HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colorado Avalanche and Phoenix Coyotes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
  #51
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
These are two number one defensmen mind you..

Is O'reilly your number one center?
Maybe the Avs should trade Stastny. He is our number 1 center. Maybe to Pitt. For Malkin?

After all is Malkin your no.1 center Pitt.?




Works both ways doesn't it?

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
  #52
XX
One More
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tipplandia?
Country: United States
Posts: 42,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Works both ways doesn't it?
Any suggestion that O'Reilly and Yandle are equal value, especially given current circumstance, should be laughed at. The Avalanche would absolutely have to add, and something substantial. I can see why they wouldn't want to, and thus wouldn't be enjoying the services of Keith Yandle. No one is saying that the Avalanche need Yandle to make the playoffs or anything of the sort. It's merely a discussion between teams with personnel and needs that make sense.

I can tell you which side has the known quantity, signed to a great contract. That makes it much easier to gauge value. No one knows how the Russia crap will play out, or even what the deal is between Avs management and ROR. All we know is that your top scorer is holding out after 1 year, and shows no signs of showing up to play this season. You are not going to get optimal value, taking this into consideration. Sitting on him this season and then watching negotiations fail again in the off-season only decreases his value. Now he could even be considered a flight risk if he isn't happy with his ice time or role with a team. Who is going to pony up the type of return you guys are asking for in that case? This sort of behavior undercuts the Avs considerably, while Ryan really doesn't stand to lose much. His sins will be forgiven if he goes on to be a solid player for another franchise. It's just that his team gets screwed over, for whatever reason, and loses out.

Take it from a fanbase that has been down the RFA road. Except ours wasn't getting paid $4 million by a Russian league looking to put the screws to the NHL.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
  #53
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Any suggestion that O'Reilly and Yandle are equal value, especially given current circumstance, should be laughed at. The Avalanche would absolutely have to add, and something substantial. I can see why they wouldn't want to, and thus wouldn't be enjoying the services of Keith Yandle. No one is saying that the Avalanche need Yandle to make the playoffs or anything of the sort. It's merely a discussion between teams with personnel and needs that make sense.

I can tell you which side has the known quantity, signed to a great contract. That makes it much easier to gauge value. No one knows how the Russia crap will play out, or even what the deal is between Avs management and ROR. All we know is that your top scorer is holding out after 1 year, and shows no signs of showing up to play this season. You are not going to get optimal value, taking this into consideration. Sitting on him this season and then watching negotiations fail again in the off-season only decreases his value. Now he could even be considered a flight risk if he isn't happy with his ice time or role with a team. Who is going to pony up the type of return you guys are asking for in that case? This sort of behavior undercuts the Avs considerably, while Ryan really doesn't stand to lose much. His sins will be forgiven if he goes on to be a solid player for another franchise. It's just that his team gets screwed over, for whatever reason, and loses out.

Take it from a fanbase that has been down the RFA road. Except ours wasn't getting paid $4 million by a Russian league looking to put the screws to the NHL.
So you not only speak for your teams entire fan base, but also write as if your 'opinion' is fact. Honestly it's irritating.

As to the bold... I'll take that statement seriously when he bolts from the KHL with a contract from the NHL that pays him less money than his KHL contract. O'Reilly isn't Russian, nor has he struggled in the NHL... Two of the main reasons players go over there.

As for known quantity, gauging value, and all that BS... Like I said in a post earlier, a trade wouldn't even go down unless a lot of that stuff is worked out prior to the trade being made official. Just like Turris, and Varlamov's contract/RFA situations. Him playing in the KHL is connected to his contract demands so that kind of goes hand in hand. If he agrees to a contract with the Avs or whatever team he is traded to, the KHL becomes a non-issue.

Most people don't bring up all that crap because it's widely accepted, hence kept out of the argument and not worth discussing in trade talks because there wouldn't be a trade if it was really an issue.

But hey... Go ahead and continue to use it as a basis for devaluing a player you want us all to agree to taking a package of futures for. Good luck with that, =)

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
  #54
XX
One More
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tipplandia?
Country: United States
Posts: 42,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
So you not only speak for your teams entire fan base, but also write as if your 'opinion' is fact. Honestly it's irritating.
This is a message board where fans debate pointlessly and continually for fun. Start having fun. Because you are taking this way too seriously.

That said, if you think the KHL nonsense doesn't play a role in his value, you will be sorely disappointed should he be traded.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
  #55
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
This is a message board where fans debate pointlessly and continually for fun. Start having fun. Because you are taking this way too seriously.

That said, if you think the KHL nonsense doesn't play a role in his value, you will be sorely disappointed should he be traded.
I will be or I might be?

Oh, and I am having fun now, but only because you told me to. Still don't agree with you though, sorry.

Edit : I think you might apreciate this... In the interest of having fun. =)


Last edited by CobraAcesS: 01-16-2013 at 07:05 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
  #56
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post


Ryan O'Reilly is a top 6 center in the KHL right now. In the NHL he is an unsigned RFA holding out after 1 good season. Temper your expectations. He's also a luxury for Colorado. If they were offered a solid package that contained a blue chip D, they should take it.
He's not a luxury, and until the games start he's not a holdout either. Rolling 3 even lines is a huge part of the Avs plans, something they're not going to get unless someone who's ready to play with EJ is coming the other way.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
  #57
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,689
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
These are two number one defensmen mind you..

Is O'reilly your number one center?
I'm confused to why i'm quoted, but i'll answer. If the Avs part with RoR, we'd want a top pairing or potential top pairing d-man, not prospect. As good as a prospect like Gormley is, it's too much of a risk. I believe Gormley will be a top 4 d-man in the NHL, but when you trade someone with Radars age, production, and potential, we'd better be getting at the very least, a semi-established piece back.

O'Reilly was our '#1 center' last year, I don't have a crystal ball so I can't say if he'll replicate that season, but all signs point to yes. He was our leading scorer while putting up amazing defensive stats as well. You also have to remember the Avs role 3 scoring lines rather than the more conventional top 2 lines, so defining one of the Avs center as #1 is a bit misleading.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.