HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I've watched more then a few games this year and I have to say out of the currently active D-men we have down there Syvret has played all around the best followed closely by Lauridsen. I don't know where all this negativity surrounding him is coming form.
Neither do I, and I actually thought he looked decent his last stint with the Flyers. I'd certainly take him over Bourdon, for example.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
kicksave27

I'm guessing heeter hasn't looked that great, boosh is going down there soon

Old
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Neither do I, and I actually thought he looked decent his last stint with the Flyers. I'd certainly take him over Bourdon, for example.
To my knowledge Lauridsen has never played on the Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Heeter has actually gotten progressively better to the point that he has posted respectable numbers so far considering the fact that he is in his 1st pro yr and plays on one of the worst teams in the league. Boosh going down is more for the insurance of the big club imo. in fact last i heard they were going to continue to carry Munroe and Heeter in addition to Boucher. Though I think down the stretch we can expect to see Heeter and Boucher splitting the majority of the games since Munroe is a career AHLer and is signed to a minor league contract and can therefore not be called up to the Flyers in case of an injury.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Ryker

Quote:
I meant Syvret, and thought you meant him when you were talking about the negativity.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:21 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I meant Syvret, and thought you meant him when you were talking about the negativity.
oh. i was referring to Lauridsen, sorry for the confusion.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:53 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
The Boosh move IMO was not a reflection of Heeters play. He has been very good of late. I think it speaks more to their confidence in Hovinen as a number 3. Munroe can't be called up. Heeter is just a victim of circumstance in all of this.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:33 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:

Heeter has actually gotten progressively better to the point that he has posted respectable numbers so far considering the fact that he is in his 1st pro yr and plays on one of the worst teams in the league. Boosh going down is more for the insurance of the big club imo. in fact last i heard they were going to continue to carry Munroe and Heeter in addition to Boucher. Though I think down the stretch we can expect to see Heeter and Boucher splitting the majority of the games since Munroe is a career AHLer and is signed to a minor league contract and can therefore not be called up to the Flyers in case of an injury.
Heeter's play has definitely improved quite a bit since the beginning of the season. His numbers are comparable to Munroe's at this point.

This being said I do not think that carrying 3 goalies is a good situation for any of them, but mainly for Heeter. IMO it would be best to carry Boucher and Munroe on the Phantoms and send Heeter down to Trenton to share the net with Hovinen (since the Flyers are the Titans ECHL parent club I believe that can tell the Devils that they must find another home for Wedgewood).

There are 2 benefits to this. The first is that Heeter gets the necessary reps at practice and can be the Titans starter. The second is that if the Flyers need a goalie in an emergency situation and Boucher can't make it down to Philly in a timely manner, Heeter is local and can be recalled (preferable over recalling Hovinen).

Old
01-16-2013, 03:20 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Heeter's play has definitely improved quite a bit since the beginning of the season. His numbers are comparable to Munroe's at this point.

This being said I do not think that carrying 3 goalies is a good situation for any of them, but mainly for Heeter. IMO it would be best to carry Boucher and Munroe on the Phantoms and send Heeter down to Trenton to share the net with Hovinen (since the Flyers are the Titans ECHL parent club I believe that can tell the Devils that they must find another home for Wedgewood).

There are 2 benefits to this. The first is that Heeter gets the necessary reps at practice and can be the Titans starter. The second is that if the Flyers need a goalie in an emergency situation and Boucher can't make it down to Philly in a timely manner, Heeter is local and can be recalled (preferable over recalling Hovinen).
Will NEVER happen. Wedgewood is our #1 Goalie and is the main reason we aren't further in the basement of the conference. Not only that but the fans absolutely love Wedgewood, and so does the front office.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonPwnedFlorida View Post
Will NEVER happen. Wedgewood is our #1 Goalie and is the main reason we aren't further in the basement of the conference. Not only that but the fans absolutely love Wedgewood, and so does the front office.
That's all well and good but the titans are the flyers affiliate and if they choose to send Heeter down they can. That said given his recent success at the ahl level I don't think that he would be a downgrade over Wedgewood. The other option would be to loan Hovinen to another echl team.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:44 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

Quote:
That's all well and good but the titans are the flyers affiliate and if they choose to send Heeter down they can. That said given his recent success at the ahl level I don't think that he would be a downgrade over Wedgewood. The other option would be to loan Hovinen to another echl team.
I never said anything about whether or not they are "allowed" to send Heeter down, of course they can do that. But its completely stupid to suggest they force Wedgewood out. Trenton also has a signed agreement with the Devils, and the front office WANTS him here. If Wedgewood was forced out, they would lose almost all the fan support they have (which is a fragile thing with us at the basement)

Of course, your last option sounds ok. Send down Heeter and move Hovinen somewhere else. The Devils had to send Clermont to Elmira since we didnt have room. Im sure the Flyers can do the same.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:12 AM
pelts35.com

Hovinen heading back to Finland?

http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CDQQ7gEwAA

This would open a spot in Trenton, but based on most of the recent articles it looks like Homer wants Heeter in ADK so Trenton may need to shop for a goalie. Munny is on an AHL contract and I don't believe he can be sent to Trenton.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:19 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

This would open a spot in Trenton, but based on most of the recent articles it looks like Homer wants Heeter in ADK so Trenton may need to shop for a goalie. Munny is on an AHL contract and I don't believe he can be sent to Trenton.
Good riddance!!!!! Now, get Sunshine signed to a contract and bring him over here for next season.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

why?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Good riddance!!!!! Now, get Sunshine signed to a contract and bring him over here for next season.
Seriously...

I can't believe they chose one of our last contract slots that year on Hovinen over Sunshine.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
From what I heard the Flyer's brass are unhappy with him and his work ethic.

Heeter has been playing great.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Seriously...

I can't believe they chose one of our last contract slots that year on Hovinen over Sunshine.
i don't get it either. he'll be turning 23 in a couple months so he's still pretty young for a goalie. i have a feeling someone will snatch him up soon.

his number the past two yrs have been very impressive (even 3yrs ago he posted very respectable numbers ~.920SV%)
2011-12 33GP 1.73GAA .935SV%
2012-13 22GP 1.73GAA .931SV%

Old
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Seriously...

He was a boom or bust prospect and apparently he went bust. Nothing wrong with taking a chance. It sucks that under the new transfer rules, I think the Flyers would have signed Sunshine but with the old rules, he had a subpar year right before they had to sign him.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
FlyersFan61290

follow up on Sunshine

here are his numbers again for the past two season in the SEL
2012-13 22GP 1.73GAA .931SV% (season not over yet)

here are Lundqvist's numbers from his last 2 yr in the SEL (as a 21-23yo which just so happens to be Sunshines age in the seasons listed above) before making the jump to the NHL.
2003–04 48 GP 2.17GAA .927SV%
2004–05 44GP 1.79GAA .936SV%

i'm not saying he's anywhere near Lundqvist's level or that he could potentially be even but as of right now Sunshine is a top 3 goalie i would say in the SEL as a 22yo. i'm just saying that i think he could be a very capable goalie in this league (surely better then most of our current prospects).

btw he's now eligible to be signed as a free-agent

Old
01-18-2013, 11:56 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously...

It made little sense. I dont want to hear the well it was a 7th rounder, no big deal. that excuse is a load of crap. you can never have enough goaltending in the system.
unless you are Flyer management. they could of cut someone like Klotz instead. If they wanted Hovinen fine, but not over another goaltending prospect.
But yeah lets keep plugging in these crappy minor leaguer guys in ADK. Are the Phantoms going to be relevant again anytime soon?

Old
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
i don't get it either. he'll be turning 23 in a couple months so he's still pretty young for a goalie. i have a feeling someone will snatch him up soon.

his number the past two yrs have been very impressive (even 3yrs ago he posted very respectable numbers ~.920SV%)
2012-13 22GP 1.73GAA .931SV%
His numbers were also good with Leksand when they were relegated to Allsvenskan. On top of that, his numbers were also very good in the Swedish U20 league. He only had one mediocre season and that was his first year in the SEL and even then, he still finished the year out very strong. Never understood why the Flyers never game him a chance, yet they signed Hovinen when he only had the only good season in his career in the Finnish Elite League. Never understood that at all.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:03 PM
dats81

I don't think Sunshine's upside has ever been questioned.

Hovinen appeared to be a step closer and had put up multiple good seasons in a row so they picked him over Eriksson who according to some sources more or less refused coming to NA unless being guaranteed an NHL roster spot which apparently would not happen with the Flyers. If he accepted a two way contract and put in just a fraction of the passion and determination of someone like Sergei Bobrovski, he'd be already tearing apart the AHL, challenging Leighton for the Flyers backup slot this year.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
trentondevil

Quote:

According to ECHL transactions list dated today Trenton signed and EBUG.

http://www.echl.com/stats/transactions.php

Old
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentondevil View Post
According to ECHL transactions list dated today Trenton signed and EBUG.

http://www.echl.com/stats/transactions.php
But doesn't list anything about Hovinen being released/loaned.

FlyersFan61290, I am guessing you are asking why Munny can't be assigned to Trenton? I believe that to be the case based on the PHPA's (AHL, ECHL and CHL players association) CBA. I have personally known some AHL veterans signed to AHL deals that they could not be assigned to the ECHL.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
But doesn't list anything about Hovinen being released/loaned.

FlyersFan61290, I am guessing you are asking why Munny can't be assigned to Trenton? I believe that to be the case based on the PHPA's (AHL, ECHL and CHL players association) CBA. I have personally known some AHL veterans signed to AHL deals that they could not be assigned to the ECHL.
no, sorry i was asking why Hovinen was going back overseas. i read the translated article but it didn't provide a reason. i was mostly curious as to who was behind the decision. if flyers management wanted him to go back to Finland and get his game back on track or if Hovinen wanted out of the ECHL.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:06 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
no, sorry i was asking why Hovinen was going back overseas. i read the translated article but it didn't provide a reason. i was mostly curious as to who was behind the decision. if flyers management wanted him to go back to Finland and get his game back on track or if Hovinen wanted out of the ECHL.
No worries.

I know that Titans management and coach Vince Williams have not been happy with his performance and work ethic and I suspect he hasn't been happy since being assigned to the ECHL.

Closed Thread