HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Hipietro

vCash: 500
Its not going to go over well when this jackass decides to join the team a couple weeks into the season, in the locker room or with the fans.

He is gonna be ripped a new one by fans at the Coliseum.

Last edited by Hipietro: 01-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Yeah..he wants to finish the season for his team first, then report...I am pretty sure that is the real reason.
I think there are 10 regular season games left and then possibly the playoffs for his KHL team.

I can't see the isles giving their consent for him to play those KHL games, while missing NYI games.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
IslesRVC416

So hes coming? Or more smoke screens? Wont believe it till hes on the ice

IslesRVC416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
InformTheMasses

Yeah 10 more games, but the last one is Feb 17th. Which means after a few days of travel, AT BEST you're looking at a return of Feb 24 at Home against Carolina. That would mean he missed the first 18 games of a 48 game schedule.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:00 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Why do I think Vis is going to report, then strain his back or something and try to collect his salary without playing a game.

Bitter? You bet.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:04 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

My best guess is that these "personal reasons" is that his wife is forcing him to make a choice between his family and $$$. She could be threatening him with divorce as well.

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
mae

Damn Visnovsky...is he going to play for the Isles or what? He'll definitely help my fantasy team if he is, but I gotta know asap before someone else picks him up!

mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:50 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
My best guess is that these "personal reasons" is that his wife is forcing him to make a choice between his family and $$$. She could be threatening him with divorce as well.
Speculation. And makes zero sense. He wants to play in the KHL, he doesn't want to play in the NHL. It's not money, he could retire if he wants to hang with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think there are 10 regular season games left and then possibly the playoffs for his KHL team.

I can't see the isles giving their consent for him to play those KHL games, while missing NYI games.
No way this happens. Zero chance. He has no choice. All he's done is look stupid, Pissoff fans, other players, the NHLPA and NHL, his agent and just made it harder for himself. Dumb. Dumb.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:03 PM
StrongIslanders90

why would the Isles give him consent to play any games in the KHL? If he gets hurt then what?

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Yashin for President

https://twitter.com/ICEHockeyAgent

looks like hes coming back as soon as thursday. Just scooped him up on waiver in fantasy. Love the late night waiver pickups when normal people are usually in bed.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
empire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
https://twitter.com/ICEHockeyAgent

looks like hes coming back as soon as thursday. Just scooped him up on waiver in fantasy. Love the late night waiver pickups when normal people are usually in bed.
where did you hear Thursday?

empire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:34 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

I'm seriously going to LOL if this whole thing works out to the point where he wants to stay.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Tavaresfan91

Is he suppose to be here by opening night?!

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
bigbren92

@ICEHockeyAgent
Lubomir Visnovsky said he looks forward to reporting to the NYI after tending to "personal reasons" which have kept him from reporting.

So does this mean that he has already tended to his "personal reasons" or is his agent saying it hasnt happened yet and he'll be here once he does?

bigbren92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:58 PM
lost35*

really hope I do not see this piece of crap in an Islander Jersey and I really hope we do not have to pay him a penny

but you know he will eventually play here

give a 1/2 ass performance

will probably get "hurt"

and will just be another chapter in this sad organization in the last 20 years

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:28 AM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Its not going to go over well when this jackass decides to join the team a couple weeks into the season, in the locker room or with the fans.

He is gonna be ripped a new one by fans at the Coliseum.
Amen. I feel like this guy thinks the Isles as well as their fan base are a joke, so he can do whatever he wants on his own time. Remember what JT said during the cover vote, "I love these fans. They'll surprise you." He is going to have one rude awakening when he gets booed to no end if he comes and I can't wait to be a part of it.

I really would love to have him in time before their road trip after Monday.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
GusTheo

At the end of the day, if this guy comes in here and produces, he'll be loved.

And you know what, maybe he won't just come here and dog it. Maybe he'll play hard so he can go back to his Slovan team and ask for a few extra bucks, why not? Just because he's made millions doesn't make he won't wanna make some more.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Yashin for President

Dont know if you would consider this a source but hockey insider says he could be there as early as thursday. I have him on twitter.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Yashin for President

GusTheo, right on. People might be a little pissed at him but at the end of the day all of us fans just want to win. A couple of nice goals and this stuff will be in the past. Visnosky will be loved at some point as long as he says the right things and produces.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Heh

My dear Isles fans:

Vis does not play anymore, Khl is going to honour the agreement with the Nhl. Until the end of June. What happens then...?
I think Vis became a good pawn for the Khl to scout the situation how far it could go...
And those personal reasons, well nobody really knows. It indeed could be his family. They were living in California and were used to living there. Then he was offered an extension with NTC but according to the old CBA the new contract and its clauses were to become valid once the old contract would be over. So he signed and Lombardi assured him that LAK wanted him to stay. So they bought a house in LA probably planning to stay there for good. Hours before the new contract validity he became traded to the northest NHL city: EDM. I bet he must have been furious. He asked for trade in EDM and got it - back to Cali to ANA. But, according to the old CBA, if a player asks for a trade and gets it, his NTC is voided. The acquiring club may as well as may not agree with NTC, thus making the NTC a POS. Vis negotiated something he in fact never got. So, he became traded to NYI, though he wanted to stay in Cali. He went to arbitration, which, according to the sh*tty CBA, he lost. Then came the lockout. He knew he could not stay in Cali and moved his family back home. He is beloved here.
So the whole issue has nothing to do with the Isles, he wanted to stay in Cali, where he was twice "legally" defrauded. The whole world outside the NA hoped the NHL would not have started this season, even better if several seasons. But, money decided and they made a new CBA. Even though they were spitting on you, the fans, for 4 months. I am not surprised Vis does not want to go to NA again. His situation is quite specific maybe that is the reason why he is the only one trying to avoid travelling there. These are the circumstances that might play their role and this list of things may not be complete. I think the situation is very complex and problematic for Vis himself. And I can somehow feel his retiring...

Heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:02 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
@ICEHockeyAgent
Lubomir Visnovsky said he looks forward to reporting to the NYI after tending to "personal reasons" which have kept him from reporting.

So does this mean that he has already tended to his "personal reasons" or is his agent saying it hasnt happened yet and he'll be here once he does?
It means the KHL caved to NHL pressure and told him he couldn't play there with a valid NHL contract. Which is best for both leagues, IMO. And he, rather than commit to the whole "family reasons" statement, decided to get paid by at least one league for the rest of the season.

He will report and collect his check. Hopefully, he also plays well enough to be a legit top 4 Dman.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Which is best for both leagues, IMO.
I don't see how it could be "best" for the KHL to lose a top-quality player like Lubo. The best for both leagues would clearly be if the NHL let Lubo finish his KHL season with Slovan first, then join the Isles in the NHL. That way, Lubo's play could enrich both the KHL and NHL.

To get a taste of KHL hockey, feel free to watch the highlights below. Slovan managed to win 4-3 on the road last night even without Lubo; both goal-tenders had off-nights, though.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:39 AM
IslesNorway

Yes, the KHL caved because they had to, not because of the NHL power but for the sake of "world peace". They have a letter of understanding and until a formal agreement is reached they must adhere to that. Visnovsky tried all he could to work around it but it seems he ultimately lost. He'll be free to return to Bratislava in the summer though as I think he will finish his career there.

An important point ihere is to how to avoid these kinds of situations in the future. The Sochi Olympics might be thorn in the side of NHL-KHL relations if the NHL decides not to participate, but all should thread carefully here as a "war" between the leagues is the last thing anyone wants.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I don't see how it could be "best" for the KHL to lose a top-quality player like Lubo. The best for both leagues would clearly be if the NHL let Lubo finish his KHL season with Slovan first, then join the Isles in the NHL. That way, Lubo's play could enrich both the KHL and NHL.

To get a taste of KHL hockey, feel free to watch the highlights below. Slovan managed to win 4-3 on the road last night even without Lubo; both goal-tenders had off-nights, though.
You guys should poach some Camera Men from the NHL.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Faterson

I thought the camera-work was superb and on a par with any NHL broadcast.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote