HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames to Hold Press Conference Regarding Iginla's Future

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 02:48 AM
  #26
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,435
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Feaster has already said its to address the fact the media will be asking Iggy every interview about an extension. They are simply stating no discussions will be made until the end of the season so don't ask again for the next 5 months. Therefore its an effort to keep everyone from asking the same question 1000 ****ing times in the next few months.
I think questions regarding a possible trade and/or extension will be banned. I think they will be implementing a zero tolerance policy and any reporting asking about it will be barred from the locker room.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:59 AM
  #27
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Realistically whats best is for Iginla to be traded to a cup contender not saying I want this but c'mon Iginla deserves it more than anyone else I would hate to see him leave but I rather him leave to win a cup then come back and retire. Calgary loves him and he loves calgary but I seriously don't think were a serious contender until we get the TRUE #1 center and our secondary scoring steps up.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
  #28
berto14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
I'm happy leaving the decision entirely in Iggy's hands -- if he wants to stay with the Flames for the last few years of his career, knowing that he'll likely never get a real shot at another Cup, I'm totally cool with that. And if he wants a trade to a contendor to take one last shot, I'm cool with that too. He's shown us more loyalty than most players would and I think we owe it to him to help him accomplish whatever it is he wants with the remainder of his career. Cup or not, Iggy will go down as the greatest Flame of all time.

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:05 PM
  #29
Unlimited Chequing
Baecon Pancakes
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I wish there was a press conference about Eric Francis' future as a reporter.
As someone who absolutely hates Eric Francis, I think this is hilarious haha

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
  #30
Rockmorton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Not to pour fuel on the fire, but...

anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?

Rockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:59 PM
  #31
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
anyone wonder if the trade scenario has anything to do with Iggy's "groin" issue? All reports say he's fine, but being held out as a precaution. Preventing him from getting injured while a deal is finalized?
Doubt it 100% as he is practicing tomorrow or the next day depending on how is gym visit goes tomorrow morning. After seeing what happened with Booth in Vancouver he is expect to miss 4-6 weeks that is 30%-40% of the season there is no way that the Flames will take the chance of rushing him. Also if they were going to trade him they wouldn't have him leading the guys in the locker room as he is.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
  #32
The Big Unit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
  #33
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace. My brother works with a guy who grew up with Jarome in St. Albert and played minor hockey with him for years. He said during the lockout he talked to Jarome who told him that his priority now is winning a cup. He wants to give it one last go with the Flames this season. If by the deadline they're not in a playoff spot or in the playoff race he might ask for a trade or just sign somewhere else in the off-season.

I agree with you guys that it's sad that Iginla doesn't finish his career as a Flame but at the same time, he deserves a Stanley Cup. He has nothing left to prove and Calgary has been incapable of providing him with a true #1 centre for virtually his whole career. Obviously I'd love to see him win a cup in the Eastern Conference or something.
As Bobby Orr, I find this very intriguing.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #34
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Try selling that to the media. Some guy's colleague has a brother who spoke to Iginla about his career goals.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
  #35
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
#unsustainable
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 0
Guys?

A friend of my brother's boss' nephew's tailor knows the lottery numbers for Saturday.

Totes legit, bro!

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
  #36
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  #37
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Iginla may want out of Calgary, but his wife doesn't. He has to convince her. That won't be easy. There is moooore to the story folks
Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:33 AM
  #38
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
#unsustainable
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Easy. Just tell her the following:

"Wifey, I'm really tempted to taste dat sweet tang down the block that's been eyeing me because she's not as over-the-hill. On another unrelated topic, I have an opportunity to play in a city 5000 miles away from her[e]".

If Chris Pronger can "convince" his wife to escape the -40 paradise of Edmonton, Iggy surely can.
Mrs Pronger was 'merican though, and wasnt as acclimated to -40 that a native Edmontonian would be, so kind of apples & oranges.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:30 AM
  #39
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Iggy will be a Flame until he's 39 maybe 40 depending on how long he wants to play.Sadly comfort and money outwiegh his Cup desire. Hate to see him go out like Sundin cause this team isnt winning a cup anytime soon. He'll get a Flame ambassador job when he's done that he will be great at. My second favorite player after Theo I hoped he would go to a contender.This ownership group is more interested in $$$$$ than winning cups .

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:42 AM
  #40
nogger
Missed the Net AINEC
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,763
vCash: 50
Guys, we're winning the cup this year so I don't know why you're so negative

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  #41
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
So, when is the press conference? Oh wait, it's Eric Francis.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
  #42
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
#unsustainable
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
So, when is the press conference? Oh wait, it's Eric Francis.
It was Monday. Video's on the Flames website.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
  #43
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
It was Monday. Video's on the Flames website.
Oh, the press conference that told us nothing new. That's great reporting by Eric Francis.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
  #44
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
#unsustainable
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Oh, the press conference that told us nothing new. That's great reporting by Eric Francis.
As always.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
  #45
Unlimited Chequing
Baecon Pancakes
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,737
vCash: 50
Eric Francis will say anything to make it sound like he's in the know.

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.