2012-13 Ticket Holders

Old
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
All you guys *****ing about the tickets sound awfully ungrateful considering the team only just got back. Sounds like something you'd expect from the bandwagon crowd, not rugged Jets fans.

Just sayin'.
Oh sorry I guess we should always be eternally grateful to TNSE and just accept their ideas as coming straight from a god, unquestionable and always right. And if we do object to being screwed with with anger, well your not a real fan at all. My bad, I'll make sure to keep this mind.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 01-16-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
You answered your own question. In the "old days", you'd have to physically drive to the east end with a little paper stub in your hand known as a ticket, and give to your friend. Whoever held the ticket was the owner. Back then, people thought "there must be an easier way?? Especially with email" (I was one of these people). Now, you have an electronic copy of each ticket with the click of a button. On a computer at home, office, library, or on your phone/tablet if you are not near a computer. If you guys switch a game at 6pm, just email him the ticket instantly. For FREE (NOT "forwarding"). Or email the ticket to the Jets' willcall for FREE and your buddy can pick up at the game.

If you need to get a list of say, data for work, to a co-worker across the city, would you drive the list over to him, or send it instantly via email?

TNSE should not have called it "Printing at home" (the free service) - this implies you can only print a physical piece of paper and then must drive that paper around (or pay the fee to "forward" it electronically). This is NOT true. "Printing at home" means clicking a button (again, on a home computer, work computer, library computer, iphone, ipad, galaxy, etc) to create a PDF of the ticket, which you can save to your computer, email later to a buddy to use, etc etc etc.

People should look at it this as 100% electronic, and having the card is a convenience bonus incase it is just one person using all the tickets.

I cannot believe TNSE is taking heat for this; I am applauding them for it. and give them credit for covering any forwarding fees after this unfounded backlash from STH who are only familiar with the paper ticket method.

</venting>
I hear you Soble, now that everything has been clarified I for one think it's great. It seems to me we have more flexibility now, not less. The only people I see being affected in the end are the people who keep their tickets as souvineers. They will now have to pay a little extra to get a ticket. But at least they still have the option.

I still have the question I asked earlier. If person A "prints" the ticket at home and emails it to person B, does person B have electronic possession of that ticket in the system? Or just the ability to print it off at person B's house? IOW, is there a difference between "printing" the ticket and emailing the pdf, and an actual electronic transfer?

It's moot now because TNSE has said that transfer costs will also be waived going forward, but as person B in my group, it gives me extra flexibility to actually have electronic ownership of the games I get in our group.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:56 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I still have the question I asked earlier. If person A "prints" the ticket at home and emails it to person B, does person B have electronic possession of that ticket in the system? Or just the ability to print it off at person B's house? IOW, is there a difference between "printing" the ticket and emailing the pdf, and an actual electronic transfer?

It's moot now because TNSE has said that transfer costs will also be waived going forward, but as person B in my group, it gives me extra flexibility to actually have electronic ownership of the games I get in our group.
If you, person A, prints the ticket and then emails it to person B, the ticket is taken off person A's plastic card. That's it. All person B has is a ticket to get in the game, but they have no control over that ticket.

If person A electronically transfer the ticket, it is taken off person A's plastic card, but person B now "owns" the ticket and they can transfer it to someone else if they like.

That's my understanding.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Crazed Fan

Quote:
All you guys *****ing about the tickets sound awfully ungrateful considering the team only just got back. Sounds like something you'd expect from the bandwagon crowd, not rugged Jets fans.

Just sayin'.
Its frustrating. It might not be a problem for you, but its left a few of us scrambling. I dont have a printer either.
They have made this more difficult for a few of us. Made even harder if you are splitting a season ticket.
Getting all your tickets at the beginning of the year was VERY easy. Now its less easy or convenient for some.

Me being inconvenienced 3 days before a game i am supposed to attend has nothing to do with being ungrateful. It definitely has nothing to do with how much i enjoy the Winnipeg Jets.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
The other thing the Jets said that is being overlooked, was for this season, there was no time to print tickets and get them to people. Given when they knew the schedule, how long it takes to print up the tickets, and to get them out to the ticket holders... the Jets said there was not enough time to do this, so the card was the only option.

I had / have no problem with the card at all, now that things have been cleared up. My only beef was I thought it was nuts to make someone pay $2.50 per ticket, in the future, to print them off.
I am fairly certain that this was the plan for 2012-13 all along - there were rumours about it on here over the summer. I think it's just serendipity that the lockout coincided with their plans. Showcasing the speed and ease of ticket distribution with this method.

But I agree that the only major issue I (and most others) ever had with this was the $2.50 charge.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Soble

Quote:
If you, person A, prints the ticket and then emails it to person B, the ticket is taken off person A's plastic card. That's it. All person B has is a ticket to get in the game, but they have no control over that ticket.

If person A electronically transfer the ticket, it is taken off person A's plastic card, but person B now "owns" the ticket and they can transfer it to someone else if they like.

That's my understanding.
I believe that is correct. Person B can always email that ticket to someone else if they wish; they just cannot re-sell it via SeatExchange, donate it, "transfer" it in the system to someone else, etc. If person B emails the ticket, or does something careless like save the file on a common computer at a school/library/cafe (!!) then the first time that barcode gets scanned at MTSC is the person who gets into the game.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
SCP Guy

Now that they have assured us it will be free to print our own tickets people are overreacting IMHO...

Save the pdf file to a usb key and staples will print it on beautiful glossy paper for cheap if you don't have a printer lol

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:

Just sayin'.
Well, TNSE appeared to be trying to turn an expense (designing, printing and distributing physical tickets, say $250,000) into a revenue source (maybe $1,000,000 - $1,500,000 in fees). We're not suckers! Well, we are...but there's a limit!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:29 AM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 900
I'm pretty sure that for next season STH will be able to order framed full ticket packages for display from TN... probably for $249.99.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Well, TNSE appeared to be trying to turn an expense (designing, printing and distributing physical tickets, say $250,000) into a revenue source (maybe $1,000,000 - $1,500,000 in fees). We're not suckers! Well, we are...but there's a limit!
Key word: "appeared". I don't believe they ever intended to charge for "printing" / sending tickets via email to your group etc but we'll never know.

The forwarding revenue would have gone to Ticketmaster, not the team. Ticketmaster isn't providing these services to NHL teams for free.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Beazley
The 'Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Key word: "appeared". I don't believe they ever intended to charge for "printing" / sending tickets via email to your group etc but we'll never know.

The forwarding revenue would have gone to Ticketmaster, not the team. Ticketmaster isn't providing these services to NHL teams for free.
Exactly.

I don't see True North brass sitting around a boardroom, brainstorming about new and unexplored revenue streams, and deciding that service fees on the back of their STHs for ticket reproduction/distribution was a line of business that they wished to engage in.

True North is in the hockey business, not the ticket production/distribution business. It is common business practice to contract these types of auxiliary administrative functions to businesses better suited to take it on.

Enter Ticketmaster. The $2.50 is Ticketmaster's fee and without pointing any fingers at their business parter, True North came to the defense of their STH's with clarification that we would not be charged for the service. Period. Evar.

People liked the old tickets. It's as simple as that. It's one thing to be dissapointed (I was, for one... Those tickets were awesome last year, and it now requires some personal effort) but some of these reactions are completely out of proportion and the vitriol is misplaced entirely. Comdemning True North for moving forward with a (superior in every way) electronic system reeks of small time, old-school, narrow thinking.

Balance people... Balance.

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Exactly.

I don't see True North brass sitting around a boardroom, brainstorming about new and unexplored revenue streams, and deciding that service fees on the back of their STHs for ticket reproduction/distribution was a line of business that they wished to engage in.

True North is in the hockey business, not the ticket production/distribution business. It is common business practice to contract these types of auxiliary administrative functions to businesses better suited to take it on.

Enter Ticketmaster. The $2.50 is Ticketmaster's fee and without pointing any fingers at their business parter, True North came to the defense of their STH's with clarification that we would not be charged for the service. Period. Evar.

People liked the old tickets. It's as simple as that. It's one thing to be dissapointed (I was, for one... Those tickets were awesome last year, and it now requires some personal effort) but some of these reactions are completely out of proportion and the vitriol is misplaced entirely. Comdemning True North for moving forward with a (superior in every way) electronic system reeks of small time, old-school, narrow thinking.

Balance people... Balance.
Good post, I agree.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Huffer

Quote:

That's my understanding.
Thanks, that is my understanding as well. I would like to have electronic ownership of my tickets in the group, which is why it was great to see the "transfer" fee will not exist.

All good in my books so far with this change. Once it goes all the way to being able to scan in with your smartphone, I think it will be great personally.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If the 2.50 cent printing fee stays away I am downgrading to merely upset instead of furious about this change. Nobody is going to convince me that something that makes my life less convenient is a good thing.

Talked it over with the group, not one printer. So now my and the guy who the other ticket is in the name of get to pay to go staples and pay to get the tickets printed out. Yippie. I mean it's not much, but the inconvenience and principle of the thing bother the he'll out of me. I don't give a damn if it saves TNSE money...not one bit., they are already making a killing off us.
Should buy a ST group printer! You can even put jets stickers all over it Can get decent printers for $30 now a days. There's also a method of sending the tickets to be printed at the MTSC to be picked up for the game, which I know is an added hassle, but a nice option for last minute problems.

I'm also not thrilled about the new system, but it really does make sense, and all sports ST are eventually going to go this route. I hope they figure out their problem with passbooks on mobile devices in the next few years. I agree that it would be outrageous if they didn't waive the printing at home fees. Now the only problem IMO, is that there is no nice collectible memorabilia for each game.

In regards to the switching to the season ticket cards being because of the lockout: they were planning on going this route for a while, there was talk about it during the season last year. It's also what a lot of other organizations do already. I believe the lockout definitely provided them with the extra push they needed to commit to the change, but it would have happened soon enough anyway.

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
mondo3

What do you think about them issuing multiple cards per seat? Then there would be no printing of tickets required.

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
What do you think about them issuing multiple cards per seat? Then there would be no printing of tickets required.
I could see this working, other than when the person you are sharing cards with forgets it wasn't their night to go to the game and swipes in before you do.

Given the fact that the Jets are going to charge you $25 to replace a lost card, I would imagine they would charge you up front for extra cards. Could get pricey as well, but it might be worth asking them.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Le Golie

I get that people generally don't like change, but I have a hard time understanding the complaints I've been hearing on this issue. To me this is an excellent idea that makes it easier to disperse tickets, not harder.

I don't get it, but I sure hope it causes 660 people to not renew their ticket contracts once they are up, then I can inherit this 'headache'.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Yes they did last year, and in the case of forwarding tickets I didn't have a chance to transfer to friends myself (physically), I didn't mind paying this fee.

But you can't say that a fee will be waived in the Jets STH guide, then state there was never going to be a fee!

Anyway, this has been debated to death, I just haven't checked HF in a day!

Just happy the Jets are back and its time to DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epo View Post
I agree that it was a back track and not a misunderstanding, but they did charge for ticket forwarding last year.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
I get that people generally don't like change, but I have a hard time understanding the complaints I've been hearing on this issue. To me this is an excellent idea that makes it easier to disperse tickets, not harder.

I don't get it, but I sure hope it causes 660 people to not renew their ticket contracts once they are up, then I can inherit this 'headache'.
I think the aversion to change had little to do with it. For me it was the aversion to being forced to spend an extra $175 to disperse tickets in my group. Isn't that a valid complaint? Oh, well it would only be another $43.75 each (+ tax) for the 4 of us. I think we all know how expensive emails are these days! Maybe they can add in a tip option for those who feel like this extra convenience is deserving of some kind of financial compensation...?

I agree though, that it appears that TNSE (probably) never intended to remove the free option for distributing tickets, even though their guide was a little unclear on the matter and left the door open. And I mean, to be fair, they only had an 8 month off season to work this stuff out...

Old
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Oh sorry I guess we should always be eternally grateful to TNSE and just accept their ideas as coming straight from a god, unquestionable and always right. And if we do object to being screwed with with anger, well your not a real fan at all. My bad, I'll make sure to keep this mind.
OK so that's taking it right to the extreme and/or personally, don't you think?

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

I just printed my first tickets from my STH account, and appears TNSE are listing the "A" "B" "C" level prices on the downloaded/printed ticket.

Example, a P3 ticket for Philly is $135.50 "face value" on the printed ticket, while season ticket price is about $97. Thankful for that

But they are also devilishly brilliant for the resale market by putting the account holder name on there too......

Old
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
I just printed my first tickets from my STH account, and appears TNSE are listing the "A" "B" "C" level prices on the downloaded/printed ticket.

Example, a P3 ticket for Philly is $135.50 "face value" on the printed ticket, while season ticket price is about $97. Thankful for that

But they are also devilishly brilliant for the resale market by putting the account holder name on there too......
I was always curious about why the printed the single game price on tickets too... but, then I read in the guide they sent out with season tickets that if you want to sell games back to the Jets, you get a credit on your account based on the single game price, less a fee. I always thought it was a credit at the season ticket price. (Since it doesn't say what the fee is, I'm hoping it's not the difference between season and single ticket, but rather a couple bucks, if I ever end up in a situation where I have to sell a game back).

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

If you sell games back to the Jets via Seat Exchange, you only get your original STH price back - and its a credit towards next year, not cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
I was always curious about why the printed the single game price on tickets too... but, then I read in the guide they sent out with season tickets that if you want to sell games back to the Jets, you get a credit on your account based on the single game price, less a fee. I always thought it was a credit at the season ticket price. (Since it doesn't say what the fee is, I'm hoping it's not the difference between season and single ticket, but rather a couple bucks, if I ever end up in a situation where I have to sell a game back).

Old
01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
buggs
A storm is coming...

vCash: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
I'm pretty sure that for next season STH will be able to order framed full ticket packages for display from TN... probably for $249.99.
No doubt. But that doesn't actually solve the problem for most people. As a season ticket holder in a group I don't get to go to every game. So while last year's first Bruins game in Winnipeg was awesome to watch, a ticket stub doesn't mean a single thing to me as I wasn't at the game. So I'm only interested in the physical tickets for games I actually attended, not the whole shooting match. That applies through my group. Similarly I could care less about a ticket stub for a game I didn't attend where the Jets stunk up the arena.

That said, I'm fine with the option they have. I'll PowerPoint or Photoshop my own tickets and get them printed commercially for the games I attend and as such are meaningful. I've no interest in a full ticket package at all. Some might but I doubt that it will actually sell well beyond any that are fortunate enough to attend a whole season (less than 10% of STH?).

I still think it was stellar marketing by TNSE to create a kerfuffle about paying a fee for self printing. Few if any are focusing on the fact they are saving a ton of money by no longer offering tickets. Ultimately they still have changed the season ticket holder agreement by not delivering something some people will want. You could probably actually win something in court if you were really that passionate because you aren't called a season seat holder. It's semantics, but sometimes it's enough. The court costs would be a ridiculous amount and the time would be a waste but that's not my decision. I'll solve my own OCD issues with physical tickets.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
I could see this working, other than when the person you are sharing cards with forgets it wasn't their night to go to the game and swipes in before you do.

Given the fact that the Jets are going to charge you $25 to replace a lost card, I would imagine they would charge you up front for extra cards. Could get pricey as well, but it might be worth asking them.
Tampa is doing it it and all they do is load the games you want onto the cards so there is n
o confusion

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote