HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jerseys for 2013/14?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 07:15 PM
  #1
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
New Jerseys for 2013/14?

I was over in the Habs forum when I stumbled upon a link that tells me this:

Quote:
Reebok indicates new home/roads for Hurricanes

That's right, 16 years after leaving Hartford, the CAROLINA HURRICANES may be getting another uniform overhaul. Or so says Reebok, anyway. The manufacturer is preparing retailers for possible new home and road jerseys. However, the alternate appears to be remaining the same.

There haven't been any rumors about the Hurricanes looking to redesign their sweaters, so it could be that they're just simplifying their designs next season. The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

What do you imagine the Canes could have in store for 2013?
It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:17 PM
  #2
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14
 
Gotta Catch Em Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Made a new thread for this as it is big enough news if there is any truth to it.

__________________
-Jonathan
Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
  #3
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal View Post
Made a new thread for this as it is big enough news if there is any truth to it.
Thanks. I debated doing that myself, but felt like it was probably old ground. It seems as though this has been discussed in the past, but I suppose this is something semi-official almost.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
  #4
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 966
vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
I was over in the Habs forum when I stumbled upon a link that tells me this:



It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.
it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
  #5
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 966
vCash: 511
and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #6
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,599
vCash: 500
It better happen. Ready for a change now.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #7
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14
 
Gotta Catch Em Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
I doubt the logo will change. If this report is true, I think it is probably correct in speculating that it will be a minor redesign.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:59 PM
  #8
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,482
vCash: 500
I just bought a new jersey for 50% off yesterday. **** me.

Stephen Goalbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
  #9
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal View Post
I doubt the logo will change. If this report is true, I think it is probably correct in speculating that it will be a minor redesign.
Sure, I'm just ready for a change in general. Doesn't matter what's changed, just that it is changed.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
  #10
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecowman View Post
it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecowman View Post
and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.
Reading comprehension is your friend.

Quote:
The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
  #11
Clark Gillies
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
I was over in the Habs forum when I stumbled upon a link that tells me this:



It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.
Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.

Clark Gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:32 PM
  #12
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 966
vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.
Thanks for finding that excerpt, I didn't have time to read the article so I just posted the first few things that came to my head. I'm a busy man. Stackin those benjamins

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
  #13
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,030
vCash: 500
Welcome back MeleeRay

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #14
Gr8Dan
Registered User
 
Gr8Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Hopefully they get rid of the silver color and the hurricane flags at the bottom of the jersey. The shoulder piping should go too.

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
  #15
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored
 
AntonFromAppState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Country: Honduras
Posts: 2,637
vCash: 500
Get rid of the piping and I'm happy.

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:30 PM
  #16
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,288
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
Get rid of the piping and I'm happy.
same here, it's pointless. Possibly switch the logo used for the 3rds onto the home and away as the primary as well, beyond that is overkill

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
  #17
AD Skinner
Registered User
 
AD Skinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
same here, it's pointless. Possibly switch the logo used for the 3rds onto the home and away as the primary as well, beyond that is overkill
That might be cool. They could just switch the main logo and shoulder logo. And possibly tweak the flag a little bit- they could put a second square on it to make it an actual hurricane flag, and emphasize the "H" that the squares make.

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
  #18
Yes We Cam
Anton who?
 
Yes We Cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
  #19
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post
Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
  #20
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gillies View Post
Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.
The discount in this situation applied to both.

A friend I went to practice with today wanted to look around the store a bit, so I chatted up the dude who seems to be the guy in charge. Contractually they really can't "discount" sweaters typically, as they have to maintain an obligated MSRP. This is a rather rare situation where they were allowed to do so. As for the lettering, it costs what it costs, so that's why there usually isn't a markdown there, except for now.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
  #21
bilpeto
Master Mixologist
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.
I wouldn't call it a dustbin. More of a shrine, mainly because it has Brass Bonanza in it.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
  #22
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.
Brass Bonanza was played at my wedding.

Yes, my wife grew up a Whalers season ticket holder.

No, this was not optional, and my opinion was not sought.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:22 PM
  #23
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
Brass Bonanza was played at my wedding.

Yes, my wife grew up a Whalers season ticket holder.

No, this was not optional, and my opinion was not sought.
My wife's an attorney. She'll gladly handle a divorce for you pro bono.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:27 PM
  #24
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
My wife's an attorney. She'll gladly handle a divorce for you pro bono.
IIED - Intentional infliction of emotional distress. She might even be able to take this criminal and get punitive damages!

/I keed


Last edited by PaulProteus: 01-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.
PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
  #25
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm
 
Big Daddy Cane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Western PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 500
I just say leave them as-is. However, if they are actually going to change them up, they need to keep the hurricane warning flag print. That is one of the more unique and cooler looks among all of the uniforms in the NHL.

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.