HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Willie Mitchell Had Knee Surgery

Old
01-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Martyros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Move Richardson or Muzzin or Loktionov for some d depth.
and that's probably what will go down. Richardson the more likely.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Whiskeypete

last night during the televised practice someone (i think it was DL) said for now the pairing will be AMart - VV. the only two people they spoke with was DL and Luc that would have any comment about it. they interviewed Kopi, but he wouldn't say anything about the D pairings at this point. not his place, other than the usual cliches of "we're a team and we function as a team".

so from last night it would be
Scuds-DD
AMart - VV
Greener - ?

the 6th spot is going to be Whiskey, Bodnarchuk or Muzzin

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
last night during the televised practice someone (i think it was DL) said for now the pairing will be AMart - VV. the only two people they spoke with was DL and Luc that would have any comment about it. they interviewed Kopi, but he wouldn't say anything about the D pairings at this point. not his place, other than the usual cliches of "we're a team and we function as a team".

Scuds-DD
AMart - VV
Greener - ?

Nice promotion for Martinez.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
MsWoof

So what's the story? It sounds like this is some heavily guarded secret. Did they say when and how the injury took place? What part of the knee was damaged other than to say it's non ACL/MCL?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:18 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
So what's the story? It sounds like this is some heavily guarded secret. Did they say when and how the injury took place? What part of the knee was damaged other than to say it's non ACL/MCL?
He injured his knee a couple of months back, I believe from a hunting/fishing trip. Surgery was to remove cartilage. He was suppose to be close to coming back for the start of the season, but apparently has had a 'set back' and is now week-to-week.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post

Scuds-DD
AMart - VV
Greener - ?

DD44 sucks. Muzzin is okay, but I really want to see Bodnarchuk play

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

We have a lot of nice, quality young players who we don't have room or role for on the big club. It's to the point now where we are like what Detroit was before when we signed Quincey off waivers from them.

Perhaps we could trade a bunch to a team with a lot of holes like Columbus and solve this problem once and for all on our defense. In the future, our top 4 has maybe two guaranteed spots filled - DD and VV. Maybe we can make a 3 or 4 for 1 deal for Ryan Murray?

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Double post

Last edited by Rorschach: 01-16-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
We have a lot of nice, quality young players who we don't have room or role for on the big club. It's to the point now where we are like what Detroit was before when we signed Quincey off waivers from them.

Perhaps we could trade a bunch to a team with a lot of holes like Columbus and solve this problem once and for all on our defense. In the future, our top 4 has maybe two guaranteed spots filled - DD and VV. Maybe we can make a 3 or 4 for 1 deal for Ryan Murray?
lol that's not going to happen. Unless it's something like Toffoli+ Voynov+Bernier+Loktionov+Forbort for Murray+Mason, it's not going to happen....even THAT is not enough.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
lol that's not going to happen. Unless it's something like Toffoli+ Voynov+Bernier+Loktionov+Forbort for Murray+Mason, it's not going to happen....even THAT is not enough.
Just because the guy was drafted 2nd overall one year, doesn't make him a franchise player. If you look at Voynov, he was drafted very early 2nd round in 2008 where there were like 15 defensemen chosen and the only reason he fell even that low was because he was Russian. If he was American or Canadian and lets say Ryan Murray was in that same draft, it's very possible Voynov is picked ahead of Murray.

Murray may become a future Willie Mitchell. He's not a future Pietrangelo.

Last edited by Rorschach: 01-16-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Just because the guy was drafted 2nd overall one year, doesn't make him a franchise player. If you look at Voynov, he was drafted very early 2nd round in 2008 where there were like 15 defensemen chosen and the only reason he fell even that low was because he was Russian. If he was American or Canadian and lets say Ryan Murray was in that same draft, it's very possible Voynov is picked ahead of Murray.

No, it doesn't, but he is highly touted to be their future number 1 dman. You don't draft someone that high and trade him away without a massive overpayment.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Mattias

Quote:

Take a time machine back to when we drafted Doughty and have someone offer 3 prospects and watch that reaction.

Sheesh man, let them have the prospect they failed so miserably for.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
No, it doesn't, but he is highly touted to be their future number 1 dman. You don't draft someone that high and trade him away without a massive overpayment.
I agree. And I would call a "massive" overpayment to be 1.5 to 2x value. The package you said wasn't enough is almost quadruple value.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Take a time machine back to when we drafted Doughty and have someone offer 3 prospects and watch that reaction.

Sheesh man, let them have the prospect they failed so miserably for.
The two situations are nothing like each other. Doughty was worth way more than Murray on his draft day and the Kings were desperate for defensemen while having a pool of nice young players on forwards and goaltending. Right now Columbus has a decent D corps and has a lot of holes everywhere else.

Who knows...Howson might accept a many for one deal if it is an overpayment, depending on how the Jackets do this year. The guy we would be targeting is not a consensus franchise player, you know.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Mattias

Quote:
The two situations are nothing like each other. Doughty was worth way more than Murray on his draft day and the Kings were desperate for defensemen while having a pool of nice young players on forwards and goaltending. Right now Columbus has a decent D corps and has a lot of holes everywhere else.

Who knows...Howson might accept a many for one deal if it is an overpayment, depending on how the Jackets do this year. The guy we would be targeting is not a consensus franchise player, you know.
He was? I remember a bunch of posters valuing Bogosian over Doughty. I'm not trolling on this post, can others confirm on the Doughty value being so much more high?

I still can't see Howson selling off a guy who was taken at second overall this fast...

Old
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Voynov would not be drafted above Ryan Murray. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's beyond reaching.

Quote:
No kidding. Rather you lose them on waivers, ala Thomas Hickey

Quote:
He was? I remember a bunch of posters valuing Bogosian over Doughty. I'm not trolling on this post, can others confirm on the Doughty value being so much more high?

I still can't see Howson selling off a guy who was taken at second overall this fast...
I was one who wanted Bognosian over Doughty. I'm glad DL didn't take my offer to consult

On draft day it was Stamkos as #1, and then it was mostly a coin flip between Drew, Bognosian and Pieterangelo for #2 according to many draft experts.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Bogosian was worth more than Murray too.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

No kidding. Rather you lose them on waivers, ala Thomas Hickey

c'mon, you're really comparing Hickey (off the board pick, reportedly Boston was the other team interested in him) with Murray (top 3 prospect in his year)?

Old
01-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Mattias

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Bogosian was worth more than Murray too.
Is that way you recently made that thread over in the prospects area asking everyone how Murray compares?

My point is this, Columbus is not going to trade an A prospect for 3 B prospects. If Howson does, I'll eat my hat. I'll even eat my shoe if he goes to us for Loki/Bernier/1st. But I am not seeing this happen.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
c'mon, you're really comparing Hickey (off the board pick, reportedly Boston was the other team interested in him) with Murray (top 3 prospect in his year)?
No, that's why I put a in there. It was a joke.

:sarc asm:: sarcasm::sarca sm::s arcasm:

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

UPDATE Jan 18th : http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/01/18...%80%93-jan-18/

Quote:
WILLIE MITCHELL SKATES

For the first time since the Kings’ shortened camp opened, Willie Mitchell was able skate, spending about a half-hour alone on the ice after practice. Mitchell said he felt no pain in his surgically repaired knee, but said he was merely taking “baby steps.” He downplayed his injury, calling it a “wear and tear thing,” and said his surgery was nothing major. “They just went in and cleaned it up. Not a big procedure. A lot of guys have this all the time. No ligaments, no nothing like that.” Mitchell declined to assess his health on a percentage basis. “I can’t say that,” he said. “I just twirled around.”

While speaking to the media for the first time this year, Mitchell said winning the Stanley Cup has left him hungry for more.

“I get it now, why guys want to repeat so bad,” he said. “You get a taste of that, a taste of what it all feels like, a taste of what your summer feel like and I absolutely get why guys want to do it so bad again.”

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote