HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Though I don't think he should get Doughty dough, I do think it's important that PK gets back to work ASAP and starts the season on time. Is it worth giving him 6 + mil/season? Of course not, but for all considered, it might be in MB's best interest to lock him up long-term. If he was going to take a 2-year deal, he would've taken it by now. So fine - go the other way: buy up as many UFA years as you can at, let's say, $5-5.5 mil/season.
For the sake of argument, let's say 7 years, $36.75 mil. That way, you end the stalemate, PK gets what he wants (a long-term deal) and it's not an un-tradeable contract.
Every GM at one point or another ends up paying more than he'd like. I think it's damage control at this point.
A 2 or 3 year contract at 4 million per year should be enough. Longer than that or more than that is overpayment.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
poetryinmotion

As long as the contract is equal to or < 3 years or > 5 years i'm cool with it. It's useless to speculate on the dollar figure.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Lshap

With all the talk of Subban's bank account, any news on his game shape?

Old
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Apparently top shape...

Old
01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
its not my fault you only watch habs games, and base your opinion on other habs fans opinions.
I watch other games, a lot of them (NHL Center Ice package is awesome!), I wouldn't trade PK for either of them neither.
If Markov was back to his old form and Beaulieu was showing signs to be just as good as PK, then maybe PK would be more expendable, just like the only reason Edmonton would even think about moving Eberle, it's because they still have guys like RNH, Hall and Yak up front. Although it would still be far from a done deal, it would make a little more sense. But right now, if we would do that, then the next player we'd be looking for is someone exactly like PK. It would advance our team nowhere.
Also, Eberle signed an extension of 6y 36M right after his ELC, so he apparently doesn't fall under our team's contractual structure, which means a bridge contract.
I would have no issues if PK got as much as Eberle got with his extension.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
He'll be in good shape, but I worry that he won't be ready since he's probably going to miss the camp.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Can't bame PK for wanting security if that's what he's after. PK has seen first hand what can happen to d-men (Gorges, Markov). And he happens to have the same agent as Markov. LOL

Old
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Can't bame PK for wanting security if that's what he's after. PK has seen first hand what can happen to d-men (Gorges, Markov). And he happens to have the same agent as Markov. LOL
Meehan is pimpin' the Habs D one player at a time.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
MB already said less than 4 days ago that he will NOT trade PK during an interview with RDS. So what difference does it make what offers he gets ?
The same MB who 10 days ago said Scott Gomez isa part if this team and will be at training camp

Old
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
The same MB who 10 days ago said Scott Gomez isa part if this team and will be at training camp
That was before he congregated with his staff in my opinion. He just spoke about what the situation was at the time.

Obviously things could change in a hurry for PK as well if a very good deal was on the table though.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

I dont see any hope to see subban anytime soon... so frustrating.... i mean there is no more communication everyone stay at their initial mindset and thats that... we wait... for.... someone to make a move... but... no one... is doing... much.... ARGH!

Thank God Galchenyuk will be there to lift the spirits.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I dont see any hope to see subban anytime soon... so frustrating.... i mean there is no more communication everyone stay at their initial mindset and thats that... we wait... for.... someone to make a move... but... no one... is doing... much.... ARGH!

Thank God Galchenyuk will be there to lift the spirits.
Dude. Give it a week at most. I don't know what you call "soon", but he'll be there before you know it. Making your skin go goosebumps and you hair fall out of frustration, sometimes both at the same time!

Old
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Dude. Give it a week at most. I don't know what you call "soon", but he'll be there before you know it. Making your skin go goosebumps and you hair fall out of frustration, sometimes both at the same time!
Well honestly what would prevent him to miss 1 games or 10 games.. once you missed one heck he could take the year off it wouldnt even surprise me anymore.. never tought Subban would play it that way... not saying Bergevin is not acting like subban was average prospect... but damn whats the big deal to offer a long term contract... everyone know in the hockey circles subban is franchise defenseman. Its just gives me that sour taste like the lockout was being extended... but at the end both sides are losing... of course Subban will get his money eventually but his perception in the locker room will be BAD, ease his missing the opportunity to improve and play...i dont know if Bergevin is waiting for an offer sheet that will maybe even be bigger that what subban maybe expecting..

Old
01-16-2013, 06:22 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Well honestly what would prevent him to miss 1 games or 10 games.. once you missed one heck he could take the year off it wouldnt even surprise me anymore.. never tought Subban would play it that way... not saying Bergevin is not acting like subban was average prospect... but damn whats the big deal to offer a long term contract... everyone know in the hockey circles subban is franchise defenseman. Its just gives me that sour taste like the lockout was being extended... but at the end both sides are losing... of course Subban will get his money eventually i dont know if Bergevin is waiting for an offer sheet that will maybe even be bigger that what subban maybe expecting..
Look at it this way: Subban's agent don't get paid if Subban isn't signed.

And both him and Subban knows that the more he is away from Montreal's lockey room, the colder he becomes in the public's heart. Public opinion is fickle.

He'll sign. It's just a question of who blinks first, and trust me, give it TOP 1 week after saturday.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Ofcourse one side could be wrong, if the evaluation is too high or low depending on league value you are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

Subban should come in under 5, he is not that valuable yet and should follow the lead of Price and Pacioretty in taking a 2 year contract.
Price took a 2 year deal because he was coming off pretty bad seasons that did not warrant a big deal in any way shape or form. He had zero interest in a long term deal and the habs probably didn't either.

Pacioretty was in the same situation, and only produced in the last year and a half. Although to be fair, Pacioretty signed on the cheap side IMO.

Let's not act like they had to pay their dues here. They weren't in a position to sign big deals until now.

Subban has been awesome both ways since day 1 in both regular season and every playoffs. The situation is completely different from Price and Pacioretty. If anything he deserves his big deal more than either of them.

Also, I agree with you on a lot of things but you really overrate Gorges here, and underrate Subban.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM

If I understand correctly, Subban is unsigned and the first game is on January 19th?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
If I understand correctly, Subban is unsigned and the first game is on January 19th?
Aye mate. Clearly nothing can get past you...

Old
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I bet Subban signs at 6:59 on Saturday, and plays.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Aye mate. Clearly nothing can get past you...

WTF Bergevin stop sleeping.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post

WTF Bergevin stop sleeping.
Man that's hilarious

Old
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Dharvey33

If Bergevin was offered One of the RNH and Eberle he would be a fool not to accept. Book Eberle for being a 100 points scorer in the next 2 years.

If Subban gets signed after 3-4 games for about 5 mil i will be pissed it was done before.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If Bergevin was offered One of the RNH and Eberle he would be a fool not to accept. Book Eberle for being a 100 points scorer in the next 2 years.

If Subban gets signed after 3-4 games for about 5 mil i will be pissed it was done before.
We're not getting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Subban ...

If we trade Subban to the oilers, and they desperately need Subban, I'm asking for Yakupov ++.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
habtastic

This is a short season, we all know that. MUST get off to a good start. Believe it or not, we DO have to battle with the Leafs for a spot. Sprint to the finish means that missing a game or god forbid a couple (we need him) is a huge blow to the team. IMO it's Subban (well, his camp) who's holding this up so yeah, he is with each day losing favour with the fans. Not saying we won't be in love with him when he finally signs, but we will remember it and for someone who has a bad reputation for various reasons (largely undeserved/overblown), it's not helping him. I wonder if people are sending him "suggestive" tweets. I agree with Bergevin's philosophy so I can only blame PK at this point. EVERY player wants security, that's why you earn in with multiple consistent years being a valuable part, not just 2 years of people chanting your name and you being the most hated player to opposition fans (the biggest compliment most of the time). I hope Price talks some sense into him.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Price took a 2 year deal because he was coming off pretty bad seasons that did not warrant a big deal in any way shape or form. He had zero interest in a long term deal and the habs probably didn't either.

Pacioretty was in the same situation, and only produced in the last year and a half. Although to be fair, Pacioretty signed on the cheap side IMO.

Let's not act like they had to pay their dues here. They weren't in a position to sign big deals until now.

Subban has been awesome both ways since day 1 in both regular season and every playoffs. The situation is completely different from Price and Pacioretty. If anything he deserves his big deal more than either of them.

Also, I agree with you on a lot of things but you really overrate Gorges here, and underrate Subban.
One thing that hasn't been discussed much is the fact that PK's (same applies for Benn and O'Rielly) ELC did not have any or little bonuses. All three were not first round selection but performed as top players from their draft class.

People forget that Price for example, earned 2.2 million with bonuses on his ELC.

I think these players are trying to gain some earnings based on their performance versus their draft position.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
hockeyfan2k11

You look at the Zajac deal and wonder why PK isn't signed.

Anyways, O'Reilly and Benn still haven't signed yet either. I think all those GM's kinda screwed up by not locking these guys up before the lockout.

Closed Thread