HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
  #26
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So I guess that means Nonis is willing to give up Gardiner and other young guys for Luongo?
That's according to your logic.
Nicely played.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
  #27
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So I guess that means Nonis is willing to give up Gardiner and other young guys for Luongo?
That's according to your logic.
That's not how logic works...

StringerBell is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
  #28
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
.005-.010 Sv% difference is quite big.
Go look at their playoff numbers and get back to me.
umm...Niemi has by far the best playoff numbers of the 3. He also won a cup, while Luongo just got pulled in favor of his backup. In fact, it's Luongo's playoff performance that has his stock in jeopardy.

blankall is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:53 PM
  #29
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Now, that is something I can agree with!
I just have to laugh Everytime a gm uses the media as a puppet.

93gilmour93 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
  #30
Linters*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
I liked these threads better when they had James Bond titles.

Could we get interesting titles again?

Also I don't understand why people are trying to bargain each other down on these threads, you guys do realize nobody in here is going to be pulling the trigger on a trade so how about instead of trying to talk down or up players or bargain each other down how about some nice proposals of realistic deals with statistics or history to back it up would make it a lot more fun to read.

Linters* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
  #31
Nuckles
On the IR
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
umm...Niemi has by far the best playoff numbers of the 3. He also won a cup, while Luongo just got pulled in favor of his backup. In fact, it's Luongo's playoff performance that has his stock in jeopardy.
Niemi career playoff stats: .905 SV% and 2.84 GAA
Luongo career playoff stats: .916SV% and 2.53 GAA

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
  #32
Toxic0n
Clean elbow to chin
 
Toxic0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NHL Player Safety
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Niemi career playoff stats: .905 SV% and 2.84 GAA
Luongo career playoff stats: .916SV% and 2.53 GAA
Owned. I'm sure now he will say that those stats don't matter.

Toxic0n is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
  #33
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Niemi career playoff stats: .905 SV% and 2.84 GAA
Luongo career playoff stats: .916SV% and 2.53 GAA
BAM! You were saying?

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
  #34
illidan432
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
It'll be interesting to see what Dave Nonis does as he was the one who got Luongo from Florida.

illidan432 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
  #35
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
I just have to laugh Everytime a gm uses the media as a puppet.
Agreed. Most of it is pretty transparent. It's always in their interest to talk up interest in a player they're trading and talk down any interest in a player they might want to acquire.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
  #36
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So I guess that means Nonis is willing to give up Gardiner and other young guys for Luongo?
That's according to your logic.
Use your own judgement to see what's real. If MG says " I'm not trading the twins" I believe him. If he says" the phones are burning up for a player with a ten year deal and everyone is offering top prospects" I call BS. See the difference.

93gilmour93 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
  #37
Toxic0n
Clean elbow to chin
 
Toxic0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NHL Player Safety
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
....right

You do konw how the concept of a window works. You don't just declear a random amount of time and say that is your window. You have to actually be in cup contention, which you are now.

Once again, it makes no sense to potentially compromise your goaltending during your window (your window is now, not in 10 years). Everyone knows you had given up on Luongo. Due to market cicumstances, he may have another chance, but you can't spin this one.
Schneider helps extend the window longer than Luongo would. Does not mean Luongo is a bad goalie.

Toxic0n is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:59 PM
  #38
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan432 View Post
It'll be interesting to see what Dave Nonis does as he was the one who got Luongo from Florida.
Kadri, bozak and a 1st would do it I think.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
  #39
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Use your own judgement to see what's real. If MG says " I'm not trading the twins" I believe him. If he says" the phones are burning up for a player with a ten year deal and everyone is offering top prospects" I call BS. See the difference.
Oh I see so use it when it benefits you & when it doesn't disregard it... got it!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
  #40
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Agreed. Most of it is pretty transparent. It's always in their interest to talk up interest in a player they're trading and talk down any interest in a player they might want to acquire.
Same song and dance Everytime

93gilmour93 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
  #41
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Niemi career playoff stats: .905 SV% and 2.84 GAA
Luongo career playoff stats: .916SV% and 2.53 GAA
That's heavily skewed by Luongo's 2007 numbers, where he posted a .941.

Meanwhile Niemi's numbers are heavily skewed by his horrible first year in the playoffs at age 24, which occurred when he was call up from the AHL, and he posted a .864.

Sorry Canucks fans, you aren't trading a 28 year old Luongo. All you've proved is that Luongo in his prime was better than an AHL call-up.

blankall is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
  #42
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That's heavily skewed by Luongo's 2007 numbers.

Meanwhile Niemi's numbers are heavily skewed by his horrible first year in the playoffs at age 24, which occurred when he was call up from the AHL.

Sorry Canucks fans, you aren't trading a 28 year old Luongo.
You want me to move those goal posts this time to make your argument stick?

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
  #43
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That's heavily skewed by Luongo's 2007 numbers.

Meanwhile Niemi's numbers are heavily skewed by his horrible first year in the playoffs at age 24, which occurred when he was call up from the AHL.

Sorry Canucks fans, you aren't trading a 28 year old Luongo.
Were you working for the PA helping to move the posts? Cause you seem to have experience in moving the point when it gets contradicted...

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
  #44
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Oh I see so use it when it benefits you... got it!
Benefit me. I don't work for MLSE

93gilmour93 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
  #45
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Schneider helps extend the window longer than Luongo would. Does not mean Luongo is a bad goalie.
But but....you said that Luongo is guaranteed to be in top form for about 5 years. That is also about the time that the Sedins will be in top for (at most). If you are going with Schneider, it is because the management feels that he is the better goalie now.

blankall is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #46
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Benefit me. I don't work for MLSE
Don't worry I knew that already.

I meant on the forums, benefitting your argument about what your GM will or won't do.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #47
Nuckles
On the IR
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That's heavily skewed by Luongo's 2007 numbers, where he posted a .941.

Meanwhile Niemi's numbers are heavily skewed by his horrible first year in the playoffs at age 24, which occurred when he was call up from the AHL, and he posted a .864.

Sorry Canucks fans, you aren't trading a 28 year old Luongo. All you've proved is that Luongo in his prime was better than an AHL call-up.
Ok, let's conveniently take out Niemi's worst year and take out Luongo's best year to skew the numbers in your favor.

Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #48
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
But but....you said that Luongo is guaranteed to be in top form for about 5 years. That is also about the time that the Sedins will be in top for (at most). If you are going with Schneider, it is because the management feels that he is the better goalie now.
You should have stuck with pitching that Bryz and Niemi were better than Luongo.

vanwest is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #49
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
But but....you said that Luongo is guaranteed to be in top form for about 5 years. That is also about the time that the Sedins will be in top for (at most). If you are going with Schneider, it is because the management feels that he is the better goalie now.
Or because Loungo asked to go? Geez, you don't argue very well it's like you talk about one thing, get proven wrong then move on.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:05 PM
  #50
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
You want me to move those goal posts this time to make your argument stick?
It's you who is moving the goal posts. I was talking about the last few years. You guys then went and included numbers from 2007.

There's no debate that Luongo had a great year in 2007. That's accepted. The real debate is about what happened last year, and why he is no longer the #1 in Vancouver.

blankall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.