HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Please read this, too, before deciding whether Te'o is a victim:

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

If anyone believes Te'o had zero knowledge of this, I have a beautiful bridge joining Manhattan and Brooklyn that I'm looking to sell. I think he's only making it worse for himself, now. He's in too deep. Come clean. You know people are going to want to see a receipt or other evidence of the "white roses" transaction; or the address to which he sent them.

It'll be fun to watch Tuiaisosopo fall on the sword, though.
I'm just wondering to what extent he knew about it before ripping the guy apart. Did he originate the story? Did he just run with it after someone else started it? Was there some weird blackmail reason for going along with it? I need that kind of stuff clarified before I can form any kind of real opinion on the whole thing.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
yikes crazy story. nice rundown

-People start getting wise to Manti and this Ronnie guy having a gay romance

-Manti and Ronnie create fake internet "girlfriend" to take on the gay rumors

-People get wise to this "girlfriend" maybe not really existing, the gay lovers decide to have this "girlfriend" die tragically of cancer, Ron-Ron and Manti go back to snuggling

-Media catches on to story, makes it a huge inspirational story, probably much to Manti's horror

-Manti rides story to national fame and almost winning what would have been the biggest sham Heisman of all time

-Notre Dame catches wind of all this bs (probably months ago) but sits on the story to protect it's interests

-**** hits the fan today, Notre Dame gets spin machine going into overdrive

-The sports world lols hard

Old
01-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Teo's response:

http://www.espn760.com/common/more.p...9&post_id=6411

Old
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post

-People get wise to this "girlfriend" maybe not really existing, the gay lovers decide to have this "girlfriend" die tragically of cancer, Ron-Ron and Manti go back to snuggling

-Media catches on to story, makes it a huge inspirational story, probably much to Manti's horror

-Manti rides story to national fame and almost winning what would have been the biggest sham Heisman of all time

-Notre Dame catches wind of all this bs (probably months ago) but sits on the story to protect it's interests

Source? Or speculation? Haven't heard this take anywhere yet...

Old
01-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
Source? Or speculation? Haven't heard this take anywhere yet...
just joking around, but this REEKS of him having a hand in this, not just being 'fooled' online...he said he met her numerous times

Old
01-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Exactly who was he talking on the phone to for 'hours' when 'she' was dying of leukemia? Gimme a break, this is just the angle he's taking now that it's established the person never existed. His own story is that he met this person... many times. So now he's saying she's someone who fooled him on the internet, and they only communicated on the internet and the phone?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:02 PM
boots electric

Te'o: over-hyped as a football player and as a human being

Last edited by boots electric: 01-16-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Yeah, I'm officially having nothing to do with this conversation anymore. This is celebrity gossip for men.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Yeah, I'm officially having nothing to do with this conversation anymore. This is celebrity gossip for men.
Yeah, until proof comes out one way or the other...gotta withold my opinion.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Hardly, it's a matter of whether or not a public figure is a gigantic fraud, but I agree that there's nowhere else to take the conversation at this point.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Wouldn't be the first time an athlete fell for a hoax (the Yzerman and the father of the kid who didn't actually have cancer one comes to mind). Wouldn't be the first time an athlete made **** up too.

I'm sure NFL teams will do their due diligence before drafting him. They'll find out what's true, what's not, etc. and whether it should or should not impact his draft rankings.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Hardly, it's a matter of whether or not a public figure is a gigantic fraud, but I agree that there's nowhere else to take the conversation at this point.
You have a point but it's definitely a character knockdown, which he was praised for having much of. Then Bama schoolehim and showed holes in his game. No doubt a good season but now so many questions bringing baggage towards him

Old
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

I want nothing to do with Te'o now. My off season goal would see us sign one of Bowe, Jennings or Wallace, and then draft Ryan Nassib unless Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore are available ( not likely, these 2 will be the two best players from the draft )

Old
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
is the answer jesus

Have no idea what to make of the story really... There seem to be some holes in Manti's story: Mainly that he met this woman in person many times, but now it seems as though it was just an online/over the phone relationship. Seems a little fishy, I'd like to hear how he explains this... As far as this Tuisasopo guy is concerned it seems to just be a bunch of speculation. A friend of a friend "thinks they were in it together", for all we know it could have just been this "friend" of T'eos doing this with T'eo having no idea he was being duped. It's also possible they hatched this scheme together just for the publicity it would create. With all this being said: how reliable is deadspin anyway? Is this like reading something the National Enquirer writes or do they actually have a track record as a reliable source?

Old
01-16-2013, 08:31 PM
boots electric

There's some speculation that Te'o is gay and this whole story might have been created to cover it up. If it ends up being true, this story goes from being absolutely hilarious to really sad.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post

I wish I would've read a few posts down. My parents and i were just talking about this, and i told them this post almost word for word thinking it was legitimate. Haha

Old
01-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
There's some speculation that Te'o is gay and this whole story might have been created to cover it up. If it ends up being true, this story goes from being absolutely hilarious to really sad.
Other way around.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Mike and the Bulldog (WGR) make me want to break my radio. Te'o is undraftable because of the story that just broke, but Vick sans the PCS is fine. ****ing unbelievable.
Also the first to hang up when anyone attempts to mention what Kelly did to his wife during the SB years... but I digress"

For T'eo stake I hope he really was "fooled"..... but it seems highly unlikely... I can see him dropping hard now ( and this will either be a forgotten part of his life ( like Ray Lewis ) or it will be the starting point of a failed career.

Either way I don't pick him at 8 any more.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Also the first to hang up when anyone attempts to mention what Kelly did to his wife during the SB years... but I digress"

For T'eo stake I hope he really was "fooled"..... but it seems highly unlikely... I can see him dropping hard now ( and this will either be a forgotten part of his life ( like Ray Lewis ) or it will be the starting point of a failed career.

Either way I don't pick him at 8 any more.
Lewis's screwup has not been forgotten.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Other way around.
I disagree. The comment you're responding to clearly assumes that T'eo was in on the hoax, so either he did it for press (which is really f'd up but also hilarious if you like to laugh at how pathetic the world is) or because he's gay, which is quite sad that people have to hide that fact. If it were the latter then you can see how it all snowballed out of control and yea it would also be hilarious, but I'd feel bad for him in that case.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Redskins WRs coach Ike Hilliard to join Buffalo's new coaching staff.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Based on just the quick read in that article, I like him.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Ike was a solid WR in his day. Don't know much about him as a coach, but it doesn't seem like a bad hire.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:29 AM
boots electric

So overnight they happened to track down tweets from a couple different people joking about running Lennay's twitter page and "catfishing" Manti, so it's starting to look like this might actually be a case of Te'o being woefully ignorant.

Literally nothing makes sense anymore. This is the most ridiculous sports story I think I've ever heard

Old
01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Really excited about the new coaching staff tbh. Now we'll see what holes can be filled in the offseason.

Closed Thread