HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biggest Rival?

Old
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Qyburn

vCash: 500
From the bottom of the hardest of a hardcore Flyers fan's heart, I want all you Penguins fans to know that I love you. Hating you makes life worth living.

I became a huge Neal fan last year. Even though we were beating you, I was extremely jealous that he was on your team instead of ours, and a recent addition at that. When he and Asham brutalized our players, I didn't get very angry. In a weird way it made me happy. I must have known on some level what a great thing it would start.

The most entertaining thing to happen to North American sports in a long time. Here's to playing hockey this season. And to blood. Lots and lots of blood.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
From the bottom of the hardest of a hardcore Flyers fan's heart, I want all you Penguins fans to know that I love you. Hating you makes life worth living.

I became a huge Neal fan last year. Even though we were beating you, I was extremely jealous that he was on your team instead of ours, and a recent addition at that. When he and Asham brutalized our players, I didn't get very angry. In a weird way it made me happy. I must have known on some level what a great thing it would start.

The most entertaining thing to happen to North American sports in a long time. Here's to playing hockey this season. And to blood. Lots and lots of blood.
You could have just offered to buy one of us a drink...

theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Garbage Goal

Both sides agree their biggest rivalry is each other. As for all fans of any team being one way or another, well, let me just say that the really knowledgeable hardcore hockey fans, like some on this site, are in the big minority. Most other hockey "fans" either claim to be big fans without knowing much by either idiocy or a real lack of time to dedicate to keeping up with the sport.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post

Haha, nice. Rivalries are great. They help make a sport enjoyable. And we certainly have a great rivalry.

When things get "too stupid" between fans, I just tune that stuff out. It doesn't serve a purpose when it is over the top.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:19 PM
connor35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
phila tries to view themselves on more equal footing with ny.
Fair enough. The Flyers, like the Rangers, rarely make Cup Finals and almost never win.

They probably shouldn't compare themselves to a franchise with 3 Cups in the last 22 years.

connor35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor35 View Post
Fair enough. The Flyers, like the Rangers, rarely make Cup Finals and almost never win.

They probably shouldn't compare themselves to a franchise with 3 Cups in the last 22 years.
eight times and four of them since Mario appeared. i hate 'em as much as the next guy but come on. in fact that's part of their "hate-appeal," they've come so close so many times. it's hard to hate a team that isn't very good.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Whale Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
eight times and four of them since Mario appeared. i hate 'em as much as the next guy but come on. in fact that's part of their "hate-appeal," they've come so close so many times. it's hard to hate a team that isn't very good.
Excellent point. This is why the Baltimore Ravens have taken over the Browns spot in most of the Steeler fan hate list. There really is no victory in beating a team that expects to lose.

Knocking the Flyers out of the playoffs will always be good times, but knocking them out in a year they legitimately think the have a chance to win the Cup is extra special. Knocking the Flyers out of the playoffs on the way to knocking out the Caps, on the way to winning a Stanley Cup will be hard to top, because you know it still burns over there on the East side of the state.

Whale Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote