HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
I am guessing that Booth and kesler will return at the same time! Both healthy and ready to go.
Lets hope Booth returns and actually gives us something unlike last year when he returned and was brutal through to the end of the season.

And it will be about 10 months since he last played, was clearly not in shape to start this season since he was injured in testing. Dont expect much from this clown.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:10 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Lets hope Booth returns and actually gives us something unlike last year when he returned and was brutal through to the end of the season.

And it will be about 10 months since he last played, was clearly not in shape to start this season since I was injured in testing. Dont expect much from this clown.
The whole team except for a handful of players, were brutal for the whole second half of the season. It's pretty clear your hatred for Booth gets in the way of what you say.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
The whole team except for a handful of players, were brutal for the whole second half of the season. It's pretty clear your hatred for Booth gets in the way of what you say.
....the two goalies carried the team.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:27 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
....the two goalies carried the team.
Yeah and I include them in those handful of players...

Old
01-16-2013, 12:29 AM
vector209

You can't blame fans for being down on players that don't contribute to winning in any way. Nothing NugentHopkins said is false. Booth got the benefit of the doubt last year after his injury, where fans kept saying 'wait till he comes back, give him a chance'. He got a chance all right: he got a chance to further drag down that second line.

I know being a Canucks fan is hard, where one has to constantly ignore the past because it's just mired with misery, but sometimes you need to study the past to avoid making the same mistakes in the future. This guy just isn't a good player anymore, and this was made evident last year more times than not.

I'm sick and tired of fans who bash fans--that bash the players--due to some misguided notion that you should support any Canuck unconditionally. I support the team, first and foremost, not a name on the back of the jersey. If player x isn't producing, then he's hurting the team, and he needs to go.

This team can't score. Booth was brought in to do that, but he doesn't even do that very well because he's either injured or completely useless out there. How many more playoff losses where the team is exposed as being offensively anemic do people need to endure before they change their tune?

Old
01-16-2013, 12:35 AM
timw33

Don't get the Booth hate right now, we're going to miss having him out. We need all hands on deck and we're going in with 2 of the 5 legit top 6 guys out for first month of the season.

We can't start slow out of the gates. A bad stretch and we're pretty much toast in a short season.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:39 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Where was all the Booth hate before we just found out he got injured? Really now...

Old
01-16-2013, 12:41 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector209 View Post
You can't blame fans for being down on players that don't contribute to winning in any way. Nothing NugentHopkins said is false. Booth got the benefit of the doubt last year after his injury, where fans kept saying 'wait till he comes back, give him a chance'. He got a chance all right: he got a chance to further drag down that second line.

I know being a Canucks fan is hard, where one has to constantly ignore the past because it's just mired with misery, but sometimes you need to study the past to avoid making the same mistakes in the future. This guy just isn't a good player anymore, and this was made evident last year more times than not.

I'm sick and tired of fans who bash fans--that bash the players--due to some misguided notion that you should support any Canuck unconditionally. I support the team, first and foremost, not a name on the back of the jersey. If player x isn't producing, then he's hurting the team, and he needs to go.

This team can't score. Booth was brought in to do that, but he doesn't even do that very well because he's either injured or completely useless out there. How many more playoff losses where the team is exposed as being offensively anemic do people need to endure before they change their tune?
He got 16 goals in 56 games for us last year. That's a pace of 23 goals/82 games, which would put him in the top 90 forwards league wide for that stat. Only our fans would complain about a guy who scores at a first line pace not scoring enough to be a complimentary piece on our 2nd line

Last edited by StringerBell: 01-16-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Pretty sure most of the Booth hate comes from his personal beliefs (not widely popular in Vancouver) and it bleeds over to his hockey life.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Tiranis

There's a reason Kesler is considered one of the best 2nd line centers in the league. You don't generally get that type of quality on the 2nd line. But no, people expect his wingers to be as good... Madness. Booth is more than good enough to be a 2nd liner on probably 25 of 30 NHL teams.

These same people would probably drool over having Ryan Callahan on this team. Yet in terms of actual results and advanced stats, there's actually not that much difference between the two. (Certainly not enough of a gap to declare one worthless.)

Old
01-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Zarpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post

And it will be about 10 months since he last played, was clearly not in shape to start this season since he was injured in testing. Dont expect much from this clown.
Booth has a reputation as a fitness freak. He was reportedly in very good shape (as always), but may have overtrained.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
Booth has a reputation as a fitness freak. He was reportedly in very good shape (as always), but may have overtrained.
Pure speculation but that might be the cause of his injury. Sometimes when someone is so used to being fit, when they are out of shape they forget they cannot do things they usually can.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
mriswith

I am amazed that Booth is the current lightning rod for that line. We literally don't have another winger for that line (Raymond again? Flip a coin that one of our prospects will take a big step in development?), and Kesler has been out of form since the cup run. Meanwhile, Booth scored a good clip last year (especially given his linemates).

Kesler should be drawing more of this criticism for coming back too early and becoming too enamored with his shot. I'd like to see more of the 25/50 Kesler and less of the 40/30 Kesler (style-wise, obviously, since I don't expect Kesler to touch 40 ever again).

Old
01-16-2013, 01:07 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
Kesler should be drawing more of this criticism for coming back too early and becoming too enamored with his shot. I'd like to see more of the 25/50 Kesler and less of the 40/30 Kesler.
yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

Thank you.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Last season, I wish AV would've gone back to the american express line after Booth and Higgins were healthy again. That whole line was producing.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:50 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
There's a reason Kesler is considered one of the best 2nd line centers in the league. You don't generally get that type of quality on the 2nd line. But no, people expect his wingers to be as good... Madness. Booth is more than good enough to be a 2nd liner on probably 25 of 30 NHL teams.
This so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
I am amazed that Booth is the current lightning rod for that line. We literally don't have another winger for that line (Raymond again? Flip a coin that one of our prospects will take a big step in development?), and Kesler has been out of form since the cup run. Meanwhile, Booth scored a good clip last year (especially given his linemates).

Kesler should be drawing more of this criticism for coming back too early and becoming too enamored with his shot. I'd like to see more of the 25/50 Kesler and less of the 40/30 Kesler (style-wise, obviously, since I don't expect Kesler to touch 40 ever again).
Agreed.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:03 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
He got 16 goals in 56 games for us last year. That's a pace of 23 goals/82 games, which would put him in the top 90 forwards league wide for that stat. Only our fans would complain about a guy who scores at a first line pace not scoring enough to be a complimentary piece on our 2nd line
50 goals or less or you're garbage, apparently. The Booth hate is so stupid, I can't even understand it.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:25 AM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
HE SKATES WITH HIS HEAD DOWN AND HE ISNT A SMART PLAYER

*gets angry that the sedins didn't produce in a series*

Old
01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
sunnyvale420

Booth just couldnt of had a worse time time to get injured. Hamhuis will have to pray twice as long each night to get Booth healed in time.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:33 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvale420 View Post
Booth just couldnt of had a worse time time to get injured. Hamhuis will have to pray twice as long each night to get Booth healed in time.
Can't Manny pray with him?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:01 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/01...ns-up-injured/

Old
01-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Reading that only convinces me that Booth would be a serial killer if he wasnt a hockey player.

Hes definitely drumming to a different tune.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Reading that only convinces me that Booth would be a serial killer if he wasnt a hockey player.

Hes definitely drumming to a different tune.
Reading that also confirms to me that Botchford is is a moron, yet again.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
Reading that also confirms to me that Botchford is is a moron, yet again.
Yup. What a freaking tool

Old
01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
My favourite headline from that link: "Highly-anticipated first weekend of roster moves results in… Cam Barker and Jim Vandermeer"

Lol

Closed Thread