HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

OT Thread Part IX. The "At Least Our Number 9 Won a Cup" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2013, 11:33 PM
  #226
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Germany
Posts: 67,637
vCash: 50
The main boards is better entertainment than anything on television right now

Machinehead is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:39 PM
  #227
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 500
Just picked up a 42" HDTV for my bedroom in preparation for the hockey season

charlie460 is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
  #228
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The main boards is better entertainment than anything on television right now
Only if reading something that makes you want to hammer nails into your own skull is entertainment.

Mithrandir is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
  #229
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Germany
Posts: 67,637
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Only if reading something that makes you want to hammer nails into your own skull is entertainment.
That effect works for alot of people, just look at reality tv

Machinehead is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 04:02 AM
  #230
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Surprised so many of you brogers are metal dudes. Never was the case in here. Ive met, drunk with, partied, or worked with pretty much all the guys you dudes have named. Small industry this one... but it rules.

Cynical TyranT is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 10:29 AM
  #231
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,410
vCash: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Surprised so many of you brogers are metal dudes. Never was the case in here. Ive met, drunk with, partied, or worked with pretty much all the guys you dudes have named. Small industry this one... but it rules.
I got to hang with Slayer for a day once. One of the best experiences and so much fun.

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:25 PM
  #232
silverfish
Not a GM
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabetrium
Country: United States
Posts: 30,280
vCash: 500
So today I learned there is a city in Alaska named Unalaska. Talk about an identity crisis.

silverfish is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
  #233
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Been roaring back in the gym now that all of the holiday eating is over. Feels so good to get back in a routine and not beat myself up about skipping every other day like I did all December. Having a birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas makes the month basically one big pig out. Once the little bro comes back from school not only does my usual good diet go out the window while we hang out together, but I have an excuse to skip the gym and fart around with him all day. Love getting back into though and getting all the definition to come right back. Already close to being right back in the best shape of my life.

Also, landed an legit job finally. $14/hr, full-time, benefits from day one, paid vacation, minimal commute. 2013 is going to be good.

Mithrandir is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
  #234
silverfish
Not a GM
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabetrium
Country: United States
Posts: 30,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Been roaring back in the gym now that all of the holiday eating is over. Feels so good to get back in a routine and not beat myself up about skipping every other day like I did all December. Having a birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas makes the month basically one big pig out. Once the little bro comes back from school not only does my usual good diet go out the window while we hang out together, but I have an excuse to skip the gym and fart around with him all day. Love getting back into though and getting all the definition to come right back. Already close to being right back in the best shape of my life.

Also, landed an legit job finally. $14/hr, full-time, benefits from day one, paid vacation, minimal commute. 2013 is going to be good.
Congrats, dude! Me next!

silverfish is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  #235
Machinehead
Weidmanns Heil
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Germany
Posts: 67,637
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Been roaring back in the gym now that all of the holiday eating is over. Feels so good to get back in a routine and not beat myself up about skipping every other day like I did all December. Having a birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas makes the month basically one big pig out. Once the little bro comes back from school not only does my usual good diet go out the window while we hang out together, but I have an excuse to skip the gym and fart around with him all day. Love getting back into though and getting all the definition to come right back. Already close to being right back in the best shape of my life.

Also, landed an legit job finally. $14/hr, full-time, benefits from day one, paid vacation, minimal commute. 2013 is going to be good.
Congrats on the job man, tough to come by these days

Machinehead is online now  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
  #236
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Thanks guys. Pretty pumped.

Mithrandir is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
  #237
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Congrats on the job

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
  #238
Krams
asl?
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: [unknown]
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Been roaring back in the gym

Krams is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  #239
Lorb
.
 
Lorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,208
vCash: 500

Lorb is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
  #240
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Haha, I did say "roaring back" because of the old Ovechkin thread on the main board about Ovie roaring back. Good call.

Mithrandir is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 11:33 PM
  #243
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,509
vCash: 500
That one really made me chuckle. Claude Giroux adjusted statistical points lol.

I remember someone linked up a Canes GDT which the thread title was Dubinsky + Roszival + 2nd. Ironically, both Dubi and Roszi had pretty good games.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
  #245
Kane One
Registered User
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,681
vCash: 1425
Jesus, my C++ class is ****ing boring today. He's teaching us binary and hexadecimal, like we don't know what that is by now.

__________________
Glass from Girardi is practically a mathematical impossibility. I'm glad to have witnessed this great Rangers moment. -Bob Richards
I'd hate to know what the toilet facilities look like after a game with the way this team aims... -Megustaelhockey
Kane One is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:52 AM
  #247
Kane One
Registered User
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,681
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'm going to pretend that I know what this means.
The only numbers that computers know are 1s and 0s.

If the computer was told the number 25, for example, they would read it as 11001. That's binary. Hexadecimal is more confusing, so I won't bother explaining that one.

I learned this in HS but he's been talking about it for an hour now.

Kane One is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
  #248
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,637
vCash: 500
Alright so I am probably going to be looking for a car in the next 10-12 months and I consider myself a car guy. I have been driving the same Honda Accord since high school and it runs fine but being a car guy I want more power.

I can't decide what to go for:

Subaru WRX STI - To me it looks too much like a kids car and the performance exhaust doesn't exactly scream refined although I love the way the car handles and the power.

Volkswagon GTI - fun car to drive, least expensive option. Most practical.

BMW 1 series - A lot of fun, most expensive, not a lot of space inside.

BMW 3 series - Would have to go with the lower end model, more space inside.

Infiniti G37 - Good sized car, seem to be a little overpriced

OR

I could go really practical and go with:

Nissan Altima - great gas mileage, reliable

Subaru WRX Standard - Not as much power, still has AWD, would get the hatchback for the added convenience.

Anything else I should be looking at?

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
  #250
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Alright so I am probably going to be looking for a car in the next 10-12 months and I consider myself a car guy. I have been driving the same Honda Accord since high school and it runs fine but being a car guy I want more power.

I can't decide what to go for:

Subaru WRX STI - To me it looks too much like a kids car and the performance exhaust doesn't exactly scream refined although I love the way the car handles and the power.

Volkswagon GTI - fun car to drive, least expensive option. Most practical.

BMW 1 series - A lot of fun, most expensive, not a lot of space inside.

BMW 3 series - Would have to go with the lower end model, more space inside.

Infiniti G37 - Good sized car, seem to be a little overpriced

OR

I could go really practical and go with:

Nissan Altima - great gas mileage, reliable

Subaru WRX Standard - Not as much power, still has AWD, would get the hatchback for the added convenience.

Anything else I should be looking at?
Subaru's are great, reliable cars. You'll be thrilled with the Infiniti if you go that route; great car, lots of style. I don't like the GTI design but they're fun to drive. I had a 20th anniversary GTI that I beat to **** a while back (got it off auction after it had been in a flood, worked on it, repainted it, lowered it, chipped it, etc.). If I were you I might look at GLIs. I like the look better.

As for me. I've gotten older, slowed down my driving and have to think about the future with my next purchase. I'm currently driving a 2010 Accord coupe V6 with a few goodies, but I'm not nearly as into cars as I was 5-8 years ago.

Mithrandir is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.