HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

Old
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
WanderingCapsFan

vCash: 500
Any update on B. Gordon's injury? I'm a Caps fan (Coyotes 2nd favorite team) and a big Gordon fan. Great faceoff and PK guy.

WanderingCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Hey guys, what are the chances of Klinkhammer getting a regular role on the 4th line? I used to watch him in Lethbridge and he has always been a good shutdown guy. His job was to shut down the Ryan Getzlafs of the league and he usually did a good job.

Thanks in advance.
I think Klinkhammer will get a call when injuries hit and it will be up to him to prove belongs over someone like Biz or Johnson.

Guys are going to get banged up this year. Only having 48 games means the intensity is going to be a lot higher from the beginning.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingCapsFan View Post
Any update on B. Gordon's injury? I'm a Caps fan (Coyotes 2nd favorite team) and a big Gordon fan. Great faceoff and PK guy.
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

Gordon is on the ice, skating with a handful of #Coyotes. Wearing no-contact yellow jersey.

Missed Tippett's scrum but he told reporters he thinks tests for Gordon went well and he expects him to be fine.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post

Gordon is on the ice, skating with a handful of #Coyotes. Wearing no-contact yellow jersey.

Missed Tippett's scrum but he told reporters he thinks tests for Gordon went well and he expects him to be fine.
Great news!

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/sta...88550931648512

Quote:

Gordon and Doan are the only #Coyotes not on the ice for practice this morning.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
doaner

Quote:
Doan and Gordon for gagner. Lol

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Hahaha where do i sign? Maybe you should get the opinion of the trade board.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I didn't think there is anything that could instantly stop me being a fan of the Coyotes but that would do it. Luckily there is a better chance of peace in the middle east.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I didn't think there is anything that could instantly stop me being a fan of the Coyotes but that would do it. Luckily there is a better chance of peace in the middle east.
Well, I could see Doan being moved before the season starts if there's no hope in hell for the ownership fiasco to be over, out of respect for the man. Start acquiring guys who speak french...

Maloney on Rundblad:

Quote:
Theres been considerate improvement, Treliving said. We know hes a terrific talent with the puck and from an offensive standpoint, but being able now to defend and just play the game in his own end and look after his responsibilities when he doesnt have the puck.

Hes taken a step forward in terms of his strength and his game without the puck, and whether its having Oliver (Ekman-Larsson) there or hes getting older and wiser, hes been very good for that team this year. Of all the guys, you ask me whos had the biggest jump up its probably David in where his game is at right now.
(On Rundblads game) Its so high-risk, high-reward, Maloney said. In fact, I describe it as high risk and a lot of times little reward. Hes always trying to beat people in his own end and in the neutral zone, and sometimes you need to be a little more conservative and move the puck.

Last year down there he would always want to beat people and turn pucks over, and this year its different, Maloney said. I think hes starting to understand you dont have to be a Selke finalist. You have to be capable of being on the ice and playing in your own end, and I really felt that area of his game has picked up and his offensive game has continued.

I still think theres still growth there, Maloney said. I think hes starting to understand what he needs to be in the NHL. Its not good enough to make one or two offensive plays but make half a dozen poor defensive breakdowns. That just doesnt add up. Hes taken a real step forward in my opinion.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Quote:
Doan and Gordon skated before the team. Both are dealing with "minor stuff," Tippett said. Gordon is upper body. Tip hadn't checked w/ Doan.
Followup.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Doan spent too much time negotiating contracts and labor disputes and not enough time training

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
BUX7PHX

Sorry to jump ahead a year, but Visentin has looked pretty good in Portland, and let's hope it continues as different players step into higher minutes due to call-ups.

Do we think that he gets pulled up at any time next season? We'd have the spot open, but I don't know if we have him as our #2 this early. Thoughts?

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Sorry to jump ahead a year, but Visentin has looked pretty good in Portland, and let's hope it continues as different players step into higher minutes due to call-ups.

Do we think that he gets pulled up at any time next season? We'd have the spot open, but I don't know if we have him as our #2 this early. Thoughts?
I still say this has more to do with how Smith does than how Visentin does. If Smith proves himself this season and we retain him, then I think the team would be much more willing to carry a young inexperienced #2.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post

I'd rather wait to bring him up until he's spent at least a full year in Portland as the number 1 guy. Right now he's splitting time with Johnson so I'd like to see his numbers hold up through a full work load before bringing him up. Find a competent one year stop gap next year, then look into bringing Vis up for the 14-15 season if he's still looking solid.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Raffi Torres reinventing his game

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...-his-game.html

Quote:
I cant afford to go through something like that again, Torres said. There are some things that Im going to have to change if I want to keep playing in this league at a competitive level, so I look forward to it. I know I can bring more to the game than just physical play.

Ive got some things were going to talk about before he gets back, coach Dave Tippett said. I think there are some things he can do to make him a better player but maybe make him a little less dangerous player. Hes a rugged guy. He plays hard, and thats how hes going to have to play. But theres some areas of the game we can show him where we can take some of the recklessness out of it.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
He obviously has to try but I just don't see how he can be an effective player without being physical and unfortunately he's a marked man so even when his hits are perfectly legal, people will be screaming for his head every time he delivers a good hit. It's hypocritical ******** but not much anyone can do about it.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
He obviously has to try but I just don't see how he can be an effective player without being physical and unfortunately he's a marked man so even when his hits are perfectly legal, people will be screaming for his head every time he delivers a good hit. It's hypocritical ******** but not much anyone can do about it.
Raffi can still be physical without being reckless. You don't have to try to make a hit on everyone on every shift to be effective. Raffi can contribute offensively and still throw a hit when the right situation is there.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Raffi can still be physical without being reckless. You don't have to try to make a hit on everyone on every shift to be effective. Raffi can contribute offensively and still throw a hit when the right situation is there.
That's hard to do when the mob is gunning for you. A standard hit thrown by anyone else will draw ire upon Raffi. It's going to be very tough for him to get anywhere near fair treatment.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:51 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
I think Klinkhammer will get a call when injuries hit and it will be up to him to prove belongs over someone like Biz or Johnson.

Guys are going to get banged up this year. Only having 48 games means the intensity is going to be a lot higher from the beginning.
Klinkhammer is a good depth guy. He played well here in Ottawa last year when he was first called up, but faded over time...

I mean, he brings ZERO offence... but his energy is really fun to watch. He's a guy you can put out there on your 4th line as a great energy guy, and he won't hurt you defensively. Not much more you can ask from a guy you'd be calling up for injuries, etc...

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:23 PM
lanky

Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Miele - Hanzal - Vrbata
Sullivan - Lombardi - Korpikoski
Chipchura - Gordon - Moss

Miele should get a shot. If not now, then when?

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:44 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Miele - Hanzal - Vrbata
Sullivan - Lombardi - Korpikoski
Chipchura - Gordon - Moss

Miele should get a shot. If not now, then when?
When the inevitable happens.

I see a Korpi - Lombardi - Moss line that will work
Maybe we'll see Sullivan switch with Korpikoski, but I don't see Moss being effective playing on the 4th line.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:59 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Tippett isn't going to hand a role to Miele.

I would try:

Sullivan- Lombardi - Doan
Boedker- Vermette - Moss
Korpi - Hanzal - Vrbata
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura
Johnson

I'd love to add someone to play with Hanzal - Vrbata and drop Chipchura to a part time gig. I'm fine with auditioning Miele or Conner in that role, I just don't think Tippett is. I wouldn't mind Gomez to that end.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I think Boedker can work with Hanzal-Vrbata

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I think Boedker can work with Hanzal-Vrbata
and Sullivan...and sometimes Korpikoski...and as we saw in the playoffs so can Chipchura in a pinch.

which is a good reminder...no use trying to write 3 man line combinations in ink with Tippett coaching. He's been pretty consistent with his 2-man system:

Hanzal/Vrbata and rotate Sullivan, Boedker, or ?
Gordon/Chipchura and rotate Korpi, Torres, or ?

The big question mark is whether it will be Vermette or Lombardi with Doan.

For the most part the Coyote's have 4 top six wingers. 4 bottom six wingers, 3 #2 centers, a 4th line center, and a good 13th/4 minute per gamer willing to drop the mitts option...lots of flexibility for Tippett to work with.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Watching the videos on the Coyotes website, it's incredible how much Mikkel Boedker has changed since his rookie season. He's always had tree trunks for legs but he looks like he's added about twenty pounds of muscle to his neck, shoulders, chest, and arms. He used to be such an awkward kid, too. All that acne, no eye contact, mumbling and trailing off. He's completely confident now. Huge change in him. I guess that's what happens when you go from a teenage boy to a grown ass man, but still, sort of shocking when you are reminded of it. At least to somebody as out of touch as me, I guess. Haha.