HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hall-Yakupov vs Seguin-Galchenyuk

View Poll Results: Which pair would you take on your team?
Hall-Yakupov 251 48.83%
Seguin-Galchenyuk 243 47.28%
Too close 20 3.89%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
The skate to his face cam as a result of him falling on his own. He was skating in warm-ups, fell, hit a player, they slid into the boards where another player tried to jump over them, and accidentally stepped on his face. It all started because Hall can't stay on his feet when he skates.

Please at least try to have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
I saw what happen. It was a ****ing fluke. Not because he couldn't stay on his feet. Accidents happen.

I guess if another player gets in that scenario, will you say they aren't aware?

Like others said, should Joe Sakic be more aware when using a snowblower? or Erik Johnson on a golf cart? Or what about Spezza hurting his back with Groceries?

You have no idea what you are talking about. At all.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:30 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
It would help if you did. Hall stepped on a puck. Ever played hockey before? Not exactly easy to stay up when you don't expect it.
I saw the video, I fail to see where he lifted his foot and stepped on the puck.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

I haven't seen one person provide reasoning on why they think Seguin>Hall, other then, "Lolz i watch them both I play and I know Seguin is better."

Skill wise they are virtually equal. Yes, Hall had a 2 freak accidents, but in the games he has played he has been just as good as Seguin, if not better. (scoring at better clip then Seguin).

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
I haven't seen one person provide reasoning on why they think Seguin>Hall, other then, "Lolz i watch them both I play and I know Seguin is better."

Skill wise they are virtually equal. Yes, Hall had a 2 freak accidents, but in the games he has played he has been just as good as Seguin, if not better. (scoring at better clip then Seguin).
uh they aren't freak accidents it's just Hall being not aware of his surroundings.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:

See:

Quote:
I think that generally stems from the fact that Seguin is a smarter, more aware player than Hall, whereas Hall plays more on a passionate aspect. That's NOT saying Seguin looks like he's floating and doesn't care, but what I mean is Hall is all energy, whereas Seguin is more cerebral.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
See:
Yes, but I see that as play style. Im saying skill wise you really cant say one is better then the other, when their stats are very close and similar.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
uh they aren't freak accidents it's just Hall being not aware of his surroundings.
Quote:
I saw what happen. It was a ****ing fluke. Not because he couldn't stay on his feet. Accidents happen.

I guess if another player gets in that scenario, will you say they aren't aware?

Like others said, should Joe Sakic be more aware when using a snowblower? or Erik Johnson on a golf cart? Or what about Spezza hurting his back with Groceries?

You have no idea what you are talking about. At all.
Wait, what? Before you said they were accidents, now its Hall not being aware?

Old
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Wait, what? Before you said they were accidents, now its Hall not being aware?
Sorry! forgot the Sarcasm icon.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Sorry! forgot the Sarcasm icon.
Man, I am awful at detecting sarcasm. My bad haha.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Yes, but I see that as play style. Im saying skill wise you really cant say one is better then the other, when their stats are very close and similar.
Then why haven't you asked for reasons why Hall is better from the people that chose him? Hall supporters also haven't provided any reasons why Hall is better other than "oh, he scored at a higher PPG rate last year". Yeah, cool, he would have scored 3 or 4 more points in a full season, MAYBE, IF he played a full season. On the other hand, he also could have gone on a cold streak and scored 3 or 4 points less than Seguin. You can't put the burden of proof on just one side, it has to go both ways. Don't expect anyone to provide reasons their argument is correct, if you don't provide reasons yours is.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Then why haven't you asked for reasons why Hall is better from the people that chose him? Hall supporters also haven't provided any reasons why Hall is better other than "oh, he scored at a higher PPG rate last year". Yeah, cool, he would have scored 3 or 4 more points in a full season, MAYBE, IF he played a full season. On the other hand, he also could have gone on a cold streak and scored 3 or 4 points less than Seguin. You can't put the burden of proof on just one side, it has to go both ways. Don't expect anyone to provide reasons their argument is correct, if you don't provide reasons yours is.
I agree at completely. Both sides are bad at this. To say one player is better then the other, whether it be Hall or Seguin, is perplexing to me. I understand style preference but skill wise its VERY difficult to say whos better.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:09 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
I agree at completely. Both sides are bad at this. To say one player is better then the other, whether it be Hall or Seguin, is perplexing to me. I understand style preference but skill wise its VERY difficult to say whos better.
And I've stated that I agree that they're essentially even at this point in this thread. I just personally prefer a more cerebral style. I'm probably not the right guy to ask for arguments from.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
And I've stated that I agree that they're essentially even at this point in this thread. I just personally prefer a more cerebral style. I'm probably not the right guy to ask for arguments from.
I guess we're in agreement then over their skill. An HF first?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
I guess we're in agreement then over their skill. An HF first?
At least a first in the Taylor vs. Tyler debate haha

Old
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
frag2

Quote:
The skate to his face cam as a result of him falling on his own. He was skating in warm-ups, fell, hit a player, they slid into the boards where another player tried to jump over them, and accidentally stepped on his face. It all started because Hall can't stay on his feet when he skates.

Please at least try to have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Maybe Potter shouldve been more aware and NOT jumped.

Your post is idiotic. Freak injuries happen. I await HF's response if a freak injury happens to Seguin and hope that the consensus is he's now injury prone. If not, all you are bunch of hypocrites

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
frag2

Quote:
Hall is a consistent threat throughout the season. Sequin isn't. Go check all the threads breaking them down. The moment Sequin was given more minutes [and ergo, more responsibility], his game floundered and he slowed down dramatically. Hall may not have had a better starting pace than Sequin but he kept it throughout the season [and scored better]. Sequin slowed down significantly

I'm not going to do the math for you. Wheatking has done numerous breakdowns in the past.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Sure because Height/weight is the only thing that matters in hockey.
Not sure about your comment. I mentioned that my analysis of each duo's respective talents kind of put both on the same level. Size was only useful to decide between two otherwise similarly (but differently) talented duos.

As a Habs fan, it seems a bit ironic to hear a comment like this, as we've always been told that our team is much too small. Now that our greatest prospect in a long while has a bit of size, it shouldn't be considered a definite asset?

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Maybe Potter shouldve been more aware and NOT jumped.

Your post is idiotic. Freak injuries happen. I await HF's response if a freak injury happens to Seguin and hope that the consensus is he's now injury prone. If not, all you are bunch of hypocrites
Markov's problems started with a freak injury as well just so you know.

2010-2011: Taylor Hall injures his ankle... if he was smarter, he wouldn't have gotten into a fight. He played 65 games.
2011-2012: Shoulder injury... that's been a problem for him and has nothing freak about it. He only played 61 games and the skate to face didn't cause him to miss any significant amount of time (missed 1 game I believe).

There is a difference between one injury and repetitive injuries.

Hall needs to learn to be smarter...
Last week
Quote:
That didn’t take long. Hours after arriving in Edmonton, eager to suit up again for the Oilers, oft-injured forward Taylor Hall found himself bloodied once more – after bumping heads with teammate Jordan Eberle.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7053165/

Nicko999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

WTF?

Are people actually arguing that stepping on a puck / getting your face stomped on and bumping your head with someone is an indication that you're reckless?

C'mon guys. There's better examples from his career that you can use.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:44 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Markov's problems started with a freak injury as well just so you know.

2010-2011: Taylor Hall injures his ankle... if he was smarter, he wouldn't have gotten into a fight. He played 65 games.
2011-2012: Shoulder injury... that's been a problem for him and has nothing freak about it. He only played 61 games and the skate to face didn't cause him to miss any significant amount of time (missed 1 game I believe).

There is a difference between one injury and repetitive injuries.

Hall needs to learn to be smarter...
Last week

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7053165/
Ankle - its part of the game. He fought. Lost and fell awkwardly. It's now fixed.

Shoulder - I'm guessing someone like you probably wouldn't know how and when it was hurt anyway. The fact that he played the game as well as he did and for this long amazes me.

He's had some bad luck with injuries [though the shoulder has been for years but you wouldn't know] but he's not DiPietro.

Like I said, I await the moment Seguin gets injured by a freak accident and HF rationalizing it. If he's not injury prone the moment that happens, then you're all hypocrites.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
I saw the video, I fail to see where he lifted his foot and stepped on the puck.
Type Hall injury into YouTube and go to the first video... Very clearly steps on a puck...

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:09 AM
MastuhNinks

The more productive player in Hall is worse because he stepped on a puck once.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:10 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Looking for the Hall-Galchenyuk option...nope don't see it. Reluctantly choose Seguin-Galchenyuk, but I really really like what Hall brings to the table.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Joey Moss

Why am I not suprised that the Oilers duo is losing? It doesn't matter if people think Seguin over Hall because the difference between them is nothing close to the difference between Yakupov and Galchenyuk. My god..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:29 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Why am I not suprised that the Oilers duo is losing? It doesn't matter if people think Seguin over Hall because the difference between them is nothing close to the difference between Yakupov and Galchenyuk. My god..
Relax bud, take another stab at reading the question. Perhaps there's a team looking to shore up its top 2 centre spots for years to come. Or maybe a team wants 2 elite wingers to fill in their lineup. The answer will change from voter to voter depending on what they would like their team to do if it was possible.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote