HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Also Markov has always been good in shootout, this year we could actualy get some points out of shootout.
The bafflingly unstoppable 5-hole backhander from 15 feet out. Man, I've missed Markov.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Honestly, I see him scoring the first goal of the season for the Habs this Saturday on Reimer
Reimer, lol, I might aswell go try it myself

Old
01-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
The bafflingly unstoppable 5-hole backhander from 15 feet out. Man, I've missed Markov.
The ability to baffle is the strength of Markov's game. When Komiserek's Leafs
asked him for advise on playing the Habs, he said " never look at Markov's eyes ".

Old
01-16-2013, 02:05 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Gally to himself after owning Price: "Damn im good"

Old
01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
I thought that was Grigorenko at first, he scored the same exact shootout goal today

Grigorenko's was smoother but Galch's was just nastier and a little more complex.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Nobody talks about Eller in this camp, while everybody should. Just going to say this: he's much stronger and it will change his game quite a bit. He can take his place at center full time now and that's a big step for him, next step will be to contribute offensively and that will depend on his surroundings. A good competition between Gal and Bourque will help Eller a lot. I wish they would give a chance to Gallagher on the RW...Id rather have White sitting in the stands...

Maxpac-Desharnais-Cole
Galchenyuk-Pleks-Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Armstrong - Moen

Yes...I want scoring pressure up the lineup more than 2 defensive lines...because we mostly lost last year by a bunch of 1 goal games due to very sad winger performance(that also had a big effect on Pleks). Bourque and Gionta need to be a lot more accountable and feel the pressure constantly from the young guns.
I don't think Gallagher's quite ready but I really like the idea of 3 scoring lines. I think it should be our MO for the next few years especially with the wealth of solid scoring forward prospects coming up in our ranks soon.

Eller's one of my favourite players. Really looking forward to see how much he can elevate his game this year.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:44 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Can't wait to see him on the habs!

Old
01-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Grigorenko's was smoother but Galch's was just nastier and a little more complex.
much...MUCH nastier...in fact, grigorenkos one doesnt even impress me! the authority with which gally did it was just scary

Old
01-16-2013, 04:38 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
much...MUCH nastier...in fact, grigorenkos one doesnt even impress me! the authority with which gally did it was just scary
Yup. Galchenyuk's one (the first one we saw on Budaj) has all those shoulder fakes and he does that heel thing twice (don't know what to call it but it's when he sticks his heel out to slow down and switch directions) first with the right foot then the left. It's an amazing sequence of moves when you break it down.

I like seeing these two vids together because some were saying that Grigorenko was more skilled than Galchenyuk but Galch was just better all around.

When I see these two vids side by side and even from what I've seen from both players in game situations. I think Galch is the better stickhandler. Grigorenko's hands really smooth and effortless but Galch just has that extra oomph in his stickhandling.

I'm really trying to be unbiased but some of the stuff that Galch pulls off is some of the most amazing stick handling I've ever seen at any level. Am I wrong?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:37 AM
SOLR

Quote:

I'm really trying to be unbiased but some of the stuff that Galch pulls off is some of the most amazing stick handling I've ever seen at any level. Am I wrong?
I have seen them both a fair bit and it's really hard to judge from 2 Youtube videos. I would say they have equal stick handling. Galchenyuk got more compete and a better shot while Grigo is a little bigger and faster, don't be too surprised if Grigo steals Hodgson first line duty at some point this year if he makes the Sabres. (This talks more about Hodgson than Grigo...) Grigorenko was just the perfect player for the Sabres to get and the Sabres will make him look like a great pick because they have good wingers. I'll also venture to say that Grigo can play center in the NHL faster than Galchenyuk can because he can "brute force" it, this however is not a prediction of who is going to have the best career at all.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Yup. Galchenyuk's one (the first one we saw on Budaj) has all those shoulder fakes and he does that heel thing twice (don't know what to call it but it's when he sticks his heel out to slow down and switch directions) first with the right foot then the left. It's an amazing sequence of moves when you break it down.

I like seeing these two vids together because some were saying that Grigorenko was more skilled than Galchenyuk but Galch was just better all around.

When I see these two vids side by side and even from what I've seen from both players in game situations. I think Galch is the better stickhandler. Grigorenko's hands really smooth and effortless but Galch just has that extra oomph in his stickhandling.

Grigorenko's stick handling is excellent, and just beautiful to watch. However, when I watch Galchenyuk, I have more moments where I have to stop the clip, and rewind a couple times, even if it's not as "pretty." I think it's not as pretty because it doesn't immediately seem like he should be able to do what he just did. There just doesn't seem to be enough space to pull off some the moves he pulls off.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Ginu

I want to see Gally do his bow and arrow celebration towards Price, PK jump through the air to try to take the arrow, and Price fall over when he's hit with said arrow #epiccelebration

Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Can we stop comparing Grigo and Gally? Come on....Both will be very good players in this league and if anything, it's almost every team that picked after us that should kick themselves in the ass for passing on Grigo.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Jsweenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post

Can't wait to see him on the habs!
love the wait and shoot from the boards at 1:03. Kovy anyone?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:04 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Price about Galchenyuk:
«Il a de très bonnes mains et un bon lancer, a constaté Price. Son style de patin a quelque chose de très russe, ses jambes sont très puissantes. C'est un joueur offensif talentueux.»

Am I the only one who sees Galchenyuk as a Russian more than an American ?
What the hell does that mean?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
he like to drop down as he's skating, kick his heels out and back, alternating legs as he does it with his arms crossed and a fur hat on his head

Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
He definitely looks like Hossa when he skates. It's not Russian but rather European without the sofff part like Therrien would say.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:04 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
he like to drop down as he's skating, kick his heels out and back, alternating legs as he does it with his arms crossed and a fur hat on his head
lmao

Old
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Dharvey33

Probably smooth skating a la Bure i don't know Russian are more fluid when they skate than the canadiens.

Seriously he has nothing left to prove in the juniors plus the sting without Murphy have lost pretty much all hopes for the title so he should stay in mtl for this shortened season and then who knows he just might win the calder he has the tools.

I'm considering taking him in my fantasy league with a salary cap could be my Erik Karlsson of last year damn what a pick it was.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can we stop comparing Grigo and Gally? Come on....Both will be very good players in this league and if anything, it's almost every team that picked after us that should kick themselves in the ass for passing on Grigo.
It's only natural to compare the two. I compared the two because I kept hearing that grigs was significantly more skilled than galchenyuk. I've seen more of grigs but I think they're pretty equal all around.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...791/story.html

Quote:
The name of Alex Galchenyuk is on everyone’s lips in this town. There’s a great upside here. You’ve seen him in Sarnia, at your camp, you’re getting a good, hard look at this kid. … Do you see him being with you Saturday against the Maple Leafs?

(Laughs) I’ll be able to tell you that Saturday morning. Honestly, we go day by day. When he first reported, at the front door of this building, I told the staff, “Text me as soon as he gets in. I want to be one of the first guys to sit down with him.” That was formal!

He still had his jacket on when I said, “You come in here, kid!” The thing I was telling him was, “There’s no pressure. Just go out there, have fun.”

I realized that all young kids from 5, 6 years old dream of their first training camp. It’s special. He’s a good player. A special player. He’s got speed, quick hands, great ability with the puck. He’s got decent size, too, for an 18-year-old. … At the end of the day, we’re going to decide what’s going to be the best for him, we don’t want him to waste his time. He’s still developing, he’ll develop the next few years, we have to focus on that.

There will be a decision that’s made that’s the best for Alex Galchenyuk and the Montreal Canadiens. … In a situation like this, it goes case by case. No two guys are the same.

You’ve got to realize, they need to play. It’s going to give us nothing if we decide to keep Alex here and not play him. If we decide to keep the kid, we’re going to need to find him some ice time. … I wish I had exhibition games to evaluate (him).

Old
01-16-2013, 09:18 PM
GalHabsGal

Anti-Chambre news

Michel Therrier just said that Gally will play left wing for the first period and center for the second period!

Old
01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
baldrick

Uck - fourth line

Old
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Uck - fourth line
He was talking about the scrimmage match tomorrow.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This...I like Grigo and wanted the habs to pick him. Closer the draft came, watched a couple of clips and started to really like Galchenyuk. I must admit, I really like this pick.
I was so sure that Grigo was going to be picked in the top 4. Grigo is a great pick for Buffalo.

Closed Thread