HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jaroslav Halak to Toronto?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:22 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
No interest in trading Kessel. Hopefully Nonis is able to sign him long-term. Kessel recently re-affirmed how much he loves playing for Toronto.

If his intentions change, there may be a fit with St.Louis but we'll get see when it comes to that.
I was being sarcastic. That's clearly a horrible trade for the Blues.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Blockbuster

To Stl:
Kessel
Percy

To Tor:
Oshie
Stewart
Halak
Value seems skewed, maybe STL adds Backes and Tarasenko and TOR throws in Bozak?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Value seems skewed, maybe STL adds Backes and Tarasenko and TOR throws in Bozak?
It's still lacking IMO. Blues add Pietrangelo and Leafs Komisarek. That'd be an even well-balanced offer.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Lebanese Leaf

A lot of STL smart-***** in this thread.

I get you guys are good, but where did all this pretentiousness come from? It's as if you're sitting there legs crossed sipping your tea with your pinky finger extended outwards and a monocle on your eye, saying "Why I never!" in a British accent as soon as anyone brings up the thought of trying to acquire one of your players.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post

I get you guys are good, but where did all this pretentiousness come from? It's as if you're sitting there legs crossed sipping your tea with your pinky finger extended outwards and a monocle on your eye, saying "Why I never!" in a British accent as soon as anyone brings up the thought of trying to acquire one of your players.
We got bored after the first 50 Leafs/Blues proposals so we thought we'd switch it up a bit.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:32 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Central
Chicago Blackhawks - no comment
Columbus Blue Jackets - no comment
Detroit Red Wings - no comment
Nashville Predators - Rinne looked bad overseas, any chance you want to move him?
St. Louis Blues - Elliott was a All-star, you wont move the backup? bullocks!

Northwest
Calgary Flames - Mika is getting old, wanna move him for some futures?
Colorado Avalanche - no comment
Edmonton Oilers - no comment
Minnesota Wild - Backstrom? give us him? you got young guys to rely on!
Vancouver Canucks - Lu wants out, Cory is ready.....um deal?

Pacific
Anaheim Ducks - Hiller is cool, will take Getz too
Dallas Stars - no comment
Los Angeles Kings - Bernier for free?
Phoenix Coyotes - Mike Smith is a fluke! will take him though.
San Jose Sharks - no comment

Atlantic
New Jersey Devils - no comment
New York Islanders - Give us ricky, and give us 2 firsts!
New York Rangers - no comment
Philadelphia Flyers - Bryz wants out! it's a mess! will take him.
Pittsburgh Penguins - no comment

Northeast
Boston Bruins - Thomas for free, or return tukka to sender
Buffalo Sabres - no comment
Montreal Canadiens - no comment
Ottawa Senators - your set in net, give us Lehner!
Toronto Maple Leafs - <insert new goalie here>

Southeast
Carolina Hurricanes - no comment
Florida Panthers - no comment
Tampa Bay Lightning - no comment
Washington Capitals - Neuvy spoke out. will give you komi?
Winnipeg Jets - Pav doesn't like the cold!

dannyboy8920 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Quote:

Or perhaps it is the fact that the leafs have nothing we are willing to part with to get what the blues have and respectfully, it is vice versa. No need to bring in stereotyping to compensate your anger for having bad proposals rejected

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

I'd take the risk on acquiring Elliott.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:

Maybe because we see the same ****** trade proposals from leafs fans over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It gets old real fast.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Central
Chicago Blackhawks - no comment
Columbus Blue Jackets - no comment
Detroit Red Wings - no comment
Nashville Predators - Rinne looked bad overseas, any chance you want to move him?
St. Louis Blues - Elliott was a All-star, you wont move the backup? bullocks!

Northwest
Calgary Flames - Mika is getting old, wanna move him for some futures?
Colorado Avalanche - no comment
Edmonton Oilers - no comment
Minnesota Wild - Backstrom? give us him? you got young guys to rely on!
Vancouver Canucks - Lu wants out, Cory is ready.....um deal?

Pacific
Anaheim Ducks - Hiller is cool, will take Getz too
Dallas Stars - no comment
Los Angeles Kings - Bernier for free?
Phoenix Coyotes - Mike Smith is a fluke! will take him though.
San Jose Sharks - no comment

Atlantic
New Jersey Devils - no comment
New York Islanders - Give us ricky, and give us 2 firsts!
New York Rangers - no comment
Philadelphia Flyers - Bryz wants out! it's a mess! will take him.
Pittsburgh Penguins - no comment

Northeast
Boston Bruins - Thomas for free, or return tukka to sender
Buffalo Sabres - no comment
Montreal Canadiens - no comment
Ottawa Senators - your set in net, give us Lehner!
Toronto Maple Leafs - <insert new goalie here>

Southeast
Carolina Hurricanes - no comment
Florida Panthers - no comment
Tampa Bay Lightning - no comment
Washington Capitals - Neuvy spoke out. will give you komi?
Winnipeg Jets - Pav doesn't like the cold!
If you think Halak is the back up you are sorely mistaken. Halak has always been, and always will be the better goalie. Last year was a fluke and career year for Elliott. He may play well this year but he won't touch last years numbers. Halak very well could.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
kimzey59

Quote:

Knowing full well that this will probably start a fight and I probably shouldn't post it:

Yes.
Leaf's fans post almost weekly threads trying to get Halak and/or Stewart for scraps, but because we finally got tired of being "nice" when saying "no" we're smart-*****.
Sorry, but we're tired of having these threads brought up about our players by the SAME FANBASE every week and telling you the same thing every time. We're reaching Einstein's definition of crazy with you Leaf's fans. By bringing these same threads up repeatedly, some Leaf's fans are acting like dumb-*****.

This isn't about us not being willing to move players; it is about you guys not having what we'd want. We have tried explaining to you guys nicely that you don't have the pieces we'd be looking for, yet you persist in trying to push the same rejected trade ideas every few days. It's not happening, give it up already.

Honestly; the Mod's should post a ban on all TOR/STL proposal's. They all end the same and both fanbases are getting frustrated over it.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:52 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
If you think Halak is the back up you are sorely mistaken. Halak has always been, and always will be the better goalie. Last year was a fluke and career year for Elliott. He may play well this year but he won't touch last years numbers. Halak very well could.
That is the joke.

Both are good goalies. Leafs are just in desperate need, and we will likely try to sway any deal with words.

dannyboy8920 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
HavlatMach9

Replace Halak with Elliot? Elliot on the Leafs would mean an all star goalie in net.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Quote:
HavlatMach9 Replace Halak with Elliot? Elliot on the Leafs would mean an all star goalie in net.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:01 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Need to throw in Jaskin to even get Nonis to stop crying about Burke and pick up the phone.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I was being sarcastic. That's clearly a horrible trade for the Blues.
Maybe so but Toronto is most likely saying no to that as well.

01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Knowing full well that this will probably start a fight and I probably shouldn't post it:

Yes.
Leaf's fans post almost weekly threads trying to get Halak and/or Stewart for scraps, but because we finally got tired of being "nice" when saying "no" we're smart-*****.
Sorry, but we're tired of having these threads brought up about our players by the SAME FANBASE every week and telling you the same thing every time. We're reaching Einstein's definition of crazy with you Leaf's fans. By bringing these same threads up repeatedly, some Leaf's fans are acting like dumb-*****.

This isn't about us not being willing to move players; it is about you guys not having what we'd want. We have tried explaining to you guys nicely that you don't have the pieces we'd be looking for, yet you persist in trying to push the same rejected trade ideas every few days. It's not happening, give it up already.

Honestly; the Mod's should post a ban on all TOR/STL proposal's. They all end the same and both fanbases are getting frustrated over it.
Haha relax man, I've been posting on this site for over 3 years, and this is my first time posting in a STL/TOR proposal thread. But what do you expect when you're in the trade rumours and free agent section? It's not like Leaf Nation is flooding the Blues board and making proposals (although they might, we have some very persistent and annoying posters). You should take it as a compliment, people think you guys have the deepest team, and therefore want try and take some of that depth.

Anyways, good luck, I've always liked you guys, don't turn into Canuck fans

Cheers.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Or perhaps it is the fact that the leafs have nothing we are willing to part with to get what the blues have and respectfully, it is vice versa. No need to bring in stereotyping to compensate your anger for having bad proposals rejected
Yay!! Someone gets it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Replace Halak with Elliot? Elliot on the Leafs would mean an all star goalie in net.
Yeah, I'd trade Elliott the all-star for Riemer and Gunnarson. (I mean I really would, but that is about a ridiculous as most TOR-STL proposals.)

Quote:
Haha relax man, I've been posting on this site for over 3 years, and this is my first time posting in a STL/TOR proposal thread. But what do you expect when you're in the trade rumours and free agent section? It's not like Leaf Nation is flooding the Blues board and making proposals (although they might, we have some very persistent and annoying posters). You should take it as a compliment, people think you guys have the deepest team, and therefore want try and take some of that depth.

Anyways, good luck, I've always liked you guys, don't turn into Canuck fans

Cheers.
First, thanks for being resonable and explaining your side. Now let me do the same:

The frustration comes from the fact that STL's side is rarely if ever considered in these proposals. STL is in win now mode, and has plently of NHL quality depth.

We are pretty much only looking for two things. An upgrade to our top two centers (think Berglund++ for someone good enough to push Backes to the second line) or a partner to play the left side oposite of Pietrangelo. We don't need picks, prospects, or NHL depth.

The deals that will currently most interesting to the Blues would be straight swaps (1 for 1) or deals were the Blues deal multiple pieces in return for the best asset.

But NONE of the proposals from TOR factor in any of this. They are usually along the lines of, "Stewart had a down year, we'll give you a second for him," or "Halak and Elliott just won the Jennings with a 55/45 time split, surely Elliott can handle 65+ games, will you part with Halak for less than you gave up for him?" or "Berglund 4 Gunnarson. What? You guys said you wanted a LHD to pair with Pietrangelo."

Now, imagine explaining that in a STL-TOR proposal thread once to thrice a week. Got it? Good. Now imagine those threads have been popping up for the past 12-16 months. When people have talked about explaining this 50 times already, we aren't exagerating. In fact, that is probably on the low end. (1 post/week x 4 week/month x 12 months of posts = 48 times it has been explained.) On the high end, we could be talking about +190 times. (3 posts/week x 4 weeks/month x 16 months of proposals = 192 times explained.)

As a group with a small base of posters, us Blues fans honestly can't comprehend how there are so many Toronto fans that they all haven't gotten it yet.

Oh, and please let us know if we start to get as bad as the Canucks fans.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

You could probably get Elliot for Scrivens and a piece (Bozak? Frattin? Franson?). But definitely not getting Halak for anything short of an overpayment.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:58 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I guess it would have to be Brian Elliott.
yep but he would be the one to get traded not Halak...

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:03 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
You could probably get Elliot for Scrivens and a piece (Bozak? Frattin? Franson?). But definitely not getting Halak for anything short of an overpayment.
No, you couldn't.
We already have too much depth, Elliott is not available for more.

If you want Elliott, it would take an upgrade to our team to get him. Nobody you're willing to part with upgrades our team.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Zoombie

This thread makes me lol. The proposals offered epitomize the stereotype of Leafs fans everywhere haha.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post

Oh, and please let us know if we start to get as bad as the Canucks fans.
Whatever your grievance is with Leafs fans, it really doesn't come close to comparing the 50+(1000 post) Luongo threads that have been going on since the spring. You still have a long way to go.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Whatever your grievance is with Leafs fans, it really doesn't come close to comparing the 50+(1000 post) Luongo threads that have been going on since the spring. You still have a long way to go.
True.

But at least Luongo is widely speculated to be moved sometime in the near future, whereas nobody on the Blues is rumored to be going anywhere.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Elliot would be good for the Leafs

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote