HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fighting to increase dramatically this year?

Old
01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
He ran a team's goalie and and best player. I approve what he did, and I expect him to have to answer the bell in a couple of weeks. He doesn't get to chose his opponents if he wants to play that way.
watch a game now and then, THIS is Lucic answering the bell, precisely how long does one have to "answer the bell" in your world

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1112055.html

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
He was in there... I remember him looking pissed on the bench... He was horrible that night as well like normal...But quiet..
He played 9:47 that game, including 3 shifts after the fight.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/TV020228.HTM

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
watch a game now and then, THIS is Lucic answering the bell, precisely how long does one have to "answer the bell" in your world

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1112055.html
As long as the Sabres will be ringing it. Comes with the territory.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
As long as the Sabres will be ringing it. Comes with the territory.
I think it's great the Bruin's have the Sabres so flustered. Put a stiff like Scott on the ice and take advantage of his complete lack of speed and skill.
Rangers fans were the same way, until they realized how useless this guy is.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I think it's great the Bruin's have the Sabres so flustered. Put a stiff like Scott on the ice and take advantage of his complete lack of speed and skill.
Rangers fans were the same way, until they realized how useless this guy is.
Sure.If Scott decides to jump Lucic and beats him, he will have accomplished what he's paid for. If one of our guys jumps Scott and beats him, it will send a message across the league that the Bruins aren't taking **** from anyone and are the aggressors. I'm not afraid for Lucic, he can handle and beat Scott.

If Scott just stands there doing nothing like the staged fighters do, then he is truly useless like Laraque was for his entire career. His career will come to an end soon then.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
That's like asking why should Komi have fought Looch. You see, Komi wasnt even a fighter, just a hard nosed, hard hitting D man that annoyed Looch loads. Komi stepped up to fight the guy, knowing he'd lose.

Looch taunted the Habs, and then did not step up to fight BGL. And the fact remains that Looch is closer to being in BGL's fighting skill range than Komi was to being in Lucics.

It's not hard to admit for once that Looch just didnt want to lose, and knew he would.
Wait, WHAT? Komisarek, bigger than Lucic, billed (at the time) as one of the toughest guys in the league, fought Lucic "knowing he'd lose"?

Man, talk about revisionist history. I just love Habs fans.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I think scott can make a decent career if he learns to become a d man. That's the future for enforcers not on wing where they will need to produce offensively

Last edited by Morris Wanchuk: 01-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I think scott can make a decent career if he learns to become a damn. That's the future for enforcers not on wing where they will need to produce offensively
you might want to fire up the ole edit button for this one.

Last edited by Pie O My: 01-15-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: talk about living in a glass house.
Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
It was his reaction after beating Komisarek. He hooted and hollered like a kid...which he was. BGL took offense to that, and wanted to show him how it was done.
That was awesome. Call him a kid all you want, but he was well within his rights to react the way he did. Him and Komi were going at it for almost 2 years (give or take, I don't feel like checking), and Komi was talking a big game (whenever a ref was in between them). Everyone was at the edge of their seat every time those two had a confrontation hoping that we'd finally see what happened when those two dropped the gloves. They do, and Lucic dismantles him and let out 2 years of frustration with his 'hooting and hollering', and I almost puked with how amped I was.

We are Bruins fans and Milan is one of the biggest and baddest. It makes me sick how some of us judge him and say he should go with whomever comes for him. Milan is not a coward by any stretch, and all those criticizing should shut it and enjoy watching him and our team play.

Can we get this topic back on topic please? This is pitiful and one reason why I haven't been on much lately.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
That was awesome. Call him a kid all you want, but he was well within his rights to react the way he did. Him and Komi were going at it for almost 2 years (give or take, I don't feel like checking), and Komi was talking a big game (whenever a ref was in between them). Everyone was at the edge of their seat every time those two had a confrontation hoping that we'd finally see what happened when those two dropped the gloves. They do, and Lucic dismantles him and let out 2 years of frustration with his 'hooting and hollering', and I almost puked with how amped I was.

We are Bruins fans and Milan is one of the biggest and baddest. It makes me sick how some of us judge him and say he should go with whomever comes for him. Milan is not a coward by any stretch, and all those criticizing should shut it and enjoy watching him and our team play.

Can we get this topic back on topic please? This is pitiful and one reason why I haven't been on much lately.
I was at that game.. me and my buddy we're waiting in line for the bathroom i believe after the 1st period.. people are talking and some bruins fans say "i hope looch fights komisarek" a habs fan goes "looch is tough but he'll lose to komi.. it won't be pretty" we all laughed at him and he said "typical arrogant bruins fans". Its a shame i didn't see the kid the next period haha.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I was at that game.. me and my buddy we're waiting in line for the bathroom i believe after the 1st period.. people are talking and some bruins fans say "i hope looch fights komisarek" a habs fan goes "looch is tough but he'll lose to komi.. it won't be pretty" we all laughed at him and he said "typical arrogant bruins fans". Its a shame i didn't see the kid the next period haha.
That was exactly Montreal fans' attitudes. And now it's "poor Komi wasn't really a fighter." Yeah right.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Were you the only Bruins fan in the world hoping a 19 year old Lucic would fight and have Laraque fall on top of him and drive their fan base into a frenzy?
I wasn't "hoping" he'd fight Laraque, but when Laraque challenged him I thought he should accept. And why is it ok for 19 year old Lucic to fight Boulton but no Laraque? Because he's more likely to lose to Laraque? Is that the standard for every player in the league or just Bruins players? It's ok for guys on other teams to turn down Lucic and they aren't wimps for doing so if they'd lose to Lucic?

See, THAT'S my issue. Not what Lucic did or didn't do (though like I said, he should have accepted). It's the idea that player X is a gutless spotpicker because he won't fight Lucic or Thornton or whomever on the B's, but when a B's player turns down a better fighter it's "Well, what would we gain by having Lucic fight Laraque."

Just be consistent. If it's ok to duck better fighters, then I don't want to hear anyone whine or call an opposing player a girl (as if there is something inherently un-tough about the female gender) for turning down a Bruin.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Wait, WHAT? Komisarek, bigger than Lucic, billed (at the time) as one of the toughest guys in the league, fought Lucic "knowing he'd lose"?

Man, talk about revisionist history. I just love Habs fans.
Do you just make this stuff up or something? Where was he billed as one of the toughest guys in the league? You know how many fights he had the year he first fought Lucic?

Guess...

one

the Lucic fight.

Lucic had 23 fights in his 1st 2 years in the league. He fought Komisarek in that 2nd year. About 2x as many as the 7 seasons worth of fights Komisarek had. Most years Komisarek had 2 fights.

Yeah, a guy who fights 2 times a year is considered the toughest guy in the league. Komisarek- 4 fights in his 1st 2 years. Lucic 23 fights in 1st 2 years. Yeah they were on equal footing as fighters.

Here's another number for you: In Lucic's 1st 2 years in the league, you want to know how many fights Laraque had?

So, Lucic can't fight a guy who fought 9 times, that's not fair. But Komisarek, who fought 4 times, has to fight a guy who fought 23 times?

'Splain

Old
01-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
That was exactly Montreal fans' attitudes. And now it's "poor Komi wasn't really a fighter." Yeah right.
lol the only fight he had that year was Lucic.

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a good argument. indeed

Old
01-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Colt.45Orr

Komi had held his own in a previous fight Vs. Brashear, so many were thinking Komi could take on anyone in the league (seeing as Brashear was at the top at the time).

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

I didn't rank Komisarek as one of the NHL's toughest players, Sports Illustrated did; they had a list a few years back. I emailed them and asked what on earth they were thinking in light of the Lucic beatdowns, and they actually emailed me back, saying, in essense, touche.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:23 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
lol the only fight he had that year was Lucic.

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a good argument. indeed
It was his only fight because Lucic wrecked him. He was out for a month or so after with an injured shoulder and didn't fight again until the playoffs when he made the mistake of looking for "revenge." He had fought plenty.

Lucic did change him though.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:34 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Do you just make this stuff up or something? Where was he billed as one of the toughest guys in the league? You know how many fights he had the year he first fought Lucic?

Guess...

one

the Lucic fight.

Lucic had 23 fights in his 1st 2 years in the league. He fought Komisarek in that 2nd year. About 2x as many as the 7 seasons worth of fights Komisarek had. Most years Komisarek had 2 fights.

Yeah, a guy who fights 2 times a year is considered the toughest guy in the league. Komisarek- 4 fights in his 1st 2 years. Lucic 23 fights in 1st 2 years. Yeah they were on equal footing as fighters.

Here's another number for you: In Lucic's 1st 2 years in the league, you want to know how many fights Laraque had?

So, Lucic can't fight a guy who fought 9 times, that's not fair. But Komisarek, who fought 4 times, has to fight a guy who fought 23 times?

'Splain
The fight against Komisarek was Lucic's first in 08, his 14th in the NHL.
It was Komisarek's 15th in the NHL- he was 2 inches taller, 20 lbs heavier and had fought guys like purinton, Andre Roy, Brasheer, Goddard, Winchester, Neil, Hartnell, and Witt.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
I didn't rank Komisarek as one of the NHL's toughest players, Sports Illustrated did; they had a list a few years back. I emailed them and asked what on earth they were thinking in light of the Lucic beatdowns, and they actually emailed me back, saying, in essense, touche.
Toughness is also derived by their physical style of play, and Komi at one time was one of the biggest hitters in the game. Ask Milan, which is why Milan began going after him.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 01-15-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: edited out junk
Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Neely08

Quote:
That's like asking why should Komi have fought Looch. You see, Komi wasnt even a fighter, just a hard nosed, hard hitting D man that annoyed Looch loads. Komi stepped up to fight the guy, knowing he'd lose.

Looch taunted the Habs, and then did not step up to fight BGL. And the fact remains that Looch is closer to being in BGL's fighting skill range than Komi was to being in Lucics.

It's not hard to admit for once that Looch just didnt want to lose, and knew he would.
His coach forbid him from fighting BGL. Coach Julien stated this several times, fully admitting he forced Lucic to have to swallow his pride for the team. Looch was on a local sports show w/ Blake Wheeler, who openly said Lucic desperately wanted to fight BGL, as he was considered top dog. When you're 20 years old and getting top line minutes, after many said you aren't good enough for Junior A, you listen. I wouldn't expect AAA Bantam flunkies to ever get that.

Had BGL not given Lucic any choice, in much the manner Komisarek did, they'd of gone. But all BGL could muster was to follow him around politely asking for a fight, while Lucic scored the winning goal, and later reduced Komisarek into a puddle of blood and piss. Personally, I think BGL was scared of having his rep ripped to pieces by a 20 year old. Unlike Mike Komisarek; who has "born to lose" tattooed on the same shoulder Lucic tore out of it's socket, while he repeatedly punched him in the face. BGL actually had a lot more to lose than Lucic.

Personally, I feel bad for BGL. Having to skate around trying to get a 20 year old to drop his gloves, b/c his teammates were softer than puppy poop. How humiliating.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
The fight against Komisarek was Lucic's first in 08, his 14th in the NHL.
It was Komisarek's 15th in the NHL- he was 2 inches taller, 20 lbs heavier and had fought guys like purinton, Andre Roy, Brasheer, Goddard, Winchester, Neil, Hartnell, and Witt.
And he's not even a fighter. Came up in the US college ranks where fighting wasnt allowed. Komi basically hugged and wrestled and threw a few hoping he might connect. In no way does that mean he was a fighter. The fact he DID fight them though proved that he had balls, going against guys who all should punk him. And Looch is told by Julien not to fight, when the guy takes his boxing lessons and has a good set of fight skills? Please.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Mynameismark*

Also saying BGL never did anything to make Lucic fight is kinda wrong. He crushes him here, and any other guy who does this...or at least, any other guy who doesn't have the capability of squashing Looch in a fight would have Looch chasing after him for embarrassing him with such a hit. But Looch knows it's BGL so he just takes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhkVVW0DE4

Old
01-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Neely08

Quote:
And he's not even a fighter. Came up in the US college ranks where fighting wasnt allowed. Komi basically hugged and wrestled and threw a few hoping he might connect. In no way does that mean he was a fighter. The fact he DID fight them though proved that he had balls, going against guys who all should punk him. And Looch is told by Julien not to fight, when the guy takes his boxing lessons and has a good set of fight skills? Please.
You're missing the plot. The habs continued playing BGL on their top line all the way into the playoffs, where they were swept. That's right, BGL joined the ranks of the Rocket, the Flower, all b/c habs players were scared out of their minds of being literally punched through the glass like a bleu blanc and rouge crash test dummy.

Of course Claude Julien, as well as many Bruins fans, were forced to watch hockey while bent over laughing. Painful, but we got through it.

I heard Looch and BGL are cool now. Lucic even signed his figure skates and gave him tickets to a game.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Also saying BGL never did anything to make Lucic fight is kinda wrong. He crushes him here, and any other guy who does this...or at least, any other guy who doesn't have the capability of squashing Looch in a fight would have Looch chasing after him for embarrassing him with such a hit. But Looch knows it's BGL so he just takes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhkVVW0DE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwy3ZLleh4

Looch doesn't get up and fight everyone who hits him. He can take a hit. Just the dirty ones he responds to. BGL hit him clean, Lucic took the hit to set up Kobasew.

BGL did next to nothing to force Lucic to drop the gloves. Meanwhile Komisarek came from behind the goal line w/ his glove off. Get over it.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You're missing the plot. The habs continued playing BGL on their top line all the way into the playoffs, where they were swept. That's right, BGL joined the ranks of the Rocket, the Flower, all b/c habs players were scared out of their minds of being literally punched through the glass like a bleu blanc and rouge crash test dummy.

Of course Claude Julien, as well as many Bruins fans, were forced to watch hockey while bent over laughing. Painful, but we got through it.

I heard Looch and BGL are cool now. Lucic even signed his figure skates and gave him tickets to a game.

While admitting straight up that he's glad BGL is retired, as he was scared ****less for a good while there...I heard BGL laughed and said "you weren't the only one kid, but the other kids didnt have coach babying them so they took their lumps". Thanks for the tix though, at least now you no longer gotta be looking over your shoulder"