HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
good thing I have sweet ass expensive Ecco boots to keep my feet dry and suffocated.
My trekking shoes are water-resistant. No shoes would help me in this disaster of a weather.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:52 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
My trekking shoes are water-resistant. No shoes would help me in this disaster of a weather.
there's like a drizzle here so I can only imagine what it will be like and what my eyes will see.

And Kutztown is a silly place

Old
01-16-2013, 08:52 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Kutztown is OK but it constantly smells like manure and that's a bit of an issue. My brother goes to Kutztown too. I guess you guys haven't gone back yet huh?

Old
01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Semak

Kutztown, I want to say the penguins? DII powerhouse at one point.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Kutztown is OK but it constantly smells like manure and that's a bit of an issue. My brother goes to Kutztown too. I guess you guys haven't gone back yet huh?
oh yeah it does, idk how it does on some days then on some days not a hint of it at all. classes start the 28th. I'm all done with taking classes, I just need an internship to graduate...I just dont have an internship yet so I'll probably have to take a semester off which is brutal but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Kutztown, I want to say the penguins? DII powerhouse at one point.
Nah still Philly teams. Yeah we are pretty good at some sports. Our football team was on the up and up then our HC resigned to take a job in Arkansas Tech. Our Softball team is a power. Baseball is traditionally good. Had a guy drafted by the Giants this year and Ryan Vogelsong is an alum. Our main sport is Rugby. We compete division I and just won a national championship I believe, or a national tournament. it's funny because Ohio State, Penn State, NAVY, and Dartmouth all travel to Kutztown to play Rugby games. I'm sure when they hear that they are like WTF is Kutztown.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Semak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
oh yeah it does, idk how it does on some days then on some days not a hint of it at all. classes start the 28th. I'm all done with taking classes, I just need an internship to graduate...I just dont have an internship yet so I'll probably have to take a semester off which is brutal but it is what it is.

Nah still Philly teams. Yeah we are pretty good at some sports. Our football team was on the up and up then our HC resigned to take a job in Arkansas Tech. Our Softball team is a power. Baseball is traditionally good. Had a guy drafted by the Giants this year and Ryan Vogelsong is an alum. Our main sport is Rugby. We compete division I and just won a national championship I believe, or a national tournament. it's funny because Ohio State, Penn State, NAVY, and Dartmouth all travel to Kutztown to play Rugby games. I'm sure when they hear that they are like WTF is Kutztown.
Thanks. I meant what's the school mascot? I think in the 90s they had some good football teams.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Thanks. I meant what's the school mascot? I think in the 90s they had some good football teams.
The Golden Bears. And our football team was never really good before like 3 years ago.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:32 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Kutztown is nice for getting some decent stuff cheap out of Amish peoples barns. There is one down the street from the house my brother rents that is packed full of all kinds of stuff. It's like every yard sale you've ever been to combined, times 10, and crammed into a couple barns.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Semak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
The Golden Bears. And our football team was never really good before like 3 years ago.
Damn, then this is going to bother me. Was it Appalachian State? If only there were some kind of all encompassing invention where I can look any information I needed.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Damn, then this is going to bother me. Was it Appalachian State? If only there were some kind of all encompassing invention where I can look any information I needed.
APP state is D-IAA they beat Michigan a couple years ago in the big house

if it's a PA school you might be thinking of Bloomsburg or California(PA)

Old
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
VaxjoDevil

I'm going to Alabama for the weekend. Meh.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
just don't go putting any cans of tuna in your coat at a convenience store

Old
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
snow ****ing sucks
If by, "****ing sucks" you mean, absolutely is the greatest ting ever, then yes, snow ****ing sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Kutztown is nice for getting some decent stuff cheap out of Amish peoples barns.
It's not nice to steal from Amish people.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Why?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

roll tide

Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If by, "****ing sucks" you mean, absolutely is the greatest ting ever, then yes, snow ****ing sucks.
i shouldve clarified.

snow's great until you graduate high school or its on a weekend. otherwise, its a huge pain in the ass

Old
01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
i shouldve clarified.

snow's great until you graduate high school or its on a weekend. otherwise, its a huge pain in the ass
I'm pretty sure skiers will still love the snow...

Or if you use mass transit/subways which aren't always affected.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:51 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I'm pretty sure skiers will still love the snow...

Or if you use mass transit/subways which aren't always affected.
ok let me clarify again

snows the best

Old
01-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
ok let me clarify again

snows the best
Now you get it!

Old
01-16-2013, 11:48 AM
CerebralGenesis

I need snow in 2 weeks at the min. Not hittin the slopes if its just ice and artificial

Old
01-16-2013, 12:00 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
just don't go putting any cans of tuna in your coat at a convenience store
What you did there, I see it

Old
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Not Japan crazy.

And it has to be copy pasta, he knows too many people here in the real world.
So? I've never gotten really drunk in front of someone here

Old
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
So? I've never gotten really drunk in front of someone here
Yeah, but you free admitted a lot of story there... haha

Old
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I like letting people know the full story

Old
01-16-2013, 12:22 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I went to a party of a friend by myself a few days ago. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find some mates to play FIFA. Got myself a seat, very nice, enjoying the game and had some frozen coke with rum. We decided to start a tournament with the mates.

Five minutes into the first game, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during the match, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the match. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke with rum. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the hallway. So I decided to finish the game.

By the time it was nearly the end of the tournament we had, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there playing FIFA. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked away from the party with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, lit a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.
the actual story:

Quote:
I went to see Marie Antoinette by myself a few years ago when I was bored. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find a totally empty theater just as the previews started. Got Captain Kirk seats, very nice, enjoying my little private screening and my Swedish Fish + frozen coke.

Five minutes after the movie starts, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during a quiet scene, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the movie. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke and vodka. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the aisle. So I decided to finish the film.

By the time it was nearly the end of the movie, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there in the theater. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked out of the theater lobby with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, light a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.
what do i win?

Closed Thread