HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  #676
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Though I don't think he should get Doughty dough, I do think it's important that PK gets back to work ASAP and starts the season on time. Is it worth giving him 6 + mil/season? Of course not, but for all considered, it might be in MB's best interest to lock him up long-term. If he was going to take a 2-year deal, he would've taken it by now. So fine - go the other way: buy up as many UFA years as you can at, let's say, $5-5.5 mil/season.
For the sake of argument, let's say 7 years, $36.75 mil. That way, you end the stalemate, PK gets what he wants (a long-term deal) and it's not an un-tradeable contract.
Every GM at one point or another ends up paying more than he'd like. I think it's damage control at this point.
A 2 or 3 year contract at 4 million per year should be enough. Longer than that or more than that is overpayment.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
  #677
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
As long as the contract is equal to or < 3 years or > 5 years i'm cool with it. It's useless to speculate on the dollar figure.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
  #678
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
With all the talk of Subban's bank account, any news on his game shape?

Lshap is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
  #679
Lions999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
With all the talk of Subban's bank account, any news on his game shape?
Apparently top shape...

Lions999 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
  #680
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
its not my fault you only watch habs games, and base your opinion on other habs fans opinions.
I watch other games, a lot of them (NHL Center Ice package is awesome!), I wouldn't trade PK for either of them neither.
If Markov was back to his old form and Beaulieu was showing signs to be just as good as PK, then maybe PK would be more expendable, just like the only reason Edmonton would even think about moving Eberle, it's because they still have guys like RNH, Hall and Yak up front. Although it would still be far from a done deal, it would make a little more sense. But right now, if we would do that, then the next player we'd be looking for is someone exactly like PK. It would advance our team nowhere.
Also, Eberle signed an extension of 6y 36M right after his ELC, so he apparently doesn't fall under our team's contractual structure, which means a bridge contract.
I would have no issues if PK got as much as Eberle got with his extension.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
  #681
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
With all the talk of Subban's bank account, any news on his game shape?
He'll be in good shape, but I worry that he won't be ready since he's probably going to miss the camp.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
  #682
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 500
Can't bame PK for wanting security if that's what he's after. PK has seen first hand what can happen to d-men (Gorges, Markov). And he happens to have the same agent as Markov. LOL

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
  #683
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Can't bame PK for wanting security if that's what he's after. PK has seen first hand what can happen to d-men (Gorges, Markov). And he happens to have the same agent as Markov. LOL
Meehan is pimpin' the Habs D one player at a time.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
  #684
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
MB already said less than 4 days ago that he will NOT trade PK during an interview with RDS. So what difference does it make what offers he gets ?
The same MB who 10 days ago said Scott Gomez isa part if this team and will be at training camp

GordonGraham is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
  #685
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
The same MB who 10 days ago said Scott Gomez isa part if this team and will be at training camp
That was before he congregated with his staff in my opinion. He just spoke about what the situation was at the time.

Obviously things could change in a hurry for PK as well if a very good deal was on the table though.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
  #686
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
I dont see any hope to see subban anytime soon... so frustrating.... i mean there is no more communication everyone stay at their initial mindset and thats that... we wait... for.... someone to make a move... but... no one... is doing... much.... ARGH!

Thank God Galchenyuk will be there to lift the spirits.

Montreal Impact FC is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
  #687
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I dont see any hope to see subban anytime soon... so frustrating.... i mean there is no more communication everyone stay at their initial mindset and thats that... we wait... for.... someone to make a move... but... no one... is doing... much.... ARGH!

Thank God Galchenyuk will be there to lift the spirits.
Dude. Give it a week at most. I don't know what you call "soon", but he'll be there before you know it. Making your skin go goosebumps and you hair fall out of frustration, sometimes both at the same time!

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
  #688
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Dude. Give it a week at most. I don't know what you call "soon", but he'll be there before you know it. Making your skin go goosebumps and you hair fall out of frustration, sometimes both at the same time!
Well honestly what would prevent him to miss 1 games or 10 games.. once you missed one heck he could take the year off it wouldnt even surprise me anymore.. never tought Subban would play it that way... not saying Bergevin is not acting like subban was average prospect... but damn whats the big deal to offer a long term contract... everyone know in the hockey circles subban is franchise defenseman. Its just gives me that sour taste like the lockout was being extended... but at the end both sides are losing... of course Subban will get his money eventually but his perception in the locker room will be BAD, ease his missing the opportunity to improve and play...i dont know if Bergevin is waiting for an offer sheet that will maybe even be bigger that what subban maybe expecting..

Montreal Impact FC is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:22 PM
  #689
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Well honestly what would prevent him to miss 1 games or 10 games.. once you missed one heck he could take the year off it wouldnt even surprise me anymore.. never tought Subban would play it that way... not saying Bergevin is not acting like subban was average prospect... but damn whats the big deal to offer a long term contract... everyone know in the hockey circles subban is franchise defenseman. Its just gives me that sour taste like the lockout was being extended... but at the end both sides are losing... of course Subban will get his money eventually i dont know if Bergevin is waiting for an offer sheet that will maybe even be bigger that what subban maybe expecting..
Look at it this way: Subban's agent don't get paid if Subban isn't signed.

And both him and Subban knows that the more he is away from Montreal's lockey room, the colder he becomes in the public's heart. Public opinion is fickle.

He'll sign. It's just a question of who blinks first, and trust me, give it TOP 1 week after saturday.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
  #690
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Ofcourse one side could be wrong, if the evaluation is too high or low depending on league value you are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

Subban should come in under 5, he is not that valuable yet and should follow the lead of Price and Pacioretty in taking a 2 year contract.
Price took a 2 year deal because he was coming off pretty bad seasons that did not warrant a big deal in any way shape or form. He had zero interest in a long term deal and the habs probably didn't either.

Pacioretty was in the same situation, and only produced in the last year and a half. Although to be fair, Pacioretty signed on the cheap side IMO.

Let's not act like they had to pay their dues here. They weren't in a position to sign big deals until now.

Subban has been awesome both ways since day 1 in both regular season and every playoffs. The situation is completely different from Price and Pacioretty. If anything he deserves his big deal more than either of them.

Also, I agree with you on a lot of things but you really overrate Gorges here, and underrate Subban.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM
  #691
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,422
vCash: 500
If I understand correctly, Subban is unsigned and the first game is on January 19th?

68 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
  #692
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
If I understand correctly, Subban is unsigned and the first game is on January 19th?
Aye mate. Clearly nothing can get past you...

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
  #693
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,107
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I bet Subban signs at 6:59 on Saturday, and plays.

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
  #694
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Aye mate. Clearly nothing can get past you...

WTF Bergevin stop sleeping.

68 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #695
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post

WTF Bergevin stop sleeping.
Man that's hilarious

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
  #696
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,719
vCash: 500
If Bergevin was offered One of the RNH and Eberle he would be a fool not to accept. Book Eberle for being a 100 points scorer in the next 2 years.


If Subban gets signed after 3-4 games for about 5 mil i will be pissed it was done before.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
  #697
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If Bergevin was offered One of the RNH and Eberle he would be a fool not to accept. Book Eberle for being a 100 points scorer in the next 2 years.


If Subban gets signed after 3-4 games for about 5 mil i will be pissed it was done before.
We're not getting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Subban ...

If we trade Subban to the oilers, and they desperately need Subban, I'm asking for Yakupov ++.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
  #698
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,204
vCash: 500
This is a short season, we all know that. MUST get off to a good start. Believe it or not, we DO have to battle with the Leafs for a spot. Sprint to the finish means that missing a game or god forbid a couple (we need him) is a huge blow to the team. IMO it's Subban (well, his camp) who's holding this up so yeah, he is with each day losing favour with the fans. Not saying we won't be in love with him when he finally signs, but we will remember it and for someone who has a bad reputation for various reasons (largely undeserved/overblown), it's not helping him. I wonder if people are sending him "suggestive" tweets. I agree with Bergevin's philosophy so I can only blame PK at this point. EVERY player wants security, that's why you earn in with multiple consistent years being a valuable part, not just 2 years of people chanting your name and you being the most hated player to opposition fans (the biggest compliment most of the time). I hope Price talks some sense into him.

habtastic is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
  #699
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Price took a 2 year deal because he was coming off pretty bad seasons that did not warrant a big deal in any way shape or form. He had zero interest in a long term deal and the habs probably didn't either.

Pacioretty was in the same situation, and only produced in the last year and a half. Although to be fair, Pacioretty signed on the cheap side IMO.

Let's not act like they had to pay their dues here. They weren't in a position to sign big deals until now.

Subban has been awesome both ways since day 1 in both regular season and every playoffs. The situation is completely different from Price and Pacioretty. If anything he deserves his big deal more than either of them.

Also, I agree with you on a lot of things but you really overrate Gorges here, and underrate Subban.
One thing that hasn't been discussed much is the fact that PK's (same applies for Benn and O'Rielly) ELC did not have any or little bonuses. All three were not first round selection but performed as top players from their draft class.

People forget that Price for example, earned 2.2 million with bonuses on his ELC.

I think these players are trying to gain some earnings based on their performance versus their draft position.

Habnot is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #700
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
You look at the Zajac deal and wonder why PK isn't signed.

Anyways, O'Reilly and Benn still haven't signed yet either. I think all those GM's kinda screwed up by not locking these guys up before the lockout.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.