HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
rune74

vCash: 500
This is great

1) our gm is going to get fired.
2) loungo is not that good of a goalie
3) we should pay the leafs to take him
4) Our team is close to collapsing

Did I miss anything?

Old
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wilson View Post
Komeserek + Bozak + conditional 3rd is all you are getting Vancouver.

lol @Rielly, Gards, and even Kadri going to Vancouver.

Love how Vancouver fans completely ignore Lu's contract as if it's not a big
deal cause the Leafs are the richest teams.

Bell and Rogers will zap your bum straight to collections after a 2 months of missed
payments, and eradicate long term employee benefits. ROFLcoptor you think they will eat up tens of millions for a goalie that chokes when it counts. Talk about anti clutch.

Can't wait till Vancouver fans see what the return actually is
Obviously you don't get an all-star goalie who has been statistically one of the best goalies for a decade and is still fairly young for guys like Kadri, Bozak and a 3rd. If Van wanted this deal Toronto would have already made it and been laughing all the way to the playoffs. Gardiner is almost a must if if the Canucks are going to improve the team they have right now. Don't see what other players Toronto has that they could realistically trade and would improve the Canucks. Canucks are happy to go into a shortened season where you play every second night almost with two top level goalies it really does help. Bozak, Kadri dont help as much as Lu does.

Old
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Would Canucks' fans care to provide a single professional source that has Luongo in the top 5 after the 2012 playoffs?
...What?
Care to provide a single professional source that doesn't have Luongo in the top 5?

And even then, professional opinions are wrong at times. TSN thinks that the Canucks have bad defensive depth.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Would Canucks' fans care to provide a single professional source that has Luongo in the top 5 after the 2012 playoffs?
Only when detractors provide us with something tangible to prove he isn't. What has Miller done since the Olympics? Or Ward? Even Kipper? Somehow they creep into "better than Lu" territory, never mind stats alone do not justify the claim. Personally, I find he four to six depending who you include on the list.

Old
cool story bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
If that is your top 5, you obviously have Luongo ahead of Schneider. You could get a lot more for Schneider than Lu, so why would you trade Luongo instead?
You're acting like I'm Mike Gillis. I probably WOULD trade Schneider in the GM's position, but I'm just a random fan on an internet forum. That's the thing I hate most about this thread, people are acting like they will be carrying out the trades instead of just speculating. Lol.

I never even said I'd trade Luongo. Just said he's in the top 5 in the NHL and you could get a good return for him. I think more of the League likes Schneider than Luongo, and I would honestly rather have Luongo for a bit longer. If I personally could get a good return for Schneider, like a face-of-the-franchise type player, I'd pull that trigger--and I'd hope MG would too.

Old
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
This is great

1) our gm is going to get fired.
2) loungo is not that good of a goalie
3) we should pay the leafs to take him
4) Our team is close to collapsing

Did I miss anything?
Your crack shacks are lacking in quality?

Perception > Reality, all the time. Specially if you are talking about potential customers. Luongo will have to enlarge his list imho.

Old
Scottrockztheworld*

Leaf fans: "Can you prove he is a top 5?"
Canuck fans: "Well who would you take over him? These 1 year wonders like Smith..etc?"
Leaf fans: "You know what you've got a great point.... but that contract"

Its like the PA... always moving the posts.

Now if only they could do that to make the net smaller for Reimer

Old
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Schneider is younger and of comparable skill. Think of it as a future investment; Schneider allows us to compete for longer. Personally, I would trade him instead of Luongo but unless Gardiner+ is coming back. It will not happen.
The Sedin's are in their prime now, and apparently Luongo will be a guaranteed top 5 for the next 5-6 years. Doesn't make any sense.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Toxic0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Leaf fans: "Can you prove he is a top 5?"
Canuck fans: "Well who would you take over him? These 1 year wonders like Smith..etc?"
Leaf fans: "You know what you've got a great point.... but that contract"

Its like the PA... always moving the posts.

Now if only they could do that to make the net smaller for Reimer
But can you provide a single professional source for your claim? Something within the past 3 months. If not, you're obviously wrong

Old
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Goaltending is about consistency. There will always be flash in the pan type guys that have one or two good seasons. With Lu just look at his track record and you definitly have to say he is one of the top goalies in the league. Im sure you'd probably rather have Mike Smith. When you get Lu you know what your getting. He'll be an all star or close for 4-5 more seasons in my estimation.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Toxic0n

Quote:
The Sedin's are in their prime now, and apparently Luongo will be a guaranteed top 5 for the next 5-6 years. Doesn't make any sense.
It makes perfect sense if you actually think about it. Longer window to compete. Luongo gives us 5-6 of great goaltending. Schendier hopefully gives us at least 10 with a cheaper cap hit for the next few years to boot.

Do people on this board not use their brains anymore?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
rune74

Quote:
If it was up to me we would be keeping loungo and trading Schnieder to be honest.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Sure it does. We do not expect to fall into oblivion once the Sedin era concludes. Schneider provides us with elite goaltending for at least a decade. Either way, I am not Mike Gillis, who himself may not get the return he wants to move Schneider.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:28 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
...What?
Care to provide a single professional source that doesn't have Luongo in the top 5?

And even then, professional opinions are wrong at times. TSN thinks that the Canucks have bad defensive depth.
Every source has him outside the top 5.

Bleacher Report:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ng-next-season

The highest I can find him ranked is #8:

http://thehockeyhouse.net/detroit-re...rs-in-the-nhl/

It's also Canucks fans making an assertion here. Canucks fans have to, therefore, prove it.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:

Bleacher Report:

It's also Canucks fans making an assertion here. Canucks fans have to, therefore, prove it.
Statistically Luongo has been a lot better than many of the goalies ahead of him in those lists in the past few years, and isn't a one year wonder like a couple of the guys.

Do you honestly think Bryz and Niemi are better?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:31 PM
vanwest

Quote:

Bleacher Report:

That Bleacher Report is laughable and not just because of where it ranks Luongo.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:32 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
It makes perfect sense if you actually think about it. Longer window to compete. Luongo gives us 5-6 of great goaltending. Schendier hopefully gives us at least 10 with a cheaper cap hit for the next few years to boot.

Do people on this board not use their brains anymore?

Yeah as a matter of fact they do, which is why they are calling you on your BS.

You don't go with futures when you have 2 franchise players in their prime and recently went to the Stanley Cup Finals. Your window is now with the Sedins. You can't assume you will have a great team in 10 years that even has a window to win. For all you know you could be bottom feeders in 10 years.

The salary cap difference is really not all that great either. Certainly not enough to take a clear downgrade in goal, as you state.

Old
Ron Wilson*

You Vancouver fans are missing the whole point.

We are NOT trading for Lu for one year to get us in the playoffs, WE DON'T WANT
A PLAYER WITH THAT CONTRACT.

What the %^#^ do we do if in 2-5 years when the team is much better with UFA signings and developed younger guys like Gards and Rielly only to get bounced out of the first round or choke in the finals. Then we are still stuck with a guy who can't perform when it matters the most for years to come and take big cap hits.

Wake up Vancouver. If Lu was soooo good and worth soooo much you would not even trade him in the first place! You want to trade him because the coach had more confidence in the ROOKIE but yet you want a 1st, and Gards.

Does that make any sense? Read over ALL your posts post game 7 and last year after game 4 of the first round. Every single Canuck fan wanted him OUT at any cost. Now you guys want him out for 1st round picks and top prospects. We don't want a goalie that plays good during the regular season, choke in the playoffs, and get worse and worse as he gets even older. Get real

Old
rune74

Quote:

Bleacher Report:

Hahaha that bleach report was a joke.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
new thread

Closed Thread