Flames to Hold Press Conference Regarding Iginla's Future

Old
01-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Feaster has already said its to address the fact the media will be asking Iggy every interview about an extension. They are simply stating no discussions will be made until the end of the season so don't ask again for the next 5 months. Therefore its an effort to keep everyone from asking the same question 1000 ****ing times in the next few months.
I think questions regarding a possible trade and/or extension will be banned. I think they will be implementing a zero tolerance policy and any reporting asking about it will be barred from the locker room.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Remember2004

vCash: 500
Realistically whats best is for Iginla to be traded to a cup contender not saying I want this but c'mon Iginla deserves it more than anyone else I would hate to see him leave but I rather him leave to win a cup then come back and retire. Calgary loves him and he loves calgary but I seriously don't think were a serious contender until we get the TRUE #1 center and our secondary scoring steps up.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
berto14

I'm happy leaving the decision entirely in Iggy's hands -- if he wants to stay with the Flames for the last few years of his career, knowing that he'll likely never get a real shot at another Cup, I'm totally cool with that. And if he wants a trade to a contendor to take one last shot, I'm cool with that too. He's shown us more loyalty than most players would and I think we owe it to him to help him accomplish whatever it is he wants with the remainder of his career. Cup or not, Iggy will go down as the greatest Flame of all time.

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Baecon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I wish there was a press conference about Eric Francis' future as a reporter.
As someone who absolutely hates Eric Francis, I think this is hilarious haha

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Rockmorton

Not to pour fuel on the fire, but...

anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?

Rockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?
Doubt it 100% as he is practicing tomorrow or the next day depending on how is gym visit goes tomorrow morning. After seeing what happened with Booth in Vancouver he is expect to miss 4-6 weeks that is 30%-40% of the season there is no way that the Flames will take the chance of rushing him. Also if they were going to trade him they wouldn't have him leading the guys in the locker room as he is.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
The Big Unit

Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.
As Bobby Orr, I find this very intriguing.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
MarkGio

Try selling that to the media. Some guy's colleague has a brother who spoke to Iginla about his career goals.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 0
Guys?

A friend of my brother's boss' nephew's tailor knows the lottery numbers for Saturday.

Totes legit, bro!

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
BVicious

Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks
Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.
Mrs Pronger was 'merican though, and wasnt as acclimated to -40 that a native Edmontonian would be, so kind of apples & oranges.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:30 AM
mjw22

Iggy will be a Flame until he's 39 maybe 40 depending on how long he wants to play.Sadly comfort and money outwiegh his Cup desire. Hate to see him go out like Sundin cause this team isnt winning a cup anytime soon. He'll get a Flame ambassador job when he's done that he will be great at. My second favorite player after Theo I hoped he would go to a contender.This ownership group is more interested in $$$$$ than winning cups .

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:42 AM
nogger
Missed the Net AINEC

Guys, we're winning the cup this year so I don't know why you're so negative

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Northern Neighbour

So, when is the press conference? Oh wait, it's Eric Francis.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
So, when is the press conference? Oh wait, it's Eric Francis.
It was Monday. Video's on the Flames website.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
It was Monday. Video's on the Flames website.
Oh, the press conference that told us nothing new. That's great reporting by Eric Francis.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
Oh, the press conference that told us nothing new. That's great reporting by Eric Francis.
As always.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Baecon Pancakes

Eric Francis will say anything to make it sound like he's in the know.

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote