who can skate and hit with a good two way game.
Kyle Palmieri- arguably our top prospect
and 2 firsts- depending what happens with getz and perry high picks

for hartnell, switch hartnell to giroux maybe

Old
01-16-2013, 01:50 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Sbisa- an nhl defencemen who can skate and hit with a good two way game.
Kyle Palmieri- arguably our top prospect
and 2 firsts- depending what happens with getz and perry high picks

for hartnell, switch hartnell to giroux maybe
Giroux would cost you Ryan, Fowler, and a 1st

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Ya i know i dont think ryan fowler and a 1st gets giroux either. If it does sign me up.

But i was saying the only person on the flyers i would give up 2 firsts our top prospect and sbisa for was giroux. Not many players in the nhl id give up 2 firsts for especially with the potential of losing getz perry koivu and selanne next season.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:29 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Try Ryan, Perry (unsigned), Fowler and 2 firsts. and even then, it makes us a worse team. this team is what it is BECAUSE of Giroux. i know this was said about Mike Richards by some Flyers fans for a bit, but i honestly see Giroux playing his entire career in a Flyers uniform.