HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MMA General News and Discussion Pt. Deux (Lesnar rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Chael via twitter:

Quote:
Hey Bike Boy, once you are done apologizing to Oprah, pedal on over to @jimrome show and apologize to me too.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:08 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Chael via twitter:

Old
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Chael has admitted to PED use for a medical reason, has medical clearance, and didn't give himself cancer because of his PED use and various other forms of substances to cover up said PED's. Lance Armstrong was using PED's for years to win numerous titles, denied it, covered it up, and is only coming clean after being caught, stripped of all his titles and winnings, and has had his name smeared. Two completely different scenarios.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Chael has admitted to PED use for a medical reason, has medical clearance, and didn't give himself cancer because of his PED use and various other forms of substances to cover up said PED's. Lance Armstrong was using PED's for years to win numerous titles, denied it, covered it up, and is only coming clean after being caught, stripped of all his titles and winnings, and has had his name smeared. Two completely different scenarios.
But when it's all said and done, they've both used PED's. A cheater's a cheater. I usually like what Chael has to say but he needs to shut up in this case.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:04 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
But when it's all said and done, they've both used PED's. A cheater's a cheater. I usually like what Chael has to say but he needs to shut up in this case.
You can't label someone a cheater if they're allowed to do it.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:20 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
Chael got busted.

Armstrong was pissed when Sonnen said he gave himself cancer from doing steroids. That turned ironic when Sonnen was busted for 4,219,209 times the allowed T limits.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:44 PM
BGDDYKWL

I know this isn't exactly what we're talking about here, but the big difference between the two in my eyes is you ask anyone who knows Chael (when the cameras are off) and they'll be the first to tell you he's a very nice and very respectful guy. Seems like anyone who has had direct experience with Lance will tell you he's a complete piece of garbage.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Dana was asked about Josh Barnett fighting in the UFC and his response was, "it's probably going to happen". Great news if it does in fact happen.

He said it during this media scrum.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:31 PM
End of Line
Human After All

'TUF: Canada' in works for 2013

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...orks-for-2013/

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Good first episode. The first fight looks like it should be a good one. I wish they'd show this twice a week, Tuesday and Thursdays would be nice.

Oops I wrote this in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Jasper: 01-24-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
BGDDYKWL

Chael: (in response to Vitor's comments)
Quote:
I thought he challenged me," Sonnen wrote during the live chat. "Which I quickly accepted. Then his people reached out to me and said I simply [misunderstood], that he simply wants the fight that I have, that he does not wish to fight me ... It's a good move by him, he's terrible."

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 01-26-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 09:05 AM
End of Line
Human After All

No more women booked till after UFC 157

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...after-UFC-157/

Good chance this card bombs, and this experiment is over most likely.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:29 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Fake Joe Silva @FakeJoeSilva
Rampage says Chael is "boring" and the reason he doesn't watch MMA. Oddly, Rampage is the reason Chael no longer enjoys watching movies.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Maxpac

What in the blue hell is Bellator thinking? EDDIE ALVAREZ DOES NOT WANT TO BE YOUR EMPLOYE. They have nothing to gain in all of this. Alvarez must regret ever joining them in the 1st place instead of going to Strikeforce now. They need to move on an squash this fast before every good tound talent becomes too scared to join them.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:58 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Chael:
What's this referring to? Belfort's remarks?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:00 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What in the blue hell is Bellator thinking? EDDIE ALVAREZ DOES NOT WANT TO BE YOUR EMPLOYE. They have nothing to gain in all of this. Alvarez must regret ever joining them in the 1st place instead of going to Strikeforce now. They need to move on an squash this fast before every good tound talent becomes too scared to join them.
Alvarez shouldn't have signed over to Bellator a right to match if he didn't want to work for them. His agent should have been more plugged into this possibility and a potential legal ruling, too.

As for all these comments about how this is going to ruin Bellator's chances at signing fighters - keep dreaming. The UFC only has so many roster spots, and guys want to make a living. This could certainly change how their top level fighters approach clauses where Bellator has a right to match, but this isn't going to dissuade fighters from signing with them in the first place any more than usual.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
What's this referring to? Belfort's remarks?
Yep.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
End of Line
Human After All

UFC President: Silva will fight GSP & Jon Jones before he retires

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...re-he-retires/

Old
01-26-2013, 02:31 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
, really? No one gives a damn who she is other than the fact she's good looking.

I really wish Rousey would just shut the **** up for once. Cyborg cannot whip her ass soon enough.

Full article.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-and-Canadian/
I honestly despise Rousey. She's basically a female Diaz bro. So ****ing annoying and talks a lot of ****, especially about GSP. I remember last year she said how GSP is ruining the sport...right that's why he draws in so many viewers?

I think she really took those GSP comments to heart when he said he doesn't like women's MMA (his reasoning was that he doesn't like to see women fighting each other, kind of like in a disturbing sense) and she took out of context thinking that he thinks women's MMA was lame or something like that. Such a ****ing idiot. She'll never fight Cyborg either.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:44 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
UFC President: Silva will fight GSP & Jon Jones before he retires

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...re-he-retires/
Saw this on ESPN's ticker as well. I like Dana, but this is a case of him expressing his hopes as fact, and unfortunately I just don't think it will be happening. Don't get me wrong, it's very unlikely IMO, but if Diaz beats GSP then that already throws this right out the window. GSP wants no part of Anderson, and Anderson wants no part of Jones. I don't see either fight happening.

They were interviewing Anderson's manager and they asked what was the fight they most wanted, and he said GSP. He said Anderson is looking for big fights against big names, and people often talk about GSP and Anderson as the two best P4P in the world, so that is a fight they would like. The interviewer then asked him about an Anderson-Jones fight, and he says, "No, that fight makes no sense."

Old
01-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Kitten Mittons

How does it make sense for Silva to fight GSP and not Jones? Oh right, because he has a much bigger chance of defeating GSP.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:06 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
Dana just dropped an unbelievable story how they were thiiis close to coming to terms with Fedor on a deal to fight Brock at Cowboy Stadium
Quote:
However, Fedor's dad died and then he said he was officially done. And then Brock said he was done. I can't do the story justice. Mind blown
Quote:
Dana convinced he told us this story already but no. You'll have to see the scrum video. He doesn't think Fedor will fight in the RUS debut
Woah...

Quote:
Dana said when he told us the Brock meeting went horribly it actually went well! Why did he say that? Because he didn't want to tell us. :/

Last edited by End of Line: 01-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
After Fedor's losses to Bigfoot, Hendo, and Werdum and Brock's losses to Overeem and Cain, that fight wouldn't have been that big but it still would have been fun to watch. Too bad they couldn't make it happen when both of them were on top.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:45 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
After Fedor's losses to Bigfoot, Hendo, and Werdum and Brock's losses to Overeem and Cain, that fight wouldn't have been that big but it still would have been fun to watch. Too bad they couldn't make it happen when both of them were on top.
It still would be "that big".

Old
01-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Dana always drops stories like these when they are of benefit for him to do so. See: Silva contract. It's possible but I don't really believe it.

Closed Thread