HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings-Griffins preseason game

Old
01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Bert trolled datsyuk

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
19Yzerman19

Red wins game 4-2

White wins SO 3-0

19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Bert's ability on shootouts is a very big deal in a short season.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Smith with the old Forsberg move, and man Ferraro has a nice shot real quick release.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

If you noticed, Fil, Z, and Bert all tried Datsyuk's moves.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
If you noticed, Fil, Z, and Bert all tried Datsyuk's moves.
Bert did for sure, but I think its hard to call what Fil did "Datsyuk's move"

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I don't know that he owns it, but he's used it a ton in the shootout.

Old
Geki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post

At least with Dish, the regional sports pack is an a la carte option, so it's nothing to remove or add it whenever. Is DirecTV like that?
I believe it is, so hopefully I can remove it when the season is done. I would love to be able to watch the pre-post shows (which is one of the reasons I switched) but just didn't want the extra cost. I guess they have me by the chones.

Geki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MScoutsDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
That's exactly the one he does when he's not trying something crazy. It's simple but Pav does it so fast a perfectly that it's almost a guaranteed goal.

MScoutsDCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:18 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

I think Mickey might be losing it.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
SlavaKozlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geki View Post
What a total scam. I switched to DirectTV back in June and made it very clear that I wasn't going to switch (from Time Warner Cable) unless their sports pack meant I could get the wings games without having to order center ice (the savings of direct tv + center ice was much more than I was paying currently with twc). They friggin lied to my damn face.

Great to find this out 4 days before hockey starts, with a 2 year effing contract...

Unreal.
You might be able to. My friend has DirectTV with the sports pack, or whatever, and he said he would be able to get Wings games on FSDet and I think he said he was able to watch the Penguins without Center Ice, we are in Ohio. I don't know why tonight's game would have been blacked out if that is the case, but I guess you just have to wait and see, unfortunately.

SlavaKozlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Thats My Hat

Nice shootout goal by Datsyuk Bert!

Thats My Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
MBauer

Brunner was real impressive, did all the work on the Zetterberg goal, had a real sweet move in the 1st, and he must of set Z up for another 2-3 real good scoring chances. For me he was the best player on the ice, Filppula looked pretty good as well.

I think we have a pretty sick lineup for shootouts, Datsyuk, Bert, Fil, and Brunner and Z for extra rounds.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Brunner was real impressive, did all the work on the Zetterberg goal, had a real sweet move in the 1st, and he must of set Z up for another 2-3 real good scoring chances. For me he was the best player on the ice, Filppula looked pretty good as well.

I think we have a pretty sick lineup for shootouts, Datsyuk, Bert, Fil, and Brunner and Z for extra rounds.
plus Howard's a pretty good shootout goalie too

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Nice that we don't have to endure Hudlers useless backhand attempts.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:58 PM
HTT3*

Thoughts on the game:

Brunner was the most explosive offensive player on the ice. The kid looks like the real deal and if he is consistent could find himself leading the charge on Offense behind the top 3.

Filppula needs a star winger.

Ericsson was the best Dman. He's come a long ways and is proving Holland is a genius at judging talent.

Colaiacovo looks like the 2010/11 version of Ericsson. Good for Kindl.

Kindl didn't stand out which is fine.

Cory Emmerton who?

Nyquist needs more Datsyuk.

Mursak > Abdelkader

Miller is going to be a lock on the bottom 6.

Tatar > Bertuzzi (not on the shoot-out obviously)

Gus looks slow and clunky. That might be his style. I doubt he is a guy you want in net during the shoot-out

Howard didn't look like he cared about the game. Just going through the motions.

I think Zetterberg is going to elevate his game being the new "C" -- How is that even possible? His game is always 100% heart every night! I love Zettie!

Mule... he's goofy.

All in all, my favorite player tonight was Brunner and Ericsson on defense.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Thoughts on the game:

Brunner was the most explosive offensive player on the ice. The kid looks like the real deal and if he is consistent could find himself leading the charge on Offense behind the top 3.

Filppula needs a star winger.

Ericsson was the best Dman. He's come a long ways and is proving Holland is a genius at judging talent.

Colaiacovo looks like the 2010/11 version of Ericsson. Good for Kindl.

Kindl didn't stand out which is fine.

Cory Emmerton who?

Mursak > Abdelkader

Tatar > Bertuzzi (not on the shoot-out obviously)

Gus looks slow and clunky. That might be his style. I doubt he is a guy you want in net during the shoot-out

Howard didn't look like he cared about the game. Just going through the motions.

I think Zetterberg is going to elevate his game being the new "C" -- How is that even possible? His game is always 100% heart every night! I love Zettie!

Mule... he's goofy.

All in all, my favorite player tonight was Brunner and Ericsson on defense.
Assessing a guy like Abdelkader just isn't fair in a scrimmage. His role is a checking forward and you're not going to go out and hit your teammates hard in a scrimmage (unless you're Quincey).

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Nyquist looked like he didn't really know what to do with Brunner out there too. I think he needs somebody to create space for him, which Tatar does very well with his speed and willingness to go to the net.

Datsyuk creates a ton of space, of course.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Assessing a guy like Abdelkader just isn't fair in a scrimmage. His role is a checking forward and you're not going to go out and hit your teammates hard in a scrimmage (unless you're Quincey).
This was my thought as well when Tootoo was interviewed during the game- a checking, energy guy isn't going to stand out in a scrimmage. Regarding Tootoo, I thought it was strange during Babcock's interview when he talked about Tootoo growing as a player in Nashville, then moving to a new team for a fresh start and continued growth (paraphrasing here)... not sure how his Detroit role will be much different than his role with the Preds, as a likely 4th liner providing energy, irritating the opponents, and chipping in offensively on occasion. Can't see him getting an expanded role in role in Detroit with the guys on the roster now, and those coming up in the system.

Scrimmage or not, Brunner looked great. It's probably easier to create offense when you don't have to worry about having your clock cleaned when you cut to the middle, but I liked what I saw out of him. And Smith's shootout goal was great- you don't expect that kind of move out of a defenseman, so I can't wait to see him full time this season in Detroit.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Yes, and good thing too. He's so much better than he gets credit for on this board, where he seems to be viewed as waiver wire fodder.

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
newfy

Brunner was definitely noticeable out there, he also has a lot more to prove than most of the guys out there so its a good thing to temper expectations.

The guys were told to lay off the real rough stuff so guys like Tootoo and Abdelkader were really just out for a skate. By the way Babcock talked about Tootoo I expect him to get a good amount of playing time. He was practicing on the PK as well

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
Yes, and good thing too. He's so much better than he gets credit for on this board, where he seems to be viewed as waiver wire fodder.
I think Miller is awesome, especially for what we pay him and his bottom six status.

But. We have soooo many guys that work so well on the bottom six. Plus, I want the Wings to give a spot to players like Tatar and Nyquist, who I think have shown they can play up and have put in the time. And if they play, I think it should be in the top six, which means you're going to send Sammy/Cleary down.

So, if we have:

Bert, Helm, Cleary, Sammy, Mursak, Eaves, Miller, Abby, Tootoo, Emmerton looking for spots... That's 10 guys for 6. Even if I throw out Emmerton (which I want to) That's still a solid 9 guys looking at six spots. Tough call to be sure.

There's just way too many bottom 6 forwards on this team, and a few guys who should be playing up that are waiting because of it.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
joe89

Well Ericsson surely was everywhere on the ice. Which is good obviously because he needs to be a 20 minute man this year or at least just a shadow close. Cola might be starting on opening night, but he's gonna get a run for his money by Kindl. The other five we have are significantly ahead of these two, I feel.

Bottom-6 forwards are impossible to read in a scrimmage like this.

Goalies have to sort it out quick, they were not brutal but not in match shape either. Which surely is the same for any team, always something.

Mursak's biggest issue, puck control, was on display again. He's so easy to knock off the puck. You have to wonder if he isn't the 15th forward assuming Eaves is back, considering A: better scoring forward options in the minors and B: better checking forward options in the pressbox. He's stuck somewhere in between.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
MissNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavaKozlov View Post
You might be able to. My friend has DirectTV with the sports pack, or whatever, and he said he would be able to get Wings games on FSDet and I think he said he was able to watch the Penguins without Center Ice, we are in Ohio. I don't know why tonight's game would have been blacked out if that is the case, but I guess you just have to wait and see, unfortunately.
It was blacked out because they claim it wasn't sold out. That is what Direct TV told my friend who lives in Ohio. She always gets the Wings games otherwise.

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:11 PM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Yzerman19 View Post
ahh Mickey, Semin is in CAR not TB
Lol. I love Mickey, but outside of the right handed sniper thing, Semin is not really comparable to Brunner.

Semin is bigger (6'2" I think), Brunner is quite a bit smaller but might be quicker/shiftier (sure hope so). He looked good out there.

I think the Wings are going to surprise a lot of the detractors out there that are (finally) expecting them to fall apart. I can't wait, their disappointment with another talented wing's team will make me very happy.

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote