HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers vs. Sharks Dec.11

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 04:05 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Maybe you should write a Shakespearian essay about my irritating posts.
That would be pretty cool.

Old
12-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I saw the game tonight on NHL Centre Ice. This game I thought typified (is that a word?) 2 things so far this year:

1. The Oilers' lack of finish. I mean, York hitting the crossbar, Dvo can't converting a beute pass from Torres on a partial 2 on 1. I mean, we need a player that has a bit of finish. Yeah, I know easier said than done. I also thought the Oilers play awful positional hockey in the offensive zone. I'm by no means an expert, but it seems that one oilers player will always shoot the puck to an ara where there are no oilers in sight. They spend the entire game chasing the puck. This team must be freakin' tired after each game. An other example: Horcoff had the puck facing the boards behind the red line of the goal. Isbister was right beside him, facing the boards but without the puck. I thinking, "move your legs Isbister, get to the front of the net or something". That may be a product of the players not playing together on a regular basis.

2. The entire NHL and referees are a friggin joke. At times last night, the game was so boring with all the clutch and grab, refs like Mr. Magoo not calling anything. It was a farce. I can't stand the play of impeding a players forward progress on a dump in. There is not difference with a defenseman slowing down a forward on a dumpin than the call Brewer got for obstruction interference.

I'm glad they started the road trip on the right foot. At times, they were dominant and deserved better. IMO, the Oilers are not one of the fastest teams in the NHL anymore. They are slow getting to the puck, Smyth and Horcoff made great plays to intercept a pass but never had the foot speed to breakaway for a scoring chance.

n the positive side, I impressed with Moreau. I was one of the many that wanted him out becuase he wasn't worth it. If even half the team hustled like him, the Oilers would be higher in the standings. Same goes with York. These two are so valuable to this team right now.
Good post DVN but it's in the wrong thread. This one's for bickering.

Old
12-12-2003, 04:46 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Good post DVN but it's in the wrong thread. This one's for bickering.
Find the threads that aren't these days. There's alot of posters with little nicks outta them this week.....lol.

Pretty passionate board at times.

We need a new icon for the thread overveiw. A big B beside the thread title.

Closed Thread