HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Johansen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 04:47 PM
  #176
Kritty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 500
Ryan Johansen

Any word on where in the lineup Johansen is expected to be? Will he get one of the top 2 centre spots? How has he looked? Looks like he has produced well in the AHL so far this year. Is he still viewed as a top 2 line C, 70ish points?

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
  #177
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,259
vCash: 500
i expect him to be sent back down to Springfield...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
  #178
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
I expect him to lead the first or second line....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
  #179
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i expect him to be sent back down to Springfield...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I expect him to lead the first or second line....
Well, these two responses sum up everything in a nutshell.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
  #180
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I expect him to lead the first or second line....
... in Springfield!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
  #181
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
First line C in Springfield.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
  #182
Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,946
vCash: 500
Second line center in Springfield.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  #183
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
You folks that want Johansen dumped impress me with the smugness... folks that have followed a team that has never won simple playoff game in 12 years-or history for that matter...

Fine, send Johansen down, send every guy who has scoring talent down or trade them away and keep the grinders... keep the guys who excel off the ice but fail on the ice...

Crazy...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
  #184
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You folks that want Johansen dumped impress me with the smugness... folks that have followed a team that has never won simple playoff game in 12 years-or history for that matter...

Fine send Johansen down, send every guy who has scoring talent down or trade them away and keep the grinders...

Crazy...
Its called not wanting to ruin the kid. When hes ready to be a top 6 center, he should be on this team.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #185
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Its called not wanting to ruin the kid. When hes ready to be a top 6 center, he should be on this team.
He played in the NHL last year and played well in the bonus AHL season this year.... It's a young league now... He needs NHL ice time.... whatever..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:36 PM
  #186
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Its called not wanting to ruin the kid. When hes ready to be a top 6 center, he should be on this team.
He's got 27 pts in 34 games in the A, he's put on bulk and size. what determines that he is ready? He played on crappy 4th lines in the NHL most of last year, on a crappy team, if he was going to be ruined, he'd be that way now. The kid deserves a shot at top two line duty. This year especially when we have no scoring and there are going to be injuries in this crazy game every two days season.

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
  #187
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You folks that want Johansen dumped impress me with the smugness... folks that have followed a team that has never won simple playoff game in 12 years-or history for that matter...

Fine, send Johansen down, send every guy who has scoring talent down or trade them away and keep the grinders... keep the guys who excel off the ice but fail on the ice...

Crazy...
Tell me which center sits so that Johansen can be "given" top six ice time?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:03 PM
  #188
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 1000
I'm going to trust that JD makes the right call on Ryan

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:07 PM
  #189
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Tell me which center sits so that Johansen can be "given" top six ice time?
Cassels...?

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
  #190
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I'm going to trust that JD makes the right call on Ryan
I agree with this post.... but I must say, there is only one guy in the CBJ organization I trust in making any choices and that's John Davidson.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
  #191
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I agree on this post.... but I must say, there is only one guy in the CBJ organization I trust in making any choices and that's John Davidson.
I feel the same way.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
  #192
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I feel the same way.
.........

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:18 PM
  #193
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
He's got 27 pts in 34 games in the A, he's put on bulk and size. what determines that he is ready? He played on crappy 4th lines in the NHL most of last year, on a crappy team, if he was going to be ruined, he'd be that way now. The kid deserves a shot at top two line duty. This year especially when we have no scoring and there are going to be injuries in this crazy game every two days season.


No no no....

If you had watched any games of him, you'd know hes not ready. Points dont mean ****, he hasnt been engaged in most of the games hes played in. God its like people will never want to learn from mistakes. Look at all our pathetic development of our prospects. We're finally trying to get off that stupid way of development and people are pissed. Not surprised...

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
  #194
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I agree with this post.... but I must say, there is only one guy in the CBJ organization I trust in making any choices and that's John Davidson.
Which actually gives most of us some hope.....,

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
  #195
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I'm going to trust that JD makes the right call on Ryan
This is all that matters. If there's a reason to have him on the team, expect him to be there.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
  #196
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
This is all that matters. If there's a reason to have him on the team, expect him to be there.
I'd be very surprised to see JD have him on this team. But I do too trust his decision making.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
  #197
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Second line center in Springfield.
Who's first? Chaput?

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
  #198
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post


No no no....

If you had watched any games of him, you'd know hes not ready. Points dont mean ****, he hasnt been engaged in most of the games hes played in. God its like people will never want to learn from mistakes. Look at all our pathetic development of our prospects. We're finally trying to get off that stupid way of development and people are pissed. Not surprised...
As a first round pick would you be excited to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets? An organization that has been arguably the worst in the NHL for over decade?

Look, Johansen could end up being a flop but put yourself in his shoes... He's a top draft pick playing in the AHL during a strike and owned by one of the worst NHL teams to ever exist... motivation is hard dude...

Perhaps he is hoping to be traded? I don't know but what I do know is if Richardson or Howson call the shots on Johansen he will fail...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
  #199
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
As a first round pick would you be excited to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets? An organization that has been arguably the worst in the NHL for over decade?

Look, Johansen could end up being a flop but put yourself in his shoes... He's a top draft pick playing in the AHL during a strike and owned by one of the worst NHL teams to ever exist... motivation is hard dude...

Perhaps he is hoping to be traded? I don't know but what I do know is if Richardson or Howson call the shots on Johansen he will fail...
Motivation is hard for ALL young players. We have no way to say he does or does not want to play for Columbus. Quite frankly I dont care, if he is ready he's ready. Its as simple as that. Considering we're only cutting 2 guys 1 being a dman, Johan has a great chance at making the team.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
  #200
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Motivation is hard for ALL young players. We have no way to say he does or does not want to play for Columbus. Quite frankly I dont care, if he is ready he's ready. Its as simple as that. Considering we're only cutting 2 guys 1 being a dman, Johan has a great chance at making the team.
I hope he gets a chance to help our new defense move this organization forward... JJ if anyone would agree with me...

Other than Nash (and perhaps Klesla and Brassard) the CBJ have failed with every first round pick they have ever drafted, is it the young player or is it the organization and the fans perception of what these guys are supposed to be off the ice?

Not every first round pick over a lifetime can be a bust...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.