HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
01-15-2013, 10:54 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I realize that DL doesn't have to trade Bernier, and as it stands he's more valuable than ever to LA due to the shortened schedule and Quicks recent back injury. However, do you really think that a GM covets Bernier that much as to offer a young top six winger AND a first round pick?

It's interesting that you bring up Tampa Bay. McKenzie reported that Yzerman was interested, but other than rumor mongers and hacks who merely suggested a possible return, I saw no credible reports that DL was offered Connolly AND a first. You can't use that as a measuring stick.

LA put a lot of time and resources into developing Thomas Hickey. Look how that turned out.
The Kings spent far more money and resources on Johnny B.

Hickey never made it to the NHL. So he never had to be coached by the big club, the Kings also never had to pay his NHL wages.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I realize that DL doesn't have to trade Bernier, and as it stands he's more valuable than ever to LA due to the shortened schedule and Quicks recent back injury. However, do you really think that a GM covets Bernier that much as to offer a young top six winger AND a first round pick?

It's interesting that you bring up Tampa Bay. McKenzie reported that Yzerman was interested, but other than rumor mongers and hacks who merely suggested a possible return, I saw no credible reports that DL was offered Connolly AND a first. You can't use that as a measuring stick.

LA put a lot of time and resources into developing Thomas Hickey. Look how that turned out.
They may or may not covet him that much but it would be what the offer was. As far as McKenzie goes he stated both on twitter and mentioned on air that the offer was a 1st and a top prospect (later it was generally agree to from both side it was connelly) so yeah i can use that as a measuring stick.

As far as hickey goes it makes it even more important la sticks to there guns and get the frist. This team is giving up alot of young talent and not getting it true value ie purcell molson boyle etc

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:58 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Reimer > Bernier.

/thread.
Reimer = AHL

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:58 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Kings spent far more money and resources on Johnny B.

Hickey never made it to the NHL. So he never had to be coached by the big club, the Kings also never had to pay his NHL wages.
That's fine, but in the context of the post I was replying too, just because a team puts in the time and resources to develop a player doesn't mean they should expect another to team to overpay to acquire that player.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:59 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
That's fine, but in the context of the post I was replying too, just because a team puts in the time and resources to develop a player doesn't mean they should expect another to team to overpay to acquire that player.
In turn, people shouldn't expect the Kings to take less, than what management wants for Johnny B.

Maybe there is not a market for Johnny B, that's fine.

But sources inside the Kings say that Lombardi is not going to part with him unless Lombardi gets what he wants.

Lombardi wants a 1st round pick, also a Decent prospect.

Doesn't mean he will get that, but that is what Fan's have to go on.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:59 PM
lakai17

is Martin Jones ready? Who gets the call when Bernier gets the boot?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
is Martin Jones ready? Who gets the call when Bernier gets the boot?
no i think he is currently injuryed with a groin pull. He is also have a ruff season according to thoses who are fellowing mancheaster closely. not sure who would get the call to be honest/

Old
01-15-2013, 11:07 PM
damacles1156

Martin Jones is not ready, He is probably another year away.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
They may or may not covet him that much but it would be what the offer was. As far as McKenzie goes he stated both on twitter and mentioned on air that the offer was a 1st and a top prospect (later it was generally agree to from both side it was connelly) so yeah i can use that as a measuring stick.

As far as hickey goes it makes it even more important la sticks to there guns and get the frist. This team is giving up alot of young talent and not getting it true value ie purcell molson boyle etc
McKenzie did not state the offer was a 1st and Connolly... I know he stated that he thinks TB will trade for Bernier, and people speculated from there... and by people, I mean no one of credibility.

Case in point: http://bigmouthbarry.com/jeckyl-and-hyde/

My whole issue is that you put a value on JB, but in reality I doubt that is the value Lombardi puts on him. My only evidence is to compare his value to his peers. Varlamov got a first and a second, but Varlamov had accomplished more at the time of his trade and was considered by most hockey pundits as the better goalie.

Again, I get your point that LA doesn't have to trade him and that it would take a significant return for DL to consider it. My issue is that what you feel the return should be is simply unrealistic at best, and that no GM will pay that price to acquire him for that. You'd be waiting til Bernier hits free agency for an offer like that.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
lakai17

Khabibulin + 1st round draft pick(we pick year)

Last edited by lakai17: 01-15-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 11:27 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
In turn, people shouldn't expect the Kings to take less, than what management wants for Johnny B.

Maybe there is not a market for Johnny B, that's fine.

But sources inside the Kings say that Lombardi is not going to part with him unless Lombardi gets what he wants.

Lombardi wants a 1st round pick, also a Decent prospect.

Doesn't mean he will get that, but that is what Fan's have to go on.
I'm not being sarcastic, but where was it mentioned from a reliable or at least semi-reliable source that Lombardi wants a first and a decent prospect? I could see Cory Schneider fetching something along those lines, but he's accomplished more to date than Bernier.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
McKenzie did not state the offer was a 1st and Connolly... I know he stated that he thinks TB will trade for Bernier, and people speculated from there... and by people, I mean no one of credibility.

Case in point: http://bigmouthbarry.com/jeckyl-and-hyde/

My whole issue is that you put a value on JB, but in reality I doubt that is the value Lombardi puts on him. My only evidence is to compare his value to his peers. Varlamov got a first and a second, but Varlamov had accomplished more at the time of his trade and was considered by most hockey pundits as the better goalie.

Again, I get your point that LA doesn't have to trade him and that it would take a significant return for DL to consider it. My issue is that what you feel the return should be is simply unrealistic at best, and that no GM will pay that price to acquire him for that. You'd be waiting til Bernier hits free agency for an offer like that.
again i know what i saw and heard from mackenize wheather you belive me or not is something we ll agree to disagree, Dean has stated interviews that he frist + is minimum what he wants Please someone who has the link to this post it as i dont keep them like others do. I do think its realistic so again agree to disagree. I think all he needs is a few games in a row to prove he can handle it. This year he will get more games as the schedule will require resting quick more. Again i got no probelm waiting for the return because he is worth it.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:31 PM
oilers84

to la
bulin
hamilton
pelss
plante
2nd
3rd 2014

to edm
Bernier
muzzin
shore

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Khabibulin + 1st round draft pick
to be honest if i was dean i would consider this but i like Khabibulin and the frist would be right up the kings ally but he has negative trade value so oiler would still have to add half his salary and msp imo to much maybe but thats what id ask

Old
01-16-2013, 05:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

from the Hawks, I'd give up Frolik and a pick (not a 1st)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
A solid prospect + solid pick + vet backup (If made this year)

Morin + Hawks 2nd in 2014 + Emery?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Thats certainly an interesting proposal, although isnt Emery's contract up end of this year? So unless DL wants to bring him back for another year, not sure we give up Bernier for a short-term rental and the rest of that package. Kings probably want a 1st if the prospect is only "solid"

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Co Ho*

Leaf fans are brutal. "I wouldn't do Kadri fro Bernier" - ok, have fun missing the playoffs with no quality goaltenders in your system. I could empathize if you had a great prospect worth waiting for (e.g. Markstrom), but not with Scrivens and Reimer. Sooner or later you'll need to get a quality goaltender, and you have to give to get.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Reimer > Bernier.

/thread.

Suck it Remier!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I have said multiple times before that the Lindback trade set the market for Goalies who were always the #2 option. So if Bernier gets the same amount I would say it's fair. That's why I can't believe Dean Lombardi is asking for a 1st round pick if it's true, because Bernier hasn't proved anything in the NHL that he's worth something like that in return.
That may be our fault; I seem to recall reports that we took LA's 1st in the Carter/JMFJ trade in lieu of Bernier.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That may be our fault; I seem to recall reports that we took LA's 1st in the Carter/JMFJ trade in lieu of Bernier.
Yes. We would like a pick in this deep draft and we would like the flexibility to trade the pick at the deadline for another Carter-type deal if need be (except this time for a defenseman probably).

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Morin is Jeremy Morin right? Do you have a defensive defenseman prospect the level of Morin or better to offer? (Feel free to lower or remove the pick to even the value).

We need someone who is just about NHL ready.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yes. We would like a pick in this deep draft and we would like the flexibility to trade the pick at the deadline for another Carter-type deal if need be (except this time for a defenseman probably).
I was thinking of that more in context of "we took a 1st instead of Bernier, therefore Bernier == 1st", but that also makes sense.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
puckyeah

If i was GM of the Kings, he would be going nowhere. If you want him, you're going to have to break the bank, a first rounder and a good solid established player just for starters. I wouldnt expect you're going to 'steal' him with an underwhelming offer, gotta pony up if you want him.

puckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post

Suck it Remier!
change Reimer with Bernier last year and you could post a pic with Reimer and the SC. Bernier had nothing to do with winning the cup. You know this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Morin is Jeremy Morin right? Do you have a defensive defenseman prospect the level of Morin or better to offer? (Feel free to lower or remove the pick to even the value).

We need someone who is just about NHL ready.
Dylan Olsen + Emery ?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote