HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our team right now (lineups etc).

Old
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
Caputo?

I swore off 97.1 for hockey two years ago when Valenti spent a show discussing the relative merit of trading Datsyuk just to "shake things up".
No I really don't like Caputo because he just doesn't make any sense... ever.

I can't stand when Valenti and Foster try to talk hockey, they are literally wrong on everything.

Carsh and the Gator are my favorite because they at least know a little but about hockey and they seem like the only ones excited for the season. Like when the Gator talked in the summer about how the Wings should sign Rosival after they lost out on Suter. I know he doesn't know everything about hockey but at least he follows it and actually has thoughtful insight.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:55 PM
HeHateMeFrisbee

Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
They got a decent shot at finish in the last 8th spot or so imo
Oh the last 8th spot? Not the first? Cool.

HeHateMeFrisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Puckgenius*

Are the wings a better team with Dats and Z on the same line and Flip centering the 2nd? Or Z and Dats split up and Flip on Z wing?

I know the chemistry Z and Dats have is unbreakable but it makes the 2nd line a lot less dangerous offensively.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Are the wings a better team with Dats and Z on the same line and Flip centering the 2nd? Or Z and Dats split up and Flip on Z wing?

I know the chemistry Z and Dats have is unbreakable but it makes the 2nd line a lot less dangerous offensively.
The big deal I think a lot of people miss is Flip has some good chemistry with Datsyuk also. Now if Filppula can get Franzen going all will be well, but I cannot help but notice whenever Franzen has played with Zetterberg for either Sweden or very briefly with Detroit they look good. I think ultimately this up to Filppula and probably in line with whatever he is demanding right now. They are going to give him the chance to center that second line, when it falls flat they will use that in negotiations and shuffle the deck. If he wants Grabo money he better be a second line center and not winger because that is a million bucks difference.

The other factor is Z-Datstuk- Brunner are all in game shape and hockey sharp. They could put up a bunch of three point nights and lead the team to victory. Rarely are lines kept the whole year and if they are it is because the line is that dominate and we probably don't need to worry about it. I don't disagree with trying this to start with for a couple of reasons. But should they break it up I am not in the Filppula needs to be with Zetterberg camp like a lot of people.

I think as I have stated several times in the event they mix up the top six it should be something like this.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner should be the first
Filppula - Datsyuk - ?? (Cleary/Bert/Sammy/Nyquist) should be the second

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Blues fan coming in peace. I have a fantasy league based solely on scoring points and we are required to take a rookie. I ended up taking your friend of Zetterberg, Damien Brunner.

I was just curious what kind of output you guys were expecting from him.

Hope if any of you travel to St. Louis on Saturday, you're treated civil. See you on Saturday!

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Iowa Wingsfan

Fil is a top 6 player, his time on the 3rd line is over. Whether that is at center or wing remains to be seen. If Fil can center a productive 2nd line that is great, makes the team even more dangerous. Teams are going to put their best shut down group on Z-Pav-Brunner so Fil is going to have to produce. Like RedWings19405 posted I will be very surprised if the line combinations stay the same.

Iowa Wingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:53 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I think as I have stated several times in the event they mix up the top six it should be something like this.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner should be the first
Filppula - Datsyuk - ?? (Cleary/Bert/Sammy/Nyquist) should be the second
And as I have stated several times, I totally agree with you -- though Samuelsson should be the last option for that line amongst the current Wings forwards. Hell, I'd even rather put Tootoo or Eaves up there.

Man, the bottom-6 is killing me. There are a lot of serviceable guys down there, and a several kids waiting in the wings (Pun intended? You decide...). I know this isn't a "next season" thread, but I'd love to see this forward lineup for 2013-2014:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Brunner
Nyquist-Filppula-Tatar
Tootoo-Helm-Cleary
Ferraro-Sheahan-Abdelkader

I really like Miller and Eaves, and I'm sure Mursak and Emmerton would be valuable down there, but Holland has to make room for the next wave. The only reason I've kept Cleary is because I think he provides a good, stabilizing veteran presence down there.

Of course, that lineup means Franzen has been traded, and Samuelsson and Bertuzzi have been bought out... but, however unlikely that scenario may be, at least it's somewhat within the realm of reality (well, mine at least).

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Of course, that lineup means Franzen has been traded, and Samuelsson and Bertuzzi have been bought out... but, however unlikely that scenario may be, at least it's somewhat within the realm of reality (well, mine at least).
What kind of return do you think Franzen could bring? With his contract I'm not sure he has enough value to justify moving him. I am not against trading him if it will improve the team, it's just that I'm not sure that trade is out there.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Wingsfan View Post
What kind of return do you think Franzen could bring? With his contract I'm not sure he has enough value to justify moving him. I am not against trading him if it will improve the team, it's just that I'm not sure that trade is out there.
Depends on the team. If Franzen is bought out tomorrow, he'll get picked up within the day at a slightly higher cap hit and less years.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:07 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Wingsfan View Post
I think Franzen could bring a decent return if he picks up his game this year, but if we're trying to inject youth into the lineup, I don't really know what Holland would ask for or accept. Maybe a more solid, 2nd-pairing, stay-at-home defenseman? I really don't think Quincey and Calicopsareslow are going to be long-term solutions... but hey, I've been wrong before, and I'm sure it'll happen again soon.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Iowa Wingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Depends on the team. If Franzen is bought out tomorrow, he'll get picked up within the day at a slightly higher cap hit and less years.
For sure. I did not mean that no team would want him, but trading him just to make a trade is not a good idea. He is a 30 goal scorer and even though he can be frustrating to watch the fact remains that he led the team in goals. His lifetime contract and the penalties that come with it would hurt his value is what I was trying to say.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
RedMachine87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Blues fan coming in peace. I have a fantasy league based solely on scoring points and we are required to take a rookie. I ended up taking your friend of Zetterberg, Damien Brunner.

I was just curious what kind of output you guys were expecting from him.

Hope if any of you travel to St. Louis on Saturday, you're treated civil. See you on Saturday!
I'm not going to put any predictions or expectations out there for Brunner, don't want to jinx the kid. But, if this is any indication, I also drafted Brunner in my fantasy league and we are not required to take a rookie. If he is able to stick with Datsyuk/Zetterberg you hit the lottery.

RedMachine87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
I'm not going to put any predictions or expectations out there for Brunner, don't want to jinx the kid. But, if this is any indication, I also drafted Brunner in my fantasy league and we are not required to take a rookie. If he is able to stick with Datsyuk/Zetterberg you hit the lottery.
As long as he isn't scared to get hit he'll be a good 2nd line player. I can see him being a 25/35 guy in a full season. He has speed, hands, a shot, offensive awareness. He'll get used to the ice quick.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
SirloinUB

REPORT: SUBBAN, HABS STILL FAR APART ON NEW AGREEMENT
TSN is reporting that Subban and Montreal are far apart on a new deal. I wonder what he would cost?

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I really don't understand the logic of even pondering the notion of dealing Franzen.

1. His contract is cap-friendly
2. for what he brings, he's worth every buck
3. He has notched 28-34 goals in 3 of the past 4 seasons and he was actually on pace to hit 30 in the year he was hurt.
4. 2/4 years he's been a playoff BEAST, 2/4 years no one on our team did **** in the playoffs
5. you want to remove the only big, rugged, physical forward with a scoring touch and more then likely replace him with either prospects, picks or a player who is without a doubt smaller.

Even pondering it is just asinine to me at this point.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
REPORT: SUBBAN, HABS STILL FAR APART ON NEW AGREEMENT
TSN is reporting that Subban and Montreal are far apart on a new deal. I wonder what he would cost?
Well if it's an offer-sheet it would be probably 1 or 2 first round picks, and then some..

If your talk trade, i'd assume they would want youth:
Nyquist
Smith
Oullett
pick

Not worth it whatsoever. He's all nice and dandy offensively but it would just drain our system of vital rebuild pieces while taking on a ton of salary.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
I really don't understand the logic of even pondering the notion of dealing Franzen.

1. His contract is cap-friendly
2. for what he brings, he's worth every buck
3. He has notched 28-34 goals in 3 of the past 4 seasons and he was actually on pace to hit 30 in the year he was hurt.
4. 2/4 years he's been a playoff BEAST, 2/4 years no one on our team did **** in the playoffs
5. you want to remove the only big, rugged, physical forward with a scoring touch and more then likely replace him with either prospects, picks or a player who is without a doubt smaller.

Even pondering it is just asinine to me at this point.
I completely agree with you. I think what gets people going is he can look like a top notch sniper for 5 games and then look disinterested for 5 games. If he would stop the roller coaster and level off the highs and lows people wouldn't complain so much. For me production is production. A 30 goal man is a 30 goal man. They don't just grow on trees. Trading hom away for a draft pick that we hope could score 20 goals one day just doesn't make sense.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Henkka

What also makes Franzen's stats impressive, is that he hasn't got a 1st power-play duty. He has been there when we have had injuries for Holmström, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg, but if all those three were healthy, he was ant 2nd unit.

Being a best goalscorer without a free ride to any teams 1st PP unit is something very very impressive. You can call him, floater, lazy or whatever, but man he is effective.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:21 PM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Well if it's an offer-sheet it would be probably 1 or 2 first round picks, and then some..

If your talk trade, i'd assume they would want youth:
Nyquist
Smith
Oullett
pick

Not worth it whatsoever. He's all nice and dandy offensively but it would just drain our system of vital rebuild pieces while taking on a ton of salary.
last season Subban would have been:
2nd amongst defenseman on our team in blocked shots.
third in hits (4th if you count stuart).
2nd in shorthanded TOI (3rd if you count stuart).
Tied for 2nd in ppg against (with white, while averaging much more PK time)
He would have led our team in mins/game.
Oh and he outscored ALL of defenseman last season.

Subban is more than fine and dandy offensively, he is an all situation minute-munching defenseman.

Last edited by SirloinUB: 01-16-2013 at 12:29 PM.
SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

It's horrible that Helm is out a couple games. That just means Emmerton will play. God dammit. Let someone else play please.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
last season Subban would have been:
2nd amongst defenseman on our team in blocked shots.
third in hits (4th if you count stuart).
2nd in shorthanded TOI (3rd if you count stuart).
Tied for 2nd in ppg against (with white, while averaging much more PK time)
He would have led our team in mins/game.
Oh and he outscored ALL of defenseman last season.

Subban is more than fine and dandy offensively, he is an all situation minute-munching defenseman.
Yup and hes how old? Subban is definitely a contrasting personality and I dont like his attitude much but he is one of the better young dmen in the league.

He plays with some bite to his game as well and would easily be our biggest hitting dman after Kronwall. Hes the exact type of player Detroit needs to target to rebuild the defense.

I would hope the wings throw a lot at Dallas for Jamie Benn as well, that guy is a beast and plays the game how it should be played

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

So with Helm and the logo hunter most likely out for the season opener, what will our lines look like?

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
maxpenguins6630

Is Smith going to play a lot of ES and is he supposed to be on the power play ? I am leaning towards taking him in fantasy hockey...

maxpenguins6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:56 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpenguins6630 View Post
Is Smith going to play a lot of ES and is he supposed to be on the power play ? I am leaning towards taking him in fantasy hockey...
well currently he's set to be on the second pairing with Quincey and Babcock likes to roll the D fairly evenly so I imagine he'll get a decent amount of ES ice time

as for the power play that's harder to say,the Wings have a lot of options for the points(5 d-men who can play there including Smith and a couple forwards as well) he's certainly got loads of offensive talent though so if all goes well it seems likely he'll become a fixture on one of the units at some point

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpenguins6630 View Post
I think he will get 21-22 min/game same as 4 other Dmen on this team a little second line PP time. I'd put his over under for points in a 48 game season at 17.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote