HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 01:08 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Excited about the start of the season but I hate that this is still lingering. Its annoying since we all had to endure all that CBA non sense...this situation feels like a crappy spin off of that BS. ROR for Kulikov would shock me seeing as Kulikov is also holding out and in Russia. Your better off tryin to pry the good ole Canadian boy back to Denver then making a trade like that.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:23 PM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Kulikov is very overrated. He is a great defenceman, but not what hf makes him out to be. I think Radar has higher value. If we're trading for a defenceman i want Yandle, or somebody of that class which despite what most of you think, kulikov is not.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
Kulikov is very overrated. He is a great defenceman, but not what hf makes him out to be. I think Radar has higher value. If we're trading for a defenceman i want Yandle, or somebody of that class which despite what most of you think, kulikov is not.
However Yandle is a pipe dream that would take 3 O'Reilly's.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Glasscog

What about Erik gudbranson?

Old
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
While I would agree that Yandle would cost more than just O'Reilly, I don't know if I would say it would take "3 O'Reilly's" (my apologies if you were just being facetious)

Old
01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

So Devils are paying Zajac $5.75M/year now. Certainly doesn't help Avs case here, even if Zajac was a pending UFA.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
So Devils are paying Zajac $5.75M/year now. Certainly doesn't help Avs case here, even if Zajac was a pending UFA.
Being a Pending UFA doesn't change anything from the Avs' pov. A Pending UFA certainly has leverage, because he can leave.

Plus Zajac's deal is 8 years a AAV of 5.75m. If O'Reilly's camp was open to a longer-term deal eating UFA dollars at a rate of 4.5-5m, I'm thinking that the talks would be as "contentious" as TPS has indicated that they are.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
How about your choice of David Runblad or Michael Stone + Chris Brown as a starting point? Both are NHL ready but stuck competing for the #6 spot in Phoenix. Stone was a +7 in 13 games for the Coyotes and looked great. You know what Rundblad is all about. Brown is a power forward who has been doing well with his transition to the AHL.

Quote:
Up the middle

Shoring up depth at the center position has become a personal project for General Manager Don Maloney.

For quick results, Maloney has usually turned to the trade or free agent market in recent years (Antoine Vermette and Boyd Gordon are current examples of that).

“That’s an area we have to improve and it’s really hard to find, especially in the age group we want,” Maloney said. “If we’re going to give up quality, we want to get quality at a younger age where we can get somebody here for eight or 10 years. Otherwise, we’ll stick with what we have.”

But tapping into the draft (like they did with Martin Hanzal) might become more of a priority in the future.

“I’ve really come to realize you might have to over-draft centermen because a lot of times when you do draft at 17 and as they mature, some of them end up being wingers,” Maloney said. “It’s very easy to go from center to the wing than wing to the center.”
From our local rag. I am sure Yandle for O'Reilly was discussed at one point, based off of this.

Old
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Not the type of player we need IMO. We need someone who can handle the puck.

Old
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Little+Bogosian for Wilson+OReilly, please Sherman.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post

Old
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
How about your choice of David Runblad or Michael Stone + Chris Brown as a starting point? Both are NHL ready but stuck competing for the #6 spot in Phoenix. Stone was a +7 in 13 games for the Coyotes and looked great. You know what Rundblad is all about. Brown is a power forward who has been doing well with his transition to the AHL.
See.. The rest of the hockeyworld doesnt rate RoR nearly as high as we do. He isn't a famous name around the league and unsigned moaning in Russia demanding 5.0M isn't helping his trade value at all.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Little+Bogosian for Wilson+OReilly, please Sherman.

I don't think you mean, 'please Sherman' cause Sherman would pull that trigger. You mean 'please Cheveldayoff'.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Zajac's situation is different. O'Reilly has never put up more than 20g or 55 points. Zajac has 2 seasons over 20g and 60 points (he also scored 14 points in the playoffs last season). Zajac is a 1B center currently on a team where he will be expected to carry more of the load (and thus expected to score more points). O'Reilly is currently just a #2C.

Also Zajac's contracts goes 3.5m 5m 6.5m 6.5m 6.5m 5.75m 5.75m. I'm sure if ROR wanted a deal that went 3.5m 4m 4.5m 5m 5m it would have been done by now.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
O'Reilly & Benn just got some added ammo for their cases too. And my PK comment is a comparable in terms of worth to franchise, not position

Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I don't think you mean, 'please Sherman' cause Sherman would pull that trigger. You mean 'please Cheveldayoff'.
Agreed. Little and Bogosian would be a nice package, and we know that the Avs have/had interest in Little in the past.

But it would definitely cost more than O'Reilly and Wilson. The Jets may not even want Wilson.

Siemens/Barrie/Elliott would be a lot closer than Wilson to what the Jets would probably want...and even then there's no guarantee that the Jets are even willing/wanting to part with Little and Bogosian

***EDIT***

The "LOL" img might have been a bit hurtful, I removed it from my Quote

Old
01-16-2013, 01:51 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
See.. The rest of the hockeyworld doesnt rate RoR nearly as high as we do. He isn't a famous name around the league and unsigned moaning in Russia demanding 5.0M isn't helping his trade value at all.
I just see typical HF. A guy wanting to get premier talent by assembling "high value" packages without giving up something that would hurt...
Could atleast have the decency to offer up Gormley if he was serious.

And yeah that s a big hell no.

If you would have visited the main board you would have seen that FLA and COL fans almost unanimously agreed upon a Kulikov and ROR swap.
RoR should and will fetch established talent

Old
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Agreed. Little and Bogosian would be a nice package, and we know that the Avs have/had interest in Little in the past.

But it would definitely cost more than O'Reilly and Wilson. The Jets may not even want Wilson.

Siemens/Barrie/Elliott would be a lot closer than Wilson to what the Jets would probably want...and even then there's no guarantee that the Jets are even willing/wanting to part with Little and Bogosian
Bogosian played really well last year and exceeded a lot of Jets expectations. He was their pillar when Enstrom and Buff were out. He is building back into that franchise D the Jets were hoping. He may never touch Doughty or Petriangelo hype on HF but he's going to be a solid no. 1 dman.

That isn't to say the Jets won't trade him but they'd expect Duchene back. Something I wouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger for. However, for RoR. You're looking closer to Enstrom. Which, I wouldn't mind if he was a few years younger. He'd be great for a team looking to win the cup. We're just looking to make the playoffs and anything more is just a plus.

***edit***

Ah I know muffin back from our Avs Main Forum thread. I doubt I could hurt his feelings. The only one that could is Yuna Ito!

Old
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
I've watched Gudbranson for 5 years now from minor midget when he played with the Jr 67's to his time in Kingston. This guy is so good. I mean, he plays like Dion Phaneuf, and I'd give him a better attitude on top of it. The only reason why we aren't getting this guy is because the panther's would be stupid to trade him for ROR.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Bogosian played really well last year and exceeded a lot of Jets expectations. He was their pillar when Enstrom and Buff were out. He is building back into that franchise D the Jets were hoping. He may never touch Doughty or Petriangelo hype on HF but he's going to be a solid no. 1 dman.

That isn't to say the Jets won't trade him but they'd expect Duchene back. Something I wouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger for. However, for RoR. You're looking closer to Enstrom. Which, I wouldn't mind if he was a few years younger. He'd be great for a team looking to win the cup. We're just looking to make the playoffs and anything more is just a plus.

***edit***

Ah I know muffin back from our Avs Main Forum thread. I doubt I could hurt his feelings. The only one that could is Yuna Ito!

Yea you're gonna eat your words when Bogosian comes to the Avs for OReilly chewey xd

Old
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I just see typical HF. A guy wanting to get premier talent by assembling "high value" packages without giving up something that would hurt...
Could atleast have the decency to offer up Gormley if he was serious.

And yeah that s a big hell no.

If you would have visited the main board you would have seen that FLA and COL fans almost unanimously agreed upon a Kulikov and ROR swap.
RoR should and will fetch established talent
This. Not even a guy off their roster? Just the old "NHL READY" term people love to use. If anyone remembers what Pittsburgh got from Washington in return for Jagr, you'll know that these types of trades are practically non-existant nowadays.

I know I'll be in the minority but personally, I'm not even certain I would do Yandle for RoR, one for one. I like Yandle, though at this point in his career, at age 26, he is pretty much heading into his prime and you know what you're going to get from him. With O'Reilly still 21, not so much. We DO know he's very solid defensively and has untapped potential offensively. I have to laugh when people write stuff like "we all know he'll never put up more than 50-60 points at any point in his career" when only 1 year and a half ago, you could read that same exact same sentiment and just replace the numbers with 30-40. Since he is only 21, I certainly don't feel comfortable making that kind of statement because I feel he can STILL get better from the guy we saw last season and that's why it's a bit of a nightmare to try and trade him and get equal value in return. Did anyone really see a 55 point season out of his last year?

Very tricky to trade him for anyone at this point in his career unless it's at the draft, let's say for a very, very high pick or something like that. I can see that kind of thing maybe happening.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I think Yandle will be a Bruin once his contract expires. Granted, it's three and a half seasons away so it's not the end of the world.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:58 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
This. Not even a guy off their roster? Just the old "NHL READY" term people love to use. If anyone remembers what Pittsburgh got from Washington in return for Jagr, you'll know that these types of trades are practically non-existant nowadays.
What ****** forward do you want off our roster? And I said that as a starting point. I know you guys think the world of ROR, but he is holding out after 1 good year. Not optimal for extracting value out of an asset that is set to contribute nothing this year.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
What ****** forward do you want off our roster? And I said that as a starting point. I know you guys think the world of ROR, but he is holding out after 1 good year. Not optimal for extracting value out of an asset that is set to contribute nothing this year.
We wouldn't want to burden Coyotes with this bad egg. He is a weight we have to carry on our shoulders. Even if it costs us a player or two that might be NHL ready.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
I want you to give us OEL for Cody Mcleod. Actually you should throw in a first rounder to make the trade even.

Closed Thread