HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

montreal - dallas

Old
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
The exact same could be said about Subban. Subban and Benn are pretty much equal value wise, maybe a 2nd or 3rd from Montreal would have to be added to even it out, adding Pleks in there makes it a horrible, horrible overpayment by the habs.

I think in order to get both from the habs something like this would be a good starting point:

To Montreal:

Benn
Smith/Oleksiak
2013 1st

To Dallas

Subban
Plekanec
2013 3rd

The way I see it Subban+2013 3rd=Benn, Smith/Oleksiak+2013 1st=Plekanec. You could argue that it's an overpayment for Plekanec but he's good for between 55-70 points a season while playing just below Selke level defence.
Oh wait so you added a third round pick for the stars? Damn I didn't see that. That changes everything

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Dharvey33

It's not fair value wise but Underrating Plekanec would be a huge mistake a guy that plays top minutes on of the best pk in the league, that can put up 60-70 points, is rarely injured and never complains. He has been playing with terrible players the last two years and still he produced at a very satisfying level.

If you put him with two good players he is a first line center without a doubt.

Subban and Plekanec would fetch a lot more than Benn, Subban's value is real close to Benn and Plekanec's value is really good too.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:16 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Oh wait so you added a third round pick for the stars? Damn I didn't see that. That changes everything
Alright so let's see your proposal to get both Subban+Pleks then. The habs hold Subban in just as high a light as Benn, if not more. Whether or not both teams would do it wasn't the point, the point was to try and gauge the value. I myself value Subban more than Benn, but pthers may feel differently. Plekanec is a very good #2 center or an average #1 center, on a very good contract, he well cost you a top prospect+ a 1st round pick. Otherwise it's not good enough value for the habs to move their best center.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Mifroid

vCash: 400
This deal would advantage the Habs by a large margin if you ask me. Benn is young and already an a lot better player than Pleky has ever been. Subban has a lot of skills, but Oleksiak and a Stars' 1st is probably worth more than him anyway.

Mifroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Hugo Sham

love how plekanecs is the throw-in, in this deal. **** the guy is underestimated

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:55 AM
WhoahNow

Quote:
Alright so let's see your proposal to get both Subban+Pleks then. The habs hold Subban in just as high a light as Benn, if not more. Whether or not both teams would do it wasn't the point, the point was to try and gauge the value. I myself value Subban more than Benn, but pthers may feel differently. Plekanec is a very good #2 center or an average #1 center, on a very good contract, he well cost you a top prospect+ a 1st round pick. Otherwise it's not good enough value for the habs to move their best center.
The thing is Stars fans don't want Subban & Plekanec so why would we value the same as our players who we want to keep and are biased towards. Benn and Subban have pretty equal value, some could value the other higher, but they are pretty close. Pleks is a pretty good #2 center, but Dallas is in no position to trade for a 33 year old center at the cost of their future. Smith/Oleksiak + 1st in a fairly deep draft is way more valuable to the Stars than Plekanec is to them its as simple as that.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:00 AM
heathfilms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthaman View Post
hey guys, this is my first time posting so be gentle lol

montreal gives up : P.K. subban and pleks

dalls gives up Jamie benn

thoughts??
too much he is my trade

To Montreal

Jamie Benn

To Dallas

PK Subban
2nd Rounder

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
too much he is my trade

To Montreal

Jamie Benn

To Dallas

PK Subban
2nd Rounder
Benn is worth more to the Stars than that. I would be surprised if there is ever any consensus about what should be added to Subban, and the Stars aren't interested in trading Benn anyways.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:44 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Benn is worth more to the Stars than that. I would be surprised if there is ever any consensus about what should be added to Subban, and the Stars aren't interested in trading Benn anyways.
Yeah well the Habs aren't interested in trading Subban either and we sure as hell won't add anything to a package that brings over Benn. Benn = Subban value. /thread

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:23 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yeah well the Habs aren't interested in trading Subban either and we sure as hell won't add anything to a package that brings over Benn. Benn = Subban value. /thread
This habs fan is very interested in Jamie Benn and will gladly add to Subban to get him. I would sooner add desharnais rather than Plekanac though. Plekanac could be the key piece in obtaining a defenceman back to replace Subban. Someone like a Bogosian who would make there own end a less desirable place to play. That would leave us with Benn, Galenchuk and Eller down the middle. We would still have Gorges, Emelin, Markov, Tinordi, Diaz, Weber, and Boullion. If it's not Bogosian, Plekanac will add a key piece to the Blueline. Free agency could bring that key piece there as well. The wings are half set and with a coupla prospects like Coyle and Saad combined with a coupla free agents will be big, fast and skilled.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:40 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
The thing is Stars fans don't want Subban & Plekanec so why would we value the same as our players who we want to keep and are biased towards. Benn and Subban have pretty equal value, some could value the other higher, but they are pretty close. Pleks is a pretty good #2 center, but Dallas is in no position to trade for a 33 year old center at the cost of their future. Smith/Oleksiak + 1st in a fairly deep draft is way more valuable to the Stars than Plekanec is to them its as simple as that.
Plekanec JUST turned 30 on Halloween.

Plekanec is a pretty good #1 centre; a VERY good #2. Do a little research first, however I generally agree with what you said about Benn and Subban. I, as a Habs fan (with Subban being one of my favourite players), would value Benn marginally higher. Albeit Benn IS from my home city so... haha

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Subban is worth more than that to the Habs.

We've got: Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk is on the way. Undoubtedly Benn would be our #1, however we'd be giving up our #1 d-man for a relatively marginal (and possibly temporary) upgrade in our centre position.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
glenbuis

Just imagine a line with three beasts like Benn, patches and cole. Galy is much closer to being ready than people think. Long term, the trio of Benn, Galy and Eller down the middle would be solid. All 3 are big, strong and skilled. The trio of Plekanac, Subban and Desharnais can make that happen as well as returning us a defenceman to help offset the loss of Subban.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
VL55

Forget hockey value, just think dollar.

Dallas is having a hard time signing Benn. You think they want to add 5M a year from Plek and then have a hard time signing Subban instead?

It's financial non-sense without the habs taking substantial salary back. At least 6M. We are already buying back Gomez and have some lame ducks. We can't afford salary dump.

VL55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Subban is worth more than that to the Habs.

We've got: Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk is on the way. Undoubtedly Benn would be our #1, however we'd be giving up our #1 d-man for a relatively marginal (and possibly temporary) upgrade in our centre position.
I don't disagree, but Stars fans didn't start this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
Forget hockey value, just think dollar.

Dallas is having a hard time signing Benn. You think they want to add 5M a year from Plek and then have a hard time signing Subban instead?

It's financial non-sense without the habs taking substantial salary back. At least 6M. We are already buying back Gomez and have some lame ducks. We can't afford salary dump.
The Stars are in a good financial position and can certainly afford both Subban and Plekanec, considering the substantial salary coming off this summer from Morrow, Ryder, and Roy. It may not be wise to invest in Plekanec instead of an upcoming 2013 UFA, however.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:09 PM
WhoahNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Plekanec JUST turned 30 on Halloween.

Plekanec is a pretty good #1 centre; a VERY good #2. Do a little research first, however I generally agree with what you said about Benn and Subban. I, as a Habs fan (with Subban being one of my favourite players), would value Benn marginally higher. Albeit Benn IS from my home city so... haha
My bad on the age, his turtleneck always makes me think he's older haha.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
I'm pretty sure this has been done to death. Neither team would do it as they value their own player (Benn for Dallas, Subban for Montreal) too highly.
You wouldn't do the deal in the OP? Seriously?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Are you sure you are a Wings fan? You almost sound like a rational Habs fan...

You are also 100% correct. Benn has slightly more value than Subban (a 3rd would about cover it). Plekanec has a lot more value than most people think. A blue chip prospect and a 1st would be needed to get him.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
This habs fan is very interested in Jamie Benn and will gladly add to Subban to get him.
Cool, hope you're never our GM, I think Toronto has an opening though.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Are you sure you are a Wings fan? You almost sound like a rational Habs fan...

You are also 100% correct. Benn has slightly more value than Subban (a 3rd would about cover it). Plekanec has a lot more value than most people think. A blue chip prospect and a 1st would be needed to get him.

Thanks, being Canadian I hear about the habs quite a bit so it's only natural to pick up on who they value. But alas I am indeed a wings fan, I just try to listen to what fanbases say about their own players & try to work with it from there.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Cool, hope you're never our GM, I think Toronto has an opening though.
If you ask all non-dallas and non-montreal fans who is more valuable, I bet that almost 90 per cent will not only lean toward Benn but they will say you would need at least a second to even it out. Everyone loves their own more . I get it. I seriously hope your never the gm if you wouldn't take Benn straight up over Subban.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
If you ask all non-dallas and non-montreal fans who is more valuable, I bet that almost 90 per cent will not only lean toward Benn but they will say you would need at least a second to even it out. Everyone loves their own more . I get it. I seriously hope your never the gm if you wouldn't take Benn straight up over Subban.
I don't think a good - but not dominant/superstar - forward is as important as a #1 (but not superstar) defenseman, that's all. Benn is great, love to have him... but he's not any better than Subban overall. I think they are about equivalent impact. So then it goes to team needs. Habs need everything but a goalie, really. They need a #1D too, though. So no sense in going lateral getting the 1st line forward and opening up a gap on D in the process. They're both RFAs too, with similar hurdles to clear in signing them, so there's no advantages to be gained there vs. Subban being on the sidelines. And I'll be GM one day, I'm sure, so there you have it... it's valid to not be willing to trade Subban straight up for Benn.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:00 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think a good - but not dominant/superstar - forward is as important as a #1 (but not superstar) defenseman, that's all. Benn is great, love to have him... but he's not any better than Subban overall. I think they are about equivalent impact. So then it goes to team needs. Habs need everything but a goalie, really. They need a #1D too, though. So no sense in going lateral getting the 1st line forward and opening up a gap on D in the process. They're both RFAs too, with similar hurdles to clear in signing them, so there's no advantages to be gained there vs. Subban being on the sidelines. And I'll be GM one day, I'm sure, so there you have it... it's valid to not be willing to trade Subban straight up for Benn.
I respect your opinion but if you discussed the strengths and weaknesses of both players it is really a no - brainer. How it is that Subban is irreplacible is beyond me. Mark my words that when/if Subban signs and he pulls some stupid stunt for attention, Therrien will lay into him like he's never had someone do before. Then he will be sulking on the bench and were gonna pay him Tyler Seguin type money for that. I really doubt that were gonna see an offer sheet for Subban for massive amounts because all teams will be wondering about the potential for dressing room problems. When you discuss intangibles between benn and Subban, there isn't gonna be much discussion. I hope the Bruins don't put together a package for him.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Actually I'm the one saying they are worth equal value, there is no need to add a second. If Benn is valuable to Dalls, Subban is just as much to our defense. There is no disparity between the trade value or team value.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I respect your opinion but if you discussed the strengths and weaknesses of both players it is really a no - brainer. How it is that Subban is irreplacible is beyond me. Mark my words that when/if Subban signs and he pulls some stupid stunt for attention, Therrien will lay into him like he's never had someone do before. Then he will be sulking on the bench and were gonna pay him Tyler Seguin type money for that. I really doubt that were gonna see an offer sheet for Subban for massive amounts because all teams will be wondering about the potential for dressing room problems. When you discuss intangibles between benn and Subban, there isn't gonna be much discussion. I hope the Bruins don't put together a package for him.
Well this post speaks volume of what your opinion on Subban is, never mind I said anything. Good day.