HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kadri or Frattin

View Poll Results: Kadri or Frattin
Kadri 95 60.51%
Frattin 62 39.49%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 01:11 AM
  #101
rdawg1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Cowen, Kulikov, Kassian, Kreider, Leddy, Rundblad, Johanssen, O Rielly...
Maybe Kulikov, all others havent really proven much.

O'Rielly was a lucky pick.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:11 AM
  #102
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Nope. Kadri better start getting on the Barry Bonds diet if he wants to be a bonafide 2nd liner on the Toronto Leafs.

Frattin just has those genetics.

Something the Leafs staff should have realized when he went through physicals and interviews and such.

If you can crush a kids hand with a handshake you should just pass on him for the 2nd round.
What? You have to be on steroids to play an offensive role?

Martin St. Louis, Pat Kane, etc. say hi

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:11 AM
  #103
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Do you actually think before you post, or does the crap come out naturally?
All of those players are better NHL players than Kadri.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:12 AM
  #104
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokil View Post
what? You have to be on steroids to play an offensive role?

Martin st. Louis, pat kane, etc. Say hi
2/600

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:12 AM
  #105
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Played well with Grabovski.

Physically dominated Adam Mquaid.

Owns a lethal shot.

As a rookie.

Good enough for me.
You're reaching. Played well? Saying so would indicate he actually did something offensively.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:13 AM
  #106
masyo88*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Nope. Kadri better start getting on the Barry Bonds diet if he wants to be a bonafide 2nd liner on the Toronto Leafs.

Frattin just has those genetics.

Something the Leafs staff should have realized when he went through physicals and interviews and such.

If you can crush a kids hand with a handshake you should just pass on him for the 2nd round.
Dude I'm done with you. When I present you with facts and logic you counter with opinions and biases that you represent as facts. Have a good night. Oh and goodluck that a 25 year old limited hockey player who has third line material written all over him be better than Kadri.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:14 AM
  #107
masyo88*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Kadri dominated lovejoy with a hit. What has Kadri ever done? Umm just score more points than Frattin hahaha

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:15 AM
  #108
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
2/600
Giroux, Pominville, Seguin, Alfredsson, Datsyuk, Ribiero, Krejci,...

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:16 AM
  #109
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Giroux, Pominville, Seguin, Alfredsson, Datsyuk, Ribiero, Krejci,...
All way better than Kadri in almost every aspect of the game of hockey...AINEC

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:17 AM
  #110
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Dude I'm done with you. When I present you with facts and logic you counter with opinions and biases that you represent as facts. Have a good night. Oh and goodluck that a 25 year old limited hockey player who has third line material written all over him be better than Kadri.
Ok just reciting a stat line isn't "facts and logic".

If it were that simple I'd say Keith Aucoin should be our number one center.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:19 AM
  #111
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Why do we have to choose?

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:20 AM
  #112
masyo88*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Ok just reciting a stat line isn't "facts and logic".

If it were that simple I'd say Keith Aucoin should be our number one center.
Aucoin, never could produce in the NHL. Kadri has shown he can play in the NHL, way different. Thanks for coming out again

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:23 AM
  #113
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Why do we have to choose?
So we can point and laugh if you get it wrong in the future? I don't know.

It's all just an opinion.

None of us are fortune tellers.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  #114
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Aucoin, never could produce in the NHL. Kadri has shown he can play in the NHL, way different. Thanks for coming out again
If he could produce, he would have had a job in the NHL by now as opposed to getting demoted to the AHL.

Fratting got an NHL job and it didnt take long either,

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:26 AM
  #115
masyo88*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
If he could produce, he would have had a job in the NHL by now as opposed to getting demoted to the AHL.

Fratting got an NHL job and it didnt take long either,
Oh he has produced, he should of been on the team last year but Wilson loved his Lombardi and Connolly for some reason. And Frattin produced less in the NHL and the AHL, in more minutes than Kadri. Oh by the way hes three years older. Cheers thanks for coming out again.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:32 AM
  #116
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Oh he has produced, he should of been on the team last year but Wilson loved his Lombardi and Connolly for some reason. And Frattin produced less in the NHL and the AHL, in more minutes than Kadri. Oh by the way hes three years older. Cheers thanks for coming out again.
For some reason those players were much better than Kadri who is a defensive burden and turnover machine. Basically those guys know how to play defence and don't spend half their icetime on their butts.

Couldn't be because those guys can handle NHL hockey and Kadri is just not cut out for it right?

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:42 AM
  #117
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
All way better than Kadri in almost every aspect of the game of hockey...AINEC
that's not the point. you said he can't play a top 6 role because he's too small, you can't then turn around and say "he's not as good as the good small guys" - your argument was size, not raw talent

ifs talent then duh, he doesnt have the talent

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:45 AM
  #118
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
that's not the point. you said he can't play a top 6 role because he's too small, you can't then turn around and say "he's not as good as the good small guys" - your argument was size, not raw talent

ifs talent then duh, he doesnt have the talent
It is the point.

You can't have it both ways.

On the one hand you acknowledge that Kadris game is severely limited.

On the other you compare him to greats.

Which is it?

Either his skating, size, and defensive commitment are what will stop him from making the NHL or they wont.

What do you think of Robbie Schremp and Linus Omark?

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 AM
  #119
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
So we can point and laugh if you get it wrong in the future? I don't know.

It's all just an opinion.

None of us are fortune tellers.
Well I want Kadri centering Frattin on the 3rd line.

So I REFUSE,

To CHOOSE!


charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:49 AM
  #120
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Well I want Kadri centering Frattin on the 3rd line.

So I REFUSE,

To CHOOSE!

Not happening.

Kadri is not a 3rd line center.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:59 AM
  #121
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
It is the point.

You can't have it both ways.

On the one hand you acknowledge that Kadris game is severely limited.

On the other you compare him to greats.

Which is it?

Either his skating, size, and defensive commitment are what will stop him from making the NHL or they wont.

What do you think of Robbie Schremp and Linus Omark?
I'm not comparing him to greats in that sense, you said his limitation is size - I was just saying that size ALONE isn't something to hold back a player that is truly talented.

Kadri is a poor man's Schremp.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:01 AM
  #122
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I'm not comparing him to greats in that sense, you said his limitation is size - I was just saying that size ALONE isn't something to hold back a player that is truly talented.

Kadri is a poor man's Schremp.
Okay then maybe we can also acknowledge that while he is small, he is also very irresponsible defensively, and not a great skater either...

Very similar to Schremp.

All dangles, no hockey!

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:05 AM
  #123
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Okay then maybe we can also acknowledge that while he is small, he is also very irresponsible defensively, and not a great skater either...
Yup.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:08 AM
  #124
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Yup.
Would you take a Robbie Schremp or a Matt Frattin?

There's your answer to the poll.

Bomber0104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:12 AM
  #125
KPower
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Would you take a Robbie Schremp or a Matt Frattin?

There's your answer to the poll.
A lot of people still believe that Kadri can be a top 6 forward that can produce 65+ point seasons.

I don't think he's an NHL player but I hope I'm wrong.

KPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.