HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Training Camp 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 09:07 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
You want to dump someone because of his interviews? Man, if I was playing with the Habs, I'd have so much fun with the media and the fans.

I'd ask Bergevin to come get me in the middle of practice, shake my hand and leave to the lockerroom.
+ MT said he was having a great camp.... but the guy looks depressed on camera so we should dump him

Old
01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Tinordi has played well in camp but I still would send him down and play out the year in Hamilton, no need for him here and he can use the minutes with the Dogs
That's how I feel aswell. Let him play bigger minutes in Hamilton and he will be there if needed (injuries).

But I do think he'll have a good shot at making the team next year.

Really if you look at this team, it's a team in transition. Players like Gionta, Cole, Markov and Kaberle won't be here much longer IMO. I expect this team to look much different in 3 years.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You're right, I guess it has to come down to whether or not Weber looks better this year in training camp.
Training camp is so short that it means very little. You're not going to cut Gionta because he isn't as good in camp as a guy like Gallagher who's been playing all year. I expect very few personnel decisions based on their play in "camp".

Old
01-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Pat Hickey ‏@zababes1
#habs working on power play. Galchenyuk, Cole nd Pleky up front, Markov and Kaberle at the points.

Interesting PP line (assuming Kabs is replacing Subban)
Pleky is practicing with the team today? Good news.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
yoteshot

Lines today:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta,Moen-Eller-Bourque, Prust-White-Armstrong

Plekanec in, and Galch still on the 2nd

Old
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Lines today:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta,Moen-Eller-Bourque, Prust-White-Armstrong

I like it!

Old
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
HomaridII

BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV
Galchenyuk Plekanec Cole Kaberle Markov practicing PP before practice says a lot. Sorry. Make that .... A LOT!!

Old
01-16-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I like it!
No Weber or Diaz practicing on the 4th line?

Habs actually placing a young player with offensive talent, on a line with offensive players?

Am I dreaming?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
No Weber or Diaz practicing on the 4th line?

Habs actually placing a young player with offensive talent, on a line with offensive players?

Am I dreaming?
Definitely a breath of fresh air.

Really looking forward to the progression of Eller this season and that 4th line will be lots of fun to watch! They are going to be a pain in the ass for the opposing team. I just hope Armstrong can stay healthy.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Lines today:

I'd say that's pretty much Saturday's lineup (hopefully)

Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Kjell Dahlin

As already mentioned, Plekanec is back! His wingers are Galchenyuk and Gionta. However he is not a lock for Thursday’s intra team game. Good news nonetheless.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...nt-201254.html

Old
01-16-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Definitely a breath of fresh air.

Really looking forward to the progression of Eller this season and that 4th line will be lots of fun to watch! They are going to be a pain in the ass for the opposing team. I just hope Armstrong can stay healthy.
Same here, I thought amidst the miserable season they had last year, he was one of the few bright spots, and he seems to have had a good offseason adding strength (which was one of his needs). I hope the coaching staff can instill the confidence in him that I feel he needs to play well.

The Habs are set up to have 4 functional lines, they'll be able to use their top 6 in offensive situations and have their bottom 6 lines for defensive/energy situations.

As for Armstrong...I'm not entirely convinced he's got much left in the tank, but in worst case scenario, they can slide White to RW and bring up Dumont to center the 4th line.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Exactly what he said this summer.

1st line remains intact.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/354639.html

Old
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Same here, I thought amidst the miserable season they had last year, he was one of the few bright spots, and he seems to have had a good offseason adding strength (which was one of his needs). I hope the coaching staff can instill the confidence in him that I feel he needs to play well.

The Habs are set up to have 4 functional lines, they'll be able to use their top 6 in offensive situations and have their bottom 6 lines for defensive/energy situations.

As for Armstrong...I'm not entirely convinced he's got much left in the tank, but in worst case scenario, they can slide White to RW and bring up Dumont to center the 4th line.
It should help Eller a lot that he is cemented at center where he is visibly more comfortable.

Agreed about Armstrong, but it sure would be nice if he could regain his Pittsburgh form.

Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Lines today:

This is our starting lineup saturday night. Book it.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
I know that this is a little bit off topic but why didn't Montreal sign Jagr? He has said it himself, that he wanted to play for Montreal (he said it when he was asked, after he signed for Dallas). 1 year of $4.5M ain't that bad. Montreal got around $9M to spend. Plekanec and Jagr are great friends. They are both from Kladno, and they have some crazy chemistry together. Both in the national team and in the Czech league this lockout.

Stats from both players when they played for Kladno:

Plekanec: 32 GP, 21+25, 46 points

Jagr: 34 GP, 24+33, 57 points.

I think that Jagr would have been great on Pleks wing. Great friends and as I said, their chemistry on the ice is extremely good.

And it would be nice for the fans seeing Jagr for his possibly last NHL season playing in Montreal. The man is a legend.

So why didn't Bergevin sign him ? Thanks.
Jagr at 4.5 M means you have less than 3 M to sign Subban, which obviously isn't going to get a deal done since it's 8.3 M of room and you need to keep a cushion of around 800 K-1 M for injuries.

I really want to know who the coaching staff plans to play against the other team's big guns with their current line and pairings configurations, because I don't see it. Can our small village of media folks covering the team grow a pair and ask that question today?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
HomaridII

Looks like Galchenyuk is on the 1st PP unit with Pleks and Cole.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Chara is not a good fighter. He has a strength and reach advantage over everyone in the league, however, which makes him almost unbeatable. But go watch his fights...Any time he faces a somewhat decent fighter who manages to get inside his reach, he will immediately go for the take down. If he tries to go toe to toe with a decent fighter he'll get his ass whooped, he lacks technical ability to defend himself and is a big ol huggy bear.

Watch his fights vs Laraque. Goes for the take down right away.
Chara fights like a little girl in an overly sized ogre's body.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Lines today:

Part of me would really like to see either Armstrong in place of Moen on that 2nd line, or, have a 3rd line of Moen - Eller - Armstrong (which moves Bourque to the 4th line). Wouldn't mind seeing what that line can do

Old
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
ClasslessGuy

Gagnon proposed that Bergevin send an invite to Redden what do you guys think about that?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Part of me would really like to see either Armstrong in place of Moen on that 2nd line, or, have a 3rd line of Moen - Eller - Armstrong (which moves Bourque to the 4th line). Wouldn't mind seeing what that line can do
You do realize that Bourque can score 25-30 goals right ? Or have you just made your decision on what you saw in the short stint he had with the Habs last year ?

Oh what have you done lately.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Gagnon proposed that Bergevin send an invite to Redden what do you guys think about that?
Laughable.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
SOLR

Quote:
No...Redden, like Gomez, lost that extra step that made him competitive in his role. Would you replace Diaz with Redden?

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
I'd rather have Commodore on the roster and I hope Commodore doesn't see the ice for the Habs this year. We have enough puck moving defenseman, no need for Redden.

Old

Quote:
Absolutely ridiculous...he's not better than the 7 dmen currently on the roster, nor is he better than half of those in Hamilton

Pass

Closed Thread