Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Draft day: Couturier to MTL for Seth Jones

01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Let's say on draft day 2013 MTL is holding the 3rd overall spot, and they are coveting a big, 2-way center to compliment Galchenyuk. Mackinnon and Barkov go 1-2, and MTL feels there is no room for both Jones and Subban on their d. They'd like the 2-way presence Couturier brings, amongst other intangibles. I know that the value is there, but does either side make this trade?
In that situation, if I'm Marc Bergevin and ABSOLUTELY want a French player for whatever reason, I trade down one rank, and draft Jonathan Drouin.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
vCash: 126
This is one of the reasons that these trade proposals confuse me. Last summer when Philly offered sheeted Shea Weber, it was speculated in the threads if Philly would have added Couturier to a mix of other players, Nashville would have let Weber go. So now Couturier is not worth an unproven (in the NHL) prospect. Because right now Shea Weber is better than Jones.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
lol, Couturier is beyond overrated.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by SVENNY View Post
lol, Couturier is beyond overrated.
i can see how some would see that. Especially considering jones has such great potential.

However, what couturier provides for us is something no one else provides for us, and very few in the league can provide as well.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
If we can get our hands on Drouin or Mackinnon no freakin way we are trading our 1st pick. Plus Seth Jones wouldn't be bad either to play along side a fellow brother in Subban, Those two could be pretty awesome together.

But i excpect the habs to be better than a lottery team this year so i don't see this happening. Couturier would be tempting but we cannot trade the right assets for him we need them too much.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote