HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Mr Rogers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Andrighetto should have been our 7th rounder last year. Can't speak against Nystrom 'cause I've never seen him play but was wishing so hard to get Andrighetto....

Wow at Gauthier at 7. I like the kid....a lot.....But that's too high right now. First rounder? Absolutely...but 7?
19 on ISS though. Could maybe end up in the 10-15 range

Old
01-15-2013, 02:19 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Andrighetto deserves way more consideration than some of the "typical" overagers, agreed... Other older players who don't skate that well might amass impressive numbers (like Dea, say), but the skating is such a big factor in how they progress at the next levels... (I only saw Dea in the SSS, tho and Andrighetto WJC, plus one TV game where I wasn't really watching closely)... so maybe I'm underrating Dea?
Dea is a no-draft to me. No NHL potential at all IMO. He's soft, he's small but he's a good skater. He has talent, but that won't translate to the pros.

Andrighetto though is not scared of traffic, and as you pointed out he's a very fast skater. He's making Dea look good this year. Better hands of the two, and a much better shot.

Dea is in the same category of the Massé, Riendeau and Maillet.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Dea is a no-draft to me. No NHL potential at all IMO. He's soft, he's small but he's a good skater. He has talent, but that won't translate to the pros.

Andrighetto though is not scared of traffic, and as you pointed out he's a very fast skater. He's making Dea look good this year. Better hands of the two, and a much better shot.

Dea is in the same category of the Massé, Riendeau and Maillet.
Dea isn't soft, he just needs to add weight/muscle to his frame. He is 6', once he fills out he'll be around 190-195lbs, he had a late growth spurt, I believe he was 5'9" when drafted 2+ years ago.

Dea scored 8 goals in 8 games with Andrighetto out in December/early Jan.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
S Bah

The Habs will change the faces of their future Top Six by the end of this draft.Drafting both Galchenyuk and Collberg last year was a great start,adding one of the Top Five this draft should complete a great future 1st line.MacKinnon centering Galchenyuk and Collberg would certainly be a world class line.Finding the guts for the 2nd line starting with Pacioretty and adding Pavel Buchnevich and Valentin Zykov would be awesome. Leaving the Habs with a 2nd round pick left for some muscle in the form of Tyler Hill,a power forward in the mold of John Leclair,ready to play on the 3rd line but also capable of playing in the top six in cases of injury or added toughness during the playoffs.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs will change the faces of their future Top Six by the end of this draft.Drafting both Galchenyuk and Collberg last year was a great start,adding one of the Top Five this draft should complete a great future 1st line.MacKinnon centering Galchenyuk and Collberg would certainly be a world class line.Finding the guts for the 2nd line starting with Pacioretty and adding Pavel Buchnevich and Valentin Zykov would be awesome. Leaving the Habs with a 2nd round pick left for some muscle in the form of Tyler Hill,a power forward in the mold of John Leclair,ready to play on the 3rd line but also capable of playing in the top six in cases of injury or added toughness during the playoffs.
McKinnon probably won't be a center in the NHL much like Kessel.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:01 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Easily switch to Galchenyuk at center with Mack and Colly or possibly Drouin & Colly.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Mackinnon isn't charmin-soft like Kessel, I could see him going either way.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Habtchum*

Mantha and Gauthier are huge and skilled kids. Would like the Habs to get one of them. Or Darnell Nurse.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was talking about ISS, so your comments confused me at first.

Vincent Dunn is 53rd on CSS, I'd love the Habs to get him. I wish he was bigger but he likes to hit, likes to fight, and is producing at a good clip this year. On the other hand, if he were bigger, he'd be a first rounder.

Dunn?

I'd take a chance on him if he's still there in the third round. Especially if we have two picks in that round. And... actually, possibly in the 4th.
But we're really looking at a possible 4th center with Dunn.

And there's no way I'd pick him ahead of Émile Poirier to begin with.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:07 PM
FireBergevin
go PSP go

I'm loving Zykov & Erne right now. Zykov is red-hot and Erne loves to hit.

What do people here think of Duclair, Diaby & Morin?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I want Erne really badly.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Dea isn't soft, he just needs to add weight/muscle to his frame. He is 6', once he fills out he'll be around 190-195lbs, he had a late growth spurt, I believe he was 5'9" when drafted 2+ years ago.

I agree; Dea is not a soft player. The guy is not afraid of the heavy circulation but he does not have the frame to cope with it. Not yet. Once this guy fills up, watch out!

Side note... If I remember correctly, this is Andrighetto last season in the Q: he will play pro for a team back home (Swiss) after this season. Based on the little I saw of him and, more importantly, according to a hockey freak friend of mine who lives in Rouyn, this guy was a no brainer for the 2012 draft. I guess Habs scouts think of Rouyn as another planet!

Old
01-16-2013, 01:02 AM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
I know this is a deep draft, but I don't know much about the players outside of the big ones. What kind of players could we get with our 3 2nd rounders? I feel like we should get some crash and bang power forwards/solid 2-way players, sort of top 9 guys who really help fill out a team.

Of course, if there are legit top6ers by the time we pick in the 2nd round we'd go with them, but I am interested in what sort of quality top9/bottom-6 talent there is in the draft. Anyone come to mind for you guys?

Old
01-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Dunn?

I'd take a chance on him if he's still there in the third round. Especially if we have two picks in that round. And... actually, possibly in the 4th.
But we're really looking at a possible 4th center with Dunn.

And there's no way I'd pick him ahead of Émile Poirier to begin with.
Dunn will be a pest. Went to high school with the guy, and every time he comes to play the olympiques in his hometown, he juste gets under everybody's skin. He fights and heck, he produces, although the fact he centers mantha and zlobin kind of helps. He screams patrick kaleta type player imo.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:42 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
Dunn will be a pest. Went to high school with the guy, and every time he comes to play the olympiques in his hometown, he juste gets under everybody's skin. He fights and heck, he produces, although the fact he centers mantha and zlobin kind of helps. He screams patrick kaleta type player imo.
Don't worry. I know that he's all that.

But still... Are we looking at something else than a 4th C?

Old
01-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
He has more upside than Kaleta. He won't be a 1st liner in the NHL but he could be a bigger version of Marchand or D.Roy. He is gritty and an agitator but his skill have top 6 potential for sure.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
I know this is a deep draft, but I don't know much about the players outside of the big ones. What kind of players could we get with our 3 2nd rounders? I feel like we should get some crash and bang power forwards/solid 2-way players, sort of top 9 guys who really help fill out a team.

Of course, if there are legit top6ers by the time we pick in the 2nd round we'd go with them, but I am interested in what sort of quality top9/bottom-6 talent there is in the draft. Anyone come to mind for you guys?
Actually, there will be Top 6 foward/Top 4 D-man even in the second round this year. A lot of talented players will left in the 2nd round. We could picked a guy like Collberg in the second round this year, in 2013 there will be players better than him. Some of those guys will be longer project but the potential is there. Dunn, Moutrey, De La Rose are big power foward that we could use. Downing and Muller are big D-men with offensive upside.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:07 AM
BrimStone64

Can't wait to see Gauthier against Monahans and Jones tonight. Is he on Team Orr(Mcphee's)?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Don't worry. I know that he's all that.

But still... Are we looking at something else than a 4th C?
We have 3 second round picks and, with the exception of Thrower, went all-skill with our early picks last year. Maybe we could even get him in the third. Nothing wrong with adding some grit at a certain point. I think everyone would agree that's an area we're deficient in when it comes to our prospects.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
We have 3 second round picks and, with the exception of Thrower, went all-skill with our early picks last year. Maybe we could even get him in the third. Nothing wrong with adding some grit at a certain point. I think everyone would agree that's an area we're deficient in when it comes to our prospects.
Thing is we need grit with good skills, the best thing would be to find a long-term Cole-like player on the RW as Collberg and Gallagher does not provide this ingredient.
On the LW I'm not too concerned, Maxpac, Bourque. At C, if Galchenyuk-Eller are 2 of the 3, it should good enough. We have to be open to the possibility of Desharnais over the long term and Galchenyuk as a long term LW as well. That would change my assessment and make it necessary to select/get another center with some grit and great talent. (Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm etc.)

Old
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

I actually see Dunn more as a winger in the NHL, I see him in a couple of years as one of those players you hate but would love to have. Will make a great 3rd line winger

Old
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Can't wait to see Gauthier against Monahans and Jones tonight. Is he on Team Orr(Mcphee's)?
Team Red: http://www.homehardwaretopprospects.ca/

Old
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
He has more upside than Kaleta. He won't be a 1st liner in the NHL but he could be a bigger version of Marchand or D.Roy. He is gritty and an agitator but his skill have top 6 potential for sure.
I feel his upside remains closer to a Darcy Tucker type of player than to Roy/Marchand...

Old
01-16-2013, 02:46 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

He's a one year wonder.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
I feel his upside remains closer to a Darcy Tucker type of player than to Roy/Marchand...
Tucker's numbers in his prime are about the same as Marchand, though he had more balls.

Closed Thread