HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Training Camp 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 07:44 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Whatever the lineup one vast improvement should be our bottom six. Not only do we have more sandpaper but I think overall skill.

I hope we are DONE with putting a Dman like Weber on our 4th line, that drove absolutely insane when Cunneyworth or Martin did that!!

Old
01-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Whatever the lineup one vast improvement should be our bottom six. Not only do we have more sandpaper but I think overall skill.

I hope we are DONE with putting a Dman like Weber on our 4th line, that drove absolutely insane when Cunneyworth or Martin did that!!
This goes a long way. A bottom 6 of actual NHL role players is something this team has been missing since 07-08

Old
01-16-2013, 07:55 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

We have a lot of guys in our bottom 6 who can play on the PK too which will help limit Plekanec's time on the PK and keep him fresher at the end of the year.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
This goes a long way. A bottom 6 of actual NHL role players is something this team has been missing since 07-08
The bottom 6 would have been strong last year but a lot of them got hurt(Moen White Darche all missed significant time) and some had to move into the top 6 woth injuries(Gionta Cammy) or trades(Cammy AK).

Last year's lineuo should ahve been...

Cammalleri(38)-Plekanec(81)-Gionta(31)
Cole(82)-Desharnais(81)-Pacioretty(79)
Kostitsyn(53)-Gomez(38)-Darche(61)
Moen(48)-Eller(79)-White(20)
Nokelainen(51)

You can make a pretty solid bottom 6 with whoever wasn't top 6 if they stayed mostly healthy all yaer.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
otto bond

Am I the only one who thinks that Tinordi has a chance to make the team? We need sandpaper on the back end and he brings that. It's a good thing to have PMD but that seems to be all we have there. One hting is for sure, we need 8 Dman(not all with the team) for the corse of a season.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:06 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Tinordi has a chance to make the team? We need sandpaper on the back end and he brings that. It's a good thing to have PMD but that seems to be all we have there. One hting is for sure, we need 8 Dman(not all with the team) for the corse of a season.
If he had a chance he would've likely been practicing with one of our NHL regulars, he's been practicing with Weber who looks like he'll be a #7/8 defenseman this year so I doubt we'll see Tinordi which would be the right move since there is no need to rush him.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:07 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
With the glut of players back there I don't see him making it out of camp but likely will get a callup at some point.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think he'll start/go back AHL but if they think he is close he may get a quick call up if they feel they need that 6'7" presence back there against bigger teams like NYR OTT etc

Old
01-16-2013, 08:09 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Let's rank our dmen in order of quality:

1) Subban
2) Gorges
3) Markov
4) Emelin
5) Kaberle
6) Bouillon
7) Diaz
8) Weber

However, if Bergevin maintains his refusal to give Subban his due, and if Weber gets sent down to Hamilton, Tinordi could be the 7th dman. The Habs are also likely to lose some dmen to injury in the first few games, it happens all the time.

Frederic St-Denis also in the cards. I don't see the big deal, but a lot of people like him.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:10 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Too many players with one-way contracts there right now, but if Subban isn't signed yet and someone gets injured I could see him getting called up.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Are the Habs really planning on using Prust at center? Or is this just because Plekanec hasn't been able to practice?

I'd love to see a 4th line of Prust-White-Armstrong

Old
01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

1) Subban
2) Gorges
3) Markov
4) Emelin
5) Kaberle
6) Bouillon
7) Diaz
8) Weber

However, if Bergevin maintains his refusal to give Subban his due, and if Weber gets sent down to Hamilton, Tinordi could be the 7th dman. The Habs are also likely to lose some dmen to injury in the first few games, it happens all the time.

Frederic St-Denis also in the cards. I don't see the big deal, but a lot of people like him.
Weber can't go to Hamilton, they'd have to expose him to waivers and probably lose him for nothing.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:16 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Weber can't go to Hamilton, they'd have to expose him to waivers and probably lose him for nothing.
I don't see that as a huge concern.

Weber is from the 2007 draft class, the same draft class as Eller, McDonagh, Pacioretty, and Subban.

If he can't make the starting roster of the 3rd worst team in the NHL FIVE years after being drafted, put him on waivers. I don't think anybody will want him. If somebody takes him, good for them, but I doubt it.

Weber needs to deserve to be on the team at this point.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Are the Habs really planning on using Prust at center? Or is this just because Plekanec hasn't been able to practice?

I think it's just for flexibility with Plekanec and Nokelainen out.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Milosch

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

I read somewhere that Therrien wants to try Prust at center to atleast start the year. Prust says he hasnt played center since his days in juniors, but he enjoys it and is excited to put in the extra work. I will look for the article.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:19 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
He's been really good, no doubt. But I don't think there is space for him in the lineup at the moment. At best he would be a supernumerary. I'd rather have him play in the top lineup of Hamilton until we can pencil him into a permanent position.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Weber is from the 2007 draft class, the same draft class as Eller, McDonagh, Pacioretty, and Subban.

If he can't make the starting roster of the 3rd worst team in the NHL FIVE years after being drafted, put him on waivers. I don't think anybody will want him. If somebody takes him, good for them, but I doubt it.

It's also about asset management though. Better to keep him on the roster as 23rd player and trade him for a 3rd or 4th in a month than waive him and lose him for nothing.

Defensemen take longer to develop, a guy like Beauchemin was given away and lost on waivers before he finally broke through. There are tons of other examples.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:31 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's also about asset management though. Better to keep him on the roster as 23rd player and trade him for a 3rd or 4th in a month than waive him and lose him for nothing.

Defensemen take longer to develop, a guy like Beauchemin was given away and lost on waivers before he finally broke through. There are tons of other examples.
You're right, I guess it has to come down to whether or not Weber looks better this year in training camp.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:44 AM
SOLR

Quote:

1) Subban
2) Gorges
3) Markov
4) Emelin
5) Kaberle
6) Bouillon
7) Diaz
8) Weber

More like:

1) Markov

2) Subban
3) Gorges

4) Kaberle

5) Diaz
6) Emelin

7) Bouillon
8) St-Denis
9) Tinordi
10) Weber

Contracts dictate 7-8-9-10 more than actual play/value. I understand why Bergevin is keeping 10 NHL-capable Ds in a shortened season, but expect Bouillon-Weber to go be out next year as St-Denis and Tinordi will dominate them, while Beaulieu enters the conversation.

Value does not equal play, PK Subban is not better than a healthy Markov(including the leadership effects) over the length of a season just yet.

Last edited by SOLR: 01-16-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Tinordi has played well in camp but I still would send him down and play out the year in Hamilton, no need for him here and he can use the minutes with the Dogs

Old
01-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:

Hickey, also drafted in 2007 and who has 0 nhl experience (unlike Weber's 109 games) was just picked up on waivers. I don't see why Weber is unlikely to be picked up. He's a nice project.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Gally11

I still consider Markov our #1 as he's had a larger impact on Habs success within lineup than Subban has been able to have so far (because of his age clearly). If Subban outplays Markov this year then you can bump him but they've barely played at the same time. Markov brings a lot of intangibles as well as on ice production (which he hopefully still has).

I also think Markov will help mature Subban, he seems to have Subban's respect

Old
01-16-2013, 08:57 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
Watching Bourque do interviews on Habs TV and I really hope we dump this loser. He acts like he doesn't give two **** about hockey anymore he's lazy on the ice and his answers are even more lazier. I think he has has caught Wellwood syndrome he's only playing hockey for the money now.
You want to dump someone because of his interviews? Man, if I was playing with the Habs, I'd have so much fun with the media and the fans.

I'd ask Bergevin to come get me in the middle of practice, shake my hand and leave to the lockerroom.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Gally11

Pat Hickey ‏@zababes1
#habs working on power play. Galchenyuk, Cole nd Pleky up front, Markov and Kaberle at the points.

Interesting PP line (assuming Kabs is replacing Subban)

Old
01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Hickey, also drafted in 2007 and who has 0 nhl experience (unlike Weber's 109 games) was just picked up on waivers. I don't see why Weber is unlikely to be picked up. He's a nice project.
Hickey was a 1st round pick and the Islanders are a Mickey Mouse organization. I suspect his 1st rounder status is where the attraction was for the Islanders.

Weber could possibly be claimed but I don't think that the Hickey comparison holds any water.

Closed Thread