HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 03:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Oops. He was just skating with them pre-training camp. Has since fallen off of people's radar. My mistake.
Sooo he's still available. LOL....again I'd give him a call. Sather if pretty familiar with him. See what Arnott says.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
tjs252

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Why?

It can hurt. This team worked hard to build an identity. When I player doesn't fit into that kind of team there is inherently negative aspects to it.
There's a tremendous drop off in skill after you get past our top-6. There's also a huge drop in experience, which, though I hate the talk of intangibles, is going to be probably useful in a condensed season.

I'm not advocating giving him a starting spot, but as an extra forward/injury insurance, I'd prefer him to the likes of Newbury. If he wins the 4th line C spot, he wins the 4th line C spot.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
There's a tremendous drop off in skill after you get past our top-6. There's also a huge drop in experience, which, though I hate the talk of intangibles, is going to be probably useful in a condensed season.

I'm not advocating giving him a starting spot, but as an extra forward/injury insurance, I'd prefer him to the likes of Newbury. If he wins the 4th line C spot, he wins the 4th line C spot.
I'm really not that concerned about the drop off in skill. Presumably one of Kreider or Hagelin will be on the third line. And I disagree with the comment about the lack of experience. Pyatt, Rupp, Asham are all vets. Boyle have three years in the league.

Bottom line: I'd rather have a hard working third and fourth line than one with unrealized skill with Gomez.

01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
So, your solution is to pick up a retread like Gomez that hasnt shown a particular interest in competing for years now?

Old
01-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Completely agreed. Gomez is a fine player. He just can't score. He isn't that bad at faceoffs, but his team has ridiculous possession numbers while he is on the ice. He is the perfect 4th line center for this team.

Old
01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Completely agreed. Gomez is a fine player. He just can't score. He isn't that bad at faceoffs, but his team has ridiculous possession numbers while he is on the ice. He is the perfect 4th line center for this team.
hes a malcontent with too much negativity surrounding his time here, no interest. halpren is a fine 4th line center. that being said would could def use a little more extra depth which we all agree on

Old
01-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
He isnt the perfect anything for this team. Give me a break.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
Quote:
For like 1 mil... I couldn't agree more.

01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He isnt the perfect anything for this team. Give me a break.
Just clicked reply to post this cuz I didn't see it.

But, you hit the nail on the head.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Ail
k.

Never did I expect to open this thread and see people contemplating adding Gomez EVEN AT LEAGUE MINIMUM, after he is bought out.

rip
Old
01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Never did I expect to open this thread and see people contemplating adding Gomez EVEN AT LEAGUE MINIMUM, after he is bought out.

Must have made a bad purchase and want to get some redeeming value

Old
01-15-2013, 06:58 PM
eco's bones

Redden and Gomez = washed up. We don't need them and their half hearted effort and we don't need to get older. Neither one of them got to where they are at right now by accident--they earned it. If some other team wants to take a chance on either--let them. They won't be better for it.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
hes a malcontent with too much negativity surrounding his time here, no interest. halpren is a fine 4th line center. that being said would could def use a little more extra depth which we all agree on
You are 100% correct. Unfortunately, the past will likely keep Gomez out of town.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Callafan24

You are 100% correct. Fortunately, the past will likely keep Gomez out of town.

Fixed it for you!

Old
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Imagine Gomez gets a league min .... get ice time ... and PRODUCES?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Seems like a lot of people want to add a player just to add a player. I am totally fine with this line up to start the season.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:01 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Seems like a lot of people want to add a player just to add a player. I am totally fine with this line up to start the season.
Agreed. Drop the puck already.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Orr Nightmare

Mark Fistric

Traded D Mark Fistric to Edmonton for a 2013 third-round draft pick.

I would have traded a 3rd for this guy...we have 3, it would have been worth the investment.

6-2 232, is not a bad additon and u don't have to rely on Gilroy at any point.

Would have only cost $1 million and a 3rd and he could have given us 12-14 and possibly 16 minutes a night.

We do not have the depth currently...we can't even sport a full team without Richards.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if we see Miller this year and with a remote chance, McIlLrath, if we are beset with injuries.

What if Kreider is not ready, I wouldn't hang him if he needed sometime.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Joey Bones

I would take Arnott. Also Sykora, Dvorak, Winchester, and Moore could be great. I feel that one of Dvorak/Moore would get the invite though, but I'm pretty sure that Torts is going to role with what he has now.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:43 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Penguins are going to have to make some choices on defense as to who to put on waivers. They have quite a few guys I would be very willing to have as a #6. Lovejoy strikes my eye.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:56 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Penguins are going to have to make some choices on defense as to who to put on waivers. They have quite a few guys I would be very willing to have as a #6. Lovejoy strikes my eye.
Lovejoy is a RH d-man and twice the player Bickel will ever be. Sign me up.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I'd sign Gomez...then trade him for Subban :-D

Old
01-16-2013, 02:12 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I'd sign Gomez...then trade him for Subban :-D
Then have Sather sign him to a sweetheart 2nd contract

Old
01-16-2013, 07:13 AM
gravey9

There's a chance Buffalo may buy out Ville Leino. Might be had for a steal since he will already be getting paid in full by buffalo and he might want to play on a contender. He was a beast on the Flyers 3rd Line a few years ago. Very good along the boards. Would be a beast for the Rangers on the 3rd line with Boyle and Kreider. Could move Pyatt down to 4th line and makes Asham extra forward. If he does become a free agent, i could see our biggest competitors trying to sign him.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
There's a chance Buffalo may buy out Ville Leino. Might be had for a steal since he will already be getting paid in full by buffalo and he might want to play on a contender. He was a beast on the Flyers 3rd Line a few years ago. Very good along the boards. Would be a beast for the Rangers on the 3rd line with Boyle and Kreider. Could move Pyatt down to 4th line and makes Asham extra forward. If he does become a free agent, i could see our biggest competitors trying to sign him.
Doubt Buffalo buys him out, pretty thin at FWD already. Might as well pay him for playing on your team, as compared to someone else's. Also could dangle him as trade bait at the deadline to a fringe team that could buy him out, I'm sure you could fetch at least a pick...it's something.

Closed Thread