HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice / NHL GameCenter Live all info

Old
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Really? Damn, that sucks. But if you start the stream before the game has ended, you can only start it live, right? Or can you start streaming mid-game, but then get the game from the puck drop?
If it's still on you can go back to the beginning

01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Ryker

And then I'm guessing you can just pause it, and keep your browser open if you want to watch it later, right? Well, it does make it a bit better, but I still don't get it why they don't make the replay available right away. I'm probably just going to try it and if I don't like it, cancel it within 5 days and either go with NHL Vault or nothing (if streaming traffic is going to be registered to count towards my daily bandwidth here in full).

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

I got Verizon Fios guys, I noticed the channel logos have changed.

the MLB extra innings logos are off, and NHL Center ice are on channels 1470-1489. the first 5 are in HD.

now the programming guide hasn't been updated yet.

but I spoke to Fios on the phone and Fios will be taking orders for NHL CI on Friday, price is 49.99 as far as installments and breakdowns, that will be announced on friday if anyone chooses to add the package.

But friday is the Day.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
And then I'm guessing you can just pause it, and keep your browser open if you want to watch it later, right? Well, it does make it a bit better, but I still don't get it why they don't make the replay available right away. I'm probably just going to try it and if I don't like it, cancel it within 5 days and either go with NHL Vault or nothing (if streaming traffic is going to be registered to count towards my daily bandwidth here in full).
i might be wrong on this but i think the pause will timeout after like 40mins or something..

im sure at some point last season i had to step away from my puter mid-stream and when i came back the game had finished and my stream was no longer paused..

almost as if gamecenter knows my app is paused and timed me out..

like i said im not suire if im remebering that right or not..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Yeah, I think that could work.

I'd routinely start a game, drive home during the second period, then rewind from halfway through the 3rd back to the second. I think there might be a short grace period after the game ends to turn it on and watch the whole thing but I don't remember for sure.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i might be wrong on this but i think the pause will timeout after like 40mins or something..

im sure at some point last season i had to step away from my puter mid-stream and when i came back the game had finished and my stream was no longer paused..

almost as if gamecenter knows my app is paused and timed me out..

like i said im not suire if im remebering that right or not..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Yeah, I think that could work.

I'd routinely start a game, drive home during the second period, then rewind from halfway through the 3rd back to the second. I think there might be a short grace period after the game ends to turn it on and watch the whole thing but I don't remember for sure.
Thanks, guys! I guess I'm just going to contact them directly in regards to this, but I do have one more question. Is the player they use for live games and replays the same as the one NHL.com has for highlights and such?

Old
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Thanks, guys! I guess I'm just going to contact them directly in regards to this, but I do have one more question. Is the player they use for live games and replays the same as the one NHL.com has for highlights and such?
sorry im not sure what ur asking.?

do u mean the announcers? if so with GCL you have the option for most games to listen to either home announcers or vistors..wether it be live or replay

if thats not what ur asking then i have no idea, haahah

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Ryker

No, I meant the video player, the interface, or whatever you'd call it

Old
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
No, Gamecenter has a dedicated player that lets you do all kinds of fun stuff. The timeline shows you major events, and the box score feature is handy for intermission analysis and such.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Ryker

Ah, cool, and the same with the NHL Vault?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

I purchased GC for Flyers games. I live in Michigan. Will any of the games be blacked out for me? If half are blacked out I might have to cancel.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:14 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I purchased GC for Flyers games. I live in Michigan. Will any of the games be blacked out for me? If half are blacked out I might have to cancel.
games on NBC or NBC SN will be blacked out on NHL GCL,

but NBC will show the games online, however I don't think they have an online when they are on NBC SN, I'll have to check next time that happens.

the only other games you wouldn't be able to see are NHL network games. If you have NHL network on your home tv then you are fine.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
games on NBC or NBC SN will be blacked out on NHL GCL,

but NBC will show the games online, however I don't think they have an online when they are on NBC SN, I'll have to check next time that happens.

the only other games you wouldn't be able to see are NHL network games. If you have NHL network on your home tv then you are fine.
Thx. So how many games do you think I will miss? I do not have NHL Network.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Ryker

Check the Flyers' website.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
Thx. So how many games do you think I will miss? I do not have NHL Network.
By my count it was 22 games that will be on NBC, NBC Sports Network, or the NHL Network based on the schedule here: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/schedule....013&gameType=2. That assumes "NHLN-US" means "NHL Network", but seems a safe assumption. If it's true that nearly half the games are blacked out on Gamecenter Live, this doesn't seem like a great option, as I discussed a page or two back.

One thing I don't get about this is why would they black out NHL Network games on here? Both of these are NHL controlled systems, so why would you black that out? Or maybe it's just me being annoyed that I'll have to go yet another year without watching Flyers games. That's going to piss me off to no end. Let's start paying attention the growing demographic that has cut the cord here, folks.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Flyersfan139

Just signed up for game center, can't wait for Saturday!

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
BringBackStevens

This will be my first year with cutting the cord. I have a VPN service to avoid the blackouts... i'll let everyone know how its working. I'm thinking for the NBC sports network games I should be able to use a canadian exit point

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

For any Canucks keeping score at home, doesn't have cable, thinking of getting an ip blocker service or on the fence between GCL or hockeystreams, here is the blacked out breakdown.

TSN: 6 Games & 1 TBA
TSN2: 5 Games & 1 TBA
NBC: 1 Game so far, I imagine that will change
CBC: 2 Games (A coat hangar and a 1.03 piece from Radioshack could pull in these games, so I'm not including them.

So not counting the CBC broadcasts, that brings the blackout total to 12 Games, exactly 25% of the schedule. Keep in mind all games are available to watch within 48 hours of their initial broadcast. This might be the time to consider trying out an ip blocker/proxy which would bypass all of these problems and provide you access to Netflix US, Hulu, etc.

My concern, like other past GCL subscribers, is TSN2. Last year, the channel picked up games the day of or without any warning and the blackout policy still applied.

Anyways, with the season only 48 hours away, I thought this might be some food for thought as the expression goes.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
For any Canucks keeping score at home, doesn't have cable, thinking of getting an ip blocker service or on the fence between GCL or hockeystreams, here is the blacked out breakdown.
Does hockeystreams.com have an archive so you can watch games later, as well?

edit: I'm sorry, I was lazy. Checking their FAQ, they do. AND the replays are available right away.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

If your on a mobile device are the NHLN and NBCS blacked out? I'm sorry I'm very new to this. Also I have P2P blocker will that block them from finding my location so I can watch? My biggest thing is I work nights and want to tether my phone to myttablet BC I have unlimited 4G data. When im home I can just use my apple TV or Xbox. Thanks

Old
01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
BringBackStevens

It's amazing how dumb blackout restrictions are. I'd pay a lot to be able to watch any Flyers game with GCL. I just don't want cable anymore

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
CootaRoo

I am well outside the Philly market (850-900 miles), but am I reading it right that nationally televised games (NBC, NHL network, NBC Sports, etc.) will be blacked out anyway? So GCL will only get me roughly half of the Flyers games and I will miss any of the remaining non NBC games (since I dropped cable - so I don't have the latter 2)?

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:10 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
didn't mean any
Offense...I was just saying I haven't touched my setup
In a while so I'm not 100% on the steps
Anymore. When you got a new router you probably have some reconfiguring to do.
I wasn't offended. And somehow it's now working. I don't know why but it is although only on IE, not Firefox. Apparently there is a plugin for the latest version of Firefox that doesn't work with Slingboxes so next time I try it when I'm away I'll have to use IE.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
I am well outside the Philly market (850-900 miles), but am I reading it right that nationally televised games (NBC, NHL network, NBC Sports, etc.) will be blacked out anyway? So GCL will only get me roughly half of the Flyers games and I will miss any of the remaining non NBC games (since I dropped cable - so I don't have the latter 2)?
Yes, that would happen.

Yes, it will make you reach levels of anger you thought impossible.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post

TSN: 6 Games & 1 TBA
TSN2: 5 Games & 1 TBA
NBC: 1 Game so far, I imagine that will change
CBC: 2 Games (A coat hangar and a 1.03 piece from Radioshack could pull in these games, so I'm not including them.

So not counting the CBC broadcasts, that brings the blackout total to 12 Games, exactly 25% of the schedule. Keep in mind all games are available to watch within 48 hours of their initial broadcast. This might be the time to consider trying out an ip blocker/proxy which would bypass all of these problems and provide you access to Netflix US, Hulu, etc.

My concern, like other past GCL subscribers, is TSN2. Last year, the channel picked up games the day of or without any warning and the blackout policy still applied.

Anyways, with the season only 48 hours away, I thought this might be some food for thought as the expression goes.
I now have TSN2 and SN1 (for hockey and tennis) so I won't have to worry about this anymore. It was a major pain in the ass to have games blacked out at the last minute on GCL because TSN2 picked them up.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote