HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
miked1101

vCash: 500
If the Leafs don't want Luongo why do you keep coming back here?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1101 View Post
If the Leafs don't want Luongo why do you keep coming back here?
No kidding. The Canucks are fine with keeping both guys for a while still. Both goalies have made comments stating that they would be fine with this as well for the time being. Why do you guys have such a problem with us being fine with keeping both guys?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Rude Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
No kidding. The Canucks are fine with keeping both guys for a while still. Both goalies have made comments stating that they would be fine with this as well for the time being. Why do you guys have such a problem with us being fine with keeping both guys?
Leaf fans are probably more worried about this deal being completed then falling apart. If both guys are happy, then it actually bodes well for your team to keep them both. Everyone is happy. Especially with Lack's injury. May be a blessing in disguise for both teams. A top pick in ths years draft isn't a horrible consolation prize for a re-building team.

Now if you can only figure out a way to add a 2nd net in your end of the rink.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
StringerBell

Luongo playing in the team scrimmage in 2 minutes. Stream on Canucks website for anyone who wants to see what quality goaltending looks like

Old
01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Rude Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Luongo playing in the team scrimmage in 2 minutes. Stream on Canucks website for anyone who wants to see what quality goaltending looks like
Then keep him. The irony is maybe this the year he finally brings the Nucks a cup. Nah.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:06 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
Then keep him. The irony is maybe this the year he finally brings the Nucks a cup. Nah.
Haha can't take a joke? Just letting people know in case they wanna watch. Lighten up.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
miked1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
Leaf fans are probably more worried about this deal being completed then falling apart. If both guys are happy, then it actually bodes well for your team to keep them both. Everyone is happy. Especially with Lack's injury. May be a blessing in disguise for both teams. A top pick in ths years draft isn't a horrible consolation prize for a re-building team.

Now if you can only figure out a way to add a 2nd net in your end of the rink.
This thread has little to do with the Leafs though, apart from reports that they are interested in Luongo.

I'm just talking about Leafs fans coming in here and finding Canucks fans in here (surprise!) and getting angry and start attacking our team. Of course Canucks fans aren't going to say Luongo is garbage and that we would take a bag of pucks for him.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
frankthetank91

Well we knew Gardiner and Rielly weren't going to be traded. As camp goes on the more and more I think Kadri's not going anywhere either.

New offer:

Bozak
MacArthur/Frattin
Colborne
2nd

2 roster players, a prospect and a pick. Seems like a realistic package to me.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I couldn't. That's terrible value for a top 5 goaltender.
wow c'mon Nash>>>>Luo and look what Nash drew. I expect the best player in the deal to be a 40pt forward a middle prospect and at best a 2nd. So Bozak+Colbourne+2nd is as high as I expect the Leafs to offer and I expect Gillis to not accept now but if still no takers by the deadline then it will be even less and if still no takers after the deadline then it gets ever worse!. I could honestly see Luo staying and Schneider going if Luo isn't gone by next off season. Why give Luo away for next to nothing next year when Schneider will draw a strong return or Gillis could take the best offer on the table before the season.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:36 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Well we knew Gardiner and Rielly weren't going to be traded. As camp goes on the more and more I think Kadri's not going anywhere either.

New offer:

Bozak
MacArthur/Frattin
Colborne
2nd

Mac or Frattin in the pkg is too much. The Leafs will be able to get a descent goalie next off season and still have their players.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:

New offer:

Bozak
MacArthur/Frattin
Colborne
2nd

Maybe next October, if that's the best offer there is... Revisit then? If the offers aren't there, it's time to "lockout" the Luongo trade talks...

Old
01-16-2013, 10:40 PM
frankthetank91

I'm confused though, don't the Canucks kind of HAVE to make a trade? Asides from having 10 mil on goaltending and one that will become disgruntled having to be a backup, more importantly who's centering the 2nd line with Kesler gone? Schroeder? That can't be too good.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:43 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Still at it? Let me re-iterate what Vancouver gets from Toronto for Luongo:

Bozak + MacArthur + 2nd.

See you all again next thread!

Old
01-16-2013, 10:44 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Posted by Toxic "It has been reported that Toronto already offered Bozak + Kadri which Gillis refused. So, um, yeah, "lol @'Kadri going to Vancouver".
As for the rest of your post - "goalie that chokes", "terrible contract" - it has been discussed and refuted ad nauseam in these threads. Yet, we still get geniuses like you, coming in here, making ridiculous comments like that. Too lazy to read the thread or just trolling? Hard to tell.

Can't wait till Toronto fans see what the return actually is"

I find it funny that you think that Vancouver fans opinions have refuted the fact that Luo contract is bad lol.
Gee what about the cap penalties coming into effect due to the frontloaded contract. Also many small market clubs can't afford the actual $$ and now with the way the CBA is you still get pinned for the $$ saved, Say Luo plays 6 more years for a new club his cap would equal out to about 6.7 mil, if he stays with Van and plays 6 more years it=7.1 mil.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
I'm confused though, don't the Canucks kind of HAVE to make a trade? Asides from having 10 mil on goaltending and one that will become disgruntled having to be a backup, more importantly who's centering the 2nd line with Kesler gone? Schroeder? That can't be too good.
Trading Luongo isn't the only way to acquire temporary tweeners. If Grabovski were on the table, then we could talk.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Still at it? Let me re-iterate what Vancouver gets from Toronto for Luongo:

Bozak + MacArthur + 2nd.

See you all again next thread!
This is what I see is as well however if I had to throw in Colborne to seal the deal i'd do it.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Trading Luongo isn't the only way to acquire temporary tweeners.
So what do you guys plan on doing? Serious question, i'm curious. Kesler and Booth out that's 2 pretty big holes and considering it's a short season a bad start could be disastrous. Not exactly any good FA's available.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
So what do you guys plan on doing? Serious question, i'm curious. Kesler and Booth out that's 2 pretty big holes and considering it's a short season a bad start could be disastrous. Not exactly any good FA's available.
Not exactly any good players being offered here either though. We'll roll with the depth we have to start the season and go from there. Probably rely more on defense/goaltending and less on offense than usual.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
nubber

Quote:
Ad to that...

Risk of injury while a canuck

A diminishing value as time goes by according to sports writers with regards to the new cba

Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Round 47.....FIGHT

Old
01-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Our defense and goaltending is rock solid. If when the season start we find we aren't generating enough offense, we might trade some picks for rentals, as most of the "holes" are only temporary anyways. Both Kesler and Booth will be back for when it counts. Our short term goal is simply to make the playoffs.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:52 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
strong defense and good goltending can get you into the playoffs, by then our whole team will be there and ready to play. Word is that Kesler and Booth won't even miss that much time

Old
01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
nubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
strong defense and good goltending can get you into the playoffs, by then our whole team will be there and ready to play. Word is that Kesler and Booth won't even miss that much time
whats the best case you heard?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:02 PM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

Quote:
This is what I see is as well however if I had to throw in Colborne to seal the deal i'd do it.
I wouldn't. They can have either Bozak OR Colborne. We can't afford to lose another center with out lack of center depth

Old
01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubber View Post
whats the best case you heard?
off hand, I heard about 4 weeks and although it isn't ideal, but our strong D, goltending and all star top line can carry us until then. We also have guys like Higgins and Raymond who are good enough to be top sixers and prospects such as Schroeder and Kassian who look NHL ready. Secondary scoring is much more important in the post season imo

Closed Thread