HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

All Purpose STH thread: questions, sales, exchanges, etc

Old
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post about tickets but I didn't see anywhere else to post about them. Usually if there is it's stickyed up top.

Taking a friend to her first Pens game (I'm a Cats fan) for the game on Feb. 22 in Pitt (We are from Erie). Besides stubhub where are some places to find tickets and she said something about student discount night, any info would be appreciated. Good luck this year.
You need to sign up for text alerts if you want a shot at student rush tickets... http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56565 . There's usually only 200 per game & they go really fast so try to buy them as soon as you get the text. Pretty sure you can't buy them until the day of the game either, so that may not work for you if you're traveling to come here. You may end up with no tickets.

I talked to my rep yesterday & got the impression that my credit of $172 was going to carry over into next season as opposed to being applied to any playoff tickets but I forgot to ask for clarification before I hung up (I was really only calling to find out the balance on my account). Anyone know if this is the case? I'd hate to call back on the day tickets actually go on sale, it took me forever to get through yesterday bc of the STH pre-sale.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
You need to sign up for text alerts if you want a shot at student rush tickets... http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56565 . There's usually only 200 per game & they go really fast so try to buy them as soon as you get the text. Pretty sure you can't buy them until the day of the game either, so that may not work for you if you're traveling to come here. You may end up with no tickets.

I talked to my rep yesterday & got the impression that my credit of $172 was going to carry over into next season as opposed to being applied to any playoff tickets but I forgot to ask for clarification before I hung up (I was really only calling to find out the balance on my account). Anyone know if this is the case? I'd hate to call back on the day tickets actually go on sale, it took me forever to get through yesterday bc of the STH pre-sale.
When I questioned my invoice earlier (see start of this thread), and found out I am cool and actually have a credit, I was told it can be used "toward the playoffs or future purchases". I think you should be fine.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
When I questioned my invoice earlier (see start of this thread), and found out I am cool and actually have a credit, I was told it can be used "toward the playoffs or future purchases". I think you should be fine.
Thanks. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, I'm going to be paying for all of it at some point.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Shady Machine

Damn, I couldn't get any tickets. Every year I sit at my computer and click refresh until 10 am and can usually get a few games. This year nothing. Oh well.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Azkals

Any STHs able to post their tickets on TicketExchange (or ticketsnow or w/e that thing is called)? I can manage my tickets in my Pens acct but it says "Due to Penguins policies, tickets for this event have been restricted from sale". I just want to make sure I'm not the only one getting this.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:00 AM

Anyone looking to sell for the opener vs TML, PM me.

Thanks.

71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkals View Post
Any STHs able to post their tickets on TicketExchange (or ticketsnow or w/e that thing is called)? I can manage my tickets in my Pens acct but it says "Due to Penguins policies, tickets for this event have been restricted from sale". I just want to make sure I'm not the only one getting this.
It's probably not available yet. They said it would be enabled before the first game but they didn't say when.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
I'm not Harv but I have the answer.

I got two emails from the Pens today. One was going over invoices/balances and the other was about the actual tickets. This is part of the ticket email....
So your email is basically saying that hard season tickets won't exist for the Feb 2nd game vs Devils? It's pretty imperative for me

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:20 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
So your email is basically saying that hard season tickets won't exist for the Feb 2nd game vs Devils? It's pretty imperative for me
Yes, they will.

Just not the INTIAL batch of hard tickets sent out in September.

They are reissuing new HARD TICKETS RIGHT NOW. In fact STH currently have that ticket in their possession, as they mailed out the 1st four home games.

So if you were sold any ticket from the season tickets sent out pre lockout, they WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Jaded-Fan

As an aside, just speculation on my part but tickets may be harder to come by this year, and prices higher on places like ticket exchange. I usually sell a number of games, and even give some away here, but given only 24 home games (and especially for me who splits my plan like most do) I doubt I sell a single ticket. I would not expect last year's prices, but I may be wrong.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Yes, they will.

Just not the INTIAL batch of hard tickets sent out in September.

They are reissuing new HARD TICKETS RIGHT NOW. In fact STH currently have that ticket in their possession, as they mailed out the 1st four home games.

So if you were sold any ticket from the season tickets sent out pre lockout, they WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Ohhh re-read it and just saw that I made a mistake.. See, the Devils are having STH print their tix to the first 6 home games off of their computers.. But I'm collecting the nice-looking season tix (with team graphics, etc) from each arena so I'm only going to this game if I can get a pair of the season tix

You saved my trip! The gf was so disappointed but I'll tell her its back on!

Old
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Ohhh re-read it and just saw that I made a mistake.. See, the Devils are having STH print their tix to the first 6 home games off of their computers.. But I'm collecting the nice-looking season tix (with team graphics, etc) from each arena so I'm only going to this game if I can get a pair of the season tix

You saved my trip! The gf was so disappointed but I'll tell her its back on!
Well the reprinted tickets are not as nice as the originals. These are more basic TICKETMASTER print outs.

There is a partial pic of the Pen's logo. Top part of the skating Penguin. But there is no pic of the opposing team. So if you wanted a ticket with the Devils logo on it, I am afraid you are out of luck.

But yeah, it is a hard ticket, better than a PDF ticket printed out from your computer.

EDIT: FWIW, I just looked at the original season tickets that the Pen's sent out in September. There is a Penguins player on every ticket, however there is no logo depicted of the opposing team. IIRC, past season tickets had a small pic of the opposition logo.

Last edited by td_ice: 01-16-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

If you're not particular about it being an actual game-used ticket you might be able to get a STH who still has their book to send you one of the fancier ones that were originally printed but are no longer valid.

FYI for whoever was asking, the Ticket Exchange is up and running with some positive changes this year:

Quote:
Penguins TicketExchange is now NHL Ticket Exchange
Post Tickets for Sale through Account Manager

Can’t make it to a game? Sell your tickets to someone who can!

New for the 2012-13 season, the Pittsburgh Penguins and Ticketmaster are excited to introduce ‘NHL Ticket Exchange’. NHL Ticket Exchange, featuring TicketsNow technology, is an updated, more robust marketplace for reselling your Penguins season tickets.

This fan-friendly platform will offer Season Ticket Holders several new features:

1. Three (3) selling options are available: A fixed price set by the seller, a price that decreases daily, and the ‘market price’ which will adjust the price daily to the average price of tickets in the same section.

2. If tickets are sold, Season Ticket Holders can select direct deposit to a bank account or seller credit. Seller Credit (aka resale credit) will remain on your season ticket account and can be applied to future payment plan installments, deposits or playoff tickets.

3. Subsets of tickets within a posting can be purchased. For example, if 4 tickets are posted, 2 can be purchased.

4. Per season ticket holder feedback, the minimum posting price has been lowered. Thus, you can now post tickets at a price comparable to your season ticket holder rate.

5. If assistance is needed, a dedicated NHL Ticket Exchange Customer Service hotline is available to troubleshoot - 1.800.842.1112.

Finally, as this is a league wide initiative, cross-channel promotional support will be provided by Ticketmaster, the NHL and our team. Thus, more prospective buyers will see your tickets!

While we hope you take advantage of this upgraded service, please note the following:

1. Season Ticket Holders will continue to post tickets for resale through their ‘Manage My Tickets’ page via pittsburghpenguins.com/myaccount. However, once a STH clicks the ‘sell’ button, they will be redirected to the new NHL Ticket Exchange login page, where new users will be prompted to create an account. The first time you log in, you will be required to set a new password. Once the initial password is created, you automatically will be redirected each time you log in through Account Manager.

2. Changes in mailing address or banking information to your NHL Ticket Exchange account do not update your Penguins Season Ticket Account. You must still call the Penguins Customer Service Department to update this information.

Again, we are excited about this enhanced ticket reselling site and believe it will bring additional value to your season ticket package. Should you have questions with this new service or any of its features, do not hesitate to follow up with our Ticketing Department at 412.642.PENS. We are happy to assist.

As always, thank you for your support!

Pittsburgh Penguins Ticketing Department
I love that we can now list our tickets for a lower price more comparable to STH cost than gate price. As far as the regular season games I sell I'm not usually looking to gouge anyone - I mark them up enough to pay the fees it costs me to sell them plus get a beer or something at my next game. I usually sell them for over my face value but under gate price. Hopefully I'll have better luck selling them on the Exchange with this new system - in the past I've had to rely on either word of mouth or Craigslist.

I also love that we can get the money deposited into our bank accounts instead of just applied to our STH accounts. With two tickets being paid for by two different people who alternate payment months it became a nightmare to figure out who owed what.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Azkals

Quote:
I love that we can now list our tickets for a lower price more comparable to STH cost than gate price. As far as the regular season games I sell I'm not usually looking to gouge anyone - I mark them up enough to pay the fees it costs me to sell them plus get a beer or something at my next game. I usually sell them for over my face value but under gate price. Hopefully I'll have better luck selling them on the Exchange with this new system - in the past I've had to rely on either word of mouth or Craigslist.

I also love that we can get the money deposited into our bank accounts instead of just applied to our STH accounts. With two tickets being paid for by two different people who alternate payment months it became a nightmare to figure out who owed what.
If you sell them just under gate you'll have no problems. I personally sell them for as much as I can get but that's just me. But yeah this is great. I never heard of TicketsNow until today so I hope they advertise it a lot. I always just went to Stubhub, and the demand for tickets there is definitely greater.

Last edited by Azkals: 01-16-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Yeah glad to hear about the new system, very cool. (sucks they still take 10% commission though, haha. Blackhawks have the exact system and they do not charge a commission)

Old
01-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Azkals

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Yeah glad to hear about the new system, very cool. (sucks they still take 10% commission though, haha. Blackhawks have the exact system and they do not charge a commission)
I think it is 15%. Ticket Exchange was 10% so that is one negative about the new system. I think the Pens get money thru commissions so that's why they like STHs to resell their tickets so they can make even more money.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Selling my Jan. 29 game. Section 224, $104 for the pair. $40 off gate price. (for reference, Gate is $72 each, $144 for the pair , $62 a ticket and $10 ticketmaster fee).

Pm if interested.

SOLD

Last edited by td_ice: 01-22-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Bmessy

Hey guys. Big Bruins fan coming over in peace. So I'll be visiting and old friend of mine in March who lives in Pittsburgh now. We are looking to get tickets for the St. Patty's Day, March 17, Sunday matinee against the Bruins. Might be a tough ticket but I figured I would use my resources first before I spend a killing on stubhub or something. If anyone knows they are selling that ticket already, or knows any good places to get some tickets please let me know. Thanks

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Jaded-Fan

As the season was so short, and I was splitting my season tickets three ways starting this year, so only 8 games total in this shortened season, I took advantage of the season ticket holder offer of 30% off gate for three of the five games offered, for games the others were using. Unfortunatley a family member had a fall so my tickets for three on January 29 against the Isles became tickets for one.

I got the cheap seats to see how things looked from the upper part of the arena, section 208 row N seats 12-14. The total that I paid for all three was $181.80, or $60 per ticket. Will give a $5 per ticket discount off what I paid for the pair if anyone is interested. May even sell all three if someone really wanted them.

PM if you want em.

EDIT:

*****SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD *******

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 01-24-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Jaded-Fan

Oh yeah, that game is eligible for the freebies. Free eats:

'Every fan attending each of the first four games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half-off for the first four games.'

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=651648

Old
01-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Alright so I bought my pair online.. Section 222, row D.. Here's the thing, the tickets are probably computer printouts (of e-tickets), but like I said earlier in the thread, I'm collecting the hard ticket from each arena.. So would someone on here who is definitely going to the game either be willing to meet me afterwards to give me their hard tickets, or be willing to meet before the game and just swap seats if they're comparable

I really appreciate the help. Looking forward to the free concessions. Not looking forward to playing a tough Penguins team

Old
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Alright so I bought my pair online.. Section 222, row D.. Here's the thing, the tickets are probably computer printouts (of e-tickets), but like I said earlier in the thread, I'm collecting the hard ticket from each arena.. So would someone on here who is definitely going to the game either be willing to meet me afterwards to give me their hard tickets, or be willing to meet before the game and just swap seats if they're comparable

I really appreciate the help. Looking forward to the free concessions. Not looking forward to playing a tough Penguins team
I'll probably be there & if so I could meet up at an intermission and give you my tickets. I'm only a couple of sections over in 217. The tix themselves are pretty unimpressive, though, since they were printed in a hurry - basic ticketmaster tickets with the logo slapped on.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
I'll probably be there & if so I could meet up at an intermission and give you my tickets. I'm only a couple of sections over in 217. The tix themselves are pretty unimpressive, though, since they were printed in a hurry - basic ticketmaster tickets with the logo slapped on.
Awesome thanks! I'll PM you if my tickets wind up being printouts.. I'm disappointed that they won't be the nice looking season tickets but I decided it wasn't worth waiting until next season.. And the ticketmaster tix look nicer than printouts to me so it's alright

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Penscup1991

Tickets for sale

I have the following games for sell. My seats are section 204, Row Q seats 5, 6 & 7. PM if you are interested in a game.
Wednesday 2/20 vs Flyers $450 for all SOLD
Monday 3/4 vs Lightning $265 for all
Saturday 3/16 vs Rangers $375 for all
Tuesday 3/19 vs Caps $330 for all SOLD
Tuesday 3/26 vs Canadians $265 for all
Saturday 3/30 vs Islanders $265 for all SOLD
Tuesday 4/2 vs Sabres $265 for all
Wednesday 4/17 Canadians $265 for all SOLD

Last edited by Penscup1991: 02-09-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Updated ticket status
Penscup1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:30 AM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

2 for tomorrow night vs Isles, section 224, row E seats 7-8

I have with me today at work, I can try and meet up, or can email and work out payment.

$85 for the pair...and this is one of the first 4 home games, so you are getting 3 free concession items per ticket

PM me

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote