HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
But you won't do Wilson?
Him and Hornqvist are completely different. Wilson has stick skills, size, can skate, higher iq. Horny is grittier, great net crashing and hand eye skills. But he's awful with the puck and skating. Wilson can bring more of what we don't have to us while we could find a replacement for horny a lot easier.

Horny is a 3rd liner who should get pp time. Wilson will be one of our biggest players on offense coming up for the franchise

Old
01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
adsfan

Quote:
I dont think we see any true "surprises" like Smith last year for awhile, but I'm going to throw Victor Bartley's name into the mix. Ads fans have been saying he is their best Dman, and if he is called up due to injuries, I could see him ending up as a very solid #4/5 guy. Don't know a lot about him, just know Milwaukee loves him and we don't hear his name much.

HM to Jarvinen.
Bartley gives you some offense. Jarvinen gives you a stay at home D-man with size. If the Preds need some more scoring, go with Bartley. If they need a human bulldozer in front of their own goal, definitely Jarvinen. Jarvinen is a big hitter near his own blueline. Bartley doesn't throw many checks. Jarvinen is 3" inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Bartley. I have seen more checks from Blum or Ellis than Victor.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:59 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Rumors out of Carolina say they are going to make an early deal or two. Canes fans are speculating Pitkanen will be dealt. He seems like the perfect #2 to play with Weber. He's on 29, so he is a veteran that can still play at a high level for a long time. We have him play with Weber until Josi is ready for top pairing minutes, then he and Klein become a phenomenal 2nd pairing.

Weber-Pitkanen
Josi-Klein
Gill/Hannan-Ellis/Blum

As for what we give up, I say we offer Jon Blum. Carolina fans said they wanted a young forward, such as Wilson, and they would add. Thoughts?
I would never pair these two. They are too much alike. Small mobile defenders with good shots from the point. For a powerplay, they would be good. They don't play together in Milwaukee.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I would never pair these two. They are too much alike. Small mobile defenders with good shots from the point. For a powerplay, they would be good. They don't play together in Milwaukee.
I meant one of Hannan/Gill with Ellis/Blum. Those two should never be on the same pairing

Old
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Another guy I think we should be kicking tires on is David Booth. Had a few great years in Florida, got signed to a deal that was a bit rich (4.25mil), then was tradedto Vancouver as part of the rebuild. He had a rough year with them last year, so his value is low, and with Kassian, Jensen, etc. fighting for roster spots, Vancouver could be willing to move him. I think we can give him what Vancouver couldn't: low expectations and playing time with offensively skilled players.

Vancouver got Booth+3rd+Reinpricht for Samuellson+Sturm, and I would argue his value has gone down since then, so I doubt he would be tough to get at all.

Erat-Fisher-SK
Booth-Legwand-Wilson
Hornqvist-Smith-Bourque
Spaling-Gaustad-Halischuk

Old
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
sighthndlady

We are #8 in the TSN power rankings. I think that's about right.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
We are #8 in the TSN power rankings. I think that's about right.
#8 in the NHL but 4th in the central division.... sheesh...

Old
01-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
#8 in the NHL but 4th in the central division.... sheesh...
I understand Detroit, even with the loss of Lidstrom. Chicago with their streaky play and erratic goaltending does not deserve #6. I'd switch the Kings and Hawks tbh.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Everlong
-

New goalie gear for 2013

Peks

Mason

Really like the Maiden flair on Mason's mask. Pekka's is straight out of a horror film.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
sighthndlady

Did Dumont & Lebda get their monthly checks during the lockout? Just wondering. I could see arguments both for and against.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
ChicagoBlues

Blues fan in peace.

Love the Preds. I will be looking at Craig Smith, G. Bourque and A. Watson in the next couple years. I'm guessing Bourque was injured for a bit.

Good luck this season and see you in the 2nd game.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 01-13-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: oops i missed the darn auto-correct
Old
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM
AintLifeGrand

Are we good trading partners with the AVS?

I wonder what it would take for us to get ROR

Blum +Smith+Watson for ROR and Sgarbossa??

Old
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Are we good trading partners with the AVS?

I wonder what it would take for us to get ROR

Blum +Smith+Watson for ROR and Sgarbossa??
I was thinking more PK Subban and MON myself.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I was thinking more PK Subban and MON myself.
ah, you're coming over to the dark side....

Old
01-15-2013, 11:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So who's this Rich Clune guy?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So who's this Rich Clune guy?
From what I've seen on the trade boards, Jordin Tootoo 2.0. Sounds like he will battle with Mueller for Bourque's spot while he's hurt.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
WartracePred

Any news on TV coverage this season? Will Fox TN pick up their coverage as planned before the lockout?

Old
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Clune=Tootoo at 1/3rd the price, ok. Maybe HE can go cave in Tootoo's skull

Old
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Nashville Predators Announce 2012-13 Television Schedule

Quote:
The Nashville Predators announced today that the team’s exclusive regional television partner FOX Sports Tennessee (FSTN) will televise 46 of 48 regular-season games during the 2012-2013 NHL season. The remaining two games will be broadcast on the NBC Sports Network. All games will be televised in HD.
Quote:
The Nashville Predators TV schedule, along with the NHL’s national package, assures that for the first time ever, all Nashville Predators games will be broadcast, with all 24 road games (24 on FSTN/SPSO) and all 24 home contests (22 FSTN/SPSO, two on NBCSN) scheduled to be televised.
And for us former Thrash fans...

Quote:
Additionally, 21 Nashville Predators games will be broadcast in the Atlanta market and throughout Georgia.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650505

Old
01-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

In general, I feel this is kind of Wilson's make or break year. Without AK, Rads, etc Wilson will be called upon now more than ever to produce offensively and to be honest, we need him to.

I like the idea of David Booth, I like Bryan Little, perhaps Statsny or Duchene (here there are issues him Duchene). Realistically, I think we could see an upgrade at forward by April 3rd. I actually feel better about our blue line than I do our forwards. Ellis, Blum, and Josi have all proven they are very solid when they are on their game. Experience goes a long way.

The forwards, however, need some dynamic force or better depth. I really really wish we hadn't signed Goose to the amount and length that we did.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
zeropotentate

News that Booth is out for 4-6 weeks, so I wouldn't go for him. via nhl.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Old
01-15-2013, 08:29 PM
luckofirish8

This guy has to be an absolute lock for the Preds in the 2013 draft, right?

Quote:
Alexander Wennberg - C - Djugardens - 6-1, 174
Wennberg showcased himself rather emphatically at the World U18 Championship last season, where he led Sweden with nine points en route to the silver medal. He is an effective, two-way center who is all about getting the puck to his linemates. Good vision, crisp passing and the ability to create on the fly makes him an awfully attractive prospect.
I mean a two-way center from Djugardens. This draft pick makes itself.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
In general, I feel this is kind of Wilson's make or break year. Without AK, Rads, etc Wilson will be called upon now more than ever to produce offensively and to be honest, we need him to.

I like the idea of David Booth, I like Bryan Little, perhaps Statsny or Duchene (here there are issues him Duchene). Realistically, I think we could see an upgrade at forward by April 3rd. I actually feel better about our blue line than I do our forwards. Ellis, Blum, and Josi have all proven they are very solid when they are on their game. Experience goes a long way.

The forwards, however, need some dynamic force or better depth. I really really wish we hadn't signed Goose to the amount and length that we did.
Unless someone like Kessel becomes available, I think the forwards should stay as is. Let our own guys develop and get a chance to be the "upgrades." This is a transition year for me, I'm not in a rush put out the best team possible immediately (if that makes sense). I want to see what we have first.

We have excellent forward depth, IMO. What we lack is top end forward talent. Adding a Booth or Little does nothing. It's a step backward really. All it does is clog up guys trying to move up in the ranks. I'd rather give that playing time to someone with breakout potential.

I do agree that this is a huge year for Wilson. Same with Blum.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropotentate View Post
News that Booth is out for 4-6 weeks, so I wouldn't go for him. via nhl.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads
Due to injuries, Vancouver's 2nd line is now Higgins-Schroeder-Kassian.

Just let it sink in that the CANUCKS have a 2nd line that looks like that....

Old
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Unless someone like Kessel becomes available, I think the forwards should stay as is. Let our own guys develop and get a chance to be the "upgrades." This is a transition year for me, I'm not in a rush put out the best team possible immediately (if that makes sense). I want to see what we have first.

We have excellent forward depth, IMO. What we lack is top end forward talent. Adding a Booth or Little does nothing. It's a step backward really. All it does is clog up guys trying to move up in the ranks. I'd rather give that playing time to someone with breakout potential.

I do agree that this is a huge year for Wilson. Same with Blum.
I absolutely agree with the bolded. I just see management trying to add a piece at the deadline with the shortened season. Less time paying that addition. I do believe, however, we start with what we got, for better or for worse. If the young guys are able to handle the new responsibilities great, if not we will need if we want to make the playoffs.

I disagree with your 2nd point. Guys like Booth and Little give us a lot more options on the scoring lines and are generally good on both ends of the ice. Granted, Booth is injured now so it doesn't really matter, but adding some offensive bite isn't a bad idea but maybe not this season.

I am very torn about this year. A transition year is absolutely correct. I can't help but eye this year's draft class and not want to tank just a little. There are some true studs in this year's draft.

Closed Thread