HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Training Camp 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
No Weber or Diaz practicing on the 4th line?

Habs actually placing a young player with offensive talent, on a line with offensive players?

Am I dreaming?
Not to mention, Plekanec playing with actual first/second liners and not grinders?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Gagnon proposed that Bergevin send an invite to Redden what do you guys think about that?
He brings a lot of the same skills as Subban, Markov, Kaberle, Diaz, Weber.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
ClasslessGuy

What I like this year is that I'm looking foward to watch every line play: Armstrong White Prust will be fun to watch!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Not to mention, Plekanec playing with actual first/second liners and not grinders?
While that's true...Plekanec needs a bounce back season this year, he hasn't been as good as he can be the last year or so.

Is that partly due to the revolving door of wingers he's had? Probably, but his play on itself, hasnt been good enough either.

I'm hoping the Habs ease his defensive responsibilities and let him focus more on offense, the bottom 6 as currently constructed is more than capable of playing the hard defensive minutes

Old
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Gagnon proposed that Bergevin send an invite to Redden what do you guys think about that?
Guys as been really really good in the past. If they saw him play and thinks he can go back to a decent form, it wouldn't hurt for sure. Just like Gomez wouldn't hurt a team that lacks depth up front. But the thing is, we already have a lot of Ds so, unless a lot of injuries strikes, it's pretty useless to give him a chance imo.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Yes to Redden on a 850K, 2-way deal with Mtl/Hamilton.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
You do realize that Bourque can score 25-30 goals right ? Or have you just made your decision on what you saw in the short stint he had with the Habs last year ?

Oh what have you done lately.
I do understand he can score 25-30. I am hoping he makes a full comeback and plays the way he can. However, if he plays like crap or if Gally gets sent back then those lines is something i'd like to see. Not saying stay with it, would just be interested in seeing how those players can play together. So seeing that line in training camp would be a start even if its just for the hell of it

Old
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Yes to Redden on a 850K, 2-way deal with Mtl/Hamilton.
We have enough Defense on this squad... There is absolutely no way Redden will sign here.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:10 AM
hersky77

I actually like this team better than last years team. We have an actual bottom six and a fairy decent top six. And not to mention no revolving door of diaz or webber playing fourth line minutes.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:10 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
While that's true...Plekanec needs a bounce back season this year, he hasn't been as good as he can be the last year or so.

Is that partly due to the revolving door of wingers he's had? Probably, but his play on itself, hasnt been good enough either.

I'm hoping the Habs ease his defensive responsibilities and let him focus more on offense, the bottom 6 as currently constructed is more than capable of playing the hard defensive minutes
Plekanec is the one player I truly feel bad for, he hasn't had legitimate wingers since Kovalev and Kostitsyn. While Moen and Bourque are good third or fourth line players, I hardly think they should play on a second line.

Just remember all the two on ones the habs had on the pk these past couple of seasons with Plekanec passing the puck to Moen and Moen missing the net... He's not second line material, and Plekanec can't do everything by himself... Just my two cents.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Part of me would really like to see either Armstrong in place of Moen on that 2nd line, or, have a 3rd line of Moen - Eller - Armstrong (which moves Bourque to the 4th line). Wouldn't mind seeing what that line can do
Why would we want Bourque on the 4th line? He is a scorer we need him at least with decent skill players.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Plekanec is the one player I truly feel bad for, he hasn't had legitimate wingers since Kovalev and Kostitsyn. While Moen and Bourque are good third or fourth line players, I hardly think they should play on a second line.

Just remember all the two on ones the habs had on the pk these past couple of seasons with Plekanec passing the puck to Moen and Moen missing the net... He's not second line material, and Plekanec can't do everything by himself... Just my two cents.
This sounds like you're saying that's who he'll be sidled with this year? Far from it, I think Plekanec will play with Gionta and Galchenyuk, if Chenny can't cut it [looking less and less likely] Bourque and Gionta is not a bad pair of wingers.

based on tweets/reports/everything I predict this will be our opening night lineup:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust/Armstrong-Prust/White-Armstrong/White

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz

That is not bad, gets better if Chenny proves he belongs, even better if Markov stays healthy, better still with the addition of Subban.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV
Galchenyuk Plekanec Cole Kaberle Markov practicing PP before practice says a lot. Sorry. Make that .... A LOT!!
Kaberle and Markov on the same PP unit... It was a dream not so long ago, and now it's nothing great. Time goes fast

Old
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
This sounds like you're saying that's who he'll be sidled with this year? Far from it, I think Plekanec will play with Gionta and Galchenyuk, if Chenny can't cut it [looking less and less likely] Bourque and Gionta is not a bad pair of wingers.
No, I'm praising Therrien for finally giving him decent wingers.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Quote:
No, I'm praising Therrien for finally giving him decent wingers.
aaah ok.

definitely agree, you know your previous coaches were bad when Therrien is refreshing. Not necessarily bad but...cautious

Old
01-16-2013, 10:21 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Kaberle and Markov on the same PP unit... It was a dream not so long ago, and now it's nothing great. Time goes fast
Oh great another one....

Old
01-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I don't think it's a desirable pair for the PP (in the past or present). They both play the same role on the PP - Kaberle is very reluctant to be the shooter and Markov has had much more success as the quarterback as well.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:23 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Markov can shoot it just fine, so can Galchenyuk...

Old
01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
aaah ok.

definitely agree, you know your previous coaches were bad when Therrien is refreshing. Not necessarily bad but...cautious
Lol yeah, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and forget about his last stint behind the bench here. He's definitely a different coach IMO.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I don't think it's a desirable pair for the PP (in the past or present). They both play the same role on the PP - Kaberle is very reluctant to be the shooter and Markov has had much more success as the quarterback as well.
If you put up guys who can finish, having two elite passers on the back-end is a godsend.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Mue

Quote:
Of course Markov can shoot just fine - but he is better suited for the quarterback role - as is Kaberle.

If there isn't a legitimate threat from the blue-line, the PP is easier to defend against.

I don't see Markov or Kaberle as legitimate shooting threats (the way Souray, Streit, or even Wisniewski were) - they tried Markov in the role - perhaps I am wrong, but I don't remember it being very effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed
If you put up guys who can finish, having two elite passers on the back-end is a godsend.
I think it's really beneficial to have a big shot from the blue-line.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Thank God cause we know it's not Kaberle that's going to be taking a shot anytime soon

Old
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yes, someone who gets it. But, no matter what the COACH in MTL does he will always have someone sitting behind a computer thinking they know better than the man who actually gets paid to do the job.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Dagistitsyn

Lines look good. I'd still like to see Emelin get a good look on the PP though. Especially if Subban is going to continue this hold out into the real season.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Of course Markov can shoot just fine - but he is better suited for the quarterback role - as is Kaberle.

If there isn't a legitimate threat from the blue-line, the PP is easier to defend against.

I don't see Markov or Kaberle as legitimate shooting threats (the way Souray, Streit, or even Wisniewski were).
Remember when Subban and Wiz were together on the back end? the PP went very well and they were both shooters.

There isn't always a set recipe for a good PP. As long as one of the blue liners can get the puck on net (through a beauty pass or accurate shot), there is a chance for a goal. Both markov and Kaberle are capable of getting the puck toward the net

Closed Thread