HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It kinda sucks if it is the Montreal game though, since they usually have a pretty good invasion whenever we play them on a weekend.
That can easily be controlled. Announce it's retro night real soon, include that game in the partial plan they will come out with, don't take large group orders yet from people from Quebec.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It kinda sucks if it is the Montreal game though, since they usually have a pretty good invasion whenever we play them on a weekend.
Yeah but we now have 10k STH, combined with a STH presale and Devils fan-only presale.. They need to announce it as the St. Patty's game now to get Devils fans buying before Montreal fans pick that one out on the schedule and contact our group sales team

Old
01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Yeah but we now have 10k STH, combined with a STH presale and Devils fan-only presale.. They need to announce it as the St. Patty's game now to get Devils fans buying before Montreal fans pick that one out on the schedule and contact our group sales team
I imagine that brokers who are sths probably jumped on that game in the pre-sale this a.m.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
apice3*

Does anyone know when the non-STH presale starts?

Old
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
I imagine that brokers who are sths probably jumped on that game in the pre-sale this a.m.
When Eric was on here he said he snuffed out nearly all of the brokers.. But there are definitely some amateur brokers looking to cash in as well

Old
01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Does anyone know when the non-STH presale starts?
Tomorrow at 10am if you signed up on the team's website

Old
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
indfin

Quote:
When Eric was on here he said he snuffed out nearly all of the brokers.. But there are definitely some amateur brokers looking to cash in as well
I know they were working on limiting broker's ability to buy up cheap tickets by not "working" with them, but not sure how they can effectively (or legally) limit their rights vs. what they offer other sths.

Suppose they could have limited the # of tickets per game (to, for example, the # of season tickets you have)... or the # of games (although the latter would have little impact, as I am sure brokers (and sths looking to make a quick buck) were zeroing in on a relatively small # of games.

I think they wanted to do something for the season ticket holders here, and the price you pay is that some brokers get in and some season-ticket holders get into the brokerage business on a small scale (although no one would want to admit it, the Devils may feel that letting a sth make a few bucks back isn't a bad thing, overall).

I am sure they held some tickets back for the general pre-sale, and probably will hold some back even from that for the general sale.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Vick Vinegar
TCOB

Quote:
Tomorrow at 10am if you signed up on the team's website
I still haven't received the pre-sale code. Has anyone else?

Old
01-15-2013, 06:58 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick Vinegar View Post
I still haven't received the pre-sale code. Has anyone else?
How about I take you upstairs and show you what its like to live in a really big house

Old
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
NJDevils7

We can't even see the prices until the pre-sale starts?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils7 View Post
We can't even see the prices until the pre-sale starts?
Let me know which game and color coded area from this chart and I'll let you know the box office price.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41796

Old
01-15-2013, 08:20 PM
NJDevils7

What is the cheapest ticket to a premium game?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
What is the cheapest ticket to a premium game?
Brown is $41, but not sure if they will be available in the presale.

Next up is Green at $51 then balconies and mezz at $72.

If you know any season ticket holders, ask them to get you tickets this week at their cost-much lower prices.

If not, try for the upper level Greens.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Devilswiss

As stated before I'll be in NYC for a week and will attend the games on 2/5 and 2/7.
As recommendend I'll use Ticketmaster to get Tickets for the game vs. the Rangers.
The list three times: "Onsale to General Public" (7:00), "American Express" (9:00) and " Internet Presale" (10:00)... where's the difference in those?

Does that mean I'll have to wait till 10:00?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:18 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

I'm wondering about the presale too. Do I have to fill in that form and have the reps bug me constantly to get that presale or is it just for anyone as long as you order them online?

Old
01-16-2013, 07:32 AM
devlzfan

Opening Night

I'd be willing to pay slightly more than the STH price. If any STH can buy four green or aqua tickets for Opening NIght at the STH reduced rate, please private message me. I'll gladly pay you a convenience fee for your troubles.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Doesn't come as a surprise, but Amex presale has very limited seating, would expect this 10am presale to be similar with maybe a few more options

Devils single game prices v STH prices is pretty much set up with $30 price differences which obviously is the Devils trying to get more STH out of the single game buyers

Old
01-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Doesn't come as a surprise, but Amex presale has very limited seating, would expect this 10am presale to be similar with maybe a few more options

Devils single game prices v STH prices is pretty much set up with $30 price differences which obviously is the Devils trying to get more STH out of the single game buyers
More specifically, I think they'd like to get more people out of the StubHub plan

Old
01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
More specifically, I think they'd like to get more people out of the StubHub plan
and hey you can't blame them, it will probably work with some people

Old
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
is there some kind of presale today? I thought I heard that.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
MartysBetterThanYou

I saw the prices on the presale and was comparing them side-by-side. Stubhub prices are quite a bit below Single ticket prices right now for most non-Rangers/Flyers games. I had to bite and buy 3 seats in Row 3 of section 111 for $45 to the game vs. Islanders for $45 each on StubHub. The Internet presale price was $65. If they want people buying primary market seats, there has to be less of a disparity between STH seats and single game seats. The average fan looking at the single game prices doesn't know that season ticket prices are much less. They see $70 seats in the mezzanine and think a season ticket in the mezzanine costs $70/game.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Queensdevil

I just looked and couldn't find anything for the opener in the presale in the cheapest zone which was $42. Considering I bought $34 tickets for the first ranger game from a STH and prices are cheaper on the secondary as of now, I'll stick with that and possibly the $10 line for any games I decide on last minute.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
I saw the prices on the presale and was comparing them side-by-side. Stubhub prices are quite a bit below Single ticket prices right now for most non-Rangers/Flyers games. I had to bite and buy 3 seats in Row 3 of section 111 for $45 to the game vs. Islanders for $45 each on StubHub. The Internet presale price was $65. If they want people buying primary market seats, there has to be less of a disparity between STH seats and single game seats. The average fan looking at the single game prices doesn't know that season ticket prices are much less. They see $70 seats in the mezzanine and think a season ticket in the mezzanine costs $70/game.
They are in a tough spot. The season ticket holder is the lifeblood of the franchise. In addition to the fact that (to varying degrees) they pay in advance, they also are guaranteed revenue for the season, regardless of the team's performance. When the season ticket base is not substantial, they need to incentivize people to purchase them, since people almost never have to pay more then face value for a regular season game (and, if they do, that is offset by the many games for which the Devils offer discounts, as well as the secondary market).

A lack of season ticket base also forces a team into more/deeper individual game discounts, as they have so many tickets to get out the door (including many for "less attractive" games).

If/when they get the season ticket base up, they can slowly close the gap between season-ticket prices and individual game prices, as the fact that one has guaranteed seats for every game becomes a perk (face it, the guaranteed seat is not much of an incentive right now).

Look at the local football teams. For years, they provided no discount for sths and got away with making them (in effect) pay 25% more by virtue of forcing them to buy full-priced preseason games. Why? Because they sold the entire stadium as season tickets and had a waiting list.

Then, they charged PSLs (and raised prices), which ticked enough people off so that now (in the case of the Jets) they have thousands of seats that they need to sell on an individual basis and, in doing so with discounts, they are alienating more sths, who are also selling them in the secondary market at or below cost. Unless the Jets on-the-field performance improves dramatically (and quickly), they will continue to shed sths every year (or will have to cut their prices vs. individual games).

Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
NJDevils7

These ticket prices are a joke. You can find cheaper tickets on stubhub for every single game. I already bought tix for the home opener and the first Rangers game for ~$60 (including fees) on Stubhub.

The people who get screwed out of this are people like myself. I'm not a season ticket holder, but I probably go to 15 games a year. $80 with fees for the last row of the balcony??? So expensive

Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
indfin

Quote:
These ticket prices are a joke. You can find cheaper tickets on stubhub for every single game. I already bought tix for the home opener and the first Rangers game for ~$60 (including fees) on Stubhub.

The people who get screwed out of this are people like myself. I'm not a season ticket holder, but I probably go to 15 games a year. $80 with fees for the last row of the balcony??? So expensive
I will agree in that I don't get some of the individual game pricing. All balcony seats are the same price, but there are three different price points for season ticket holders in the balcony?

Not sure how you are getting screwed, though. If you find yourself paying (in all) below face value for your 15 games/year, then you are doing pretty well, as you are getting to pick just the games you want (and presumably never have to eat any tickets) and aren't paying a premium. If you find yourself paying a premium, then you should look into a partial plan (no idea what kind of discount you get, and you won't have the flexibility to pick/choose your games.

Closed Thread