Jets on TV?

Old
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger15 View Post
Will every game be broadcast on TV in one form or another this year (i.e., on CBC, TSN or TSN Jets)?
That is standard league wide.
A couple southern teams had to use jumbotron feeds last year for a couple games but they still showed the games.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Trigger15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
That is standard league wide.
A couple southern teams had to use jumbotron feeds last year for a couple games but they still showed the games.
Sweet, thanks for the answer. Didn't realize it was a league standard.

Trigger15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

i really like the tsn guys, both radio and tv. I used to be a huge cbc supporter, but comparing their coverage last year to what the guys at tsn did was not very flattering... i'd prefer to have the guys from tsn do every game.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
i really like the tsn guys, both radio and tv. I used to be a huge cbc supporter, but comparing their coverage last year to what the guys at tsn did was not very flattering... i'd prefer to have the guys from tsn do every game.
Agree, Grind. I really enjoy TSN Jets broadcasts as well. I love that we get a post-game show as well and get to hear Noel's presser. A solid, well done production, in my opinion.

01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The two WORST CBC guys. Awesome. Oh well, guess I'll be syncing TV up with TSN Radio
Well then... this isn't sounding promising.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Lorenzo1000

Shaw TSN Jets & Centre Ice Info

Shaw TSN Jets Free preview until Feb then $9.95 per month. You have to sign up for it even if you signed up last year. https://community.shaw.ca/message/11385

Shaw NHL Centre ICE Free Preview until Feb then $49.99 one payment for rest of season. No time payment plan available this year. https://community.shaw.ca/thread/2987

By the way if you have at least 2 Shaw services you can join Shaw Friends for free online and get a 15% discount on the centre ice package by signing up through their concierge chat.

http://www.shaw.ca/shaw-friends/

Last edited by Lorenzo1000: 01-16-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Lorenzo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
mts.ca/tsnjets is where mts customers cab subscribe to the channel. 9.99 a month.
You don't don't even have to do that, signed up this year just using my MTS remote on the Jets channel.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
jester24

Speaking of the Jets on TV, did anyone else notice that the second Jet game of the year is Monday the 21st in Boston at NOON!!! Great job scheduling a Canadian teams second game of the year on a U.S. holiday. PVR or phone in sick, hmmm...

jester24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester24 View Post
Speaking of the Jets on TV, did anyone else notice that the second Jet game of the year is Monday the 21st in Boston at NOON!!! Great job scheduling a Canadian teams second game of the year on a U.S. holiday. PVR or phone in sick, hmmm...
Bet absent-ism will be near record levels Monday in Winnipeg.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester24 View Post
On the original 82 game schedule we were going to have 2 games on a weekday
afternoon.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo1000 View Post
Shaw TSN Jets Free preview until Feb then $9.95 per month. You have to sign up for it even if you signed up last year. https://community.shaw.ca/message/11385

Shaw NHL Centre ICE Free Preview until Feb then $49.99 one payment for rest of season. No time payment plan available this year. https://community.shaw.ca/thread/2987

I just phoned Shaw and it took me less than 5 minutes and I added both these channels so for about $80 I get every Jet game and every NHL game until the playoffs.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Roooski

To those that said TSN Jets is free on Bell, that is incorrect. It is included with your Sports 1 package. For newer subscribers it would be in the Better or Best category. So you techincally are still paying for that package however you recieve a number of channels instead of paying for just 1. Their incentive to try and lure you to Bell is by saying that it is free/included and not a stand alone channel as the other providers. Guess that is because Bell media owns TSN and the rights to the channel.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:54 PM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I just phoned Shaw and it took me less than 5 minutes and I added both these channels so for about $80 I get every Jet game and every NHL game until the playoffs.
You won't get every NHL game. Some are not available. I know last year 4 Washington
games were not on and Shaw gave free access to Game Center Live to access
those games. This year they dropped the Game Center Live for free.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:29 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
There is a tracker that you can get the channel added automatically without having to call back in.
This sounds right. I ordered it Monday and was told I'm good to go, and it would be free until Feb 1st. They also asked if I wanted to notify them every year or have an automatic renue. Of course I choose automatic renue

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

I ordered my TSN- Jets channel 290 the other day and I noticed it is active this morning, it had 1290 radio playing on there so I assume it's active for Jets games

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm with Bell and last year the CBC-only games were only broadcast in Standard Def if I remember correctly. I hope that's not the case this year. After watching a HD Sat signal, it's really tough to go back to standard def.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Chuck View Post
I'm with Bell and last year the CBC-only games were only broadcast in Standard Def if I remember correctly. I hope that's not the case this year. After watching a HD Sat signal, it's really tough to go back to standard def.
CBC doesn't think western Canadian's are worthy of HD, they do show all their NHL broadcasts in eastern Canada in HD though.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
CBC doesn't think western Canadian's are worthy of HD, they do show all their NHL broadcasts in eastern Canada in HD though.
Really? I wonder what the justification is for that??? Aside from any rediculous bias.

I wonder if we can petition them.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Chuck View Post
At the start of last year the WPG CBC HD channel wasn't available.
If Bell, or whichever other provider you have, has CBC WPG in HD you will get tO watch the games in HD. If not, speak to your provider and ask why you don't get CBC WPG in HD.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
At the start of last year the WPG CBC HD channel wasn't available.
If Bell, or whichever other provider you have, has CBC WPG in HD you will get tO watch the games in HD. If not, speak to your provider and ask why you don't get CBC WPG in HD.
I don't think Bell has CBC West in HD, still. The only way we get Saturday CBC Jets games in HD is if we're on the National feed. In other words, we get HD if they are playing in the afternoon or playing the Leafs. It sucks.

I purchased an OTA HD Antenna last year specifically for local CBC in HD. It's stupid that I have to, given how much I'm paying for Bell.

If I'm wrong and Bell has added this channel, someone please let me know!

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
MrGrinch

Not having CBWT-HD on Bell this year shouldn't be a huge problem as most of our Saturday games are earlier and you can easily tune to CBC east or west HD feeds. Ottawa games are a bigger issue, but I think Bell recently added SCR-HD Ottawa so if you don't mind the French you should be good to go.

As the poster above me mentioned, buy an HD over the air tuner from the Source. Not sure what receiver you have but it integrates nicely with the program guide and is superior quality signal to anything compressed that Bell offers...

MrGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Good point, MrGrinch, it's not much of a big deal this year.

As far as integrating the OTA antenna into the Bell guides, it only works on the 9200 (now defunct), 9242 (Dual Tuner PVR), or 6141 (HD Receiver).

It doesn't work with the current 9241 (Dual Tuner PVR) or 6131.

That said, most people have the OTA tuner built into their TV so it's not much of an issue other than not being able to use the PVR if you have one. I kept my old 9200 just to use for OTA PVR-ing.

Bottom line, Bell needs to get CBWT-HD

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:01 PM
mondo3

Just confirmed with Shaw that even if you subscribed to the Jets station last year, you have to contact them to re-subscribe this year. However, January is free.
Whoops...not sure how to delete a post...just noticed this was already mentioned.

Last edited by mondo3: 01-17-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: type
mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Good point, MrGrinch, it's not much of a big deal this year.

As far as integrating the OTA antenna into the Bell guides, it only works on the 9200 (now defunct), 9242 (Dual Tuner PVR), or 6141 (HD Receiver).

It doesn't work with the current 9241 (Dual Tuner PVR) or 6131.

That said, most people have the OTA tuner built into their TV so it's not much of an issue other than not being able to use the PVR if you have one. I kept my old 9200 just to use for OTA PVR-ing.

Bottom line, Bell needs to get CBWT-HD
I'm surprised by this.
I thought Bell would be forced to offer local channels in HD if they are available. Can't see local broadcasters being happy about that.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Roooski

I had called Bell, as I am sure many others did last year, and they stated they did not have CBC HD Winnipeg feed as there was not enough demand. Actually it took me about 45 mins of arguing with CSR and finally a manager to understand that they actually don't have it. They wanted me to continously troubleshoot my reciever as if I was just not getting that programming. They would not even listen to me try and explain it is not a channel they are offering...finally the manager explained that it was a problem and they were recieving a high volume of calls about it. I would have assumed that they would have added it by now.

Only way I can see them adding it is if people continue to call in and complain. Afterall it is a local channel that we SHOULD already have included in our packages.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote