HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect

Old
01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
HockeyCA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
So, you're saying you have a better eye for talent than a Stanley Cup winning NHL coach?
Knew that one was coming. That is not what I am saying, what I am saying is that Sutter may be wrong, like he was countless other times when he drove the Calgary Flames Farm System straight into the toilet. Go ask those on the Flames Board what they think about the Sutter "prospect development," years. It's not pretty.

Sutter likes big bodies. Nothing wrong with that. We just won the cup, although I would say we won based off skill, and not just being big. Mike Richards isn't a very big players, Kopitar is a rare specimen who is off the charts skill wise, but is such a big man. All I am saying is that based off of my evaluations of watching countless Monarchs Games this year, Toffoli seems to be a player who disappears for long stretches of games, just my two cents.

HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Have you even watched him play in Manchester this year?
I think you misread my statement but that's ok. I'll elaborate below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
This was the story that started this thread...based on the comments here, I'm guessing some haven't read it...

Manchester Monarchs RW Tyler Toffoli Is Showing Why He’s The LA Kings’ Top Forward Prospect
Right. I was reading the article then posted afterward. No point in reading the comments on the article before reading it. So my quote was from the article itself.

The past scouting reports of TT are all about his offensive ability sans any hard skating, gritty passion or heart. After LA got Sutter as coach and he implemented the forecheck with such great success, Toffoli seemed like he had no future with LA while players like Lewis, King, Nolan and Fraser were the new prototypical grads from Manchester with Tanner Pearson drafted in that same mold. It felt like King could be the future 20-30 goal scoring power forward that could be a future Penner for us. Toffoli looked like a develop and trade at the deadline kind of asset.

Now we have a report that he has added some heart and grit to his skill game, skill much greater than King...that's extremely intriguing news indeed. (I'm sure Gann was thinking something similar or even targeting someone like me with this article.). It kind of forces you to re-evaluate things regarding this young player.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I think you misread my statement but that's ok. I'll elaborate below.

Right. I was reading the article then posted afterward. No point in reading the comments on the article before reading it. So my quote was from the article itself.

The past scouting reports of TT are all about his offensive ability sans any hard skating, gritty passion or heart. After LA got Sutter as coach and he implemented the forecheck with such great success, Toffoli seemed like he had no future with LA while players like Lewis, King, Nolan and Fraser were the new prototypical grads from Manchester with Tanner Pearson drafted in that same mold. It felt like King could be the future 20-30 goal scoring power forward that could be a future Penner for us. Toffoli looked like a develop and trade at the deadline kind of asset.

Now we have a report that he has added some heart and grit to his skill game, skill much greater than King...that's extremely intriguing news indeed. (I'm sure Gann was thinking something similar or even targeting someone like me with this article.). It kind of forces you to re-evaluate things regarding this young player.
You make legitimate arguments. However, we can only go by performance, and in my opinion when watching Monarchs Games, I see none of this so called heart, desire, and grit. I see a player who floats around and tries to get into the open areas. That in itself is a valuable skill to have, however to say he has changed his game overnight is, in my opinion, misguided. History will be the only judge for how this player turns out. He has got a chance, but me personally, I think he's overrated.

Last edited by HockeyCA: 01-16-2013 at 06:29 PM.
HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote