Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Old
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
You guys need to see what tampa bay is doing for there season ticket holders. They get a jersey from the team with a microchip on the sleeve.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Lomac

vCash: 50
Hey,

Did anyone get their account info? Was it an email or snail mail?

This is regarding the All Systems Go! email sent to STH's:

ACCOUNT FINANCIAL INFORMATION

Your Winnipeg Jets account will be updated with any relevant financial information by Monday, January 14th. This information will indicate the status of your account. In addition to this information, we will send a complete account update to you by end of business on Tuesday, January 15th outlining any account credits, simple interest earned and any amount outstanding for the 2012-13 season.

Lomac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:16 PM
epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Exactly, this wasn't a "clarification", they tested the waters to see if a fee would fly with the fanbase, and it didn't.

How do you waive a $2.50 fee that TNSE claims never actually existed?
I agree that it was a back track and not a misunderstanding, but they did charge for ticket forwarding last year.

epo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:47 PM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Hey,

Did anyone get their account info? Was it an email or snail mail?

This is regarding the All Systems Go! email sent to STH's:

ACCOUNT FINANCIAL INFORMATION

Your Winnipeg Jets account will be updated with any relevant financial information by Monday, January 14th. This information will indicate the status of your account. In addition to this information, we will send a complete account update to you by end of business on Tuesday, January 15th outlining any account credits, simple interest earned and any amount outstanding for the 2012-13 season.
Not me. I just keep going to my account and logging in to see the status. No snail mail other than my book being crammed into the mailbox. Signature required box completely ignored, but that's a Canada Post issue and they've been screwing the pooch on deliveries for quite some time. All of our Christmas gifts were left on the front step, delivery requiring a signature completely ignored. But then my postie takes off every Friday (no Friday mail delivery in six years) so not really a surprise.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Didn't I beat you too it first?

I listened to the Ludlow presser at 10:00 my comment was informed.
I beat you all to it. I said they would rescind it before it happened.

01-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Too easy on the Jets

I can't believe how so many people will accept any crap if it is gift-wrapped in a bogus marketing effort. (This explains why some people buy Coors Light, but that's another issue.)

The Jets are violating contracts. They should be sued. Maybe a class-action suit would make them think twice.

For those of you who think this is a convenience, then you should accept this on a voluntary basis if the Jets offer it as such. Last year we had a choice to distribute hard tickets or print electronic copies. This year the choice is being withdrawn.

I shall be raising hell with management and won't stop until I get compensation.

Hollywood3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:50 PM
jungles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I can't believe how so many people will accept any crap if it is gift-wrapped in a bogus marketing effort. (This explains why some people buy Coors Light, but that's another issue.)

The Jets are violating contracts. They should be sued. Maybe a class-action suit would make them think twice.

For those of you who think this is a convenience, then you should accept this on a voluntary basis if the Jets offer it as such. Last year we had a choice to distribute hard tickets or print electronic copies. This year the choice is being withdrawn.

I shall be raising hell with management and won't stop until I get compensation.
Distribute hard tickets? Print them all out at home and distribute to your hearts content (I know several people doing this).

Distribute electronically? Easier than ever. In fact, not only can you "Forward" them via email the official way, when you print them you get a PDF that you can email to whoever the heck you want.

You have the exact same choices as last year. All you are missing is a pretty ticket.

People in your group have MORE choices than last year, since they can now forward tickets electronically (which they couldn't do before), and sell their own tickets on SeatExchange (which they couldn't do before).

The *****ing about this is reaching ludicrous levels.

jungles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungles View Post
Distribute hard tickets? Print them all out at home and distribute to your hearts content (I know several people doing this).

Distribute electronically? Easier than ever. In fact, not only can you "Forward" them via email the official way, when you print them you get a PDF that you can email to whoever the heck you want.

You have the exact same choices as last year. All you are missing is a pretty ticket.

People in your group have MORE choices than last year, since they can now forward tickets electronically (which they couldn't do before), and sell their own tickets on SeatExchange (which they couldn't do before).

The *****ing about this is reaching ludicrous levels.
I could forward tickets last year also. This year I have to print my own tickets at my own cost, which I never had to do last year.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

Yep, you have to print your own now!!!! The only solution is to slap a class action lawsuit on their ass, raise hell and DO NOT STOP until you are compensated!

Wow. I hope this is not representative of the average reasonable season ticket holder or TN and the Jets are in big big trouble!

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
mondo3

i thought i read that the game ticket printouts can be used for discounts in the jet store...is that correct, or is the card required for the discount ?

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:43 PM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 2347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
i thought i read that the game ticket printouts can be used for discounts in the jet store...is that correct, or is the card required for the discount ?
That's what was indicated in the audio press release this morning. Don't know if the papers reported it in print or online, but one of the media asked specifically about how they could "share the discount" and Ludlow first mentioned sharing the card, stumbled around a bit and then got to the using the printed ticket at the store.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:48 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
I believe Ludlow mentioned this morning that tickets printed out would be accepted for the discount, correct me if I'm wrong.

The ticket printouts have a Jets Gear ad on them but make no mention of a discount ("Shop where the players shop").

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:55 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Yep, you have to print your own now!!!! The only solution is to slap a class action lawsuit on their ass, raise hell and DO NOT STOP until you are compensated!

Wow. I hope this is not representative of the average reasonable season ticket holder or TN and the Jets are in big big trouble!
No kidding! This is a classic case of chicken little the sky is falling the sky is falling! Relax its not a big deal prob cost 50¢ to print these out at home on a 10 year old laser printer lol

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Crazed Fan

I like collecting the nice stubs. (at least they seem open to reprinting the collectible stubs for people like me)
Im in the west side of the city, my friend is in the east.
Me, no cell.
A second card would be a nice option too.
If my buddy is scanned in, i cannot enter. And the other way around. It would make things easier for the " i cant go tonight. you go" kind of situation if there was another card.

Could they not have introduced this earlier?

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Fan View Post
I like collecting the nice stubs. (at least they seem open to reprinting the collectible stubs for people like me)
Im in the west side of the city, my friend is in the east.
Me, no cell.
A second card would be a nice option too.
If my buddy is scanned in, i cannot enter. And the other way around. It would make things easier for the " i cant go tonight. you go" kind of situation if there was another card.
Could they not have introduced this earlier?
You answered your own question. In the "old days", you'd have to physically drive to the east end with a little paper stub in your hand known as a ticket, and give to your friend. Whoever held the ticket was the owner. Back then, people thought "there must be an easier way?? Especially with email" (I was one of these people). Now, you have an electronic copy of each ticket with the click of a button. On a computer at home, office, library, or on your phone/tablet if you are not near a computer. If you guys switch a game at 6pm, just email him the ticket instantly. For FREE (NOT "forwarding"). Or email the ticket to the Jets' willcall for FREE and your buddy can pick up at the game.

If you need to get a list of say, data for work, to a co-worker across the city, would you drive the list over to him, or send it instantly via email?

TNSE should not have called it "Printing at home" (the free service) - this implies you can only print a physical piece of paper and then must drive that paper around (or pay the fee to "forward" it electronically). This is NOT true. "Printing at home" means clicking a button (again, on a home computer, work computer, library computer, iphone, ipad, galaxy, etc) to create a PDF of the ticket, which you can save to your computer, email later to a buddy to use, etc etc etc.

People should look at it this as 100% electronic, and having the card is a convenience bonus incase it is just one person using all the tickets.

I cannot believe TNSE is taking heat for this; I am applauding them for it. and give them credit for covering any forwarding fees after this unfounded backlash from STH who are only familiar with the paper ticket method.

</venting>

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
cbcwpg

The other thing the Jets said that is being overlooked, was for this season, there was no time to print tickets and get them to people. Given when they knew the schedule, how long it takes to print up the tickets, and to get them out to the ticket holders... the Jets said there was not enough time to do this, so the card was the only option.

I had / have no problem with the card at all, now that things have been cleared up. My only beef was I thought it was nuts to make someone pay $2.50 per ticket, in the future, to print them off.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
You answered your own question. In the "old days", you'd have to physically drive to the east end with a little paper stub in your hand known as a ticket, and give to your friend. Whoever held the ticket was the owner. Back then, people thought "there must be an easier way?? Especially with email" (I was one of these people). Now, you have an electronic copy of each ticket with the click of a button. On a computer at home, office, library, or on your phone/tablet if you are not near a computer. If you guys switch a game at 6pm, just email him the ticket instantly. For FREE (NOT "forwarding"). Or email the ticket to the Jets' willcall for FREE and your buddy can pick up at the game.

If you need to get a list of say, data for work, to a co-worker across the city, would you drive the list over to him, or send it instantly via email?

TNSE should not have called it "Printing at home" (the free service) - this implies you can only print a physical piece of paper and then must drive that paper around (or pay the fee to "forward" it electronically). This is NOT true. "Printing at home" means clicking a button (again, on a home computer, work computer, library computer, iphone, ipad, galaxy, etc) to create a PDF of the ticket, which you can save to your computer, email later to a buddy to use, etc etc etc.

People should look at it this as 100% electronic, and having the card is a convenience bonus incase it is just one person using all the tickets.

I cannot believe TNSE is taking heat for this; I am applauding them for it. and give them credit for covering any forwarding fees after this unfounded backlash from STH who are only familiar with the paper ticket method.

</venting>
The email option already existed last year, in fact it has for many years with the Moose.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
The other thing the Jets said that is being overlooked, was for this season, there was no time to print tickets and get them to people. Given when they knew the schedule, how long it takes to print up the tickets, and to get them out to the ticket holders... the Jets said there was not enough time to do this, so the card was the only option.

I had / have no problem with the card at all, now that things have been cleared up. My only beef was I thought it was nuts to make someone pay $2.50 per ticket, in the future, to print them off.
WRONG.

Those booklets and cards were ready to go as soon as the season was scheduled to start.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:12 AM
WaveRaven

vCash: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post

Right no time ... in 94-95 I had to reselect my games for my mini pack and have them reprinted and had them in less than 9 days.

They see an opportunity to make more profit that is the motivation.

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
WRONG.

Those booklets and cards were ready to go as soon as the season was scheduled to start.
Do you know this for a fact?

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
Right no time ... in 94-95 I had to reselect my games for my mini pack and have them reprinted and had them in less than 9 days.

They see an opportunity to make more profit that is the motivation.
Still don't see it. You mean the few people that would have to pay $2.50/ticket to forward? That goes to Ticketmaster.

The team is saving probably $50-75 per season ticket in printing costs; that kind of money to print tickets in this day and age is flushing money down the toilet. Hopefully this helps them keep ticket prices lower and continue to charge season ticket holders 25-40% below the game day price with no service/convenience fees. If you are a season ticket holder and think they are ripping you off by not giving you a piece of paper as a ticket, then you can give up your spot to someone else and pay the regular walk-up price if you get lucky enough to find a ticket.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
WRONG.

Right. And because the Jets knew they were going to be involved in a lockout and they had no idea when the season was going to start and they had no idea what the schedule was going to look like.... the cards make sense. This isn't to say the Jets weren't going to implement them anyways ( as they most likely were going to ), but this season is a perfect time to bite the bullet and do it, as it makes it easier.

Lockout ends Jan 13 when the players ratified it... first game Jan 19.... 7 days to print all the tickets and get them out... not happening.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

If the 2.50 cent printing fee stays away I am downgrading to merely upset instead of furious about this change. Nobody is going to convince me that something that makes my life less convenient is a good thing.

Talked it over with the group, not one printer. So now my and the guy who the other ticket is in the name of get to pay to go staples and pay to get the tickets printed out. Yippie. I mean it's not much, but the inconvenience and principle of the thing bother the he'll out of me. I don't give a damn if it saves TNSE money...not one bit., they are already making a killing off us.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
GrandChelems

All you guys *****ing about the tickets sound awfully ungrateful considering the team only just got back. Sounds like something you'd expect from the bandwagon crowd, not rugged Jets fans.

Just sayin'.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Moe Mantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Yes, mostly as after lawyers fees none of these overreactionaries will have any money left to spend on the Jets!

Really people? Let it go. Pick your battles. Now that the Jets have backtracked, this is not something that should demand any balanced person's time or energy.

Moe Mantha is offline   Reply With Quote