HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
IslesRVC416

vCash: 500
KHL announcement on Lubomir Visnovsky

Respect for the rules of cooperation among partners, adherence to agreements and the fulfillment of all obligations undertaken are the most important of the principles which have guided the Kontinental Hockey League ever since its foundation.

In September of 2012 the League introduced an amendment to its regulations governing the signing by KHL clubs of players currently under contract to NHL clubs in the event of a lockout, and the amendment stipulates that the locked out players’ contracts must contain a clause allowing immediate unilateral termination when the NHL lockout is resolved, and the players are to return to North America to fulfil their obligations to their respective clubs.

Of the 43 players from the NHL who as a result of the lockout signed contracts to play in the KHL Championship, 42 have returned to North America to train for the forthcoming NHL campaign. However, defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky, who spent the lockout at Slovan Bratislava and is currently under contract with the New York Islanders, has announced that he plans to continue playing in the KHL.Mr. Visnovsky and HC Slovan Bratislava have submitted a request to the League asking that the player be permitted to sign a contract with Slovan until the end of the 2012-13 season, citing the player’s complex personal circumstances and his desire to continue his career in his homeland.

{MOD NOTE: Go to link to see more of announcement}

{MOD EDIT: Link added}
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7270--nhl.html

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-15-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Must include links.
IslesRVC416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Can we just trade his rights at this point?

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:58 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
At this point, I think our best option will be to toll the contract. Grant him permission to play in the KHL on the Condition that he playes in the NHL next season under his current contract. Then Trade him in the offseason. He's Scaming us now with the 2-3 weeks crap. 3 weeks from Opening Night puts us at Febuary 9. That 11 games of a 48 game season. How long till hes ready to play? How long untill he fits into the system? By the time he's jiving with the defence its the trade deadline and we could be done for the season waiting for this *******. None of this is taking into account the NHL/KHL "negoitiation" time. He will end up fulfilling his obligation by playing 20 games? We are absolutely getting shafted.

The KHL has much more to gain from "Negoitiations" at this point then the Islanders or the NHL.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:20 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
who's going to take his rights?

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
At this point, I think our best option will be to toll the contract. Grant him permission to play in the KHL on the Condition that he playes in the NHL next season under his current contract. Then Trade him in the offseason. He's Scaming us now with the 2-3 weeks crap. 3 weeks from Opening Night puts us at Febuary 9. That 11 games of a 48 game season. How long till hes ready to play? How long untill he fits into the system? By the time he's jiving with the defence its the trade deadline and we could be done for the season waiting for this *******. None of this is taking into account the NHL/KHL "negoitiation" time. He will end up fulfilling his obligation by playing 20 games? We are absolutely getting shafted.

The KHL has much more to gain from "Negoitiations" at this point then the Islanders or the NHL.
Yeah because he's given us every reason to trust his word even if that word is in written contract form.

Letting him play in the KHL is the last thing they should do. Thats giving in to exactly what he wants. Who's to say he's not gonna finish out the year and then retire.

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin109 View Post
Yeah because he's given us every reason to trust his word even if that word is in written contract form.

Letting him play in the KHL is the last thing they should do. Thats giving in to exactly what he wants. Who's to say he's not gonna finish out the year and then retire.
I dont disagree, This is like watching the lock-out all over again. Like the NHLPA, the KHL plans on delaying as long as possible. The Longer the delay the better thising will be for Visnovsky and the KHL. We are getting royally shafted.

However answer me this anybody, What does/CAN the Islanders or NHL Gain from these Negotitions or arbitration over Visnovsky? To me the answer is nothing!!!!!

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:45 PM
rollin109

Quote:
I dont disagree, This is like watching the lock-out all over again. Like the NHLPA, the KHL plans on delaying as long as possible. The Longer the delay the better thising will be for Visnovsky and the KHL. We are getting royally shafted.

However answer me this anybody, What does/CAN the Islanders or NHL Gain from these Negotitions or arbitration over Visnovsky? To me the answer is nothing!!!!!
The Isles won't necessarily gain anything other than screwing Visnovsky out of playing in the KHL. He may never come to the Isles but they will be sure if he doesn't that he never plays again. You can be sure that if he doesn't play this year that his contract will be tolled.

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

I don't buy any of the "family issues" ******** from him nor do I feel any sympathy. If he really had a serious family issue that needed to be resolved he would not be playing hockey at all. The fact that he wishes to continue playing in Slovakia says that either the issue is not that serious or it doesn't exist at all.

The KHL made the right move today. I think Visnovsky will be in an Islanders uniform by the end of the month. He has to at least be smart enough to realize the choice is to either come here and play or not play at all.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:49 PM
A Pointed Stick
W.W.J.C.D?

vCash: 250
Complex personal issues? What, is he allergic to the east coast? And I agree with the earlier posts that this review is just a delay tactic. And why do we have even suffer through a season next year when he is older and perhaps in worse complex personal issues? This entire deal blows and screw the khl if they can't honor the existing agreement.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Nah, the KHL already put the NHL on notice and got them scared. They've got nothing further to gain here besides not appearing to give in too easily to Da Ahmedikins.

There's nothing to mediate here. Lubo has the obligation, and there's nothing the KHL will be able to provide to the NHL that's going to fly. A forced buyout, for example, is just as bad as a poach. Even if it weren't, Slovan doesn't have the money to pay for it.

As Rollin109 mentioned, there's no promise Pissy Vissy can make that would make the Isles allow him to play in the KHL.

It's all about whether Pissy Vissy wants to retire or come over and take the money. The longer he waits the more likely he retires. It's that simple. The KHL statement merely gives Lubo that space to make a decision.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:03 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:

You can't be suggesting that Vis' word , his promise, means something at this point?
That the isles could count on him showing up next season?

Snow should toll his contract. The NHL should insiste he not play 1 more game in the KHL, so long as he owes the NYI a season. If he wants to retire. Let him.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRVC416 View Post
KHL announcement on Lubomir Visnovsky

Respect for the rules of cooperation among partners, adherence to agreements and the fulfillment of all obligations undertaken are the most important of the principles which have guided the Kontinental Hockey League ever since its foundation.

In September of 2012 the League introduced an amendment to its regulations governing the signing by KHL clubs of players currently under contract to NHL clubs in the event of a lockout, and the amendment stipulates that the locked out players’ contracts must contain a clause allowing immediate unilateral termination when the NHL lockout is resolved, and the players are to return to North America to fulfil their obligations to their respective clubs.

Of the 43 players from the NHL who as a result of the lockout signed contracts to play in the KHL Championship, 42 have returned to North America to train for the forthcoming NHL campaign. However, defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky, who spent the lockout at Slovan Bratislava and is currently under contract with the New York Islanders, has announced that he plans to continue playing in the KHL.Mr. Visnovsky and HC Slovan Bratislava have submitted a request to the League asking that the player be permitted to sign a contract with Slovan until the end of the 2012-13 season, citing the player’s complex personal circumstances and his desire to continue his career in his homeland.

{MOD NOTE: Go to link to see more of announcement}

{MOD EDIT: Link added}
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7270--nhl.html

Good Lord, this franchise gets crapped on again. Brooklyn has to bring better karma. Can't get any worse.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Refuse to let him play in the khl and toll him.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:03 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post

Good Lord, this franchise gets crapped on again. Brooklyn has to bring better karma. Can't get any worse.
I wouldn't say this is the team getting crapped on. As much as Viz would have helped, the guy is no Kovy. This is not as much as slap in the face as fans should be taking it.

I would love Viz to play here as much as the next guy but again Viz is not the greatest player in the world. Nor should we be acting like we got snubbed by a future HOFer.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I wouldn't say this is the team getting crapped on. As much as Viz would have helped, the guy is no Kovy. This is not as much as slap in the face as fans should be taking it.

I would love Viz to play here as much as the next guy but again Viz is not the greatest player in the world. Nor should we be acting like we got snubbed by a future HOFer.
That's not the point. Read the bold part again. 43 NHL players went to the KHL and all but 1 came back. Look who didn't get the 1.

You can ratonalize it all you want. Doesn't matter who it is or how good they are or aren't. NYI is the one who got screwed.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
steveat

Was he going to do this with the Ducks if he had not been traded? It's gotta be about the Islanders, but to make the situation not as bad he is saying it has nothing to do with us.

I don't understand...I really don't. You come to play professional hockey which basically equates to about the age of 30-40 years of age before it's all over and you retire....that's a WHOLE lot of life left to enjoy it with family and let me tell you....you can live like a KING in Slovakia with his money..geez..on a 50k salary you'd do fairly well. BTW..I live like 4 hrs from Bratislava by car, so I am well aware of how much things cost...

How are player contracts written up? Can you sue if services rendered weren't provided? International court? TBH..player contracts should have a 2-way exit clause...one team buyout and or if player doesn't want to play, he must pay the team a penalty to break the contract.

I am sure he could play for another 5 years in Slovakia after his NHL career. I think he wants glory from his home..he doesn't understand North American glory...

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You can't be suggesting that Vis' word , his promise, means something at this point?
That the isles could count on him showing up next season?

Snow should toll his contract. The NHL should insiste he not play 1 more game in the KHL, so long as he owes the NYI a season. If he wants to retire. Let him.
Agreed. But if he has "special" family circumstances (eg. his wife threatened to divorce him if he can't get his business in order) I think people need to let go. To me, if he pays the piper, so be it. I won't say he needs to prioritize work over family, he just needs to be held to the rules. At the end of the day, he made tons of money playing for the NHL. Imagine the league didn't pay a player-- you can bet he'd be suing for his money.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Was he going to do this with the Ducks if he had not been traded? It's gotta be about the Islanders, but to make the situation not as bad he is saying it has nothing to do with us.

I don't understand...I really don't. You come to play professional hockey which basically equates to about the age of 30-40 years of age before it's all over and you retire....that's a WHOLE lot of life left to enjoy it with family and let me tell you....you can live like a KING in Slovakia with his money..geez..on a 50k salary you'd do fairly well. BTW..I live like 4 hrs from Bratislava by car, so I am well aware of how much things cost...

How are player contracts written up? Can you sue if services rendered weren't provided? International court? TBH..player contracts should have a 2-way exit clause...one team buyout and or if player doesn't want to play, he must pay the team a penalty to break the contract.

I am sure he could play for another 5 years in Slovakia after his NHL career. I think he wants glory from his home..he doesn't understand North American glory...
this doesn't seem important to him b/c he didn't grow up with it.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

And here we go:

Quote:
@ICEHockeyAgent: Lubomir Visnovsky said he looks forward to reporting to the NYI after tending to "personal reasons" which have kept him from reporting.
RT by Staple

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
StumpNYI

GWC beat me to it.

The dude is full of it

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
steveat

Yeah..he wants to finish the season for his team first, then report...I am pretty sure that is the real reason.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Yeah..he wants to finish the season for his team first, then report...I am pretty sure that is the real reason.
If that is the real reason then WHY DIDN'T HE JUST TELL EVERYONE THAT?! It would've stopped this madness.

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Renbarg

At this point it looks like he is just stalling for time.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
A Pointed Stick
W.W.J.C.D?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Wang Clan View Post
If that is the real reason then WHY DIDN'T HE JUST TELL EVERYONE THAT?! It would've stopped this madness.
You mean you believe him? Why?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
At this point it looks like he is just stalling for time.
He can wait till after his team is finished to report, he just can't play for them.
I hope he enjoys being a spectator.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote