HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Training Camp Sun Jan 13 - Fri Jan 18

Old
01-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I watched the Leino and Ott interviews. They got to the point where I was saying to myself, "Alright media, let's ask something other than a Grigorenko-related question." I get that they're his linemates, but Christ on a bike. I was waiting for one of the media to say, "C'mon, annoint him a superstar right now. Please? Pretty please?"
Right, I was cringing a bit, but luckily these guys really do seem to like Grigorenko, like playing with him, and want him to make the team, so they're not put out by it all yet. Leino and Ott are two guys who have as many interesting questions to be asked of as anyone, yet they're getting 90% Grigorenko questions. It's tiresome.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
I watched the Leino and Ott interviews. They got to the point where I was saying to myself, "Alright media, let's ask something other than a Grigorenko-related question." I get that they're his linemates, but Christ on a bike. I was waiting for one of the media to say, "C'mon, annoint him a superstar right now. Please? Pretty please?"
Yeah.... McCormick was on WGR this morning and all I heard was Grigorenko questions then as well

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
OkimLom

And this is why The Hockey Gods doesn't want us to have nice things...The media to too distracted by the new toy to really bother pay attention to the rest of the team...

I can see the media here treating Grigs like Crosby is treated by NBC.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Yeah.... McCormick was on WGR this morning and all I heard was Grigorenko questions then as well
When was McCormick on? I know Roby and Hodgson were on Simon this morning (listening to Hodgson now).

Old
01-16-2013, 08:09 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Yikes. Who is doing the audio for these reports. I thought the first day was just a bad day, but now subsequent reports are just as bad. Almost unintelligible.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Four bucks round trip is still less than 6-10 dollars to park for the day.
I paid 5 to park till 6 AM on Monday. The ramp was gonna be hell. Initially I thought the lots a few blocks over were part of FNC. oh well. Anyway, I'll post updates if none of you can make it.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
At least someone ask him about how his injury is progressing, right? Criminy.

01-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Yikes. Who is doing the audio for these reports. I thought the first day was just a bad day, but now subsequent reports are just as bad. Almost unintelligible.
Agreed. Not sure what's going on but audio is dog poo every day.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:01 AM

I am getting sick of hearing about Grigorenko on the radio already.

How many times can they ask the same questions?

I am not from Buffalo but man do they seem like awful media/reporters.

Mind you Montreal has probably been worse with Galchenyuk

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
When was McCormick on? I know Roby and Hodgson were on Simon this morning (listening to Hodgson now).
I was listening around 8:45am.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
I was listening around 8:45am.
Guess WGR isn't going to add the audio

Old
01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
shaner89

Hey guys, Leaf fan here. Ya i know, sucks. lol

Just curious as to how Brennen is playing and his chances at making the team? The kid is having a monster year in the AHL.

Thanks

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Quote:
Right, I was cringing a bit, but luckily these guys really do seem to like Grigorenko, like playing with him, and want him to make the team, so they're not put out by it all yet. Leino and Ott are two guys who have as many interesting questions to be asked of as anyone, yet they're getting 90% Grigorenko questions. It's tiresome.
Well, isn't Grigorenko what everyone wants to talk about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
At least someone ask him about how his injury is progressing, right? Criminy.
Or what it is exactly? A finger injury from last January or February is all we know.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Note: OP Additions - A/V

01.16 Mike Robitaille speaks with the Howard Simon Show on WGR. <16:12>

01.16 Cody Hodgson speaks with the Howard Simon Show on WGR. <8:52>

Quote:
Guess WGR isn't going to add the audio
They didn't add Leopold's impromptu HH interview from yesterday either.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
If you remember it was the same thing with Myers. All the time through Myers dominating preseason games and the first 9 games of the season the media was asking, "are you going to keep him?"

R and R were playing coy the entire time.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
And this is why The Hockey Gods doesn't want us to have nice things...The media to too distracted by the new toy to really bother pay attention to the rest of the team...

I can see the media here treating Grigs like Crosby is treated by NBC.
You had to love the multiple Crosby press conferences and headlines that announced: Crosby not cleared to practice yet.

I call that non-news.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post

Just curious as to how Brennen is playing and his chances at making the team? The kid is having a monster year in the AHL.

Thanks
His chances aren't great in that we have 9 guys on defense who are legitimate NHL players, as well as 3 extra forwards (assuming Grigorenko stays). I do think the team will carry 2 defensemen. One of the main things in favor of keeping him (rather, not reassigning him) is that he would almost certainly not pass waivers. Comments from the GM indicate they'd prefer to trade defensemen rather than expose them to waivers. So on that front, Brennan's chances to either stick or be traded are perhaps elevated.

Evaluating strictly from his play, I think he has a decent chance of staying but there are strong arguments in favor and against the bubble players: Pardy, Weber, Brennan. Sulzer can also be considered a bubble player but he has the inside track to start the season as the 6th defenseman considering his chemistry and current pairing with Ehrhoff and the fact they liked his play after the deadline trade enough to re-up him to a decent contract this offseason.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

FYI Bakes is up in the next segment of HH.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Agreed. Not sure what's going on but audio is dog poo every day.
Tweet Kevin Snow about it. He's pretty proactive and would likely look into the issue, if he hasn't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post

Thanks
Quote:
His chances aren't great in that we have 9 guys on defense who are legitimate NHL players, as well as 3 extra forwards (assuming Grigorenko stays). I do think the team will carry 2 defensemen. One of the main things in favor of keeping him (rather, not reassigning him) is that he would almost certainly not pass waivers. Comments from the GM indicate they'd prefer to trade defensemen rather than expose them to waivers. So on that front, Brennan's chances to either stick or be traded are perhaps elevated.

Evaluating strictly from his play, I think he has a decent chance of staying but there are strong arguments in favor and against the bubble players: Pardy, Weber, Brennan. Sulzer can also be considered a bubble player but he has the inside track to start the season as the 6th defenseman considering his chemistry and current pairing with Ehrhoff and the fact they liked his play after the deadline trade enough to re-up him to a decent contract this offseason.
RP summed it up pretty well. For now, I'd just keep on eye on what Buffalo does on the blueline. If they trade one of Weber or Pardy, they're likely keeping Brennan on the roster. The same is true if they try to send down Pardy and he clears or is plucked off waivers.

Brennan, if he sticks in Buffalo, will almost certainly be in the press box more times than not in the early going. Sulzer has the inside track on the #6 spot, as RP stated. But there may be instances where Ruff plays seven defensemen and uses Brennan almost exclusively on the PP and for offensive-zone starts. If he performs early, he may have an opportunity to get playing time, and I'd have to imagine he could put up a few points.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
RP summed it up pretty well. For now, I'd just keep on eye on what Buffalo does on the blueline. If they trade one of Weber or Pardy, they're likely keeping Brennan on the roster. The same is true if they try to send down Pardy and he clears or is plucked off waivers.

Brennan, if he sticks in Buffalo, will almost certainly be in the press box more times than not in the early going. Sulzer has the inside track on the #6 spot, as RP stated. But there may be instances where Ruff plays seven defensemen and uses Brennan almost exclusively on the PP and for offensive-zone starts. If he performs early, he may have an opportunity to get playing time, and I'd have to imagine he could put up a few points.
Another thing in favor of Brennan: Ruff played Gragnani

Old
01-16-2013, 09:54 AM
BloFan4Life

Quote:
Another thing in favor of Brennan: Ruff played Gragnani
Brennan is a lot better than Gragnani.

BloFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
Brennan is a lot better than Gragnani.
Right, that's what I'm saying.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I am getting sick of hearing about Grigorenko on the radio already.

How many times can they ask the same questions?

I am not from Buffalo but man do they seem like awful media/reporters.

Mind you Montreal has probably been worse with Galchenyuk
It's basically, how to insert Galchenyuk in any question, to any player, on any issue...

What does Galchenyuk think of your injury?
Did you know Galchenyuk was once also injured in Juniors?...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Some brilliant ******* just tweeted @ HH while Snow was on about the audio problems. He said it's the audio pick-up in the camera and they're getting a new one soon.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Tweet Kevin Snow about it. He's pretty proactive and would likely look into the issue, if he hasn't already.

"All fixed," Kevin Snow

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote