HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal and Minnesota

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
I3ig13ig

vCash: 500
Wow. I appreciate all the positive feedback guys. Thanks.

I too tried to figure a way to fit Clutterbuck into the trade but Seto seemed like a better match. I figured that Coyle or Zucker may be able to slip into Seto's spot on the Wild roster and not really miss much of a step.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Dharvey33

Not a bad proposal by all means but i wouldn't do it i think Dumba will be good but not as good as Subban and if he is it will take at least 3-4 years and then Subban will be at his prime years playing the best hockey of his career.

It's hard making a case of trading Subban for a younger similar dman it would feel like going a step back the 1st is not projected to be high because i think the wild are making the playoffs this year and setoguchi is another enigmatic player that we don't need.

Value wise it's fair but it doesn't make sense for the tabs to do it.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:06 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
No interest in Subban ..... Wild don't need an over-rated ego-driven turtling jerk in their locker room.

I like the proposal, though. I think Habs fans are making out a little better than they think they will.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
AKL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post

Nice try, but no.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Nice try, but no.
Sorry, you seem to be missing the point. I should have been clearer, my bad.

By all accounts, Heatley has fit in quite well in Minnesota. And, by all accounts, Heatley was an over-rated, ego-driven, primadonna jerk here in Ottawa.

Just because a player has a reputation in one city, it doesn't mean that will carry on everywhere he plays once he moves on. Player's attitudes change. Heatley is the poster boy for that scenario.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Hero
Uncle Leo

vCash: 1350
No need for Minny to do this, be patient with Dumba and he could be just as good as PK

Old
01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
After watching Dumba with the big boys tonight, I'm excited to see how this kid turns out. Don't think the Wild are gonna give him up anytime soon.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I think something around this proposal could be worked but I'd rather not give away Seto quite yet, solely for the fact that I don't think Coyle or Zucker if quite ready yet to replace his production. Would be better if we could replace Seto with Clutter and maybe a lesser pick or prospect.
Would the Wild be interested in Bourque at all? He sucked last year with the Habs but normally he's better and I bet he could put up similar numbers to Setoguchi on the Wild. He would be a decent stopgap for this year until Coyle or Zucker are ready.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

If there's absolutely no way for the Habs to sign Subban, this is actually the kind of return I'd be looking for. The Wild suddenly have a much better defensive line with two legit #1 defenseman, the Habs somewhat solidify their top 6 (or their top 9, at worst), get a project defenseman that has a decent enough upside, and a first that should end up around 20th.

For once, a good proposal!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I would do it if we could sneak in one more piece

1st
Dumba
Setoguchi

for

Subban
Bourque

haha, tried to sneak it in there!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Would the Wild be interested in Bourque at all? He sucked last year with the Habs but normally he's better and I bet he could put up similar numbers to Setoguchi on the Wild. He would be a decent stopgap for this year until Coyle or Zucker are ready.
Damn I didn't see this post before I posted mine. Great minds think alike I guess!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

P.K. Subban (on basis that a deal would be ready to sign with the Wild)

RW Devin Setoguchi
D Matt Dumba
1st Round Pick in 2013

This is just an outside fan thinking outside the box. The Wild need another top 4 dman and would get a top pairing one in Subban. The Habs get a quality top 6 forward, an excellent d prospect who could turn out like Subban and a 1st round selection in a very deep draft this season. I think this would definitely give Minny another huge boost towards going deep in the playoffs. This would help the Habs in the forward department while their talented defensive prospects such as Tinordi, Bealieau, Dumba, and Ellis can begin to step in to try and fill Subban's void.

I think this is a good basis for a deal, although I know the Habs would be reluctant to trade Subban. Probably some different tweaks and what not would help it out as well. What do you think?
one of the better proposals I've seen lately.
nice amount of risk/reward going both ways.

THing is, ff it does come to the habs having to trade Subban, it will be because they can't agree to a contract (and likely that Subban is firmly in the 5M$+ range in terms of contract demands).

Minny is at 13M$ in cap space for next year, take off another 5.5M$ for Subban, and that leaves them with 7.5M$ to sign 6-7 players, and that includes re-signing (or replacing?) Backstrom.

I don't think Minny does the deal on that basis alone, unfortunately, because if the Habs do decide to move Subban, that is precisely the kind of deal that they would need to get for him.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, Clutterbuck, Dumba, 1st round pick + another prospect/pick

Or, Clutterbuck, Dumba and lesser pick/prospect?

Clutterbuck would be huge for the habs. Great energy guy.
We have more than enough energy players, we need high end talent and picks, that's all.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Wild wouldn't have any interest in Bourque.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Wild wouldn't have any interest in Bourque.
What if he comes with a gift basket? Perhaps your significant other likes body shoppe?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 50
we have too many contracts right now to take an extra player.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:03 PM
capitalsrock

good proposal.

Dumba will take a while to be ready(2-3 years)

This would definitely be a rebuilding year for Montreal if they did this because they would most likely be horrible on defense without Subban and could probably draft Jones to be their new franchise defenseman with how low they are going to finish in standings plus another high pick from Minnesota.

Habs win this deal in the long run because they will have developed Dumba, Galchenyuk, and their 2 1sts.

Price and Paccioretty will get better definitely and in about 2-3 years they would be a very good team, but it would take patience and habs fans would be mad for rebuilding.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
I don't think Minnesota does it. They know, or at least should know that this isn't their year. I doubt they trade Dumba (although still 2-3 years away from making an impact), who could very well turn into Subban, AND a first. Not to mention Setoguchi, who they currently don't have a replacement for.
Exactly this. Minnesota doesn't touch this deal. It appears to benefit them now, but hurts them in the future - which is exactly where the Wild's strength lies.

The Canadiens would do this in a heartbeat; especially since there are rumors about Subban and management being pretty far apart regarding a new contract.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

Wild would need to be sending at least one roster player, probably two to Montreal to make a trade for Subban work. We're already at the max contracts and with Dumba possibly staying to play a few games, we'd be at 51. Then of course there's the issue of not enough salary too. Seto or Cullen would probably be a part of the deal in order to open up enough salary space to hopefully sign Subban, and I'd much, much rather it be Cullen going than Seto.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Good proposal ! It makes me think of the Burns trade to SJ. I think it would be a great deal for the Habs. It would however put them in full rebuild mode but it is a deep draft and you add our first and we add two very good prospects to our pool. Plus we get Seto to play on our top line or second line. I take it. Fair deal for both sides.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 241

Great proposal, very fair deal!

Uhh...

Old
01-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

It's really not a bad proposal, I just don't think the Wild do it quite yet. We have a lot of great prospects and we wanna see what they can do over the next year or two before we decide who to get rid of and who not to. We're not at that "go all in" stage yet where we're going to be pursuing a cup. Just about any Wild fan will tell you they'd be happy just to see some playoff hockey this year. Fletcher will likely wait til' next year or maybe even two years from now when he's got more cap space to work with and an even deeper prospect pool to deal from before he makes a trade that tells the NHL "we're going for it".

Old
01-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Sharppi
5 more years of Dub.

vCash: 1139
I'm all for trading Seto & Clutterbuck but Dumba and the 1st concern me. Seto+Clutter+(prospect, maybe Philips or something) would be actually fine with me. Our D-cupboard is too thin to give out Dumba and I really really really don't want to give out 2013 1st rounder.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:39 AM
ChoseLa

I don't want to be in a situation where we give the best player.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Puhis
@iPuhis

Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Clutterbuck
Setoguchi
Phillips
2014 3rd round pick

For

P.K. Subban
2013 4th round pick

Habs get a fast, shoot-first winger of proven quality and a 3rd-line grinder/energy-guy who can chip in offensively. In addition, Zack Phillips is a promising center who has excellent hands, good vision, very talented offensively without being a liability defensively AND has the ability to grow a great beard.

Wild gets Subban and a mid-round pick.

Remember that Phillips is not just a throw-in: He was a 1st round pick in 2011 draft, and has progressed fairly well. He projects to be a top-6 forward and he has a very high upside. Only reason we'd be interested in moving him is that, well, we're pretty stacked on forward prospects. He'd have to fight Granlund, Zucker, Coyle and Larsson to get a roster spot, and that doesn't include the vets/established NHLers. It's not a knock on him, but right now, there's no room for him.

Closed Thread